Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,386 members, 7,815,818 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:50 PM

Have You Ever Called Your Dad To Tell Him You Love Him? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Have You Ever Called Your Dad To Tell Him You Love Him? (1865 Views)

My Brothers Wife Is Cheating, Do I Tell Him Or Mind My Business / Have You Also Called Your Father Today? (photos) / Have You Called Your Mum Today? (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Ever Called Your Dad To Tell Him You Love Him? by theakinakinboye(m): 7:36am On Mar 16, 2020
[img]https://1.bp..com/-LbQMiNLI7Ks/Xl_UnqCYPDI/AAAAAAAAAHM/R2hjUfBZZggjU5cOFY199vUEd12YqcK1ACLcBGAsYHQ/s1600/I%2BLove%2BYou%2BDad.jpg[/img]

If you have a father that was there for you when you needed him most (growing up), count yourself lucky! Some fathers are never home, some keep their love locked away, and some are abusive.

Great dads help to raise great children. From bedtime storyteller to working tirelessly in ensuring that the family gets the best things in life. Someone has to put food on the table, even if he's not there to eat it. Whether he's rich or poor, black or white, the Father wants to provide for his offspring.

So many great dads around the world give their children the structure, security and self-confidence they need to be healthy, well-balanced individuals.

Often times, mother's gets all the credit. A man once joked about the special songs children composed to praise their mothers. But for the fathers, it is hard to identify a song that is specially dedicated to them. A song that appreciates their sacrifice, their love, and support.

Do not get me wrong, there is zero competition. Moms are precious, and we appreciates them (of course we do). However, father's are precious too. To so many children out there, their fathers is their hero, their shoulder that they stand on to see farther into life. Standing on their father's shoulder helped them to make life decisions that shaped them to be who they are today. While for some others, their father's was never around. He was not the father they've wished for.

The truth is, most men want to be good fathers, but some need help getting there. Many face barriers such as unemployment, lack of a positive parenting role model, or legal issues. No matter how terrible your father was, forgive him. And for those who have the best dad in the world, appreciate their efforts. If your father is alive, I dare you to give him a call today. Just tell him how much you love him and how much you appreciate the sacrifices he had to pay to get you to the level that you are today.

Source: https://www.theakinakinboye.com/2020/03/have-you-ever-called-your-dad-to-tell.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Called Your Dad To Tell Him You Love Him? by Lawgod247: 8:24am On Mar 16, 2020
ok
Re: Have You Ever Called Your Dad To Tell Him You Love Him? by Omololaeni(f): 11:56am On Mar 16, 2020
Ones in 5years

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Called Your Dad To Tell Him You Love Him? by ImaIma1(f): 12:11pm On Mar 16, 2020
A lot of dads act too uptight and stiff that saying I love you will just be hard to do

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Called Your Dad To Tell Him You Love Him? by Winneygirl(f): 12:25pm On Mar 16, 2020
My parents were never the 'I love you' kind.
No hugs, or mushy stuff while I was growing up.
Now, when they want to form emotional with me, I'll be like "Warris dat"? undecided undecided
We know we love ourselves!!!

9 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Called Your Dad To Tell Him You Love Him? by maynation(f): 1:02pm On Mar 16, 2020
My Dad has been my favorite since I was an infant and even till now.

I tell him I love and miss him practically every time.

7 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Called Your Dad To Tell Him You Love Him? by Nobody: 1:41pm On Mar 16, 2020
maynation:

Daddy's little girl.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Called Your Dad To Tell Him You Love Him? by Tripitaka: 2:25pm On Mar 16, 2020
I have never told my parents "I love them", even though I love them to hell and back.
I also have never told my older siblings that too, unlike my younger ones who i have told that at different occasions.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Called Your Dad To Tell Him You Love Him? by maynation(f): 5:07pm On Mar 16, 2020
FrLukas:

Daddy's little girl.

You can write that again. smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Called Your Dad To Tell Him You Love Him? by OlawaleBammie: 5:08pm On Mar 16, 2020
Av never done dat and i dont tink i will do

When am not gay.

How a won gake talk am sef? even mummy sef gan..a no dey dogrin
Re: Have You Ever Called Your Dad To Tell Him You Love Him? by Nobody: 5:10pm On Mar 16, 2020
maynation:

You can write that again. smiley

wink
Re: Have You Ever Called Your Dad To Tell Him You Love Him? by OlawaleBammie: 5:14pm On Mar 16, 2020
maynation:

Normally its easier for girls to say this stuff

even to their peers, u wil b hearing calling themselves
sweetheart, galfwend, mysweet, angel, and all other infant languages and names.

