Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,230 members, 7,818,775 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:35 AM

Dangote Loses N240 Billion To Coronavirus In 5 Hours - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dangote Loses N240 Billion To Coronavirus In 5 Hours (49266 Views)

Dangote Loses Africa's Richest Man Ranking As Forbes Updates List / Lockdown: What Computer Village Lagos Looks Like Due To Coronavirus (Video) / Dangote Loses $2.5bn In One Month - Bloomberg (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote Loses N240 Billion To Coronavirus In 5 Hours by Nobody: 12:48pm On Mar 12, 2020
HigherEd:
This is why I tell people Adenuga is actually currently wealthier than Dangote. Adenuga runs a chain of Private companies that don't necessarily declare profits or have their valuations messed with by a global crisis. Dangote on the other, by running a public company will have his plc stocks wiped or surging due to global occurrences.

The kind of money the folks in Telcos are making phew.

don't they buy stocks, don't they rely on customers?

no business is an island, the fact that denuga is silent doesn't mean he ain't making losses.
Re: Dangote Loses N240 Billion To Coronavirus In 5 Hours by Kingrefreshed: 12:50pm On Mar 12, 2020
Re: Dangote Loses N240 Billion To Coronavirus In 5 Hours by Nobody: 12:52pm On Mar 12, 2020
kilonshele101:

“The centre of it all is China and being a major world power both in productive and consumption capacities, any ill wind affecting China would naturally cause a big sneezing to the rest of world""

I pray that one day Nigeria should be a major world power both in productive and consumption capacities that any ill wind affecting Nigeria should naturally cause a big sneezing to the rest of world.

Lol, continue praying.
Re: Dangote Loses N240 Billion To Coronavirus In 5 Hours by wisdomkid: 12:53pm On Mar 12, 2020
allanphash7:
And me is here thinking of the 1k bet9ja took from me

Life is not just fair

The brain quota matters alot. You think Bet9ja, he thinks dominion of industries. Life isn't fair, you're not fair to your self development. Don't blame life and think you're actually doing the right thing. Y

1 Like

Re: Dangote Loses N240 Billion To Coronavirus In 5 Hours by allandutch: 12:58pm On Mar 12, 2020
SaintHilary:
The atheist say there is no God, Science can overcome all. LMAO

In physics they say the earth came about via an explosion their grand fathers Timed.

The world is feeling the heat now

Doctors are advising people to pray. To who exactly? The Explosion?

Football matches are being played behind closed doors, millions of $ lost through match tickets. Laliga just postponed their next 2 rounds of matches.

Schools are closed, The world is now moving slowly like Ikeja Traffic

A certain man can't go for vacation with tax payers money anymore, the Air Force 1 is finally having a rest

The world is coming to an end! but not in my lifetime tho

I know people like you thrive on this kinda news.
It gives you joy.
The same scientists that have no solution according to you are the ones on the frontline treating people and finding a vaccine.
You think people in the countries affected don't pray? Even religious leaders are taking measures recommended by the scientists to avoid contracting the virus and you're here talking nonsense.
That's how some idiot on this platform said that the coronavirus was God's punishment for china's religious intolerance... What about Korea, Italy, UK, Germany? They're being punished too?
See, let's just hope the virus doesn't get out of control here, because if it does that sense wey all of una no get you go get am by force.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dangote Loses N240 Billion To Coronavirus In 5 Hours by JohnnyBling(m): 12:59pm On Mar 12, 2020
landmark86:
Ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Losing N240 Billion within 5hours
Dangote must have be a strong person.

Just yesterday a neighbour hang himself just because of 5k ticket that got cut by Liverpool defeat.

Lies!!
Re: Dangote Loses N240 Billion To Coronavirus In 5 Hours by JBoss25(m): 1:00pm On Mar 12, 2020
landmark86:
Ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just yesterday a neighbour hang himself just because of 5k ticket that got cut by Liverpool defeat.

are you serious?
Re: Dangote Loses N240 Billion To Coronavirus In 5 Hours by xnsandrxns: 1:01pm On Mar 12, 2020
SaintHilary:

In physics they say the earth came about via an explosion their grand fathers Timed.

Football matches are being played behind closed doors, millions of $ lost through match tickets. Laliga just postponed their next 2 rounds of matches.

A certain man can't go for vacation with tax payers money anymore, the Air Force 1 is finally having a rest

So why hasn't one of the gods provided cure for all the diseases killing people all over the world?
Cancer, viruses and the likes of them

If you really want to laugh at the atheists, show them what your god has done

1 Like

Re: Dangote Loses N240 Billion To Coronavirus In 5 Hours by Blackmiserable(m): 1:01pm On Mar 12, 2020
gpatern:
[s]if the rate he makes the money is more than the rate he looses it then, there is a balance.[/s]

Rubbish talk. Why not hustle and make your own money. Stop worrying about a rich man's loss. The sky is too big for birds to fly. Must there be a balance?

