Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,303 members, 7,836,315 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:37 AM

FG To Lease Unoccupied Private Houses Nationwide - Fashola - Properties (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / FG To Lease Unoccupied Private Houses Nationwide - Fashola (33822 Views)

Officials Worry About Unoccupied Houses In Abuja / Fashola Tells Landlords To Collect Rents In Arrears / Fashola Inspects Houses Constructed Under The National Housing Programme In Uyo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG To Lease Unoccupied Private Houses Nationwide - Fashola by Nobody: 9:01pm On Mar 13, 2020
In order words, young people are partnering with Fashola to locate those beautiful houses they couldn't afford for them to finally occupy them by their own initiative.
What will be the position of the owners of those houses?
Re: FG To Lease Unoccupied Private Houses Nationwide - Fashola by abdulwastecx(m): 9:31pm On Mar 13, 2020
gratiaeo:
Unproductive government how many property have they build and completed

I worked in the real estate sector and I will tell you that stolen money is used to build all those unoccupied houses. Taking them back into the market will do the economy and society a whole lot of good.

It is not the responsibility of government to build, It is their responsibility to make policies to control, attract and protects the interest of Nigerians to own and rent properties. Such responsibility already carried out by the ministry.
Re: FG To Lease Unoccupied Private Houses Nationwide - Fashola by abdulwastecx(m): 9:34pm On Mar 13, 2020
Matrimonous:
In order words, young people are partnering with Fashola to locate those beautiful houses they couldn't afford for them to finally occupy them by their own initiative.
What will be the position of the owners of those houses?

Why will the owner build a house that is out of the range of market forces in the first place?

All over the world, houses are built not to tide down money but to be used for economic purpose. It is only because the investment in real estate mostly come from money laundry. People who tied down stolen or ill-gotten money.
Re: FG To Lease Unoccupied Private Houses Nationwide - Fashola by abdulwastecx(m): 9:40pm On Mar 13, 2020
Litmus:

Thank you. I’m also sensing a growing clamour from the poor, which articulates far too closely to envy, which was not a common Nigeria trait, since Nigerians largely admired hard work and admired high achievers. Sadly this envy is growing, probably fuelled by politicians same way they fuelled tribalism for political gains. For the struggling man, few ways are more seductive than the ability to blame alternatives than self for once deficiencies. However, a warning: exploiting class differences as a means of gaining or holding on to power is more incendiary than tribalism.

It is not due to envy but the need to get the country working.

Nigeria can't afford to have unoccupied homes in a country with 17m building shortages per annum. We can't afford to have the working-class people priced out of home built with stolen state fun that is unoccupied.

Most of these homes were built-in high-density area, areas planned for the working classes people. The only reasons why these buildings were not occupied in the first place is because they were built with questionable money and as such their usage doesn't follow the natural economic bases of demand and supply.

2 Likes

Re: FG To Lease Unoccupied Private Houses Nationwide - Fashola by Legendguru: 9:50pm On Mar 13, 2020
How
Re: FG To Lease Unoccupied Private Houses Nationwide - Fashola by Nobody: 9:10am On Mar 14, 2020
abdulwastecx:

Why will the owner build a house that is out of the range of market forces in the first place?

All over the world, houses are built not to tide down money but to be used for economic purpose. It is only because the investment in real estate mostly come from money laundry. People who tied down stolen or ill-gotten money.
They have angencies whose business it is to deal with financial crimes. Government has no right to take people's properties. If I tie down my money in properties rather than leaving it in the Banks it's my business. Money na my own.
Re: FG To Lease Unoccupied Private Houses Nationwide - Fashola by bskyb(m): 10:39am On Mar 14, 2020
Hhansome:
Because ya papa build them for them. Who's is FG? The one who cannot save lives and properties of its citizens? Funny Nigeria.

I don't think you read through the article oo.
Re: FG To Lease Unoccupied Private Houses Nationwide - Fashola by Electroweb(m): 11:24am On Mar 14, 2020
The Tenancy law in Lagos as the name implies favors the tenants as against the Landlords. Therefore Landlords who seek redress in court dont always come out smiling even if they eventually eject the tenants because they would have lost some money. Make the law equitable and see the housing deficit reduce.
Re: FG To Lease Unoccupied Private Houses Nationwide - Fashola by Ishitinyourlife: 12:32pm On Mar 16, 2020
ishitinyourmouf:
as i dey write yu here , na straight from psychiatric ward i dey write you. u will die a peasant
Like your father and his father died abi,that's tough
Re: FG To Lease Unoccupied Private Houses Nationwide - Fashola by Nobody: 8:56am On Mar 17, 2020
Is FG proposing to buy the empty houses from the owners? Or do they plan to lease them, or is the plan to seize the house without compensation.
Non of this is clear.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Azuri Peninsula In Eko Atlantic At The Verge Of Completion!!! / We Buy Scrap Inverter Deep Cycle Batteries Etc @ Reasonable Prices / What Types Of Slab Is These? To The Civil Engineers And Builders In The Forum.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.