Make i hear say my friend call me sweetheart, i wil tell him mysef dat hin dey craze and need brain evaluationgrin

BTW, I TOT U HAVE DEACTIVATED THIS ACCOUNT, reason?? check the attachment below grin

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Called Your Dad To Tell Him You Love Him? by missimelda01(f): 5:15pm On Mar 16, 2020
Dear dad
I miss you so much cry

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Called Your Dad To Tell Him You Love Him? by Katier00(f): 5:16pm On Mar 16, 2020
I love my Dad but never told him that. I took after him. He was just selfless

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Called Your Dad To Tell Him You Love Him? by maynation(f): 6:06pm On Mar 16, 2020
OlawaleBammie:

Make i hear say my friend call me sweetheart, i wil tell him mysef dat hin dey craze and need brain evaluationgrin

BTW, I TOT U HAVE DEACTIVATED THIS ACCOUNT, reason?? check the attachment below
grin
At the boldened

Shey you know you are looking for trouble now ? undecided
Re: Have You Ever Called Your Dad To Tell Him You Love Him? by OlawaleBammie: 6:12pm On Mar 16, 2020
maynation:

At the boldened

Shey you know you are looking for trouble now ? undecided

makagini?? trouble ke?

Na me panelbeat dem face? Even people wey trespass u know do dem anything, just bcus am not as robust as they are u now want to override me.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Called Your Dad To Tell Him You Love Him? by IgorSyka: 7:48pm On Mar 16, 2020
[s]
FrLukas:

wink
[/s]
Re: Have You Ever Called Your Dad To Tell Him You Love Him? by Sexyliciousbri: 7:53pm On Mar 16, 2020
Never
Re: Have You Ever Called Your Dad To Tell Him You Love Him? by Nobody: 9:09pm On Mar 16, 2020
No Homo bro..

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Called Your Dad To Tell Him You Love Him? by Nobody: 9:12pm On Mar 16, 2020
Nigerian Dads?; don't worry, it will change from our generation but for now, it's an estimated 75% no for majority of young guys
Re: Have You Ever Called Your Dad To Tell Him You Love Him? by Nobody: 5:10am On Mar 17, 2020
It's impossible to say even though i love him. We weren't brought up to be saying I love you. In fact, I never really told my girlfriends that I love them. Hardly ever tell my wife now. It's just not my thing.

The funny thing is I say it daily to my kids and they say it back to me. It's the sweetest feeling in the world when your kid just walks up to you to say, "I love you dad". I may stop telling them that when they grow up though, maybe it's easier to say because they are kids.
Re: Have You Ever Called Your Dad To Tell Him You Love Him? by SlimHan(f): 5:38am On Mar 17, 2020
I only use the word I love you in the message I send to him on his birthdays. Never made any oral proclamation of such. We weren't brought up to say things like that.
We all know we love ourselves in the family.
Re: Have You Ever Called Your Dad To Tell Him You Love Him? by maynation(f): 7:26am On Mar 17, 2020
OlawaleBammie:

makagini?? trouble ke?

Na me panelbeat dem face? Even people wey trespass u know do dem anything, just bcus am not as robust as they are u now want to override me.

Bros carry your wahala and go biko.

We go catch una some other time. tongue
Re: Have You Ever Called Your Dad To Tell Him You Love Him? by Nobody: 12:15pm On Mar 17, 2020
I tell my dad I love him and I send him kisses too. same with my mum. I peck them occasionally too especially when either of use traveled and had not seen each other in a while. Then they will be like, we love you too
Re: Have You Ever Called Your Dad To Tell Him You Love Him? by theakinakinboye(m): 4:08pm On Mar 18, 2020
ImaIma1:
A lot of dads act too uptight and stiff that saying I love you will just be hard to do
You are right. Some children cannot be in the same room with their dad especially in the 90's.
Re: Have You Ever Called Your Dad To Tell Him You Love Him? by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 8:36pm On Mar 18, 2020
OlawaleBammie:

BTW, I TOT U HAVE DEACTIVATED THIS ACCOUNT, reason?? check the attachment below grin

Mo salah can't open his eyes again.

Or does he think he's inside the mosque?
Re: Have You Ever Called Your Dad To Tell Him You Love Him? by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 8:41pm On Mar 18, 2020
Wedding anniversary

Fathers day

His birthday

I tell him that through text message
Re: Have You Ever Called Your Dad To Tell Him You Love Him? by chii8(f): 8:46pm On Mar 18, 2020
Love? imagining it is awkward,we both love ourselves and we both know it.
Re: Have You Ever Called Your Dad To Tell Him You Love Him? by Jman06(m): 8:47pm On Mar 18, 2020
This was one of the reasons I cried so much the day my dad was buried... I loved my dad so much but he never knew how much I loved him till he died.
Re: Have You Ever Called Your Dad To Tell Him You Love Him? by OlawaleBammie: 9:54pm On Mar 18, 2020
OkpaNsukkaisBae:

Mo salah can't open his eyes again.

Or does he think he's inside the mosque?

Guy guy guy!!! the table has bn made stable, but u re trying to shake it again grin
Re: Have You Ever Called Your Dad To Tell Him You Love Him? by Uyi168: 9:55pm On Mar 18, 2020
In this part of the world, saying mummy /daddy I love you kinda sounds somehow...
But deep down In our heart, we loved them...

Ps, my own pops is late though..
Re: Have You Ever Called Your Dad To Tell Him You Love Him? by Lamanii22(f): 1:31am On Mar 19, 2020
No.... Can't remember the last time...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Open Marriage: To Be or not to be? / Woman And 2 Sons Living In A Toilet For 6 Years As Her Life Turns Upside-down / His Wife Doesn't Rate Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.