Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,696 members, 7,865,760 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 04:36 AM

Becominq A Professional Web Designer! - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Becominq A Professional Web Designer! (666 Views)

Professional Web Design And Development In Warri, Delta State, Nigeria / Any Professional Web Designer In Onitsha, I Have A Job For You. / A Professional Web Designer/programmer Needed Urgently To Build An Adult Site (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Becominq A Professional Web Designer! by 3RNEST(m): 10:51am On Dec 23, 2010
Hello my fellow web designers!

- I'm into web design since 2008, and the method in which i desiqn website for client is kind of old fashion and its affectinq me, losinq some project, i do have so much passion in dis field and i want u guyz to kindly share ideas here to help improve my skills to become professional web designer,
- This is method:
if i have any contract,
- Download template from OSWD.
- Edit template and host it on a free server, 50webs, no force banner.
- then buy domain from web4africa

>> Ms frontpage 2003, is wat i use in editinq the site but i dont know hw to create contact form usinq ms frontpage, that i also want to learn, inshort i wish to learn alot in this field,
- pls help a friend, thanks in advance.
Re: Becominq A Professional Web Designer! by joomlaman(m): 11:12am On Dec 29, 2010
I suggest u should switch over to using Content Management System (CMS) fast! That is what I use and I recommend Drupla, Joomla or Mambo!

Enjoy!
www.UmarYusuf.com
Re: Becominq A Professional Web Designer! by mastere3: 11:55am On Dec 30, 2010
Using CMS is ok, using template is not a bad idea at all but u shud know when to implement any of this technique. hey the idea of using free hosting for real web project is not a good one my friend.

Use paid hosting service. And as regard to becoming professional there are technologies that a good web designer and developer need to learn. Let me disclose some now:

Authoring tools such as Ms Frontage, Dreamweaver e.t.c
Mark up Language: HTML, XHTML, XML, WML at least HTML and XHTML is standard enough
Graphic Design Tools: Adbobe Photoshop, Adobe Fireworks,
Scripting Language: JavaScript/Jquery Techniques. Dynamic development techniques such as PHP MYSQL

One more thing learn CSS to be able to enhance your web design. Layout design from scratch either using table or borderless using CSS is a must for you to learn.

That is all i can offer to say for the now

Shared Hosting, Reseller and Master Reseller Hosting form www.vbhostnet.com

Regard

Best of my wishes to you
Re: Becominq A Professional Web Designer! by canachy(m): 6:27pm On Jan 02, 2011
3RNEST:

Hello my fellow web designers!

- I'm into web design since 2008, and the method in which i desiqn website for client is kind of old fashion and its affectinq me, losinq some project, i do have so much passion in dis field and i want u guyz to kindly share ideas here to help improve my skills to become professional web designer,
- This is method:
if i have any contract,
- Download template from OSWD.
- Edit template and host it on a free server, 50webs, no force banner.
- then buy domain from web4africa

>> Ms frontpage 2003, is wat i use in editinq the site but i dont know hw to create contact form usinq ms frontpage, that i also want to learn, inshort i wish to learn alot in this field,
- pls help a friend, thanks in advance.

I can help you. Send an email to infoATtwichihostDOTcom
Re: Becominq A Professional Web Designer! by ogzille(m): 4:50am On Jan 03, 2011
Learn from scratch. master ur html and css first!
Re: Becominq A Professional Web Designer! by 3RNEST(m): 11:26am On Jan 11, 2011
>> Thanks everyone, but i still need more ideas!!
Re: Becominq A Professional Web Designer! by feefon(m): 8:58pm On Jan 12, 2011
It all depends on

[list]
[li]what kind of website you want to build/design[/li]
[li]Number of pages[/li]
[li]The graphics[/li]
[li]and so on. [/li]
[/list]

I think the best thing to start with is mastering

[list]
[li]HTML[/li]
[li]then CSS[/li]
[li]then you can choose between PHP or Microsoft ASP .net[/li]
[li]then think about data storage using flat file or MySQL[/li]
[/list]

With this as a start I believe you will be a master web designer in no time. It will take you more or less 1 year to master them.

Practice makes perfect wink.

(1) (Reply)

Javascript Or Php / Bing Robot Wahala / Get Your Personal Digital Cv Or Biography Website

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.