Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,079 members, 7,818,233 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:50 AM

Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment - Jobs/Vacancies (289) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment (923475 Views)

Oyo State Tescom 2020 Recruitment Trend / Successful Nigeria Immigration Service Applicants: Share Your Experience / Nigeria Immigration Service Sends Invitations To Successful Applicants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) ... (343) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by irepmyuniben: 2:26pm On Aug 28, 2021
naijakrook:

Well said brother. May I ask, since one cannot present a certificate obtained before the job for conversion/ upgrading, what then is the fate of the candidate that joined the Service with a lower qualification like SSCE or ND but about graduating either Masters or PhD? When he finish, can he present that result for consideration since his case is not captured in the clause?
you can only present your certificate before the Upgrading/ Conversion committee with a valid permission to study. The permission to study can only be obtained after writing the confirmation Examination within 2years
Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by irepmyuniben: 2:28pm On Aug 28, 2021
Sikpa04:
I just want to drop my own advice for y'all that are officers now who are already feeling bad cause you applied with a lower degree instead of your Bsc/HND.

Your rank shouldn't be the benchmark of your success. Some of you will have the opportunity to convert, some won't. Regardless, what matters is that you're able to attend to your responsibilities (family n all) and other things.

The moment you get into service, I'd advice you have a side hustle you do. Use your salary to invest in different opportunities outside service. Don't spend money anyhow (because that's what most newly recruited officers do). Being an Immigration assistant doesn't mean you won't be successful in life.

I know junior officers in the Police and Army who are comfortable with their lives than some senior Officers. So y'all should keep calm and enjoy this paramilitary job.
Even without engaging in corrupt practices. Saving your salary will give you the needed capital for a side hustle.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by irepmyuniben: 2:30pm On Aug 28, 2021
naijakrook:

Well said brother. May I ask, since one cannot present a certificate obtained before the job for conversion/ upgrading, what then is the fate of the candidate that joined the Service with a lower qualification like SSCE or ND but about graduating either Masters or PhD? When he finish, can he present that result for consideration since his case is not captured in the clause?
it is also not impossible for this to happen. It has happened before years ago.
Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by mede4real: 2:53pm On Aug 28, 2021
So, we can apply for the next paramilitary recruitment exercise with our latest degree (B SC )while holding onto this NIS assistant immigration job....

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by Mosunmolade: 2:59pm On Aug 28, 2021
irepmyuniben:
General duty: can be posted anywhere within the service. Office or field work.

Oh okay, thanks
Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by officialfestus(m): 5:02pm On Aug 28, 2021
Mkad:

Will they accept current account from zenith bank??
yes
Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by officialfestus(m): 5:02pm On Aug 28, 2021
GhostOfAPA:
boss are you through with yours?
yes
Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by njokujay21: 6:32pm On Aug 28, 2021
irepmyuniben:
Newly recruited getting pissed off because they did not present their highest degree during the recruitment process is not getting the right picture

1) There is a slim chance of being recruited with your First degree than other lower qualifications. Your certificate is as good as what you use it for. A first degree holder without a job is not better than an employed SSCE holder.

2) The under- employment clause on your appointment letter is clear. You cannot present a certificate you obtained before the job for upgrading. This cannot be fair to those that decided to apply with their first degre certificate and did not get the job because of stiff competition

3) The paramilitary service is even lenient. In the military, you have to wait till there is a general recruitment to even present yourself for Conversion to the officer's cadre.

4) Bad blood, feeling bad is a very bad sign that you have chosen the wrong career path. People that have never worked for the government can succeed more. Nobody is enslaving you. Just make your choice and decisions
Thank you boss!!! but sir in a case where the person gets another job......can u just resign anytime? or there's amount of years u must serve before resigning ..Pls kindly reply me..It's very important.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by Fas111: 7:40pm On Aug 28, 2021
Evening guys. My connect just sent me my appointment letter, but he then later said there's a mistake, I also figured. It's OND I have but the letter he sent has my name but the issue is, the appointment is for HND/Bsc, which I don't have. Can someone tell me what's going on??
Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by RivuletStream: 7:47pm On Aug 28, 2021
Fas111:
Evening guys. My connect just sent me my appointment letter, but he then later said there's a mistake, I also figured. It's OND I have but the letter he sent has my name but the issue is, the appointment is for HND/Bsc, which I don't have. Can someone tell me what's going on??

