Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,335 members, 7,811,977 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:43 AM

Gas Cylinders Hit By A Truck Caused Explosion In Abule Ado - NNPC - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Gas Cylinders Hit By A Truck Caused Explosion In Abule Ado - NNPC (608 Views)

Woman Attempts Suicide In Abule-Egba, Rescued By Neighbours / A Man Saved From Being Robbed In Abule-Egba Lagos, Captured On CCTV / 63 Vehicles, 98 Shops Burnt In Abule Egba Pipeline Fire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gas Cylinders Hit By A Truck Caused Explosion In Abule Ado - NNPC by Hackportal(m): 7:48am On Mar 16, 2020

The management of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) has revealed that the explosion which rocked Abule Ado community of Lagos State earlier today, was caused by a truck which struck gas cylinders in the community.

In a statement released by NNPC, it was gathered that the gas cylinders which was hit by the truck were stacked in a gas processing plant located near the corporation’s system 2B Pipeline Right of Way.

The corporation explained that preliminary findings indicated that the impact of the explosion was so huge that it led to the collapse of nearby houses and damage to NNPC pipeline on which efforts are being made to curtail the resultant fire.

The Group Managing Director of NNPC, Mallam Mele Kyari and other top Management of the corporation departed for Lagos this evening for an on-the-spot assessment at the scene of the incident.

The statement reads in full;

Abule Ado Explosion: NNPC Says Fire Triggered by Gas Explosion

The Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) Sunday said that the reported explosion which rocked Abule Ado Area of Lagos State in the early hours of the day was as a result of gas explosion which occurred after a truck hit some gas cylinders stacked in a gas processing plant located near the corporation’s system 2B Pipeline Right of Way.

In a press release signed by NNPC Group General Manager, Group Public Affairs Division, Dr. Kennie Obateru, the corporation explained that preliminary findings indicated that the impact of the explosion was so huge that it led to the collapse of nearby houses and damage to NNPC pipeline on which efforts are being made to curtail the resultant fire.

The Group Managing Director of NNPC, Mallam Mele Kyari and other top Management of the corporation departed to Lagos this evening for an on-the-spot assessment at the scene of the incident.

Obateru stated that following the report of the explosion, the corporation quickly halted ongoing pumping operations on the Atlas Cove-Mosimi pipeline which was active at the time.

The release explained that NNPC had already mobilized its in-house combined team consisting of Health Safety Environment experts, Medical and Security personnel from its nearby Satellite Depot in Lagos, even as Lagos State Fire Service was also rallied to extinguish the fire.

The release said more fire firefighting personnel and equipment were mobillised from the NNPC Mosimi Area Office to provide extra fillip to the ongoing operation.

While assuring members of the public and residents of the affected communities to remain calm, the NNPC’s spokesman assured that the temporary shutdown of the petroleum products pipeline would not affect the normal supply of products to the Lagos and its environs.

He said the fire, currently burring at controlled condition, was being fought headlong, saying a detail assessment of the incident was underway to establish the extent of damage to the pipeline.

The NNPC Group Managing Director, Mallam Mele Kyari, commiserated with the victims of the incident, praying that God provides them succor at this hour.

Dr. Kennie Obateru
Group General Manager
Group Public Affairs Division
Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation
NNPC Towers
Abuja
15th March, 2020

-- Video shows heavy gas leakage from a broken down tanker in Abule Ado, allegedly hours before the eventual explosion that kilIed many residents and destroyed properties worth millons in Amuwo Odofin LGA.

Watch video Below

https://loadedpulse.com/gas-cylinders-hit-by-a-truck-caused-explosion-in-abule-ado-nnpc/

Source - https://Loadedpulse.com
Re: Gas Cylinders Hit By A Truck Caused Explosion In Abule Ado - NNPC by madridguy(m): 7:49am On Mar 16, 2020
Who is to blame for this? Who's to compensate the family of the dead victims, who will take care of the medical bill of the ones at the hospitals and people who has lost their property.
Re: Gas Cylinders Hit By A Truck Caused Explosion In Abule Ado - NNPC by Nwodosis(m): 7:52am On Mar 16, 2020
Different accounts of the incident unfortunately none can change what has happened. RIP to the Dead.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gas Cylinders Hit By A Truck Caused Explosion In Abule Ado - NNPC by EzzyCarter: 7:55am On Mar 16, 2020
angry
Re: Gas Cylinders Hit By A Truck Caused Explosion In Abule Ado - NNPC by donbachi(m): 7:59am On Mar 16, 2020
madridguy:
Who is to blame for this? Who's to compensate the family of the dead victims, who will take care of the medical bill of the ones at the hospitals and people who has lost their property.
nobody...na accident.
Re: Gas Cylinders Hit By A Truck Caused Explosion In Abule Ado - NNPC by Iyiataata92: 8:00am On Mar 16, 2020
Don't believe anything this government tell you. I was there and I saw what happened.

