Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,733 members, 7,809,811 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:21 PM

Cost Of Living In Australia: 5 Things You Must Know As An International Student - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Cost Of Living In Australia: 5 Things You Must Know As An International Student (43879 Views)

Cost Of Living In Germany For Nigerians:5 Things To Know As A Student In Germany / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cost Of Living In Australia: 5 Things You Must Know As An International Student by Bonavenfrast(m): 8:22am On Mar 18, 2020
perforetti:

Nice write up. A few things are wrong. I’ll mention a few I noticed.
1 - you can drive in all parts of Australia with a valid Nigerian driver’s licence as a student. If you become a permanent resident, you need to convert your licence to Australian drivers licence after 3 months. I live in Sydney and I know people on student visa still driving with Nigerian drivers licence for over 5years now.
2- there are heaps of masters degree programmes you can do with just 5k AUD and not from 20k AUD as you have stated. There are lots of cheap schools which offer those courses here.
3- as a student, undergrad or masters, as long as you are an international full time student the 40 hours per fortnight or 20 hours work per week is applicable to all students. On holidays or when school is not in session you can work unlimited hours though.
Feel free to request for more information.
Nice write up again.
can you help me cheap school that offer masters
Re: Cost Of Living In Australia: 5 Things You Must Know As An International Student by chimere23(m): 11:49am On Mar 19, 2020
I think the above fees are a bit more for public universities. Please kindly check the proposed university website for more accurate fee-related information.
Davidflight:

https://travelwahala.com/cost-of-living-in-australia-5-things-you-must-know-as-an-international-student-from-nigeria/

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Living In Australia: 5 Things You Must Know As An International Student by Nonny100: 9:18pm On Mar 30, 2020
Can I get an Australian student Visa without English language test? I already have an offer of admission but haven't accepted it yet because it states that I have to fulfill the English language test. I had 52 and 51 when I wrote the PTE last month and this month too. I don't know what to do as I am confused.
Re: Cost Of Living In Australia: 5 Things You Must Know As An International Student by OlowuJohn: 10:56pm On Mar 31, 2020
[quote author=perforetti post=87451739]
1 - you can drive in all parts of Australia with a valid Nigerian driver’s licence as a student. If you become a permanent resident, you need to convert your licence to Australian drivers licence after 3 months. I live in Sydney and I know people on student visa still driving with Nigerian drivers licence for over 5years now.
2- there are heaps of masters degree programmes you can do with just 5k AUD and not from 20k AUD as you have stated. There are lots of cheap schools which offer those courses here. (
3- as a student, undergrad or masters, as long as you are an international full time student the 40 hours per fortnight or 20 hours work per week is applicable to all students. On holidays or when school is not in session you can work unlimited hours though.
Nice write up again.[Perforetti can i get your email ID
]
Re: Cost Of Living In Australia: 5 Things You Must Know As An International Student by modaink333: 10:21pm On May 13, 2020
Bro we need Austria own o
Re: Cost Of Living In Australia: 5 Things You Must Know As An International Student by kaymart: 7:07pm On Jun 04, 2020
perforetti:

2- there are heaps of masters degree programmes you can do with just 5k AUD and not from 20k AUD as you have stated. There are lots of cheap schools which offer those courses here.
Nice write up again.
Pls, what masters programme can one do with 5k AUD.
I think I may still be able to raise that.
Pls, oblige me.
thanks as I await ur reply.
BTW, let me state it here that I'm a Health professional. A pharmacist to be precise.
Re: Cost Of Living In Australia: 5 Things You Must Know As An International Student by tundeblack: 8:58pm On Jun 04, 2020
Pls provide an email or number to reach u
Re: Cost Of Living In Australia: 5 Things You Must Know As An International Student by nicerichard05: 5:24am On Jul 14, 2020
Good morning fellow NL,

I have a qstn to ask, maybe this isnt the right trend buh I feel somebody would be able to assist me here.

I am Interested in travelling to Australia via student route. I have all the required document as requested by the agent buh were I am having challenges is that the agent said I do not require a bank statement like a proof of funds, whether personal or sponsorship, his reason is because I graduated with a 2.1.

I am kinda scared cos I have really not seen a situation were proof of funds isnt a requirement for student visa app and also I do not want him to get a fake bank statement for me cos I knw d implication of dng so.

Pls somebody should confirm if it's TRUE that I do not require a bank statement.

Thanks
Re: Cost Of Living In Australia: 5 Things You Must Know As An International Student by BlackSan: 11:40am On Jul 28, 2021
Jeromejnr:
Lik someone said above. In few months time this write up will be obsolete.

And today is 28 of July, 2021
There has been great change o ye patriotic Nigerian.

Where should I start from?? ... Hmm should I start with the constant depreciation of naira? Or the insecurity in the country? Or the constant rise in the price of commodities?

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Living In Australia: 5 Things You Must Know As An International Student by mollyfq: 5:57pm On Jan 22, 2022
I've always been interested in living somewhere abroad, and a warm country and Australia are great for that. I've been to this country before, and it was one of the best trips of my life. It's beautiful and unusual, but also very simple. Australia has a high standard of living and low crime, which is especially attractive to me. I watched a channel about Live In Australia and learned more about life in Australia from there. Australians are very hospitable and kind people. There is no problem with communication at all because English is spoken there. You can just walk up to anyone and ask for directions, they will definitely explain and even help.
Re: Cost Of Living In Australia: 5 Things You Must Know As An International Student by Froshloaded: 8:43pm On Jan 25, 2022
cRobo:
I ran from there because of the cold

I won't say a word

What part of australia?
Re: Cost Of Living In Australia: 5 Things You Must Know As An International Student by Smartb0y: 11:28pm On Aug 04, 2022
uzoma213:
till 1 dollar sells for 900 naira before you go know. Stay put brother, there is still plenty hope for Nigeria.
lol, we're almost there grin.
Nice premonition wink

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Living In Australia: 5 Things You Must Know As An International Student by ebereruhina: 3:59pm On Jan 10, 2023
Hello,

Can anyone help with explaining the easiest way to pay school fees from Nigeria? Anticipating your response. Thanks!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Survivor Of Dana Plane Crash!!! / Live: My Tour Around North East Nigeria / 10 Countries You've Been Mispronouncing Your Entire Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.