Your connect is obviously a fraudster

All the plenty forms that is supposed to be filled and submitted at HQ and the IPPIS enrollment, ask him what you are going to do about that.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by Profmike4: 7:55pm On Aug 28, 2021
those with connect , do they need all those forms and process?
Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by RivuletStream: 7:55pm On Aug 28, 2021

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by RivuletStream: 7:59pm On Aug 28, 2021

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by iamoge(f): 8:06pm On Aug 28, 2021
Fas111:
doesn’t seem right. Shine your eyes. Goodluck !

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by HonFola: 9:22pm On Aug 28, 2021
Fas111:

Don't conclude it fake or fraud yet..
A lot is actually ongoing at the moment,so don't discard anything quickly..
Good luck!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by IliasuAB(m): 9:22pm On Aug 28, 2021
RivuletStream:
The people with the genuine connect will receive their appointment letter and fill out the plenty paper work at HQ when those on merit have finished doing their own.
How sure are u sad

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by Gabicon20: 9:46pm On Aug 28, 2021
RivuletStream:
The people with the genuine connect will receive their appointment letter and fill out the plenty paper work at HQ when those on merit have finished doing their own.
very far 4rm d truth, if ur connect could not get ur name on d current list of people doing documentation/receiving apl now then ur chances of getting this job is very slim. Don't be deceived. som1 who neither sat 4d exam nor attended d final screening gave his registration slip to a connect last month, he got invite 4d documentation he has collected his apl and finished with his documentation/capturing. so if u paid a connect since last year and he is still telling u stories ur chances are very slim. Those receiving apl now are not exclusively merit, its a combo of both the lucky(no connect) and d connected.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by mattbass(m): 9:53pm On Aug 28, 2021
Gabicon20:

very far 4rm d truth, if ur connect could not get ur name on d current list of people doing documentation/receiving apl now then ur chances of getting this job is very slim. Don't be deceived. som1 who neither sat 4d exam nor attended d final screening gave his registration slip to a connect last month, he got invite 4d documentation he has collected his apl and finished with his documentation/capturing. so if u paid a connect since last year and he is still telling u stories ur chances are very slim. Those receiving apl now are not exclusively merit, its a combo of both the lucky(no connect) and d connected.

I beg to differ with this also to some point.

Anyways, what happens to replacement slots den??
Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by Adez1: 9:57pm On Aug 28, 2021
Hmmmmmmmmm.... I don't know which to believe again ooh... �
Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by Gabicon20: 10:08pm On Aug 28, 2021
mattbass:

I beg to differ with this also to some point.

Anyways, what happens to replacement slots den??
I don't understand why people talk about replacement when there is an ongoing recruitment. To the best of my knowledge replacement is an exercise used to fill existing vacancies where d vacancy available is too small to advertise for an open recruitment(usually its less than 100). I might be wrong but only a scammer should be promising som1 a replacement slot when there is an ongoing recruitment.
The only other possibility now is d few persons who were shortlisted but wouldn't turn up for this job coz they already got something better or travelled out of d country. This number should be very small and will be contested by d powers that be within d board. If ur connect is legit u might be lucky to get it after all but like I said earlier d chance is slim coz if ur connect could not enlist u wen d vacancy is 5000 it should be harder 4him to enlist u for d slots of those who didn't show up which might not even be up to 50.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by mattbass(m): 10:15pm On Aug 28, 2021
Gabicon20:

I don't understand why people talk about replacement when there is an ongoing recruitment. To the best of my knowledge replacement is an exercise used to fill existing vacancies where d vacancy available is too small to advertise for an open recruitment(usually its less than 100). I might be wrong but only a scammer should be promising som1 a replacement slot when there is an ongoing recruitment.
The only other possibility now is d few persons who were shortlisted but wouldn't turn up for this job coz they already got something better or travelled out of d country. This number should be very small and will be contested by d powers that be within d board. If ur connect is legit u might be lucky to get it after all but like I said earlier d chance is slim coz if ur connect could not enlist u wen d vacancy is 5000 it should be harder 4him to enlist u for d slots of those who didn't show up which might not even be up to 50.

