Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,994 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:42 AM

Chinese Restaurant in Lagos Condemns Closure by FG, Says Gov't Lied Against It - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Chinese Restaurant in Lagos Condemns Closure by FG, Says Gov't Lied Against It (35745 Views)

FCCPC Shuts Chinese Restaurant Over ‘Discrimination’ / FG Closes Haufei Restaurant & Mall, Chinese Restaurant In Lagos / Lagos Chinese restaurant accused of racism against Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chinese Restaurant in Lagos Condemns Closure by FG, Says Gov't Lied Against It by jaxxy(m): 10:18am On Mar 16, 2020
Mizwisdom:

Yes, I agree they should open different sections one for normal human being, the other for your family members.

Crap!
Re: Chinese Restaurant in Lagos Condemns Closure by FG, Says Gov't Lied Against It by Farki: 10:19am On Mar 16, 2020
emmabest2000:
This chi-nko people sef

What's special about their TASTELESS danm food

Sometimes the food is nice sometimes it is rubbish. Their fried rice is still not as good as classic Mr Biggs fried rice.

Most of the international food we eat everyday in Nigeria are of Chinese origin anyway.
Re: Chinese Restaurant in Lagos Condemns Closure by FG, Says Gov't Lied Against It by Farki: 10:20am On Mar 16, 2020
jaxxy:
If they were smart they wud have created different sections rather than saying Nigerians can’t eat in.

Separate but equal, just like America in the 60s cheesy
Re: Chinese Restaurant in Lagos Condemns Closure by FG, Says Gov't Lied Against It by jaxxy(m): 10:24am On Mar 16, 2020
Sterope:
Then when we realise it, we will shut it down again.

Haha just saying oo. I don’t mean it’s right bt it kinda solves the problem of serving everyone. Like we have vip/vvip/smokers section and stuffs.
Re: Chinese Restaurant in Lagos Condemns Closure by FG, Says Gov't Lied Against It by able20(m): 10:26am On Mar 16, 2020
uuzba:

And then they will deport all Nigerians from China in return.

when the rest of the world hears it, America, UK, Europe will just find proper excuse and deport all Nigerians there.
Tell them oh, Nigerians that can't stay in their own country jeje always on transit are now shouting Deport.
Re: Chinese Restaurant in Lagos Condemns Closure by FG, Says Gov't Lied Against It by jaxxy(m): 10:27am On Mar 16, 2020
Farki:

Separate but equal, just like America in the 60s cheesy

My brother i don’t mean anything racist here abeg, more like privacy cheesy
Re: Chinese Restaurant in Lagos Condemns Closure by FG, Says Gov't Lied Against It by pacespot(m): 10:33am On Mar 16, 2020
China produces almost everything in the hands of Nigerians today: smartphone, electronics, roads, rails, bridges, ports, etc and they still want Chinese to cook for them. Are Nigerians handicapped that they can't do anything with their hands? Oh I get it, they want to eat tasty Chinese foods and show some class that they are eating from Chinese restaurant. Nigerian government should get some balls and set this restaurant free asap coz I don't see the reason why they will shut them down, it is a private business not a public enterprise. What if the restaurant was set up to cater to only Chinese living in Nigeria who don't like Nigerian foods, as I don't see the reason why anyone will set up a business like restaurant and refuse to serve foods to the locals?
Re: Chinese Restaurant in Lagos Condemns Closure by FG, Says Gov't Lied Against It by silverlord(m): 10:33am On Mar 16, 2020
Mizwisdom:

Yes, I agree they should open different sections one for normal human being, the other for your family members.

1 Like

Re: Chinese Restaurant in Lagos Condemns Closure by FG, Says Gov't Lied Against It by Reference(m): 10:42am On Mar 16, 2020
They should go to court to enforce their rights. It is the court process that will produce evidence on both sides, witnesses, CCTV footage, etc to prove or disprove the assertion. Sentiments are just wrong. I just hope our government has got it right here and are not just reacting to sentiments.

We have had Chinese restaurants operaring in the country virtually since independence. I have been attending these restaurants since I was a child with no problems whatsoever. I cannot understand where this angst against the Chinese food retail industry is coming from.
Re: Chinese Restaurant in Lagos Condemns Closure by FG, Says Gov't Lied Against It by KillerBeauty(f): 10:52am On Mar 16, 2020
They condemned the closure of their business but did not deny the claim that prompted the closure.

