Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,304 members, 7,815,551 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:23 PM

Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment - Jobs/Vacancies (209) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment (922872 Views)

Oyo State Tescom 2020 Recruitment Trend / Successful Nigeria Immigration Service Applicants: Share Your Experience / Nigeria Immigration Service Sends Invitations To Successful Applicants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) ... (343) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by oteikwu16(m): 3:14pm On May 29, 2021
Bro, this is Nigeria...if your connect is genuine, you can get this job without attending any screening.

U see this screening that is going on, alot of underground lobbying is going on.

Secondly, application number of unsuccessful candidates who didn't make the list at the first place, can be reassigned to another candidate with the right connect.

I rest my case...

Openpeace:

I'm the one using 1234567 instead the main numbers bro.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by legendEMT(m): 3:27pm On May 29, 2021
Na talk you dey find. Carry your two legs waka if na you, if na your friend true true, beg am if he no hear, leave am.
No come dey act like undercover here.
Openpeace:

Good evening please can you elucidate a bit more.
Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by edesgbenezaka: 3:39pm On May 29, 2021
Confirm

oteikwu16:
Bro, this is Nigeria...if your connect is genuine, you can get this job without attending any screening.

U see this screening that is going on, alot of underground lobbying is going on.

Secondly, application number of unsuccessful candidates who didn't make the list at the first place, can be reassigned to another candidate with the right connect.

Confirm

I rest my case...

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by jeffsticky: 4:11pm On May 29, 2021
Openpeace:
Please everyone good afternoon,

I want to explain something my friend said they're helping him get NIS job even though he didn't apply and no screening just directly to APL and now the person sent him a number as his serial number yesterday as NIS/ASI/1234567 and of which I know most serial numbers looks like NIS/ASI-08/123456

Usually the last codes are 6 numbers but his own now are 7 numbers.

No message to his email no documents ask for,
just his details requested as stated below.

MAME:
D.O.B
LGA
STATE
QUALIFICATION
COURSE OF STUDY

Secondly they've collected 150k pending balance of 350k upon next week when APL will be issued.

But my position is I think the balance should only be paid when the training is confirmed and is there any way to confirm the authenticity of the APL when it has been issued?
Guy Forget about the assigned Application number. if the connection is strong he can still get the job even with the wrong format application number. Remember there are people who are on batch C correctional service list, Most of them don't have Application number but the are warming up to become officers in few weeks.
My advice is don't give up yet because of mere Application number anything is possible

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by Openpeace: 5:20pm On May 29, 2021
jeffsticky:

Guy Forget about the assigned Application number. if the connection is strong he can still get the job even with the wrong format application number. Remember there are people who are on batch C correctional service list, Most of them don't have Application number but the are warming up to become officers in few weeks.
My advice is don't give up yet because of mere Application number anything is possible

Okay thanks let me also join in the process, let it no be had I know.
Just that money is scarce like good govt in 9ja
Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by naijakrook: 5:33pm On May 29, 2021
Openpeace:

Please can you just give an example of the number that was assigned to you please I want to confirm if my friend is being played already as he didn't go to screening but he got a number like this
NIS/ASI/1234567

It's just four digits like 1234 but I think it's the serial number for which one's name falls on their master list. It was written on top of the invitation letter.
I noticed if the number is noted at any stage of the process which they do carefully, one is already victimized.
Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by SuppoOmoo: 5:52pm On May 29, 2021
jeffsticky:

Point of corrections... Batch C have just concluded their Induction Exercise and have been posted to their different Stations. The one you are referring to is another batch and those concerned will be soon be issued thier APLs, hence become part of the Service.

Batch A which I am part of got APLs in September, 2019

Batch B got theirs in September, 2020.

Batch C got theirs in March, 2021. Their own Induction Exercise was brief though, not up to three months. They are already working in their different Stations now.

Another batch is warming up as you just said.

Weather one register or not, if you meet your God-sent, you can have your APL in your right hand. Few of my Coursemates whom we trained together as First Batch Officers confirmed they didn't register at all. Infact, two of them are in their early 40s who were not even expecting the offer at all. But when one connection lead to another, they too came in to chop Federal Government money small at least for less than 20years all thing being equal.

