Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,062 members, 7,810,956 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:26 PM

Nigerian Army Colonel Demands Investigation After N270m Payment From CBN - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Army Colonel Demands Investigation After N270m Payment From CBN (61658 Views)

"Was It An Inside Job?" - Fani-kayode Demands Investigation Into Airforce Crash / Colonel SB onifade, A Nigerian Army Colonel Kidnapped by Bandits / Sowore: Body Of SANs Knocks Nigerian Government, Demands Investigation Into Cour (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Army Colonel Demands Investigation After N270m Payment From CBN by Islie: 9:17pm On May 19, 2023
A senior officer of the Nigerian Army recently received more than one-quarter of a billion naira from the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN).

DAILY POST exclusively obtained a copy of the two-page letter written to the Army authority and the screenshot of the N270,000,000 credit alert enclosed as evidence.

Colonel MS (surname and service number withheld) addressed a memo dated April 14, 2023, to the Commandant of the Army War College (WU Bassey Barracks) in Asokoro, Abuja.

Titled “Request For Investigation Into The Payment Of Large Sum of Money Into My Salary Account”, he recalled receiving the money on April 3.

The Colonel’s bank account was credited with N270,000,000 paid through the CBN Alert System (reference number withheld).

The officer explained that he decided to call the attention of his superiors due to the alarming rate of fraud perpetrated in some government institutions.

“Sir, to the best of my knowledge, my emolument is by no way close to the amount paid, and I am not entitled to such payment from the CBN.

“Additionally, going by the current trend of financial fraud and sharp practices by various institutions, this raises alarm and concern for me,” he wrote.

The Colonel urged the Commandant to uncover the motive behind the payment “with a view to formally reverse it to the Federal Government coffers”.

Although it is early to speculate, a thorough probe is expected to reveal why the CBN erroneously transferred such a huge amount to a personal account.

Speaking on Friday on condition of anonymity, an officer at the War College told DAILY POST that the Army institution received the petition.

The serviceperson, who said the Commandant had already swung into action, praised the Colonel for displaying patriotism and putting the armed forces in a good light.

“I can confirm that the Commandant is working on the matter; he has informed higher authorities for further action”, he disclosed.

“The officer has done very well and we commend him for his honesty. This would no doubt go a very long way in helping the system.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/dailypost.ng/2023/05/19/nigerian-army-colonel-demands-investigation-after-n270m-payment-from-cbn/%3famp=1

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Army Colonel Demands Investigation After N270m Payment From CBN by Iruchi: 9:21pm On May 19, 2023
One oga must have mistakenly transfered his own loot from the defence budget into the wrong account

352 Likes 30 Shares

Re: Nigerian Army Colonel Demands Investigation After N270m Payment From CBN by silvoclaira: 9:24pm On May 19, 2023
It is a gift from me to the officer.

He should ask ALFA THE POS guy how far?!

26 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Nigerian Army Colonel Demands Investigation After N270m Payment From CBN by Melody5: 9:25pm On May 19, 2023
EFCC will still reloot the money

178 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Nigerian Army Colonel Demands Investigation After N270m Payment From CBN by SpecialAdviser(m): 9:25pm On May 19, 2023
grin grin Useless APC supporters where are thouuu. Stewpid people

145 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Nigerian Army Colonel Demands Investigation After N270m Payment From CBN by Ireportlive: 9:29pm On May 19, 2023
Emefiele and the Military are running some kind of shady deals

That was how soldiers turned his bodyguard when a court ordered his arrest

71 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Nigerian Army Colonel Demands Investigation After N270m Payment From CBN by Justiceleague1: 9:33pm On May 19, 2023
Ireportlive:
Emefiele and the Military are running some kind of shady deals

That was how soldiers turned his bodyguard when a court ordered his arrest
You hardly know that this your post also indicts buhari cos his the commander in chief of the armed forces..we know you don't know cos you must attack the Igbos at all cost

217 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Nigerian Army Colonel Demands Investigation After N270m Payment From CBN by YinkaOlusesi16(m): 9:34pm On May 19, 2023
That emefiele should be get arrested.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Army Colonel Demands Investigation After N270m Payment From CBN by MrBanner(m): 10:00pm On May 19, 2023
Re: Nigerian Army Colonel Demands Investigation After N270m Payment From CBN by QRwise: 10:00pm On May 19, 2023
Imagine

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army Colonel Demands Investigation After N270m Payment From CBN by flexyrule(m): 10:00pm On May 19, 2023
Kai

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army Colonel Demands Investigation After N270m Payment From CBN by KingOfIsoko1: 10:01pm On May 19, 2023
Justiceleague1:

You hardly know that this your post also indicts buhari cos his the commander in chief of the armed forces..we know you don't know cos you must attack the Igbos at all cost
that poster did not finish sec sch blv me

69 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Nigerian Army Colonel Demands Investigation After N270m Payment From CBN by GBKDP12: 10:01pm On May 19, 2023
Money missed road

9 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army Colonel Demands Investigation After N270m Payment From CBN by Creditalerts: 10:01pm On May 19, 2023
Kworoption and APC are twins

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Army Colonel Demands Investigation After N270m Payment From CBN by davillian(m): 10:01pm On May 19, 2023
Le get some kind money way go enter your account fear go catch you only if you have a good mind.....
That Alfa pos no fear he blow him own money lmao....

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Army Colonel Demands Investigation After N270m Payment From CBN by Cutehector(m): 10:01pm On May 19, 2023
angry
Re: Nigerian Army Colonel Demands Investigation After N270m Payment From CBN by OB7Foreva(m): 10:02pm On May 19, 2023
Ayy why wasn't it my account, Make I hit another city go live my best life sad

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army Colonel Demands Investigation After N270m Payment From CBN by nairalanda1(m): 10:03pm On May 19, 2023
Some jokers would advice him to take the money

10 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army Colonel Demands Investigation After N270m Payment From CBN by smokinloud(m): 10:04pm On May 19, 2023
Perhaps, someone wan use hin account cashout!.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Army Colonel Demands Investigation After N270m Payment From CBN by goodnessme1(f): 10:04pm On May 19, 2023
Ok
Re: Nigerian Army Colonel Demands Investigation After N270m Payment From CBN by leisuretym: 10:05pm On May 19, 2023
Could it be that Emefiele is funding a military coup? Emefiele need to start talking right now

17 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Nigerian Army Colonel Demands Investigation After N270m Payment From CBN by lexy2014: 10:07pm On May 19, 2023
Iruchi:
One oga must have mistakenly transfered his own loot from the defence budget into the wrong account

Exactly.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army Colonel Demands Investigation After N270m Payment From CBN by OldLions11: 10:07pm On May 19, 2023
Too bad
Re: Nigerian Army Colonel Demands Investigation After N270m Payment From CBN by Oluromantic: 10:07pm On May 19, 2023
This is not just about patriotism. The guy is trying to secure his job and name by speaking out before he is caught for what he doesn't understand. What will be levied against him is ....a civil servant should not have this sum of money in his account
....when you received it and it was strange to you, why didn't you report it.. bla bla

He's able to foresee and he's taking actions against impending trouble. I know there will be some nigerians reading this and saying ...what an idiot, why will he report it? Why can't he just resign and run with it. Truth is he will be arrested later.

However, i hope he won't be assassinated for this report because it's likely that some of these bosses he reported to know about it

55 Likes 5 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Sit-At-Home In Awka: Residents Obey Soludo (Photos) / What We Will Do If Border Closure Remains –Ghana Traders Union / Soludo's Wife, Nonye's Weight Loss Transformation Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.