They guilty

2 Likes

Re: Chinese Restaurant in Lagos Condemns Closure by FG, Says Gov't Lied Against It by Crieff(m): 11:02am On Mar 16, 2020
E k'oshi danu!!!
Re: Chinese Restaurant in Lagos Condemns Closure by FG, Says Gov't Lied Against It by Sterope(f): 11:05am On Mar 16, 2020
What is happening in the world that is sufficient enough to discriminate against them too? Is Lagos another name for Wuhan, China?

If they don't want to serve Nigerians, they should not be opening their doors to anyone. The FG had made their decision for them. I expect them to be glad.

mauchiz:

With what is happening all over the world, are you supposed to go to there shop to eat?
You are not supposed to go there to eat,

They don't want you to eat there before you people wlll start saying they gave you coronavirus.
Even were I work, when I see them I give them distance.

I tire for una

1 Like

Re: Chinese Restaurant in Lagos Condemns Closure by FG, Says Gov't Lied Against It by Jaqenhghar: 11:08am On Mar 16, 2020
RemoveKebab:
at least we condemn those eating it here and is not as popular and commercial as it is in china.

In China its a commercial industry to rear and eat those weird stuffs thanks to their ill believed traditional medicines and even those weird stuffs are not properly prepared or cared for leading to a creation of super diseases.

There is a reason they are called wild animals so expect wild diseases.
You condemn it by bringing such news to frontpage and sharing recipes on how you will cook such, or how it will go best with a certain drink?
Re: Chinese Restaurant in Lagos Condemns Closure by FG, Says Gov't Lied Against It by Jaqenhghar: 11:10am On Mar 16, 2020
FrLukas:

Yup.

Let them tell us how much we are owing them so I can write a check for them.
See your patriotism abeg. So you had the money all aling yet you watched while your government went borrowing from the Chinese. Dem suppose charge U for treason tongue
Re: Chinese Restaurant in Lagos Condemns Closure by FG, Says Gov't Lied Against It by Horus(m): 11:15am On Mar 16, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myHCdK9OMec

Chinese Eating Bats and Live Mice

WARNING: video not suitable for all audiences
Re: Chinese Restaurant in Lagos Condemns Closure by FG, Says Gov't Lied Against It by chiiraq802(m): 11:29am On Mar 16, 2020
lastchild:
if what they said is true why won't Nigerian government apologize to them? If we should send them back to Wuhan and they decide to send our people back home who do you think is at lost?
Tis not my concern...I'm not in China
Re: Chinese Restaurant in Lagos Condemns Closure by FG, Says Gov't Lied Against It by uchennaq(m): 11:31am On Mar 16, 2020
chiiraq802:
They demanded for unreserved apology from the FCCPC
Send this chinko's back to Wuhan grin
ARE YOU SURE THEY DID NOT DEMAND FOR BRIBE?
Re: Chinese Restaurant in Lagos Condemns Closure by FG, Says Gov't Lied Against It by Nobody: 11:39am On Mar 16, 2020
Jaqenhghar:

See your patriotism abeg. So you had the money all aling yet you watched while your government went borrowing from the Chinese. Dem suppose charge U for treason tongue

Lol.

I no wan dey show myself ni. tongue
Re: Chinese Restaurant in Lagos Condemns Closure by FG, Says Gov't Lied Against It by Gabbriell: 11:43am On Mar 16, 2020
Perfecttouchade:
We no know who to believe now..we've always known our government to be liar and as for China, we saabi Dem as racist true true..my people, who u go believe now?

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Chinese Restaurant in Lagos Condemns Closure by FG, Says Gov't Lied Against It by Nobody: 11:48am On Mar 16, 2020
most people who have issues of racism or poor service always make sure they film it.
nothing of the sort happened here.
for all you know it could be a case of nigerians doing what we sometimes do - turning a restaurant to a business meeting place.

1 Like

Re: Chinese Restaurant in Lagos Condemns Closure by FG, Says Gov't Lied Against It by giftedben: 11:50am On Mar 16, 2020
I noticed recently some government agencies going after Chinese businesses. It will be too bad for foreigners to feel uncomfortable doing business in this country. All I can see is a successful business that some bad eggs wants to fold, out of envy or bribe.

