Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,814 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:33 AM

What Is Your Vision For Nigeria? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is Your Vision For Nigeria? (480 Views)

Okorocha: My Vision For United Nigeria Driving Me Crazy / Osinbajo: Why We Are Promoting Modular Refineries, New Vision For Niger Delta / Buhari’s Vision For Maritime Is Massive Job Creation – Saraki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Your Vision For Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:09am On Mar 16, 2020
Let's assume you are one of the presidential candidates of the 2023 election with your face among the other faces on the ballot paper,

What will be your agenda for Nigeria?

Not just a campaign propaganda.

A real, intelligent and achievable vision for the country.

What would be your vision for all our people, their protection and their promotion among the other people of the world?

Let's stop pointing fingers and start developing ideological forums across the country.

Ideological forums are the future of.any country.

Unfortunately we only have complaints at the newspaper stands as our strongest and most pervasive ideological forum.

We could begin to change that.

When every secondary student have a personal vision for the country's future.

And every tertiary student have very strong ideological movements they belong to.

Most of these people are on nairaland and other indigenous social media platforms.

We could make better use of these platforms by designing our future together and safeguarding our tomorrow.

How do you think a nation should be?

A nation should be formed and founded?

A nation should be established and united?

A nation should be run and managed?

What are your plans for National Security?

Both in the now and in the future?

What is the best government policy that will best prosper our people economically, intellectually and financially in the shortest possible timeframe?

What is your vision for the nation's power and energy systems?

What is your plan for ICT and exploitation in the nation?

Please share as if you were in a national debate (2023?)

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Vision For Nigeria? by Witcher(f): 8:10am On Mar 16, 2020
Nigeria av no future unless we break it

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Vision For Nigeria? by Homeboiy: 8:16am On Mar 16, 2020
I can't assume being the president in 2023 cos its not possible
Re: What Is Your Vision For Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:16am On Mar 16, 2020
Witcher:

Can you give your reasons why you believe this?

Why must we break to become better seeing how those who have towed that line in Africa have fared so far?

South Sudan and Sudan are.still spinning and licking the wounds of their break off.

But if you have more facts to prove otherwise, please do share.

Let's stop the indifference to national issues and take our own future.

These leaders will not be there in 2050 (most won't) but you and I will
Re: What Is Your Vision For Nigeria? by donbachi(m): 8:20am On Mar 16, 2020
I will build a strong financial crime institution that will hand Death sentence to all past councillors,local govt chairmen,state assembly members,commissioners,governors,national assembly members/senators,ministers and presidents that stole to the tune of 100k while in office...and watch nigeria become great again.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Your Vision For Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:21am On Mar 16, 2020
Homeboiy:
I can't assume being the president in 2023 cos its not possible

If you build a very strong ideological base ams movement spanning across the 36 states of the federation by 2022.

With very loyal fans among market women and transport workers,

You.will have a very good chance sir.

Fela durotoye, sowore and co failed because they did not put the ox before the cart.

People need something to believe in.

And it's true across both The Northern and Southern divide of the country
Re: What Is Your Vision For Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:24am On Mar 16, 2020
donbachi:
I will build a strong financial crime institution that will hand Death sentence to all past councillors,local govt chairmen,state assembly members,commissioners,governors,national assembly members/senators,ministers and presidents that stole to the tune of 100k while in office...and watch nigeria become great again.

Yes sir, we do need very strong institutions

We need proposals for building strong institutions in a nation like Nigeria
Re: What Is Your Vision For Nigeria? by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 8:34am On Mar 16, 2020
My vision will be for every nigerian life to count and be valued. To restore the country to the extent every Nigerian will be proud of their motherland.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Vision For Nigeria? by RightChannel: 8:37am On Mar 16, 2020
Vision 2020
Re: What Is Your Vision For Nigeria? by Witcher(f): 8:40am On Mar 16, 2020
samuelivingston:

Why must we break to become better seeing how those who have towed that line in Africa have fared so far?

South Sudan and Sudan are.still spinning and licking the wounds of their break off.

lemme contact lamdi kalu aiwil tell u why

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Vision For Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:44am On Mar 16, 2020
RightChannel:
Vision 2020

And where did that get us sir?

A vision should not be a carrot to tame the dog.

A vision should not be a wish.

Young men are taking over the world even as we speak.

The year 2020 is a march into a new era.

We need to start thinking.

Start developing our own ideas.

