Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,047 members, 7,866,955 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 08:51 AM

Racism: Drama As FG Shuts Chinese Restaurant, Mall - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Racism: Drama As FG Shuts Chinese Restaurant, Mall (384 Views)

FCCPC Shuts Chinese Restaurant Over ‘Discrimination’ / Chinese Restaurant in Lagos Condemns Closure by FG, Says Gov't Lied Against It / FG Closes Haufei Restaurant & Mall, Chinese Restaurant In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Racism: Drama As FG Shuts Chinese Restaurant, Mall by Metrostarng: 8:58pm On Mar 14, 2020
The Federal Government on Saturday shut a Chinese restaurant and mall in Lagos for refusing to serve Nigerians.

This was announced by the Federal Competition and Consumer Protection Commission on Twitter following surveillance and intelligence after receiving complaints from members of the public.

“Today, FCCPC closed Haufei Restaurant & Mall 33 Aboyade Cole, VI based on credible intel & surveillance that the biz declines service to Nigerians. Staff of the biz admitted this is the policy & our operatives experienced same. Both now closed for further regulatory action.

“There can’t be any acceptable reason to discriminate against any national, more so Nigerians in Nigeria. That we walked into a restaurant that openly declined service on account of our race is simply ludicrous. The only response to this openly outrageous conduct is interim closure,” it stated.

The undercover investigation was led by the Director-General of FCCPC, Dr. Babatunde Irukera.

The development came ahead of the commemoration of the World Consumer Rights Day on Sunday.

However, the owner of the two locations, Ronnie Liu, kicked against the closure on Twitter.

Liu, who is the president of Chinese Investors Association for Development and Promotion in Nigeria, told Irukera, that the businesses never engaged in racist conduct.

“I’m the owner of this place. We have Nigerian staffs (sic) and we service all the customers.

“Please come join (us) to have tea. I am (hae been) in Lagos for 20 years. I am the president of Chinese Investors Association for Development and Promotion in Nigeria. We work together with Nigerians.

“Anybody who does not believe this should come to me straight. I’m always available.

“Yesterday, someone came as asked for food. We have them the menu but they could not choose.

“Now, he just came today and said he is the DG with name card (no proof) and simply locked out place and posted. We cannot accept a thing like that,” he protested.

However, Irukera responded thus: “I am the DG, never been to your business. Sent two people differently there today, you declined service because they are Nigerians, I made inquiries from your staff outside what the policy is, they confirmed. I came in, same thing happened to me. This representation is entirely false!”[sup][/sup]

https://metrostarng.com/2020/03/14/racism-drama-as-fg-shuts-chinese-restaurant-mall/

1 Share

Re: Racism: Drama As FG Shuts Chinese Restaurant, Mall by delishpot: 9:01pm On Mar 14, 2020
They said they have proof. I wish they had some secret camera recording the dialogue with staff of that place.
Re: Racism: Drama As FG Shuts Chinese Restaurant, Mall by Witcher(f): 9:11pm On Mar 14, 2020
Hahahaha

(1) (Reply)

Best Anti Aging Food And Fruit. / Good Citizen Shared Free Food And Nigerians Complaining About Size Of The Meat / Learn How To Make Red Velvet Cake, Queen's Cup Cake And Puff Puff And Make Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.