Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,684 members, 7,816,792 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:15 PM

Help, My Rav4 Ac Not Cooling- Changed Compressor And Condenser To No Avail! - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help, My Rav4 Ac Not Cooling- Changed Compressor And Condenser To No Avail! (2374 Views)

My Rav4 2001 Model / Can someone recommend good technician for my Rav4 A/C / The Current Prices Of Corolla AC Compressor And Condenser (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help, My Rav4 Ac Not Cooling- Changed Compressor And Condenser To No Avail! by livenletlive: 12:33pm On Mar 12, 2020
I have this ac wahala(not cooling) with my rav4 for a while now. Changed compressor and condenser last month as recommended, still not cooling. The ac guy now thinks its electrical. Who knows the right place to track and solve this problem once and all in Lagos?
Re: Help, My Rav4 Ac Not Cooling- Changed Compressor And Condenser To No Avail! by abisabat: 2:31pm On Mar 12, 2020
Search for mosbus user name here in nairaland.

He will surely sought you out.

He is pricey but will deliver as long as you are willing.

2 Likes

Re: Help, My Rav4 Ac Not Cooling- Changed Compressor And Condenser To No Avail! by livenletlive: 5:08pm On Mar 12, 2020
Thanks. Will look him up
Re: Help, My Rav4 Ac Not Cooling- Changed Compressor And Condenser To No Avail! by Schro4real: 12:12pm On Mar 13, 2020
Have you checked your a/c relays and fuses?
Re: Help, My Rav4 Ac Not Cooling- Changed Compressor And Condenser To No Avail! by livenletlive: 10:44am On Mar 14, 2020
I think I need an expert here as my current ac and electrical guys seem to have exhausted their limits.
Re: Help, My Rav4 Ac Not Cooling- Changed Compressor And Condenser To No Avail! by kaziem(m): 3:54pm On Mar 14, 2020
livenletlive:
I think I need an expert here as my current ac and electrical guys seem to have exhausted their limits.

Bros, try to locate the fuse box as someone mentioned above and check the fuse or relay for the AC, it may be the issue. YouTube and Google can help with the location.
There is no harm in trying...
Re: Help, My Rav4 Ac Not Cooling- Changed Compressor And Condenser To No Avail! by ivoryhouse(m): 6:15am On Mar 15, 2020
livenletlive:
I have this ac wahala(not cooling) with my rav4 for a while now. Changed compressor and condenser last month as recommended, still not cooling. The ac guy now thinks its electrical. Who knows the right place to track and solve this problem once and all in Lagos?
Did tou replace the valves? And you're not clear, isn't that the compressor has no power or it blows but isn't cooling? Most times, we just change compressor and condenser but forget to replace other more sensitive parts. Drier accumulator, valves and other really sensitive parts should be changed, especially drier accumulator which BTW should be replaced every time the air conditioning system is opened. See Mosbus, and if you can afford it, Radautoworks will restore it to factory settings

1 Like

Re: Help, My Rav4 Ac Not Cooling- Changed Compressor And Condenser To No Avail! by autologic: 4:12pm On Mar 15, 2020
livenletlive:
Model year of Rav 4 cos with different year's model the HVAC design is not the same .
Re: Help, My Rav4 Ac Not Cooling- Changed Compressor And Condenser To No Avail! by livenletlive: 5:36pm On Mar 15, 2020
kaziem:

Bros, try to locate the fuse box as someone mentioned above and check the fuse or relay for the AC, it may be the issue. YouTube and Google can help with the location.
There is no harm in trying...