So even if you don't make president, you'll be able to identify a scammer and a real leader when they both come before you for your vote
Re: What Is Your Vision For Nigeria? by RightChannel: 8:46am On Mar 16, 2020
samuelivingston:

And where did that get us sir?

A vision should not be a carrot to tame the dog.

A vision should not be a wish.

Young men are taking over the world even as we speak.

The year 2020 is a march into a new era.

We need to start thinking.

Start developing our own ideas.

So even if you don't make president, you'll be able to identify a scammer and a real leader when they both come before you for your vote

You've spoken well is just that I'm short of words

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Vision For Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:49am On Mar 16, 2020
VeeVeeMyLuv:
My vision will be for every nigerian life to count and be valued. To restore the country to the extent every Nigerian will be proud of their motherland.

Making every Nigerian life count

The Restoration of basic human dignity

How could we achieve this.

How can this be done
Re: What Is Your Vision For Nigeria? by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 8:58am On Mar 16, 2020
samuelivingston:

Making every Nigerian life count

The Restoration of basic human dignity

How could we achieve this.

How can this be done
it can be done when justice and equity is promoted

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Vision For Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:16am On Mar 16, 2020
VeeVeeMyLuv:
it can be done when justice and equity is promoted

So, sweeping Legal, Constitutional and Justice Reforms will be your priority?
Re: What Is Your Vision For Nigeria? by SoNature(m): 9:19am On Mar 16, 2020
Witcher:

I'm really impressed to see this from you

Have always thought that your brain was full of dust and APC propaganda

Well done

My response

Divide this shithole; the deceit is unbearable.

Nigerian peoples can always be partners in progress

Nigeria has not made progress since 1960

Over 100 years after amalgamation, this country is still struggling with high-level corruption, hate, tribalism and favoritism.

If a people cannot love, respect and trust one another, they have no business being a country.
Re: What Is Your Vision For Nigeria? by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 9:23am On Mar 16, 2020
samuelivingston:

So, sweeping Legal, Constitutional and Justice Reforms will be your priority?
one of the major,
If this is achieved every citizen will have a level playing field and a chance to develop individually and collectively to their full capacity and potential.

That is why I will concentrate on the human resource, which will lead to development of the entire country.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Vision For Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:55am On Mar 16, 2020
SoNature:

Well done

My response

Over 100 years after amalgamation, this country is still struggling with high-level corruption, hate, tribalism and favoritism.

If a people cannot love, respect and trust one another, they have no business being a country.

"Nigeria has not made any progress since 1960"?

Sir, please try to make your contributions backed with facts.

Were you born in 1930 sir?

How many roads were in Nigeria in 1960 and how many do we have now?

How many universities did we have in 1960 and how many do we have in 2020?

How many bridges did we have in 1960 and how many do we have in 2020 sir?

How many successful and fully Democratic elections had we done by 1960 and how many have we done now sir?

I am always appalled by how Nigerians try to play smart by half ignoring the realities on ground.

International bodies have given us kudos on our improvement (albeit slow) all through successive governments and administrations including the military.

Yes, we have corruption in our country, one of the most despicable in the world.

But even the world has not stopped to continually given us credit for improvements (though little) in our anti corruption institutions and policies.

If your only vision for your country is a break up, it means you and such other Nigerians have chosen to turn deaf ears to the voice of reason to come together and chart the way forward for all tribes, families and individuals to benefit.

It's so sad and unfortunate this coming from the youths of our nation.

Nation building takes great patience, focus and understanding to work.

Nobody can just wave a magic wand.

And pronto El Dorado is born.

No sir! It will take great patience and sacrifice for you and me to see what we want.

Just imagine this was the only mindset of Trump for his country as at1986?

Or it was Emmanuel Macron's opened opinion for France's future in 1995?

How disastrous would that be for their respective nations?

Would you please share with us the reasons why the country would and should break up?

Open dialogue and debate is a better way of promoting your ideas sir

Let's reason with facts not with our shared frustrations with the country and her current cream of leaders
Re: What Is Your Vision For Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:55am On Mar 16, 2020
An Hausa man is teaching me his language

An Igbo woman decidedly (even though in a struggle) speaks Yoruba to me just to express her love and understanding of the tribe.

An Igbo man supports an Hausa leader and a Fulani leader in 2020.

A Yoruba man has an Igbo man has his co-founder in 2020.

An Hausa man prefers the kunu from an Igbo woman's shop in 2020.

These are the realities on ground.

