Stats: 3,154,455 members, 7,823,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:08 PM

Anti-Amotekun Protest Rocks Lagos - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anti-Amotekun Protest Rocks Lagos (66424 Views)

Crisis Rocks Lagos APC As Prince Idris Balogun Writes Tinubu / Protest Rocks Lagos Over Obasanjo's Alleged Plan To Install Interim Govt / Fresh Crisis Rocks Lagos APC As Faction Moves To Stop Primaries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anti-Amotekun Protest Rocks Lagos by Lekison(m): 8:47pm On Mar 12, 2020
ybalogs:
There are 3 Senators representing Niger State in the National Assembly

*One is sponsoring Hate Speech Bill.

*Second one is sponsoring Social Media Bill.

*Third one is sponsoring Generator Ban Bill.
Are the psychiatrists in Niger state on strike ?
chai dis one off me grin
Re: Anti-Amotekun Protest Rocks Lagos by atonement12: 8:48pm On Mar 12, 2020
SCORPION1902:
Iniehe se ibeghe min ye amotekun.

Amotekun abeghe idiotic yolobas
Dunce!
Re: Anti-Amotekun Protest Rocks Lagos by atonement12: 8:49pm On Mar 12, 2020
SCORPION1902:
Iniehe se ibeghe min ye amotekun.

Amotekun abeghe idiotic yolobas
Non-entity!
Re: Anti-Amotekun Protest Rocks Lagos by Nobody: 8:50pm On Mar 12, 2020
Binidefender:

Go and and make research,, bini is the first owners of lagos ,
Im not against amotekun sir

Bini people didn't own lagos, they conquer lagos. And Yoruba people have recovered back their land.
Re: Anti-Amotekun Protest Rocks Lagos by Clemsilver45: 8:51pm On Mar 12, 2020
NaijaMutant:

You should be ashamed of yourself

Miyetti Allah gave your brothers money to betray his people undecided

History on the repeat

Abiola story again cry
of course it can happen. Even Judas betrayed Jesus Christ.. So calm down and call a spade a spade
Re: Anti-Amotekun Protest Rocks Lagos by kayusely70(m): 8:52pm On Mar 12, 2020
Sponsored protests
Re: Anti-Amotekun Protest Rocks Lagos by Nobody: 8:52pm On Mar 12, 2020
Powersurge:

I am trying to fathom why any son of Karo o jire will ever protest against Àmòtékùn.

They are criminals and Omo ale.
Re: Anti-Amotekun Protest Rocks Lagos by delpee(f): 9:00pm On Mar 12, 2020
Ile ti o toro, omo ale ibe ni o tii dagba!

Those who are against it should have presented their position during the hearing at the LSHA. They would have given due consideration to their objections.

Only criminals ( Yoruba or not) need worry about the existence of Amotekun. There must be an end to endless criminal activities of different hues in the land. Whichever security system the people put their trust in should be acceptable to us.

Re: Anti-Amotekun Protest Rocks Lagos by fjjc(m): 9:05pm On Mar 12, 2020
Bialegend:
Yoruba muslims ehh!! These people will never want anything good for the whole yoruba populace. See how they are organizing a protest against the interest of the whole yorubas. Tufiakwa!!
You are not guided.
Re: Anti-Amotekun Protest Rocks Lagos by Habeyy(m): 9:06pm On Mar 12, 2020
Set awon "ELERIBUUU" jobless youth
Re: Anti-Amotekun Protest Rocks Lagos by Boyooosa(m): 9:06pm On Mar 12, 2020
castiello:
Let me educate you Incase not to make this stupid comment next time

LAGOS MY STATE.
WHO OWNS LAGOS? HISTORY 101:POINT OF INFORMATION

"By 1872 Lagos was a cosmopolitan trading center with a population of over 60,000 people. Colonial Lagos developed into a busy, cosmopolitan port, with an architecture that blended Victorian and Brazilian styles.The Brazilian element was imparted by skilled builders and masons who had returned from Brazil The black elite was composed of English-speaking "Saros" from Sierra Leone and other emancipated slaves who had been repatriated from Brazil and Cuba.
By 1872 the population of the colony was over 60,000, of whom less than 100 were of European origin.