To my guy, Mr 300k for ASC slot. I want to believe it's just a part payment and there is a solid agreement between you both for the balance payment when your deal clicks. No one will give you ASC slot for 300k. In Nigeria of today, for someone to start a career with one star and above, it either you are a high-valued professional (eg Legal,Medical and few others) and your service is desperately required in the department at the time; or God perform His wonders that your name must be on the final list no matter what; or through one big man God use for you; or you buy within the market price range. So my 300k guy, lemme assume you're on YELLOW, and I pray you move to WHITE las las.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by jamoyakz: 6:13pm On May 29, 2021
good

8 Likes

Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by jeffsticky: 6:50pm On May 29, 2021
jamoyakz:
let me also share my own inputs about if someone can get superintendent cadre in immigration or any paramilitary slot with 300k.
my sojourn with hustling paramilitary job started in 2014 when a relative of my mom introduced me to a man whom claimed he worked the board The Civil Defence, Fire, Immigration and Prisons Services Board (CDFIPB) in Abuja and he said I was to buy a slot for civil defence for 300k that I should pay the said amount that week Friday , I had part of the money then I solicited for the rest from my brother who reluctantly gave me the rest money which I took along with my aunty to give the man at the back gate of the old Secretariat which housed the board in Area 1, Abuja. after giving him the said money, I was elated and two weeks later he called that my letter was ready and I needed to pay 50k but if I wanted Abuja I should add 30, 80k in total which I did, after collecting the money he went quite and we didn't hear from him then he called after few months that they have approved my letter and that I should pay 20k for processing since federal civil service commission needed to approve my letter, I didn't want to give in but my mom said I should and she called her relative who linked us up to the man , she ( my aunty) said I should pay. during that period my friend from university was telling me that I should try and hustle American visa since he and some other guys had sure format but I felt no need for it since I will soon get Almighty government job. they all got their American visas and are all citizens now.
fast forward to 2015 / 2016 , the man kept on asking for 10, 5, and even 2k, I didn't want to pay but my mom will say I should till it got to a point I got information that prison and civil defence had done replacement. from the blue my aunty called that the man has changed his lines and he called her to tell her that I should pay 50k., she sent his number which I called him, he was saying I should pay 50k that my letter was with account general office and that I should come to the office and I will see him. lol I told him that I wasn't coming and that I was done but he and anyone who partook in the scam will not end well that was how i wasted 500k and time. since then my so called aunty didn't apologize nor encouraged me that everything will be fine.
things got so difficult for me, I had to go and be working for my friend who had a bet9ja shop who was paying 3k max every week, my brother advised I go for my masters in open university of Nigeria, which I did. then in mid 2016. someone gifted my mom 500k, she in her benevolent as a mother gave me the money then I started getting the trick of bet9ja since I always manned virtual many were careless with some of their wins. the money I got from it I started using it to process my us visa tried thrice in 2017 I was denied. then in 2018 February my parents attended a wedding of a man who retired as a director in CBN then they met my destiny helper ( who was from my village and related to my dad since his mom was my dad's first cousin) this man is known to be helper but my dad wasn't close to him, as faith would have it, he was just appointed as a director general in one of the federal government parastatals by the president, he saw my dad and accused my dad that if it wasn't because of this wedding they would have not seen, my dad told him that he will come and see him lol which he didn't, I was busy preparing to hit the embassy again for the fourth time in June or July but I still applied for prison and road safety.
I went for the interview at the embassy and I was till denied, I asked the visa officer why did she denied she only said I can apply in two months time, I told her with faith that I wasn't applying again. then I went to my sister house in Lagos, called my mom and she was sad, saying my father should have gone to see my destiny helper then I called my father told him that he should go and see the man or I will change it for him lol. he called him and he asked if my dad want to come to his house or office. since his office was close to our house, my dad said office, they both met and he asked my dad where did I apply to my dad to him FRSC and prison. he collected both print out and said he wasn't the one in charge of the exercise but he has spoken to the permanent secretary of interior ministry to give him slot.