Nonsense talk.
Re: Dangote Loses N240 Billion To Coronavirus In 5 Hours by wink2015(m): 1:01pm On Mar 12, 2020
LET NIGERIA BE RESTRUCTURED TO A TRUE FEDERAL STATE NORTHERNERS REFUSED.

NOW, CORONAVIRUS IS NOW RESTRUCTURING YOUR THINKING THAT YOU REFUSE TO LISTEN TO VOICE OF REASONS.

That Hausa woman that is heading the ministry of finance. is now totally confused.

THAT IS WHAT YOU GET WHEN YOU LEAVE YOUR OWN RESOURCES UP NORTH AND BE FEEDING FAT ON NIGER DELTA CRUDE OIL MONEY.

Imagine Dangote loosing so much money from the stock exchange.
Re: Dangote Loses N240 Billion To Coronavirus In 5 Hours by nomenclature(m): 1:03pm On Mar 12, 2020
Even bitcoin is having a free fall.i just tire
Re: Dangote Loses N240 Billion To Coronavirus In 5 Hours by Nodogragra4me(m): 1:08pm On Mar 12, 2020
HigherEd:
This is why I tell people Adenuga is actually currently wealthier than Dangote. Adenuga runs a chain of Private companies that don't necessarily declare profits or have their valuations messed with by a global crisis. Dangote on the other, by running a public company will have his plc stocks wiped or surging due to global occurrences.

The loss is not real. It is just paper loss.

If he manipulates the shares prices he will raise the value of the stocks again.

What you read as his networth is papar value if his company continues as a going concern.

He can never realise that in cash if he is to sell off the company.
Re: Dangote Loses N240 Billion To Coronavirus In 5 Hours by Advancedman(m): 1:08pm On Mar 12, 2020
Re: Dangote Loses N240 Billion To Coronavirus In 5 Hours by gnykelly(m): 1:17pm On Mar 12, 2020
iammo:
cool

If there is something I hate about Dangote and his cunning evil friend Otedola its their love to manipulate stocks and leave investors hanging while they buy back stocks at really lower rate from investors..

2009 Dangote and Otedola had the biggest financial battle of Nigeria, media were awash , unknown to everyone they were both laughing at African Petrol AP investors.. Ote$ collapsed AP during the global financial meltdown, and acquired it has his renaming it Forte, few years down the line he sold Forte Oil at a very juicy breathtaking amount while he divest in to Power Production

ote$ has been a rogue business man... he mandated employees to buy his companies share knowing fully well the end game was to crash price...the underlying fundamental of forte oil didn't deserve that initial valuation.

this is Nigeria anything goes
Re: Dangote Loses N240 Billion To Coronavirus In 5 Hours by lastmessenger: 1:20pm On Mar 12, 2020
iammo:
cool

If there is something I hate about Dangote and his cunning evil friend Otedola its their love to manipulate stocks and leave investors hanging while they buy back stocks at really lower rate from investors..

2009 Dangote and Otedola had the biggest financial battle of Nigeria, media were awash , unknown to everyone they were both laughing at African Petrol AP investors.. Ote$ collapsed AP during the global financial meltdown, and acquired it has his renaming it Forte, few years down the line he sold Forte Oil at a very juicy breathtaking amount while he divest in to Power Production

that's being street smart
Re: Dangote Loses N240 Billion To Coronavirus In 5 Hours by Happyguy201: 1:21pm On Mar 12, 2020
landmark86:
Ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tell your neighbor I said he is an idiot ,
Re: Dangote Loses N240 Billion To Coronavirus In 5 Hours by Godwin2am(m): 1:29pm On Mar 12, 2020
SaintHilary:

eventually there's going to be a paradigm shift in how the world works, tho....there won't be a cure for this epidemic, all who saves will be no more and the poor will capitalise on what the rich have.within the next two month there will be a total economy breakdown in the whole world.....................it will be getting worst
Re: Dangote Loses N240 Billion To Coronavirus In 5 Hours by AK481(m): 1:34pm On Mar 12, 2020
HigherEd:

Says who?

