Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,166 members, 7,821,953 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:40 PM

Funny Names In Ilorin - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Funny Names In Ilorin (411 Views)

Classmates Beats Boy To Death For Writing Their Names In The Noise Makers List / Suspects Arrested With Human Skulls In Ilorin, Kwara Confess (Photos) / Schoolgirl Flogged In Ilorin, Leg Infected Over School Fees. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Funny Names In Ilorin by highbee02: 8:52am On Mar 13, 2020
Some names are very funny here in
Ilorin, u will hear names like Iya Kaduna,
Baba Kano, Iya Jos etc. Take a close
look, they did not record any success
during their stay in those places, they
didn't make any meaningful impact fa,
they returned home empty handed, the
one that's close to me is Baba Eko. Y
carrying a state name on top ya head?
From them u will hear cock and bull
story and they will want u to swallow it
hook, line and sinker e.g. simenti
Dangote ni won fiko biriiji meeriland
( Dangote cement was used for the
construction of Maryland bridge), haba!
Re: Funny Names In Ilorin by Nobody: 8:58am On Mar 13, 2020
grin. grin grin grin grin
I kinda think those names are common in most region in 9ja esp region of people that travels a lot.
I get your point about some of them not making any impact but the names was given as a nickname to them because they stayed at that particular place for long. And its best way to describe them i think...

There is one alhaji from kano that stayed most of his life in PH. Till date the kano people still call him Baba Porta.

Kinda like a nickname to easily describe them.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Corona Virus: Where are the Fulani Herdsmen, Boko Haram Insurgents, and Bandits? / Ebonyi Community Cries Out Over Alleged Gruesome Murder Of 19-year-old Boy / Nigerians Scoop Palm Oil Spilled From A Tanker

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.