Thanks. Will do that.
Re: Help, My Rav4 Ac Not Cooling- Changed Compressor And Condenser To No Avail! by livenletlive: 5:39pm On Mar 15, 2020
ivoryhouse:

Did tou replace the valves? And you're not clear, isn't that the compressor has no power or it blows but isn't cooling? Most times, we just change compressor and condenser but forget to replace other more sensitive parts. Drier accumulator, valves and other really sensitive parts should be changed, especially drier accumulator which BTW should be replaced every time the air conditioning system is opened. See Mosbus, and if you can afford it, Radautoworks will restore it to factory settings

Thank you. Didn't change anything else apart from condenser and compressor. Will do another check.
Re: Help, My Rav4 Ac Not Cooling- Changed Compressor And Condenser To No Avail! by livenletlive: 5:41pm On Mar 15, 2020
autologic:

Model year of Rav 4 cos with different year's model the HVAC design is not the same .
Thanks. V6, 2006 model. 2GR engine
Re: Help, My Rav4 Ac Not Cooling- Changed Compressor And Condenser To No Avail! by autologic: 8:11pm On Mar 15, 2020
livenletlive:

Thanks. V6, 2006 model. 2GR engine
I am sure where the issues come from your tech inability to get the FDC manual compressor to work instead of making use of the automatic clutch- driven VDc compressor that is originally designed for the car . Although there are still way of still manipulating the FDC connection to match VDC design which your technician is not aware of .
Re: Help, My Rav4 Ac Not Cooling- Changed Compressor And Condenser To No Avail! by livenletlive: 9:43am On Mar 16, 2020
autologic:

I am sure where the issues come from your tech inability to get the FDC manual compressor to work instead of making use of the automatic clutch- driven VDc compressor that is originally designed for the car . Although there are still way of still manipulating the FDC connection to match VDC design which your technician is not aware of .
Thanks. Please do you know a competent tech that can resolve this?
Re: Help, My Rav4 Ac Not Cooling- Changed Compressor And Condenser To No Avail! by autologic: 12:30pm On Mar 16, 2020
livenletlive:

Thanks. Please do you know a competent tech that can resolve this?
We can help you fix this ,Check my contact and location on this signature .
Re: Help, My Rav4 Ac Not Cooling- Changed Compressor And Condenser To No Avail! by Nobody: 3:48pm On Mar 16, 2020
what about your evaporator located in the dash board, have you checked it before?

ac is system, got to check all components, dont just go changing compressor and condenser.

a clogged or leaking evap could damage your compressor and condenser.

happened to me.
Re: Help, My Rav4 Ac Not Cooling- Changed Compressor And Condenser To No Avail! by livenletlive: 4:08pm On Mar 16, 2020
quentin06:
what about your evaporator located in the dash board, have you checked it before?

ac is system, got to check all components, dont just go changing compressor and condenser.

a clogged or leaking evap could damage your compressor and condenser.

happened to me.

Hmmm.
Not checked evaporator. The ac guy mentioned but didn't get around it. Now I just don't want to do trial-and-error so am looking for competent hand.
Re: Help, My Rav4 Ac Not Cooling- Changed Compressor And Condenser To No Avail! by Nobody: 4:21pm On Mar 16, 2020
livenletlive:

Hmmm.
Not checked evaporator. The ac guy mentioned but didn't get around it. Now I just don't want to do trial-and-error so am looking for competent hand.

am not in lagos, but I bet you can find competent hands there, if your compressor and condenser is working and your system was recharged, then you have a leak some where, its only logical that you check your evaporator as it was not checked before.

if it is the culprit you will have to flush the entire ac system. which includes your new condenser and compressor.

cheers.
Re: Help, My Rav4 Ac Not Cooling- Changed Compressor And Condenser To No Avail! by livenletlive: 4:25pm On Mar 17, 2020
quentin06:

am not in lagos, but I bet you can find competent hands there, if your compressor and condenser is working and your system was recharged, then you have a leak some where, its only logical that you check your evaporator as it was not checked before.

if it is the culprit you will have to flush the entire ac system. which includes your new condenser and compressor.

cheers.

Thanks a lot.

(1) (Reply)

Oil Filter Replacement / CRUISE CONTROL; Saves Or Uses More Fuel? / Why The Fake Sound System In New Cars These Days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.