Sha u talking from the way u understand the whole process more of the " Due process stuff" but we dey naija so e fit no b d way u dey reason d matter.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by asiwaju60: 10:29pm On Aug 28, 2021
@Fas111

It's may not be fake and "it may" because must time this people just submit names with out any qualifications, just try to do your findings.

If I may ask when did you receive the letter?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by RivuletStream: 10:43pm On Aug 28, 2021
During induction or during main training, you may know those who came in through connection if they are willing to open up. You will also know whether they collected their appointment letter together with the merit people or they collected via separate arrangements.
Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by HonFola: 10:43pm On Aug 28, 2021
Gabicon20:

Its very sad when you tend to talk out of ignorance in a public setting where a lot of people look out for genuine information...
This is not the first recruitment carried out in the interior board.. I can authoritatively confirm that all those that have gone for documentation so far are registered applicants who have at least gotten the job on merit. I don't know of those that will go tomorrow tho.

A few number of slots are reserved for some senior officers and other top notch politician who sabi.. Nobody will tell you that..
As for those with connect,like I said yesterday,hold your plug tight and don't be far from God. Documentation runs through till ending of Sept..

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by HonFola: 10:45pm On Aug 28, 2021
Gabicon20:

FYI,
Apart from the fact that they don't shortlist to fill the vacant space at once..you also need to be informed that no all invited will show up for documentation...
Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by HonFola: 10:50pm On Aug 28, 2021
RivuletStream:
During induction or during main training, you may know those who came in through connection if they are willing to open up. You will also know whether they collected their appointment letter together with the merit people or they collected via separate arrangements.

Something that's nor just happening...
The recently recruited corrections officers will explain better...
I'm not under the interior board but at least we know how some people got into where we are today.
Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by Gabicon20: 10:51pm On Aug 28, 2021
Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by Gabicon20: 10:53pm On Aug 28, 2021
HonFola:

Its very sad when you tend to talk out of ignorance in a public setting where a lot of people look out for genuine information...
This is not the first recruitment carried out in the interior board.. I can authoritatively confirm that all those that have gone for documentation so far are registered applicants who have at least gotten the job on merit. I don't know of those that will go tomorrow tho.

A few number of slots are reserved for some senior officers and other top notch politician who sabi.. Nobody will tell you that..
As for those with connect,like I said yesterday,hold your plug tight and don't be far from God. Documentation runs through till ending of Sept..
@bold I choose not to argue with u

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by Fas111: 11:33pm On Aug 28, 2021
I got the letter today, but he also said they could change it. How could it have been fake? Would he have to go through all that stress just for me, coz I didn't pay, he just wanted to help me, then when the job gets sure, I'll appreciate him. The appointment letter has my name and all. But also who has the appointment letter should please send to me let me see if it's same with mine
asiwaju60:
@Fas111

It's may not be fake and "it may" because must time this people just submit names with out any qualifications, just try to do your findings.

If I may ask when did you receive the letter?
Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by asiwaju60: 11:49pm On Aug 28, 2021
Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by John2350: 11:54pm On Aug 28, 2021
Fas111:
I got the letter today, but he also said they could change it. How could it have been fake? Would he have to go through all that stress just for me, coz I didn't pay, he just wanted to help me, then when the job gets sure, I'll appreciate him. The appointment letter has my name and all. But also who has the appointment letter should please send to me let me see if it's same with mine

Yahoo Yahoo format cheesy grin grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy who has the letter should send make you check something grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Immigration Service 2020 Recruitment by Fas111: 12:07am On Aug 29, 2021
How did it end for that your friend please? Plus guys what's the difference between CDCFIB and CDFIPB? Which of them is handling this particular recruitment? How can I check the credibility of the APL he sent to me??I'm confused!
asiwaju60:
@Fas111

It's happened to a friend of mine last 2 years ago, he was offered grade level 13 as a young graduate, that's the reason why said must of this men just use to submit name only with out any qualifications

(1) (2) (3) ... (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) ... (343) (Reply)

FG: SURE-P Graduate Internship Scheme / Efcc Recruitment / DSS Is Recruiting (2016)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.