I will boldly say it that this was a bomb blast and the main target was Betlehem Girls College owned by the Catholic Church. Even soldiers from 81 Division said it was a bomb
A pipeline explosion where no single house was burnt?
A pipeline explosion with such quake that destroyed buildings more than one kilometer away?
A pipeline explosion that didn't spill any fire?

Even Lie Mohamed will be ashamed to tell this lie

4 Likes

Re: Gas Cylinders Hit By A Truck Caused Explosion In Abule Ado - NNPC by SenecaTheYonger: 8:04am On Mar 16, 2020
How come the shockwave of this magnitude? The only time I've felt a shockwave like this was during Ikeja bomb blast. And since then, there's been many gas and pipeline explosion, but none like this.
Re: Gas Cylinders Hit By A Truck Caused Explosion In Abule Ado - NNPC by Dreal1247: 8:09am On Mar 16, 2020
There is a serious religious cleansing going on in this country and the Government seems to either be helpless or supporting the situation. He who starts the fight at times becomes the victim. Let the blood of the helpless innocent begin to hunt the wicked plotters and executors unto death.

1 Like

Re: Gas Cylinders Hit By A Truck Caused Explosion In Abule Ado - NNPC by Homeboiy: 8:25am On Mar 16, 2020
This can't be true
Re: Gas Cylinders Hit By A Truck Caused Explosion In Abule Ado - NNPC by godkiller(m): 8:25am On Mar 16, 2020
Mallam I hail you o

How many gas cylinders did the truck hit to warrant such shockwave?

truck hit cylinder or cylinder hit truck, don't confuse me o undecided

Nna mehnnnnn
Re: Gas Cylinders Hit By A Truck Caused Explosion In Abule Ado - NNPC by Wasky101: 8:38am On Mar 16, 2020
Iyiataata92:
Don't believe anything this government tell you. I was there and I saw what happened.

I will boldly say it that this was a bomb blast and the main target was Betlehem Girls College owned by the Catholic Church. Even soldiers from 81 Division said it was a bomb
A pipeline explosion with such quake that destroyed buildings more than one kilometer away?

You are a shameless pig who goes about trying to stir up religious conflicts.
You know the truth but decide to peddle this lie to what gain. Even when the video is everywhere And yet you are calling someone lie Muhammad
Re: Gas Cylinders Hit By A Truck Caused Explosion In Abule Ado - NNPC by Iyiataata92: 8:44am On Mar 16, 2020
Wasky101:

You are a shameless pig who goes about trying to stir up religious conflicts.
You know the truth but decide to peddle this lie to what gain. Even when the video is everywhere And yet you are calling someone lie Muhammad
I don't remember mentioning any religion here. So I don't know how you managed to see the religious bigot in me. But if you were there, you'll understand what i'm saying.
No hard feelings for you bro. Human lives were lost including school girls and thats my biggest problem
Re: Gas Cylinders Hit By A Truck Caused Explosion In Abule Ado - NNPC by seankafor(m): 8:53am On Mar 16, 2020
Iyiataata92:

which one be bomb kwanu biko undecided
Suicide bomb can never have this kinda shock wave or you tryna tell me our airforce dropped it?
Re: Gas Cylinders Hit By A Truck Caused Explosion In Abule Ado - NNPC by Wasky101: 8:58am On Mar 16, 2020
Iyiataata92:

I don't remember mentioning any religion here. So I don't know how you managed to see the religious bigot in me. But if you were there, you'll understand what i'm saying.
No hard feelings for you bro. Human lives were lost including school girls and thats my biggest problem
U claim you don't know what you did there bah?
"Bomb blast and target was Bethlehem girls school owned by the Catholic"
First it wasn't a bomb blast, Bethlehem or Catholics wasn't the target.

(1) (Reply)

Photos : Man Hides Gun Inside Loaf Of Bread, Apprehended By Police In Imo / Driver, Friend, Rob And Kill Businesswoman / This Guy Is A Scam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.