1 Like

Re: Chinese Restaurant in Lagos Condemns Closure by FG, Says Gov't Lied Against It by OYAY(m): 11:53am On Mar 16, 2020
Avail us the video or pictures of Nigerians that has eaten in your restaurant nah!!! Case close
Re: Chinese Restaurant in Lagos Condemns Closure by FG, Says Gov't Lied Against It by Guestlander: 12:34pm On Mar 16, 2020
omoharry:
There is something wrong with you.If you are a Nigerian, then you must be suffering from Mental slavery.This is what happens when you work with Chinese and Indians.They strips off all dignity you have as a human being and you will begin to reason the way you have been conditioned to.How on earth can you justify a foreign restaurant telling your own race in their own country that they are not wanted in a Chinese restaurant or more like we do not sell to Nigerians,if they wish to dine? Do you feel ok with that? have you been totally striped off your dignity for you not to known when you are been discriminated against in your own country by a foreigner national?
Wait, so you are saying that as long as Nigerians are not wanted in a Chinese restaurant, so there no big deal and we shouldn't make any issue about it since it is their restaurant..This is what was obtainable in racist countries like America, S/A (in the day of Apartheid) , Brazil and other racist countries.
but not here..what we have here is tribalism and nepotism..but not outright ban on a particular tribe not to access a place or mingle among other tribes becos they are seen as vermin .I believe you are a chinko

You didn't answer the question of whether they have refused to serve Nigerians for the past 20 years they have been in Nigeria.
If this is a one off situation then they should have been given the opportunity to explain their own side.
Re: Chinese Restaurant in Lagos Condemns Closure by FG, Says Gov't Lied Against It by ehissi(m): 12:52pm On Mar 16, 2020
Passionate888:
Ikenna Emewu media officer of HUAFEI.. IPOB man

This emewu guy na really Ewu!!

When they were refusing to give food to Nigerians who wanted to eat in, they thought they were wise.

Nonsense and Ewu......
Re: Chinese Restaurant in Lagos Condemns Closure by FG, Says Gov't Lied Against It by Jaqenhghar: 12:56pm On Mar 16, 2020
FrLukas:

Lol.

I no wan dey show myself ni. tongue
A wealthy Nigerian man not wanting to show himself. I am not sure you are Nigerian. Abeg go find your real country cheesy
Re: Chinese Restaurant in Lagos Condemns Closure by FG, Says Gov't Lied Against It by Nobody: 1:33pm On Mar 16, 2020
Jaqenhghar:

A wealthy Nigerian man not wanting to show himself. I am not sure you are Nigerian. Abeg go find your real country cheesy

grin grin
Re: Chinese Restaurant in Lagos Condemns Closure by FG, Says Gov't Lied Against It by GermanMelania: 2:13pm On Mar 16, 2020
Bo bo of life.

Let me just leave this here

1 Like

Re: Chinese Restaurant in Lagos Condemns Closure by FG, Says Gov't Lied Against It by panache01: 3:06pm On Mar 16, 2020
why will i believe the nonsense a Chinese man is saying. as bad as our government is, they are better of a smiling Chinese person. When they are been corrected of wrong dealings, they see it as been bullied. Well, i want blame them if not for the kind of country we find our self in, who are they to demand for apologies. i love what Denmark did to them: after posting a china's flag, changing the stars to corona virus, the Chinese felt bullied and demanded for apologies. Denmark said they see no reason to apologize because they is freedom to draw whatever in their country.

LosC:

https://dailypost.ng/2020/03/15/fccpc-nigerian-govt-lied-against-us-chinese-restaurant-condemns-closure/
Re: Chinese Restaurant in Lagos Condemns Closure by FG, Says Gov't Lied Against It by luluman: 3:07pm On Mar 16, 2020
chiiraq802:
They demanded for unreserved apology from the FCCPC
Send this chinko's back to Wuhan grin
I blame the Igbo among them. After all they never see anything good in Nigerria.

1 Like

Re: Chinese Restaurant in Lagos Condemns Closure by FG, Says Gov't Lied Against It by luluman: 3:09pm On Mar 16, 2020
Passionate888:
Ikenna Emewu media officer of HUAFEI.. IPOB man
That's the person teaching them all this rubbish against Nigeria now, nobi Igbo?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

TLcakeboulevard's Cake For Africa Day Cake Collaboration / Meal On A Budget For Now Till Salary Enters. Turned Out Just D Way I Like It. / A Male Nairalander Cooking Jollof Rice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.