Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,200 members, 7,818,669 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:24 PM

Steps On How To Regain Your International Passport From The Immigration - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Steps On How To Regain Your International Passport From The Immigration (516 Views)

How To Get Your International Passport In 5 Steps / Aregbesola Commissions The Immigration Service Passport Express Centre / Passport From Nigerian Embassy @ Washington DC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Steps On How To Regain Your International Passport From The Immigration by Dreyton36: 1:36am On Mar 14, 2020
Good day brothers and sisters in here, I need some advices from my masters in here

I used to live in Dubai, and I came back to Nigeria in 2018 November 4th
That was because I wanted to apply for a Canadian vis, after submitting my application at the Canadian embassy at lekki ikate ... I waited for some months for God's blessing
It got up to 5months no info , so i has to visit the embassy
I made some enquiries about my visa , but I was told that it wasn't successful and my passport has been sent to V.i I Lagos
I went to v.i and i was again directed to ikoyi immigration centre
When I got to ikoyi , I made enquiries and i was told that it's been taken to Abuja due to the fact that it's been with them for too long
Now my question is , how possible is it to still get my passport back even if I decide to travel to Abuja
And what requirements do I need before I travel to Abuja
Your advices are really needed pls
The passport is being there for about 2yrs now
What are my chances pls
Re: Steps On How To Regain Your International Passport From The Immigration by justwise(m): 7:04am On Mar 14, 2020
Dreyton36:
Good day brothers and sisters in here, I need some advices from my masters in here

I used to live in Dubai, and I came back to Nigeria in 2018 November 4th
That was because I wanted to apply for a Canadian vis, after submitting my application at the Canadian embassy at lekki ikate ... I waited for some months for God's blessing
It got up to 5months no info , so i has to visit the embassy
I made some enquiries about my visa , but I was told that it wasn't successful and my passport has been sent to V.i I Lagos
I went to v.i and i was again directed to ikoyi immigration centre
When I got to ikoyi , I made enquiries and i was told that it's been taken to Abuja due to the fact that it's been with them for too long
Now my question is , how possible is it to still get my passport back even if I decide to travel to Abuja
And what requirements do I need before I travel to Abuja
Your advices are really needed pls
The passport is being there for about 2yrs now
What are my chances pls

You need to find out first why they sent your passport to immigration and how to explain your crime to immigration.

Embassy only send passport to immigration in fraudulent cases
Re: Steps On How To Regain Your International Passport From The Immigration by Dreyton36: 9:19am On Mar 14, 2020
justwise:

You need to find out first why they sent your passport to immigration and how to explain your crime to immigration.

Embassy only send passport to immigration in fraudulent cases
Nothing fraudulent
I applied for a Canadian visa but it didn't work out, and because I didn't come and collect the passport on time , it stayed about 8 months with them , that's why it was taken to the immigration office
Re: Steps On How To Regain Your International Passport From The Immigration by joelag: 9:54am On Mar 14, 2020
Maybe you can declare it missing, then go for another passport.
Re: Steps On How To Regain Your International Passport From The Immigration by Petyprincess(f): 10:01am On Mar 14, 2020
Ask their official page on twitter you will get valid response! Moreover why waited for eight months to get back your passport?

1 Like

Re: Steps On How To Regain Your International Passport From The Immigration by Glink2018(m): 6:18pm On Mar 14, 2020
joelag:
Maybe you can declare it missing, then go for another passport.

You think all fraudulent visa application naija go for, naija immigration doesn't have the information. Let him declare it lost if they will not refuse his application. Bros, there is sth fishing about your application and your passport had been sent to naija immigration. So, go to their office in abuja and sort yourself out probably you will get your passport back or they bar you from getting naija passport for the next 5 years..
The gods are wise.
Re: Steps On How To Regain Your International Passport From The Immigration by Nobody: 9:13pm On Mar 15, 2020
Everything in Nigeria is f*ucked up
How will you hold a passport for 2yrs

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Passport Renewal Issue In Qatar / Lawyer Raises Concern Over Safety Of Lives Of Those Using Air-peace P47121 / Insecurity: Canada Warns Citizens Against Travelling To Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.