In 1876 imports were valued at £476,813 and exports at £619,260. Telephone links with Britain were established by 1886, and electric street lighting in 1898.
In August 1896, Charles Joseph George and G.W. Neville,both merchants and both unofficial members of the Legislative Council, presented a petition urging construction of the railway terminus on Lagos Island rather than at Ido, and also asking for the railway to be extended to Abeokuta. Lagos history is rich in Yoruba tradition,trade and commerce, infrastructural development and cosmopolitanism." -EXTRACTED

With the little facts above, I would like to educate some illiterates making stupid assumption from blind sentiments that they developed Lagos.

Lagosians had telephone presence in 1886, Itu and Calabar got connected to Telephone in 1923, while between 1946 and 1952, a three-channel line carrier system was commissioned between Lagos and Ibadan and was later extended to Osogbo, Kaduna, Kano, Benin, and Enugu.

Communication technology is a major signifier of civilizations and if Lagosians were already making telephone calls more than 70 years before Igbo citizens, where then did you get the warped idea that you came to develop Lagos?

By 1856 Cable and Wireless Company of the UK had commissioned a submarine cable link between Lagos and London and in 1851 a post office was established in Lagos; all these before the emergence of Nigeria as an amalgamated country. If I may ask again, where did the stupid idea that Igbo developed Lagos come from? Or that Lagos was developed with Nigeria's money when Lagos was not even part of Nigeria until 1914.

I always feel embarrassed anytime I read and hear even so-called educated people from the East making these stupid assertions.

The first Yoruba lawyer Christopher Alexander Sapara Williams was called to the English Bar in 1879 whilst the first Igbo lawyer, Sir Louis Mbanefo, was called to the English bar in 1937.

Again the first Yoruba medical practitioner, Dr. Nathaniel King, graduated in 1875 from the University of Edinburgh whilst the first Igbo medical practitioner, Dr. Akannu Ibiam, graduated from another Scottish University in 1935. Again I ask, where did the ignorant hypothesis of the backward Yoruba race who needed development by the superior Igbo race come from?

For the sake of our generation and posterity, we need to teach factual history and not just cook up some cock and bull ego-centric concoctions as facts. The attitude of recycling long tales steeped in empty arrogance should be discarded before you miseducate your kids with fictions.

Awolowo will continue to be the Yoruba hero not because of blind followership but because he gave his people the system of free education, free healthcare and he introduced Television to the Yoruba; making Yorubaland the first region to have a TV station in Africa, all done with revenues from Cocoa. It is crass ignorance and naked buffonery to claim Lagos was built with Nigeria's money. In addition, where did the foolish idea that the Igbo brought civilization to Lagos and Yoruba-land come from?

The aim of this post is not to deride any tribe but to correct the dangerous misinformation trending among some Igbo youths and common in their narratives that Lagos is a no-man's land and that their fathers built and developed Lagos.

Ancestors of Igbo people came to Yoruba-land like all other settlers and we appreciate their contributions. But the stupid claim that Igbo built and developed Lagos is a gross display of stupidity because Lagos was already developed before Igbo ancestors came here from their villages and towns.

The first storey building in Nigeria was built in Marina, Badagry in 1845, long before some of hinterland people gave up the idea of conical mud houses with thatched roofs which some boastfully called 'ancient mansions.' How can you now claim your grand-sires developed Lagos? Please if you are one of those spreading the fiction, I expect you to desist from self-delusion and collective amnesia forthwith.

The first Igbo alphabet-character set and Igbo primer (Isoama-Ibo) was published by Bishop Samuel Ajayi Crowther (a Yoruba man from Osogun) in 1857. How can you now claim superiority over the Yoruba race and even carelessly affirm that your forebears should be thanked for bringing enlightenment to Yoruba Land?

While I do not see all these achievements as a sign of Yoruba superiority over the Igbo or any other tribe, for I do not believe in racial superiority; I will not also tolerate any attempt by bigots who stoke ethnic hatred through incitement and arrogant claims of superiority over others.

Itesiwaju Eko!
���

In addition to this, yorubas's high level of tolerance and understanding has prevented major case of clashes or wars, hence, hygenic peace was held.
Not until recent past, that imminent disasters were envisaged through the approaching emmergence of insurgency; terrorism, millitancy and rebel.
The need for the foresighted race to provision against such, causing undue disaster. And we have set the pace again for the self acclaimed developer...they should sink that.

