Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,466 members, 7,816,090 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:09 AM

2020 NBA CONFERENCE: A SYSTEMIC EXCLUSION OF NEW WIGS - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 2020 NBA CONFERENCE: A SYSTEMIC EXCLUSION OF NEW WIGS (144 Views)

WEIFORUM CONFERENCE: A Program That Will Serve As A Global Business Arena. / Weiforum & Conference: "A Program With The Potency To Promote Business Globally / Nigeria Property Expo And National Real Estate Conference: A Program Of Priority (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

2020 NBA CONFERENCE: A SYSTEMIC EXCLUSION OF NEW WIGS by OpatolaEsq: 1:00am On Mar 13, 2020
2020 NBA CONFERENCE: A SYSTEMIC EXCLUSION OF NEW WIGS.

Opatola Victor Esq.

Recently, the National Executive Committee (NEC) of the Nigerian Bar Association (NBA) has approved Port Harcourt, River State as the venue for the 2020 NBA Annual General Conference (NBA-AGC).

The body also proposed the conference fee for participants ranging from their Year of call.

My attention is particularly drawn to the proposed amount to be paid by new wigs. Young wigs are to pay 20 thousand Naira (N20,000)as early birds, Forty-Five thousand Naira as regular (N45,000) and 90 thousand Naira (N90,000) as late registration.

For the bourgeoisie or lucky few in this harsh economy, these amount is nothing. After all, what is 20 thousand Naira for early bird, 45 Thousand Naira for regular and 90 thousand Naira for late registration.

But for the majority new wigs who wears the shoes and knows were it pinches reality will quickly dawn on us that this is a brazen systemic seclusion from the NBA and the NBA conference.

There is a old cliche that if you are not at the table dining, then you are on the menu.

Of a profession that offers young wigs peanuts and servile positions, you will quickly understand that the conference amount is a clear message that the NBA is for all Lawyers, but not truly and really for all Lawyers.

If you still believe that the amount for participation fee is paltry; quickly calculate transportation to and fro the venue and don't forget to add the amount of feeding and accommodation for the whole period of the conference. Maybe, perhaps you will understand the position of the new wig that cries of systemic seclusion.

When I saw the amount as stipulated by the NEC, I told myself " so much for inclusion".

Come to find, In this conference, the representation of the new wigs will be paltry,, unless the NBA National Executive Committee review downward the conference registration amount for New wig.

I call upon the NBA National Executive Committee to reduce the said amount, for the sake of inclusion of the new wig. Many new wig do not even believe in the NBA to begin with.

For the sake of image redemption of the NBA, we urge that amount be reduced for the new wigs.

Maybe, at least, for the fact that this year's conference will historically be the 60th AGC; the amount for new wigs should be reviewed downward.

Any trade or profession that does not strongly put into consideration the well being of its young members has embark on a summary retrogressive journey.

Opatola Victor Esq. is an Abuja based Legal Practitioner.
Adeopatola@gmail.com
07069687425[b][/b]

(1) (Reply)

Kebbi: No Plot To Harm Buhari, Says Aide / President Buhari, You Better Start Singing Or… / Coronavirus: MFM Suspends Services Until Further Notice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.