Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,256 members, 7,815,395 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:43 AM

How We Plan To Manage Economy In This Crisis Period - FG - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How We Plan To Manage Economy In This Crisis Period - FG (16971 Views)

Buhari Will Teach World Leaders How To Manage Economy During Pandemic: Adesina / APC Crisis: We Plan To Visit Tinubu – Buni / Miyetti Allah: We Plan To Attend Amotekun Public Hearing On Monday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How We Plan To Manage Economy In This Crisis Period - FG by dipoolowoo: 5:20am On Mar 14, 2020
By Dipo Olowookere

The federal government has unveiled few key strategies it plans to execute in managing the economy of Nigeria during the global crisis influenced by coronavirus and crash in crude oil prices.

This week, after the oil price war between Saudi Arabia and Russia threatened the nation’s economy, President Muhammadu Buhari promptly set up a committee to look at the impact of the COVID-19 disease on the country’s economy.

The committee was headed by the Minister of Finance, Budget and National Planning and was asked to give a report next week to the President.
ALSO READ DMO Lists $3b Eurobonds, $3m Diaspora Bonds on NSE

A statement issued by a media aide to the Minister, Mr Yunusa Tanko Abdullahi, said the panel held a meeting, where issues were discussed.

Mr Abdullahi quoted his boss as saying that, “So, we will manage the economy by prioritising what we do during the period that there will be slow activities, so that when things pick up, everything will go back to normal.”

The stated further quoted the Minister as saying that the committee will “ensure that the business of government continues to run normally as much as possible, that government agencies are funded.”
ALSO READ dti Leads Business Delegation to Nigeria, Ghana

She also noted that “there must be continuous investments in critical infrastructure that would ensure continuous growth and also concentrate on programmes and projects that will enhance employment of our people.”

“We are looking at ways and means in which the revenue of government will be stabilised and that we are able to fund the states through the Federation Account Allocation Committee (FAAC) process at a level that is averagely expected, and planned for both the federal as well as the national budget,” she further stated.
ALSO READ SEC Nigeria Releases Green Bond Rules

In her address to the committee members, Mrs Ahmed stated that, “So, as we finish our consultations next week, we will be expecting some approvals and then we will be meeting with you to inform you of the specific approvals that we have been able to obtain from the President.”

Business Post recalled that on Thursday, the International Monetary Fund (IMF) said COVID-19 will have a significant negative impact on the economy of Nigeria, the largest in Africa.
https://businesspost.ng/economy/how-we-plan-to-manage-economy-in-this-crisis-period-fg/

1 Like

Re: How We Plan To Manage Economy In This Crisis Period - FG by pointstores(m): 5:46am On Mar 14, 2020
These so called govt

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How We Plan To Manage Economy In This Crisis Period - FG by ReeLoaDead(m): 6:38am On Mar 14, 2020
The economy was mismanaged when things were normal so how do you expect anything better during corona? undecided

54 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How We Plan To Manage Economy In This Crisis Period - FG by BruncleZuma: 6:38am On Mar 14, 2020
grin grin grin grin

No long term plans, no learning from past crisis, no competent advisors, zero accountability.

Welcome to Buhari's Nigeria

50 Likes 7 Shares

Re: How We Plan To Manage Economy In This Crisis Period - FG by Fididiguy(m): 6:38am On Mar 14, 2020
If we are smart enough, there are good in bad and vice-versa, but who will teach our government what to do now, when everything look like as it were now
Re: How We Plan To Manage Economy In This Crisis Period - FG by Ayhomes(m): 6:38am On Mar 14, 2020
God will help our Leaders.

Let me use this opportunity to reach out to all nairalanders. I want to give out free 5plots of land at one of my estates in Ibeju Lekki , this estate is currently selling for 1m, yes it is mine if you doubt me google Ayhomes Investment Ltd. This is my way of reaching out to all my clients from Nairaland especially those in abroad.

This is my Easter gift to 5 lucky Individuals who has bought from any of our estates.

Name of the estate am give out free plot is Lekki precious Garden Ibeju Lekki currently selling for 1m, already fenced with gatehouse.

Location is Owode Ise. Pictures of this estate are on every social media platform even videos.

Call or whatsapp me now. Check my number from my profile.

Thanks.
Re: How We Plan To Manage Economy In This Crisis Period - FG by helinues: 6:39am On Mar 14, 2020
Pls manage it well oo.

You guys have really been trying

6 Likes

Re: How We Plan To Manage Economy In This Crisis Period - FG by qanda: 6:39am On Mar 14, 2020
Re: How We Plan To Manage Economy In This Crisis Period - FG by Nobody: 6:40am On Mar 14, 2020
All talk and no action

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How We Plan To Manage Economy In This Crisis Period - FG by emmabest2000(m): 6:41am On Mar 14, 2020
Talk is cheap

Wait till December to see the picture of
2019 / 2020

Naawaa for 9ar economy grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How We Plan To Manage Economy In This Crisis Period - FG by Tonyblinky(m): 6:42am On Mar 14, 2020
Audio Planning!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How We Plan To Manage Economy In This Crisis Period - FG by BlackfireX: 6:42am On Mar 14, 2020
That is our darling president

We the youths are solidly behind you.

