Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,145 members, 7,835,830 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:45 PM

Strip Nta Of Monopoly - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Strip Nta Of Monopoly (894 Views)

Reps Bill To Break Monopoly Of DSTV Passes Through 2nd Reading / NTA And AIT Now Praising GMB!!! / Reps Move To End Dstv Monopoly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Strip Nta Of Monopoly by initiator(m): 12:17pm On Jun 04, 2007
It is about time NTA is stripped of her network status monopoly. Just like in the US, there are about four major networks: ABC NBC, FOX and CBS. They all compete for viewers. In the UK, the publicly funded (not government owned) BBC does not accept adverts from private companies. Same with DW in germany. So why is it that in Nigeria, the federal government gives subvention to NTA, they collect adverts thereby slugging it out with other private stations to crown it all, they are the only network in the country. While i dont support the exclusive right given to DSTV by foreign stations, i dont support NTA's either!

(1) (Reply)

Invest In My Movie / That Ophra Documentary On Mugus And Nigerian / Can Everybody On TV Act?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.