Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,135 members, 7,818,422 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:05 PM

Diri Seeks Another Loan From CBN For Bayelsa Farmers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Diri Seeks Another Loan From CBN For Bayelsa Farmers (558 Views)

Nigerian Army Colonel Demands Investigation After N270m Payment From CBN / New Naira: Falana Knocks CBN For Disobeying Supreme Court Order / Jonathan Government Used Bullion Vans To Move N67.2bn From CBN (Throwback] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Diri Seeks Another Loan From CBN For Bayelsa Farmers by JosEast(m): 6:06am On Mar 16, 2020
Barely three weeks after the Bayelsa State House of Assembly approved N2.9 billion loan for Governor Douye Diri to purchase operational vehicles for principal officers; he is expecting agriculture loan from the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) for farmers in the state. Governor Douye Diri, who disclosed this when representatives of 24 political parties under the aegis of the state chapter of the Inter-Party Council (IPAC) visited him at the Government House, Yenagoa, said the loan facility would promote farming and other agricultural activities in the state. Diri was sworn-in on February 14, 2020, following the Supreme Court judgment that ousted the former governor-elect, Chief David Lyon due to multiple names in the credentials of his deputy, Senator Biobarakuma Degi-Eremienyo.

The Acting Chief Press Secretary to the governor, Daniel Alabrah in a statement on Sunday said that Governor Diri has vowed not to play politics with the loan, stressing that stringent measures would be put in place to ensure that only farmers are the beneficiaries. He advised the political class to steer clear of the CBN loan, noting that politicians that own farms were qualified to obtain it.

He said the state’s Ministry of Agriculture and Natural Resources would go round the state to verify farmers and their claims before disbursing the loan, saying the primary target is to promote food sufficiency and diversification of the local economy through production to boost the internally generated revenue. He said: “We have been moving for the CBN agriculture loan. Very soon it will come to us. I’m sure in the next one week we will have it.”

Read more: https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/diri-seeks-another-loan-from-cbn-for-bayelsa-farmers.html
Re: Diri Seeks Another Loan From CBN For Bayelsa Farmers by muykem: 6:14am On Mar 16, 2020
Na waooo. This is what supreme court has caused. Where are the farmers in Bayelsa state for God sake?

2 Likes

Re: Diri Seeks Another Loan From CBN For Bayelsa Farmers by otokx(m): 6:27am On Mar 16, 2020
muykem:
Na waooo. This is what supreme court has caused. Where are the farmers in Bayelsa state for God sake?

Maybe he meant Fishermen

1 Like

Re: Diri Seeks Another Loan From CBN For Bayelsa Farmers by fyneguy: 6:28am On Mar 16, 2020
muykem:

lol
Re: Diri Seeks Another Loan From CBN For Bayelsa Farmers by Nobody: 6:33am On Mar 16, 2020
otokx:

Maybe he meant Fishermen
there are farmers in bayelsa state.
there are higher grounds in bayelsa state where people farm

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Diri Seeks Another Loan From CBN For Bayelsa Farmers by Nobody: 6:34am On Mar 16, 2020
muykem:
your type seems to think bayelsa is all water?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Diri Seeks Another Loan From CBN For Bayelsa Farmers by helinues: 6:37am On Mar 16, 2020
Out of interest matter
Re: Diri Seeks Another Loan From CBN For Bayelsa Farmers by lilprinze: 6:55am On Mar 16, 2020
I don't blame him it's supreme court i blame for all this nonsense.
Re: Diri Seeks Another Loan From CBN For Bayelsa Farmers by nengibo: 7:21am On Mar 16, 2020
otokx:

Maybe he meant Fishermen
Bayelsa used to farm rice before, i don't know if that's still the case

1 Like

Re: Diri Seeks Another Loan From CBN For Bayelsa Farmers by nengibo: 7:22am On Mar 16, 2020
Lostz:
your type seems to think bayelsa is all water?
They think Bayelsa is like Vernice

1 Like

Re: Diri Seeks Another Loan From CBN For Bayelsa Farmers by merit455(m): 7:23am On Mar 16, 2020
lilprinze:
I don't blame him it's supreme court i blame for all this nonsense.
And who will you blame for Buhari heavy loan?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Diri Seeks Another Loan From CBN For Bayelsa Farmers by donbachi(m): 7:28am On Mar 16, 2020
Wey him 4 talk sey him need d loan for fishermen...to enable dem buy world class fishing boat and nets.
Re: Diri Seeks Another Loan From CBN For Bayelsa Farmers by Opexzy: 7:30am On Mar 16, 2020
Loan is not a bad thing when it's meant for capital projects and some other economy facilitator projects... But when you borrow money to buy car... You are simply stupid if your aim is not to make money from it.

1 Like

Re: Diri Seeks Another Loan From CBN For Bayelsa Farmers by BlackfireX: 7:51am On Mar 16, 2020
Loan governor.

1 Like

Re: Diri Seeks Another Loan From CBN For Bayelsa Farmers by clarocuzioo(m): 9:44am On Mar 16, 2020
Well, what do I say, they learnt it from the man in Abuja.

Borrowing funds that will later be looted.

Rubbish all these politicians are bunch of theives (APC, PDP, ETC)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Diri Seeks Another Loan From CBN For Bayelsa Farmers by Salvador1: 11:14am On Mar 16, 2020
This man is clueless I swear

Like hope uzodimma like Diri Douye.

All this accidental governor.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs The United States On Coronavirus / Nnamdi Kanu Slams Buhari Amid Coronavirus, Makes Fresh Claims / COVID-19: Kaduna To Prosecute 2 Islamic Clerics For ‘conducting’ Congregational

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.