Re: Anti-Amotekun Protest Rocks Lagos by EdiskyHarry: 9:07pm On Mar 12, 2020
Leave these northerners, they know what they are doing, they are now using the Yoruba Muslims as an agent of destruction in Nigeria.
Re: Anti-Amotekun Protest Rocks Lagos by fx45(m): 9:09pm On Mar 12, 2020
FrLukas:
Locking the stable door after the horses have all bolted.

Criminals will always fear their shadows.

We know a sponsored protest when we see one.

The voice of Jacob and the hands of Esau.

Miyetti Allah, we see your hand o.

Clap for yourself.
Miyetti Allah using Yorubas against Yoruba interests in Yorubaland Nothing wey Sanusi no go see for Ganduje hand.

Yoruba ronu ooo!!!

Re: Anti-Amotekun Protest Rocks Lagos by Asianjollof007: 9:09pm On Mar 12, 2020
Who are those protesting? They need to check if they are mentally and spiritually healthy.

Re: Anti-Amotekun Protest Rocks Lagos by middlebelter(m): 9:10pm On Mar 12, 2020
Watch out for the next episode. The original Yorubas will respond to this. Beside, we know Agege has been invaded by the Huasa-Fulani and the people whose names were mentioned are just using a proxy names. No true born Yorubas will protest against Amotekun. Only a bastard Yoruba will join such group.

Again watch out. Lagos State House of of Assembly, Sanwo Olu and Tinubu we are watching. You are free to betray your people.

Re: Anti-Amotekun Protest Rocks Lagos by Nobody: 9:13pm On Mar 12, 2020
NaijaMutant:

You should be ashamed of yourself

Miyetti Allah gave your brothers money to betray his people undecided

History on the repeat

Abiola story again cry

Mo ro wipe on sinwin.

I'm quite certain you weren't even conceived during the period of MKO Abiola.

You have access to cheap phone and borrowed/free data from MTN and you're good to go, spewing rubbish because opinion is cheap.

Ori e gbale.

E-diot says I'm ashamed that my people are human and have flaws.

Pele o, you that you are from a race of angels.

I guess it is aliens manufacturing and selling babies, hard drugs, fake drugs and substandard products in your region abi?

Afofun.

Your region is so much of a paradise y'all decided to abandon it.

Abeg get lost.
Re: Anti-Amotekun Protest Rocks Lagos by atonement12: 9:14pm On Mar 12, 2020
Omoapena:
All i know is amotekun will go rogue later in the future, corruption will soon consume it and things will start to go haywire.

Look in the case of OPC back then, tbey claimed to have the security of people at heart but what turns of them later?, they were the ones robbing, raping and killing innocent people, they even go as far as roping people who get stranded at night.

They are just coming back with a new code name (Amotekun.)

Government can't tame those people once they have been given power cuz they will have both charms and the weapons then.

Government should have a rethink ooo

The same government that has guaranteed your security and those of your family members in your towns and villages! Hypocrite

Re: Anti-Amotekun Protest Rocks Lagos by Nobody: 9:26pm On Mar 12, 2020
Contract Protestor Spotted - Joshua Oloketuyi. Just make sure they pay you wella.

The takeoff point of the protest, Agege, is understandable.
Re: Anti-Amotekun Protest Rocks Lagos by kunleham(m): 9:27pm On Mar 12, 2020
Binidefender:
Amotekun should be practiced only in yoruba states and villages
Lagos is not really a yoruba state,
We the binis are the first and original owners of lagos as documented
That's why you're in control of Lagos on the social media. Just be contended with that.

Re: Anti-Amotekun Protest Rocks Lagos by zoedew: 9:28pm On Mar 12, 2020
Misguided elements. Who does not know that The Nigeria Police as presently constituted is incapable of carrying out its role and therefore in need of assistance from outfits such as Amotekun.
Re: Anti-Amotekun Protest Rocks Lagos by Ritchiee: 9:29pm On Mar 12, 2020
9jaDoomCountry:

Now let me educate you a little. Forget about that name Joshua, some converts prefer to retain their former names.

I want you after reading this to make a research. Tariq Aziz sounds much of Muslim name right? But you will be shocked now to find out that he was a staunch Christian. A Catholic. He was second in command to Iraqi Saddam Hussein.

I decided to use him because it's a name you can easily find in Google not to mention many I am living with in same neighborhood.

That guy Joshua is not a Christian period.

Have you ever heard a Muslim in Yorubaland bearing Joshua before?

You must be from the other side and very ignorant or being plain naughty.

