Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,833 members, 7,831,703 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 02:33 AM

Junaid Mohammed: Sanusi’s Lineage Can Never Become Emir Of Kano Again - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Junaid Mohammed: Sanusi’s Lineage Can Never Become Emir Of Kano Again (49635 Views)

Peter Obi Visits Emir Of Kano Again (Pictures) / 2023: Mohammed Sanusi Clarifies Reports About Endorsing Any Candidate / Junaid Mohammed: Sanusi’s Removal As Emir Won’t Cause Any Crisis In Kano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Junaid Mohammed: Sanusi’s Lineage Can Never Become Emir Of Kano Again by Bellotelli: 12:30pm On Mar 12, 2020
haryorbarmie83:
who dare try move such motion to remove oni of Ife. No governor can try it.
Go check your history.. It has happened, and can still happen.
Re: Junaid Mohammed: Sanusi’s Lineage Can Never Become Emir Of Kano Again by Nobody: 12:43pm On Mar 12, 2020
What brought politics into the appointment of the last Emir who has just been dethroned was the fact that PDP decided to get involved and it also coincided with the fact that the former Emir had made reckless statements about missing $21b and the former president, Goodluck Jonathan asked him to be arrested.

When will tell fools that Sanusi's Allegations of missing $20 billion dollars during GEJ govt was all lies, they will begin to say nonsense.

Karma always pays back. Now he is living in a house where I can't even stay, like a common prisoner

It will get to Ameach and Tinubu's turn very soon
Re: Junaid Mohammed: Sanusi’s Lineage Can Never Become Emir Of Kano Again by Mazikic(m): 12:47pm On Mar 12, 2020
TheChameleon:

Explanation- Some are born to rule.

Some are born to asslick and forever be slaves.

Fill in the gap.
Some are also born to beg!
Re: Junaid Mohammed: Sanusi’s Lineage Can Never Become Emir Of Kano Again by jaxxy(m): 12:57pm On Mar 12, 2020
IkeOnyia:
Sanusi Lamido was alleged to have instigated the mob killing of an Igbo man in Kano but Igbos have become his number one advocates. Shame!

I will tell u have it is with no sentiments, Sanusi is a brilliant bt terrible man, u don’t want to to be at his mercy.

He may have changed abit since becoming emir bt there is no real guarantee.

If Igbo’s are indeed supporting him they are indeed the most confused tribe in Nigeria and probably earth.
Re: Junaid Mohammed: Sanusi’s Lineage Can Never Become Emir Of Kano Again by hisexcellency34: 12:57pm On Mar 12, 2020
So if they ask you to come and become Oba in your village, you wont take it?

Meninmen:
What brought politics into the appointment of the last Emir who has just been dethroned was the fact that PDP decided to get involved and it also coincided with the fact that the former Emir had made reckless statements about missing $21b and the former president, Goodluck Jonathan asked him to be arrested.

When will tell fools that Sanusi's Allegations of missing $20 billion dollars during GEJ govt was all lies, they will begin to say nonsense.

Karma always pays back. Now he is living in a house where I can't even stay, like a common prisoner

It will get to Ameach and Tinubu's turn very soon
Re: Junaid Mohammed: Sanusi’s Lineage Can Never Become Emir Of Kano Again by stormborn28(m): 1:00pm On Mar 12, 2020
helinues:

Another gibberish from Junaid

Real nonsense
Re: Junaid Mohammed: Sanusi’s Lineage Can Never Become Emir Of Kano Again by emezuo17: 1:11pm On Mar 12, 2020
IkeOnyia:
Sanusi Lamido was alleged to have instigated the mob killing of an Igbo man in Kano but Igbos have become his number one advocates. Shame!
. I am igbo, I am not his advocate, in one tone, you people say igbos are happy he is removed because of the role he played against Jonathan, now you say igbos are the one crying for him, which narration do we take now.
Re: Junaid Mohammed: Sanusi’s Lineage Can Never Become Emir Of Kano Again by Amalekki: 1:12pm On Mar 12, 2020
babaireti:

Ooni of Ife is different,he is the Arole of Oodua,the Onirisa of Yoruba land and he is the representative of the Deities that governs not only the Yoruba land,but the entire universe.Therefore,Ooni is beyond any political office or influence,it is purely traditional and any politician that crosses his path will have the gods to contends with.
Is that in your personal constitution? Let Ooni do pass himself, he will be dethroned & another Ife Babalawo descendant will replace him in a matter of days. Ooni will remain but the person behind it will change & life goes on.
Re: Junaid Mohammed: Sanusi’s Lineage Can Never Become Emir Of Kano Again by Amalekki: 1:20pm On Mar 12, 2020
samdaisi:
If you want to be a recognised king in Nigeria and you want people to honour you,you must know how to earn respect and eschew politics or you play your card smartly.

names of the kings that dethroned and banished in Nigeria since 1845-1963

1) Alaafin of Oyo. 1845

2) Oba of Lagos. 1897

3). Oba of Benin. 1956

4) Olowo of Oyo. 1966

5). Emir of Kano 1963

Sultan of Sokoto - 1996

A Oba of Benin was suspended but not dethroned in the 90s.

The stories behind some of those dethronements are deeper than your conclusions here. These are powerful kings including rulers of recognized great empires.

Times have changed over several generations. Someone argued extensively here that Oba of Benin is untouchable but facts on ground showed that governors can remove any traditional ruler aside from the fact that very powerful ones like Sultan & Alaafin have been removed in the past.

1 Like

Re: Junaid Mohammed: Sanusi’s Lineage Can Never Become Emir Of Kano Again by sunkieisland(m): 1:23pm On Mar 12, 2020
The Emir's seat is not a political appointment, yet the dollar guy just gave the new emir an appointment letter.

It is a travesty to think that Nigerians don't understand simple English and we gullible.

No political undertone my foot.... angry
Re: Junaid Mohammed: Sanusi’s Lineage Can Never Become Emir Of Kano Again by Ryocaj(m): 1:23pm On Mar 12, 2020
SangoOlukosoOba:
Royalty has been disfigured

The title will never be what it used to be.

Am Emir is now like a pig knowinghe can be removed at anytime

Imagine dethroning the Great Oni of Ife.
The Alaafin of Oyo n Oba of Benin were once dethroned.. Even d Sultan removed by a military head of state.. So d Oni can be definitely dethroned..

1 Like

Re: Junaid Mohammed: Sanusi’s Lineage Can Never Become Emir Of Kano Again by Amalekki: 1:31pm On Mar 12, 2020
sunkieisland:
The Emir's seat is not a political appointment, yet the dollar guy just gave the new emir an appointment letter.

It is a travesty to think that Nigerians don't understand simple English and we gullible.

No political undertone my foot.... angry
They all receive letter of appointment as public officers in Nigeria. A most recent popular one is Ooni of Ife who got his letter of appointment from his governor, Aregbesola in 2015.
Re: Junaid Mohammed: Sanusi’s Lineage Can Never Become Emir Of Kano Again by ObaOduaa: 1:42pm On Mar 12, 2020
[s]
FrLukas:
Why do journalists insist on interviewing this man...

I thought we all agreed that he has psychiatric problem.
[/s]
Re: Junaid Mohammed: Sanusi’s Lineage Can Never Become Emir Of Kano Again by sunkieisland(m): 1:42pm On Mar 12, 2020
Amalekki:

They all receive letter of appointment as public officers in Nigeria. A most recent popular one is Ooni of Ife who got his letter of appointment from his governor, Aregbesola in 2015.

I haven't been in Kano since 2011 so I don't remember most of the customs but I'm pretty sure there's a political undertone to everything playing out right now in Kano. They'll usually say otherwise but we all know from simple logic and deductive reasoning.
Re: Junaid Mohammed: Sanusi’s Lineage Can Never Become Emir Of Kano Again by Nobody: 1:52pm On Mar 12, 2020
hisexcellency34:
So if they ask you to come and become Oba in your village, you wont take it?