But ipob miscreants and amotekun terrorist will disagree and say rubbish.

We are patriots

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How We Plan To Manage Economy In This Crisis Period - FG by Delhiparan: 6:42am On Mar 14, 2020
We will be ok provided we don't panick. Much of the impact on dollar now is as a result of panic buying. Let us be calm cos after the night comes the day.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How We Plan To Manage Economy In This Crisis Period - FG by miniziter(m): 6:42am On Mar 14, 2020
By collecting more taxes abi?
Re: How We Plan To Manage Economy In This Crisis Period - FG by easyfem(m): 6:43am On Mar 14, 2020
omo c boda , gov wey mumu ............ when we had oil boom u didnt do anything ... so now that the world is facing difficulty .... u are making plans .......who are u guys fooling self ?.......... now dollar is 420 .... we guys in other country are just smiling and watching .......... i said let sell that country call naija and share the money

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How We Plan To Manage Economy In This Crisis Period - FG by israelmao(m): 6:43am On Mar 14, 2020
Gbv
Re: How We Plan To Manage Economy In This Crisis Period - FG by lawalosky(m): 6:44am On Mar 14, 2020
Ok
Re: How We Plan To Manage Economy In This Crisis Period - FG by easyfem(m): 6:45am On Mar 14, 2020
Ayhomes:
God will help our Leaders.

Let me use this opportunity to reach out to all nairalanders. I want to give out free 5plots of land at one of my estates in Ibeju Lekki , this estate is currently selling for 1m, yes it is mine if you doubt me google Ayhomes Investment Ltd. This is my way of reaching out to all my clients from Nairaland especially those in abroad.

This is my Easter gift to 5 lucky Individuals who has bought from any of our estates.

Name of the estate am give out free plot is Lekki precious Garden Ibeju Lekki currently selling for 1m, already fenced with gatehouse.

Location is Owode Ise. Pictures of this estate are on every social media platform even videos.

Call or whatsapp me now. Check my number from my profile.

Thanks.

pls give us ur details oooooooooooooo
Re: How We Plan To Manage Economy In This Crisis Period - FG by Cocolatti(m): 6:45am On Mar 14, 2020
A Country that has already eaten it's tomorrow yesterday. No contingency plan, always using fire Brigade approach.

5 Likes

Re: How We Plan To Manage Economy In This Crisis Period - FG by Nobody: 6:45am On Mar 14, 2020
Ok
Re: How We Plan To Manage Economy In This Crisis Period - FG by sirabu: 6:47am On Mar 14, 2020
Lord here we go again, what a man has to do, a man got to do. DMX.

1 Like

Re: How We Plan To Manage Economy In This Crisis Period - FG by nsiba: 6:47am On Mar 14, 2020
f
Re: How We Plan To Manage Economy In This Crisis Period - FG by SangoOlukosoOba(m): 6:47am On Mar 14, 2020
God bless His Excellence President Mohammadu Buhari (GCFR)

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How We Plan To Manage Economy In This Crisis Period - FG by yanabasee(m): 6:47am On Mar 14, 2020
From the report, NOTHING was stated on how they will manage the economy...

They only said, that they will slow down things.. What will they slow down?

To kill the panic, they went further to say that, they will not relent to funding agencies....

Nigeria is a big joke....

China quarantine almost the entire country....fed them and they have been working on the solution and their economy is still very standard..... No African countries can survive what China is going through with....

We need to work on our leaders that will be able to change the entire system an give us a country.... Because, Nigeria is not a country but a settlement.....

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: How We Plan To Manage Economy In This Crisis Period - FG by condralbedez: 6:48am On Mar 14, 2020
When are they going to blame the past adminstration for this?

3 Likes

Re: How We Plan To Manage Economy In This Crisis Period - FG by Ayhomes(m): 6:49am On Mar 14, 2020
easyfem:

pls give us ur details oooooooooooooo
0 8 0 3 3 4 7 1 4 1 8
Re: How We Plan To Manage Economy In This Crisis Period - FG by Ayoswit(f): 6:52am On Mar 14, 2020
undecidedmtcheeew
Re: How We Plan To Manage Economy In This Crisis Period - FG by ZombiePUNISHER: 6:53am On Mar 14, 2020
Useless government....

Nothing good can ever come out of Buhari leadership...

I will make one naira equal one dollar

Today is 400 to a dollar

2 Likes

Re: How We Plan To Manage Economy In This Crisis Period - FG by RapistOnBail: 6:53am On Mar 14, 2020
Even though i disagree with the APC, but I believe the Government of President Muhammad Buhari.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How We Plan To Manage Economy In This Crisis Period - FG by Jaspernubi: 6:54am On Mar 14, 2020
Federal Government of Liars. Deceivers. Keep fooling yourselves, the age-long lies by old failures continues

1 Like

Re: How We Plan To Manage Economy In This Crisis Period - FG by David765: 6:55am On Mar 14, 2020
The world is coming to an end

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Those Who Fight On Social Media Are Not My Supporters - Peter Obi / Lagos State Closes Ladipo Market For Environmental Offences / Femi Fani-kayode Mocks Rochas Okorocha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.