Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,554 members, 7,816,344 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:52 AM

Recovering A Deceased Bank Account. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Recovering A Deceased Bank Account. (979 Views)

DSS Launches Manhunt For Sunday Igboho After Recovering Arms From Him / Current Wife Of Dapo Williams Chases The 1st Son Of The Deceased During burial. / Bala Mohammed Attends Crowded Juma'at Setrvice After Recovering From Coronavirus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Recovering A Deceased Bank Account. by Dariyan(m): 6:26pm On Mar 12, 2020
Good day Nairalanders.
My dad, a pensioner passed away one year ago precisely in January 2019. Since then we could not have access his account because as at the time he died, his bank atm expired. We went to the bank to make enquiries and they told us to bring Administration form.
Pls how can I go about this court administration stuff? Will I be able to access all the funds in my late dad's account after all the court process?
Thanks for your time.
Re: Recovering A Deceased Bank Account. by Rhymestar1(m): 6:32pm On Mar 12, 2020
NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY (NOUN) UPDATES
*WE ARE NOUN HUB*

Did you know that we can handle all of these for you, while you’re at home.
�����
*Admission Processing*
*Admission Guidance*
*Form purchase* (for freshers)
*Form filling* (for freshers)
*Course registrations* (new and returning students)
*Portal activation*
*Remita generation*
*Examinations registrations* new and returning students
*Portal management* all students
*Tma Submission* 30/30 Guaranteed
*Examinations Past Question*
*Course Materials* soft and hard copies

*Join The Noun Hub Family Today* And Be Happy Forever ��
You don’t have to waste all that money,time and energy coming to school all the time. Work with us today first class is certain
Check us out on Instagram *@nounhub*
Or contact One of our Admin
*Rhyme Star* via call/text/whatsapp text *07052725428*

*NOUN HUB* first class or nothing

one of its kind ✅ � ⭐️ �
Re: Recovering A Deceased Bank Account. by 4Kemzy(m): 7:25pm On Mar 12, 2020
It's simple, just go to your state judiciary hqtrs (probate office) with the death certificate obtainable from the hospital or National Population Commission office, go with your sibling and or the next of kin to the deceased. Do the fillings there, it usually takes sometimes to get it.

1 Like

Re: Recovering A Deceased Bank Account. by yesloaded: 8:08pm On Mar 12, 2020
Dariyan:
Good day Nairalanders.
My dad, a pensioner passed away one year ago precisely in January 2019. Since then we could not have access his account because as at the time he died, his bank atm expired. We went to the bank to make enquiries and they told us to bring Administration form.
Pls how can I go about this court administration stuff? Will I be able to access all the funds in my late dad's account after all the court process?
Thanks for your time.
Go to high Court in your state, ask for procedure to get letter of administration, it will cost you some money but it worth. You need your dad's death certificate anyway

1 Like

Re: Recovering A Deceased Bank Account. by Dariyan(m): 8:23pm On Mar 12, 2020
yesloaded:

Go to high Court in your state, ask for procedure to get letter of administration, it will cost you some money but it worth. You need your dad's death certificate anyway
I have his death certificate.
Re: Recovering A Deceased Bank Account. by Dariyan(m): 8:24pm On Mar 12, 2020
4Kemzy:
It's simple, just go to your state judiciary hqtrs (probate office) with the death certificate obtainable from the hospital or National Population Commission office, go with your sibling and or the next of kin to the deceased. Do the fillings there, it usually takes sometimes to get it.
How much do you think it will cost for the process?
Re: Recovering A Deceased Bank Account. by yesloaded: 8:27pm On Mar 12, 2020
Dariyan:
I have his death certificate.
Good

Go to high court

These pension admistrator especially PTAD do demand for LOA from federal high court of your state. Also, ensure you ask your dad's bank to do statement of account from the year you dad retired till the point you submitted letter of admistrator to have access to his account

Good luck

1 Like

Re: Recovering A Deceased Bank Account. by yesloaded: 8:29pm On Mar 12, 2020
Dariyan:
How much do you think it will cost for the process?
12,500 but budget 20k to cover miscellaneous
Re: Recovering A Deceased Bank Account. by Dariyan(m): 8:33pm On Mar 12, 2020
yesloaded:

Good

Go to high court

These pension admistrator especially PTAD do demand for LOA from federal high court of your state. Also, ensure you ask your dad's bank to do statement of account from the year you dad retired till the point you submitted letter of admistrator to have access to his account

Good luck
Thanks alot.
Re: Recovering A Deceased Bank Account. by Dariyan(m): 8:38pm On Mar 12, 2020
yesloaded:
12,500 but budget 20k to cover miscellaneous
Thanks, I appreciate.
Re: Recovering A Deceased Bank Account. by ollysaks: 9:41pm On Mar 12, 2020
Not a straight forward process. It takes months to get the letter of administration.

Go to the high court, the probate section. With the death certificate and apply to get a bank certificate. Usually a day process, if you are serious.

Take it to the bank, where he has an account, to other places he might have funds e.g shares or estates.

When completed, go back to the court and submit it

You will also need 2 sureties and to pay some fees

After assessment and approval. It will go for publication. Like one month.

Then after the LOA usually 3mths at the least

Get going now.
The earlier, the better.
So sorry for your loss.

2 Likes

Re: Recovering A Deceased Bank Account. by Dariyan(m): 7:19pm On Mar 14, 2020
ollysaks:
Not a straight forward process. It takes months to get the letter of administration.

Go to the high court, the probate section. With the death certificate and apply to get a bank certificate. Usually a day process, if you are serious.

Take it to the bank, where he has an account, to other places he might have funds e.g shares or estates.

When completed, go back to the court and submit it

You will also need 2 sureties and to pay some fees

After assessment and approval. It will go for publication. Like one month.

Then after the LOA usually 3mths at the least

Get going now.
The earlier, the better.
So sorry for your loss.

Thank you sir, I appreciate.
One more thing sir, some people say I might not be entitled to all the funds in my late dad's pension account, that the bank will refund part of the money to the govt. How true is that? My dad was a state pensioner who died in January 2019 and his pension alert has been coming in every month to this day.
Re: Recovering A Deceased Bank Account. by GamalNasser: 7:31pm On Mar 14, 2020
So you want to spend the money in the account?
Re: Recovering A Deceased Bank Account. by thundafire: 8:40pm On Mar 14, 2020
GamalNasser:
not everything u will talk
Re: Recovering A Deceased Bank Account. by Dariyan(m): 9:12pm On Mar 14, 2020
GamalNasser:
I'm the next of kin. I just want to know if the bank will allow me have access to all the funds in my late dad's pension account.
Re: Recovering A Deceased Bank Account. by GamalNasser: 9:45pm On Mar 14, 2020
Dariyan:
I'm the next of kin. I just want to know if the bank will allow me have access to all the funds in my late dad's pension account.

Once you are next of kin and do all the necessary paperwork work they will give u access to the account in 21 days max
Re: Recovering A Deceased Bank Account. by yarimo(m): 12:44am On Mar 15, 2020
GamalNasser:
but he said he wants to buy brain for you with the money .
Re: Recovering A Deceased Bank Account. by GamalNasser: 1:01am On Mar 15, 2020
yarimo:
but he said he wants to buy brain for you with the money .
Yarimo the supporter of failure Buhari

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING: Governor Obaseki Tests Negative To Coronavirus / Mamman Daura: How Abba Kyari Almost Became Obasanjo’s VP In 1999 / The Ipob "Sacrificed 4" :: Investigations And Report

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.