What is this one saying. How Does my post relates to what you just said?
Re: Junaid Mohammed: Sanusi’s Lineage Can Never Become Emir Of Kano Again by Amalekki: 1:56pm On Mar 12, 2020
sunkieisland:

I haven't been in Kano since 2011 so I don't remember most of the customs but I'm pretty sure there's a political undertone to everything playing out right now in Kano. They'll usually say otherwise but we all know from simple logic and deductive reasoning.
Yes positions of authority are political by nature going by the definition of politics. It is the same in your family, church, mosque & workplace. This development is not new in Kano & not too distant manifestations include Aminu Kano's Talakawa movement, Abubakar Rimi's battles with the emir & the Maitatsine movement. The culture, the customs & their impact on governance cannot be isolated from politics. It is the cross of the more powerful traditional institutions & their peculiarities to their specific environment.
Re: Junaid Mohammed: Sanusi’s Lineage Can Never Become Emir Of Kano Again by blowjohn(m): 2:00pm On Mar 12, 2020
Emmanuelhector:
far higher than sultan of sokoto who was once dethroned?

Historical wise, yes
Re: Junaid Mohammed: Sanusi’s Lineage Can Never Become Emir Of Kano Again by Emmanuelhector(m): 2:47pm On Mar 12, 2020
blowjohn:

Historical wise, yes
pls educate me where history stated Oni of ife above sultan of sokoto.. Oni represents Yoruba while sultan represents Hausa and Yoruba Muslims..
Re: Junaid Mohammed: Sanusi’s Lineage Can Never Become Emir Of Kano Again by Nobody: 3:00pm On Mar 12, 2020
Ryocaj:

The Alaafin of Oyo n Oba of Benin were once dethroned.. Even d Sultan removed by a military head of state.. So d Oni can be definitely dethroned..
You are not well informed, the Oba of Benin lost a war against britain, and got exiled to calabar by the british victors.
He didn't get dethroned.
Any government can lose power after losing a war, the nigerian government, the usa government, the british government...
Some people in the media are having you guys confuse losing a war with beng dethroned by a governor in the nigerian set up.
Re: Junaid Mohammed: Sanusi’s Lineage Can Never Become Emir Of Kano Again by Sewgon79(m): 3:04pm On Mar 12, 2020
SangoOlukosoOba:
Royalty has been disfigured

The title will never be what it used to be.

Am Emir is now like a pig knowinghe can be removed at anytime

Imagine dethroning the Great Oni of Ife.

I have never hear or written in history that Ooni of Ife was dethroned. Ta ló fe gbé iná wo ojú ẹkùn là í ṣe àwo.
Re: Junaid Mohammed: Sanusi’s Lineage Can Never Become Emir Of Kano Again by Hoephase: 3:04pm On Mar 12, 2020
Difrent:

Hypocrites
Sanusi says 20 billion missing, igbos says it's a LIE and wanted GEJ government to fail.
Sanusi says speak against northern elites, igbos say it's the TRUTH

Yeye people don't know their right from left

Most amusing is how they in the south east are taking panadol for kano people, many of them predicted doom and chaos but it didn't happen and they are so unhappy that they now embrace the killer of their kinsman in 1994,......at least one of your 'gods' FFK also confirmed this

You people will never cease to amaze me. How does the rants of few people on NL translate to an Igbo affair?

The last time I checked majority of Nigerians are poor people living in the villages across the countries.

These majority are more concern about their daily bread than who was booted out of the office.

Which still brings us back to the question how does the view of few on the Internet becomes the position of an entire tribe?