fast forward to December 2018, I forced my dad to call him and plead to him anywhere he can help him let he help me, he said I should come to the office, which I did and instructed his SA to give me civil service form to fill and return back. which I did.
my mom was telling me that I should have promised the SA money so that he can be monitoring my case but I made an oath that I will get a job without spending a dime,.
fast forward to August 2019, I was at home not feeling fine and on medication, was about to charge my phone then my destiny helper called and asked whose son I was because my surname is generic and very common, I told him, he asked if I applied for prison and I said yes but I wasn't shortlisted, he said he knew and that I should come to his office tomorrow with my CV and print out, then I had to start looking for my print because I felt the job will not get to me since I wasn't shortlisted for earlier screenings luckily I saw it but the problem was that the referee part of it I had not sign it. me and my mom had to look for two referees that night, one signed and the other said in the morning, we got to his office and he didn't have photocopy of his I'd card, so me and my mom had to use umbrella since the rainfall was much that. we were able to see a photocopy machine, made the photo copy and headed to his office. his SA came and told me that he had initially taking a guy to the board but the guy misbehaved so the secretary of the board as my destine helper to bring a replacement which luck smiled on me, his SA told me that we are going to the board now, my mind was that I will just submit my CV and print out then head back home to continue my malaria medication. that was how I saw myself in the secretary of the board office. to my surprise I saw a guy that we did DPR exams together in 2017 there with his sponsor lobbying too. the secretary asked that we ( me and that my DPR friend) should be documented then and there. which we did. after documenting. first batch came out, I was told that we don't fall into that list, second came out same story, I will go and meet my destiny helper, he will say he can't be disturbing the secretary, then list came out my name wasn't there luckily I was at the HQ when the where issuing letters, most who got didn't apply nor had documented previously,
I spoke to the office in charge and he asked who was my sponsor, I told him, he said I should go and meet my sponsor to follow it up. I left the HQ went straight to my sponsor office filled visitation book and he asked I come in, I told him what had just happened, he called the secretary but the secretary didn't pick, then he asked I see one staff in the board, which I did, that staff took me to the secretary and he asked that I should be issued my appointed letter.
that was how I got my appointment letter and job as an ASC1 since I already completed my master. same as the guy that we did DPR exams together, prior before he got the appointment letter, he was linked to a man who assured him that he was going to get him immigration job for 300k because he was already getting frustrated and confused since we documented in 2019 and he had not gotten our letters, he had already made a deposit of 200k before this job clicked without him paying a dime since he went through a traditional ruler.
in essence what I am saying is that 300k can't buy anyone a slot for superintendent cadre, maybe junior cadre.
please we all should be careful and vigilante many unscrupulous elements are taking advantage of the vulnerability of unemployed people in the society.
after series of disappointments, i got this job without paying a kobo rather God used someone my destiny helper to change my story
Thanks for sharing your life experience with us. I love your write up because it has a happy ending. But I must confess I laughed out loud while reading your writeup. Your experience is indeed a motivation to most of us passing through similar challenges of unemployment and lack of connection in this miserable country of ours. My prayers is for each and everyone of us out there struggling for a miracle job that God in His mercies will send our helpers.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by BIGOB: 7:10pm On May 29, 2021
Na always 300k them dey ask for.
All the ogas here wey say 300k go buy ASI slot, abeg come and pay me the money, I'll give you slot. LMAO cheesy
Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by motayojay: 7:10pm On May 29, 2021
jeffsticky:

Thanks for sharing your life experience with us. I love your write up because it has a happy ending. But I must confess I laughed out loud while reading your writeup. Your experience is indeed a motivation to most of us passing through similar challenges of unemployment and lack of connection in this miserable country of ours. My prayers is for each and everyone of us out there struggling for a miracle job that God in His mercies will send our helpers.

Amen ...
Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by motayojay: 7:14pm On May 29, 2021
With what I have read so far ... Are you people saying nobody will get these jobs based on merit .because I have not seen someone here on this forum saying he got paramilitary job without strong connection
Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by jamoyakz: 7:23pm On May 29, 2021
motayojay:
With what I have read so far ... Are you people saying nobody will get these jobs based on merit .because I have not seen someone here on this forum saying he got paramilitary job without strong connection
people do but most know someone or paid for the job...

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by SuppoOmoo: 7:57pm On May 29, 2021
motayojay:

People still do because what is destined to be yours will be yours and what is not meant for you will still elude you no matter your connection.

I remember in Police ASP recruitment 2016 which I also participated in. A street acquaintance who applied was directed to one big man in Abuja. When he got to Abuja then, he put up @ his friend apartment who also applied for the cadre. So, they both went to meet the man to submit their names.

Coincidentally, the big man's third name is the friend's Surname. God knows how he does His things... Na the Abuja friend eventually saw his name for final list in December, 2016 and he's already hanging his two stars now (confirmed ASP)

It may have happened that when big man submitted the two names, those that typed the final lists just assumed the guy who bears Oga's name is his relative. And the oga cannot bring in two ASPs as many are also on the que. So, his destiny worked for him there.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by freddybonz(m): 9:25pm On May 29, 2021
Chizzyozi:
do you know if the people he helped via firs have gotten apl
Has FIRS started issuing Apl?
Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by Chizzyozi(f): 10:35pm On May 29, 2021
freddybonz:

Has FIRS started issuing Apl?
No idea that is why I am asking
Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by Cloong: 6:33am On May 30, 2021
Please guys, I need an answer to this, it's very urgent and important lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Cloong:
Please guys, how to I get to the NIS Lagos screening center by bus from Ikeja. Thanks
Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by Ogenyipeter(m): 7:30am On May 30, 2021
Just enter bus going to Oshodi and drop at PWD
Cloong:
Please guys, I need an answer to this, it's very urgent and important lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by pqute(f): 8:11am On May 30, 2021
bakyboy:
Please is it advisable to quit a 70k job for an AII Post in NIS. Help a bro
pls someone should answer this question
Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by Nobody: 8:26am On May 30, 2021
bakyboy:
Yes..... Run from private company

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by Nobody: 8:29am On May 30, 2021
Cloong:
Take a bus to heading Oshodi and drop at PWD
Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by Cloong: 11:35am On May 30, 2021
Oh okay bro, thanks, is it trekkable from PWD?
Paramilitary1:
Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by UnusualDammy01(m): 1:37pm On May 30, 2021
bakyboy:

Yes it's advisable, but make sure you have gotten your APL first b4 quiting o!
So you won't loose at both ends
Besides NIS job is 50/50, except if you have a godfather

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by Tazdroid(m): 1:44pm On May 30, 2021
PWD Bus Stop, former Passport Office, Ikeja

That's the address. Just ask for directions around, it is very close
Cloong:
Oh okay bro, thanks, is it trekkable from PWD?
Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by Tazdroid(m): 1:49pm On May 30, 2021
Paramilitary1:

Please can you tell what events usually happen after NIS gives someone the job? ? Thanks
Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by Cloong: 4:49pm On May 30, 2021
Oh, thanks so much
Tazdroid:
PWD Bus Stop, former Passport Office, Ikeja

That's the address. Just ask for directions around, it is very close
Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by NarnieAceTech: 7:34pm On May 30, 2021

Just to ask a silly question but I'd like to be updated any way. When will 2021 NIS registration begin? Or has it ended?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by NarnieAceTech: 7:54pm On May 30, 2021
njokujay21:
pls....who is going to NIGERIA IMMIGRATION TRAINING SCHOOL, ORLU, IMO STATE On monday pls ....will it still hold with dis situation of shooting ...Pls i need info

Hello, bro. I'm also scheduled to be at Orlu on the 8th of June. Still contemplating though, not because of the shooting but because the position I applied for, I don't like it and I don't think I wanna quit my current job for now.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by Nobody: 9:07pm On May 30, 2021
Wow...so in summary of previous posts, the recruitment exercise is mere charade because more people(that know high-ranking officers or have huge amount to pay their connections. ) get the jobs than the common persons that have applied for it. Like 90% and 10% respectively.
What a country!
Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by BIGOB: 9:41pm On May 30, 2021
NarnieAceTech:

Hello, bro. I'm also scheduled to be at Orlu on the 8th of June. Still contemplating though, not because of the shooting but because the position I applied for, I don't like it and I don't think I wanna quit my current job for now.
Na your type dey make this big men get slot. So why did you apply in the first place?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by frank2zee: 11:44pm On May 30, 2021
NarnieAceTech:

Which position exactly are you referring to?
Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by edesgbenezaka: 6:24am On May 31, 2021
eniolaamos7:
Wow...so in summary of previous posts, the recruitment exercise is mere charade because more people(that know high-ranking officers or have huge amount to pay their connections. ) get the jobs than the common persons that have applied for it. Like 90% and 10% respectively.
What a country!

Lol

(1) (2) (3) ... (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) ... (343) (Reply)

FG: SURE-P Graduate Internship Scheme / Efcc Recruitment / DSS Is Recruiting (2016)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.