Let me give u a scenario, dangote bought moribund gboko cement from benue state govt at a very cheap rate at rebranded it into dangote cement and sold 30% of the share to the public at the then current share per unit (160 naira per share )

Only 30% gave him more that enough money to pay up for gboko cement and excess change to start investing .he bought the company using other people’s money and still owe 70% ( major shares)

This can only be possible in plc (listed company)

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Loses N240 Billion To Coronavirus In 5 Hours by juwoonn(m): 1:39pm On Mar 12, 2020
landmark86:
Ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lies!!!
Haha
Re: Dangote Loses N240 Billion To Coronavirus In 5 Hours by fideblast: 2:00pm On Mar 12, 2020
Mateen1000:
shocked 240 Billion Naira, Thats huge

Meanwhile, Someone should check on Uncle Dammmnnnnn Niggggaaar, its been a while o grin
Mateen1000:
shocked 240 Billion Naira, Thats huge

Meanwhile, Someone should check on Uncle Dammmnnnnn Niggggaaar, its been a while o grin
[quote you are right oooauthor=Mateen1000 post=87377740] shocked 240 Billion Naira, Thats huge

Meanwhile, Someone should check on Uncle Dammmnnnnn Niggggaaar, its been a while o grin[/quote]

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Loses N240 Billion To Coronavirus In 5 Hours by Azone: 2:07pm On Mar 12, 2020
HigherEd:

I would like to agree with you. But Adenuga is a debtor. He owes practically everyone he does business with. Go and ask well in the market, he never pays. Such persons cannot be classified as RICH.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Loses N240 Billion To Coronavirus In 5 Hours by enemyofprogress: 2:12pm On Mar 12, 2020
Na wa o. This coronavirus should pay an official visit to Aso Villa nau
Re: Dangote Loses N240 Billion To Coronavirus In 5 Hours by Nobody: 2:12pm On Mar 12, 2020
lies! dangote is not even worth up to 240 billion naira.
Re: Dangote Loses N240 Billion To Coronavirus In 5 Hours by Nobody: 2:15pm On Mar 12, 2020
quentin06:

don't they buy stocks, don't they rely on customers?

no business is an island, the fact that denuga is silent doesn't mean he ain't making losses.
Don't mind the Ignoramuse, what he doesn't realise is to stay at the top in business you need the Kings, CUSTOMERS. customers are the root, king, beginning and end of any business.
Re: Dangote Loses N240 Billion To Coronavirus In 5 Hours by bigiyaro(m): 3:29pm On Mar 12, 2020
Qsand:
The average cost of a life is $1.2m
-anonymous
guy, better recalculate and be more articulated.. the last time, a boy beheaded a woman for 150k dats naira o, not dollars.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Loses N240 Billion To Coronavirus In 5 Hours by dontrulee: 3:33pm On Mar 12, 2020
Nawa ooo.. I guess it didn't affect his bank balance though. I lost 10k yesterday, it was hell..
Re: Dangote Loses N240 Billion To Coronavirus In 5 Hours by dontrulee: 3:35pm On Mar 12, 2020
gypsey:
lies! dangote is not even worth up to 240 billion naira.
you think so? perhaps one's network doesn't include his worth in stock exchange.
Re: Dangote Loses N240 Billion To Coronavirus In 5 Hours by Legendguru: 3:42pm On Mar 12, 2020
smiley
Re: Dangote Loses N240 Billion To Coronavirus In 5 Hours by AmazonHippolyta(f): 3:52pm On Mar 12, 2020
allandutch:

I know people like you thrive on this kinda news.
I gives you joy.
The same scientists that have no solution according to you are the ones on the frontline treating people and finding a vaccine.
You think people in the countries affected don't pray? Even religious leaders are taking measures recommended by the scientists to avoid contracting the virus and you're here talking nonsense.
That's how some idiot on this platform said that coronavirus was God's punishment for china's religious intolerance... What about Korea, Italy, UK, Germany? They're being punished too?
See, let's just hope the virus doesn't get out of control here, because if it does that sense wey all of una no get you go get am by force.
Too much sense.

Nice one
Re: Dangote Loses N240 Billion To Coronavirus In 5 Hours by Torg77: 4:06pm On Mar 12, 2020
HigherEd:

This one spends his life worrying about who's richer between adenuga and dangote..worry about what's in your account if you have anything there at all

1 Like

Re: Dangote Loses N240 Billion To Coronavirus In 5 Hours by Torg77: 4:07pm On Mar 12, 2020
landmark86:
Ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep telling lies
Re: Dangote Loses N240 Billion To Coronavirus In 5 Hours by Nobody: 4:14pm On Mar 12, 2020
landmark86:
Ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lies.
Liverpool won under full time, whoever bet on Liverpool to win has won the ticket.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

6 Exotic Business Ideas For 2016 / Supreme Court Temporarily Halts Banning Of Old Naira Notes / Earning At Least N200,000 as Side Income Isn't that Bad. Learn How I Do it

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.