It is on this forum that people will spin every ill news from South around the neck of the Igbo. I am sure their are Yorubas and Ijaws and other tribe that have a different opinions but you guys would rather conveniently ignore that and weave it just around the neck of people of SE. Una weldon ooh.
Re: Junaid Mohammed: Sanusi’s Lineage Can Never Become Emir Of Kano Again by Nobody: 3:08pm On Mar 12, 2020
blowjohn:

History wise, u cant compare the Emir to the Great Oni of Ife.
The Oni is far higher
yoruba and your stupid comparisons.
How do you rate two leaders of two different kingdoms ?
Only yoruba have the answer to this question.
Is the president of france higher than the prime minister of england ?

1 Like

Re: Junaid Mohammed: Sanusi’s Lineage Can Never Become Emir Of Kano Again by Dollabiz: 4:04pm On Mar 12, 2020
smiley
Re: Junaid Mohammed: Sanusi’s Lineage Can Never Become Emir Of Kano Again by Amalekki: 4:05pm On Mar 12, 2020
ghostwon:

yoruba and your stupid comparisons.
How do you rate two leaders of two different kingdoms ?
Only yoruba have the answer to this question.
Is the president of france higher than the prime minister of england ?
Ignorance has no race, tribe, or ethnic group.

1 Like

Re: Junaid Mohammed: Sanusi’s Lineage Can Never Become Emir Of Kano Again by Difrent: 4:31pm On Mar 12, 2020
Hoephase:

You people will never cease to amaze me

Me too
Re: Junaid Mohammed: Sanusi’s Lineage Can Never Become Emir Of Kano Again by blowjohn(m): 5:05pm On Mar 12, 2020
Emmanuelhector:
pls educate me where history stated Oni of ife above sultan of sokoto.. Oni represents Yoruba while sultan represents Hausa and Yoruba Muslims..

The Pope and the Methodist Primate, who wields more power?
Re: Junaid Mohammed: Sanusi’s Lineage Can Never Become Emir Of Kano Again by exponent50real(m): 5:31pm On Mar 12, 2020
let them make him the president or let him stand for election, let’s see the votes he can get................
so this there plan, God will punish you all.................................
Re: Junaid Mohammed: Sanusi’s Lineage Can Never Become Emir Of Kano Again by hisexcellency34: 5:52pm On Mar 12, 2020
Which plan? You think Sanusi can win ordinary Ksno governorship election
exponent50real:
let them make him the president or let him stand for election, let’s see the votes he can get................
so this there plan, God will punish you all.................................
Re: Junaid Mohammed: Sanusi’s Lineage Can Never Become Emir Of Kano Again by Yebosola(m): 6:14pm On Mar 12, 2020
Ajinoride:
but the main reason was he chose to be in the service of those who have made it their professional career to abuse the north, humiliate the north and believe nothing good can come out of the north. No community can be condemned out rightly like that nor can you condemn the leaders of societies the way he has been doing it. If you want to condemn people, you must be specific and state what they have done right and what they have done wrong and what is your own specific solution to the problem.

This was his offence.

Exactly, I said this on several thread on his dethronement, but kids on NL were masturbating Gandollar up & down.
Re: Junaid Mohammed: Sanusi’s Lineage Can Never Become Emir Of Kano Again by kayusely70(m): 8:47pm On Mar 12, 2020
A spentforce always looking for relevance
Re: Junaid Mohammed: Sanusi’s Lineage Can Never Become Emir Of Kano Again by Ryocaj(m): 8:55pm On Mar 12, 2020
ghostwon:

You are not well informed, the Oba of Benin lost a war against britain, and got exiled to calabar by the british victors.
He didn't get dethroned.
Any government can lose power after losing a war, the nigerian government, the usa government, the british government...
Some people in the media are having you guys confuse losing a war with beng dethroned by a governor in the nigerian set up.

He was removed by d British from d throne.. is that not being dethroned..
Dethrone - verb. (tr) to remove from a throne or deprive of any high position or title..
Go back 2 primary school.. n stop spitting trash

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Cooking Gas Consumers Will No Longer Own Cylinders – FG / The Beautiful City Of Abakaliki, Ebonyi State (pics/video) / Ibrahim Babangida Riding With Queen Elizabeth In Her Carriage (Throwback Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.