No Yoruba person is losing sleep because of those Abokis protesting. Amotekun lives and it is going to be the best security outfit in the world.Only criminals shiver at the thought of Amotekun.I hope you are not one.Amotekun lives positively.
Re: Anti-Amotekun Protest Rocks Lagos by Mraphel: 9:31pm On Mar 12, 2020
Binidefender:
Who are d Original owners of Bini kingdom? Who banished Ogiso out of Benin until this day? YORUBA.
Re: Anti-Amotekun Protest Rocks Lagos by opeyemix: 9:33pm On Mar 12, 2020
ZombiePUNISHER:

It's mayetti Allah at work.
They use Yoruba Muslims to distablise the south west

Olutokoye Joshua, does that sound like a Muslim name to you? Meanwhile the head of amotekun is a Muslim so what nonsense are you saying about Yoruba Muslims being against the initiative?

Better go back to the full article and read well
Re: Anti-Amotekun Protest Rocks Lagos by Nwaonyishi69: 9:35pm On Mar 12, 2020
May be they will prefer MC Oluomo led agbero security, bankrolled by tiefnubu.

Re: Anti-Amotekun Protest Rocks Lagos by Ritchiee: 9:35pm On Mar 12, 2020
mamaafrik:
They have paid op too to spread lies,only a paid Bastard Yoruba man or woman will do so.
Wey your pictorial evidence or video.
Sons of perdition

Nothing like that happened in Agege.
Re: Anti-Amotekun Protest Rocks Lagos by Longman180(m): 9:38pm On Mar 12, 2020
Binidefender:

Re: Anti-Amotekun Protest Rocks Lagos by Bluntemperor: 9:39pm On Mar 12, 2020
TallPck1:
Damn niggar. Lol

Why would any Yoruba kick against Amotekun? This must be a sponsor protest. Enemies of the land I suppose.

OP, you get problem abi?
which one be' Yoruba in all walks of life'.Lying by Bloggers !
Who are they?.If you are an investigative journalist,cant you ask them questions?..where are their pictures?
The Yorubas have spoken once and for all.
we have even discovered that whereas,lions and other animals don't want to go into the sea,Amotekun is a ground master-oko awon oni!!.
Re: Anti-Amotekun Protest Rocks Lagos by Nobody: 9:42pm On Mar 12, 2020
Ritchiee:

Have you ever heard a Muslim in Yorubaland bearing Joshua before?

You must be from the other side and very ignorant or being plain naughty.

No Yoruba person is losing sleep because of those Abokis protesting. Amotekun lives and it is going to be the best security outfit in the world.Only criminals shiver at the thought of Amotekun.I hope you are not one.Amotekun lives positively.

Being stupid is appalling. You deviated from the issue and started oozing out meaningless stuff. Nothing concerns me with amotekun.

One agbero is telling us because there's Joshua in the group it's not Muslim sponsored. I pointed out to him a Muslim name who was a devout Christian. Maybe you didn't even read and jumped into conclusion.

I can mention a Christian name who is a Muslim too.
Re: Anti-Amotekun Protest Rocks Lagos by Thomist(m): 9:42pm On Mar 12, 2020
Who really did this to Nigeria?
people trying to save u from Fulani that has been killing and raping ur grandmother and Young children... but all u want to so is to collect 15k each and foolishly come for a senseless protest..
The worst problem we have in Nigeria is the insensitivity of the ordinary citizens.

Yoruba leaders pls shine ur eyes and never give up..

...Someone should tell the loud mouth Umahi and his fellow Cowards that Igbo Youth are watching them closely... they know what we can do if the take the law into our hands. OPERATION OGBUNIGWE must come!!
Re: Anti-Amotekun Protest Rocks Lagos by Charly68: 9:46pm On Mar 12, 2020
Let them go to Lagoon if they care ,Amotekun has come to stay
Re: Anti-Amotekun Protest Rocks Lagos by Nobody: 9:47pm On Mar 12, 2020
Massive protests indeed not even a picture to back up the claim,
Re: Anti-Amotekun Protest Rocks Lagos by lukaino(m): 9:47pm On Mar 12, 2020
Where does the king of Bourdillon and his followers stand on this Amotekun matter?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Ibrahim Babangida Tells Buhari To Step Down In 2019 For Digital Leadership / Buhari Will Die If He Visits Ogoniland - Niger Delta Avengers / The Moment Ihedioha Sent Police To Raid Okorocha Daughter's Shop, Blasted (pics)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60