I am a devout believer in Christ.

One of my best friends on campus was and is a devout Muslim.

Same for my most trusted girlfriend in school.

Very devout and conservative.

Because our friendships were built on reason and the common good

We are not going to be united

We are a united Nigeria
Re: What Is Your Vision For Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:06am On Mar 16, 2020
SoNature:

Well done

My response

We can love, honour and respect each other.

We do love, honour and respect each other.

An Hausa man recently gave me a free ride without ever knowing me.

An Igbo man once gave me his hard earned money despite not knowing me personally.

In a notorious Lagos, a Nigerian helped me pick up money that dropped from my pocket without my knowing it and gave it to me.

Nigerians have paid for my meals in a restaurant that are not my tribe without soliciting their favor.

Nigerians have refused bribe in my presence.

Policemen have helped me and will continue to so.

But if the Nigeria of the newspapers and bloggers is what you want to see, then it's what you will see.

We see exactly what what we choose to see.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Vision For Nigeria? by Danzysb(m): 10:30am On Mar 16, 2020
If I was to rule this country this is what I would do.....
Ok this is mine
1.First of all,The constitution of this Country must be amended for some adjustments to be made, Then I must create a system of accountability,i.e, because I will be working on many projects,if I give any agency money for any building project they must give account if how that money was used and the we're about of the projects I asked them to embark on.
For example
The minister of health would be given resources like money and new developed vaccines,and when he is given that he must explain to me how that money was used and the where abouts of the resources that are supposed to be put in place.......
2. I would put more energy into agriculture, because for me Nigeria and the Nigerian authorities have become lazy that they are overdependent on oil.
I know that is where we get our national wealth but you must not be overdependent on it, because that's what they do.
We must look into more productions on agricultural raw materials that we could use to produce more textile,timber,Healthy livestock using genetics(breeding animals of different features but still the same specie with the goal of producing offsprings that are more healthy and maybe immune to some diseases.Fruits and vegetables,plants that can be used to produce different medicines,I know Nigeria might actually be doing these things but they are not putting more work,brains and energy to it,if they did we would be seeing good results.I would also build more Plantations for this.In essence I would try to diversify our economy......
3. Me as the president would have a personal savings account for the development of the nation and also public account.For example if there is a boom in the so called Oil,I must make a lot of savings in my personal account,and I would not be selfish with this account.We need to have a savings system in this country that is efficient because if we have an emergency like a health emergency that was not expected,We would use the resources from that savings to at least finance such.And you you can't tell me that we already have this, because if we did the issue of constant reccesion would not be so high.
4. In the Educational system I would finance and put more emphasis on practicals in Secondary and Tetiary Levels of our Educational system.There would be rapid growth in the facilities in this schools and Universities.I would seek to revive immediately the facilities that need repair and reconstruction.They would be the upgrading of our curriculum, because truly when you check and compair ours with countries in Europe and even in some African countries,theirs is way ahead of our own curriculum and even the knowledge.
5. I would encourage vocational studies,They would be many vocational schools for teaching our youths on how to go about their personal careers with practical ways to do so,because overdependence on white collar jobs is not worth it.
6. I would encourage every region to look into and work on their resources with my help though,for example,the west(Yoruba land)The east(Igbo land),the South south, Middle belt,North East, North west, would work on their various natural and human resources,and also their infrastructures,so that each region would know what there working on......By this way we would be getting good returns from each region based on resources and we would export more of this products after they've been processed and also after we've out most of them to use.
7 .We must export more and import less,because in this country we export toomuch even toothpicks,they're must be tarrifs and quotas which would aid in giving a limit to the size of imports that should be acceptable in the country.
8. There must be rail ways in Every region and there must be bridges where there is meant to be one,because I don't know what is holding them from completing the construction on the 2nd Niger bridge.....

My humble opinion though....... cool

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Vision For Nigeria? by Danzysb(m): 10:34am On Mar 16, 2020
And again there would be institutions that would give criminals no breathing space... Still more to come though
Re: What Is Your Vision For Nigeria? by gidgiddy: 10:35am On Mar 16, 2020
samuelivingston:

You are using South Sudan as an example? Why not use Czech Republic, Estonia and East Timor who all broke out of the original country that they used to belong to and are today doing well?

Nigeria was just a British colonial experiment to see if the ethnic nationalities that were brought together could forge a progressive union. That experiment has long failed. If after 105 years as a country and 60 years of independence, we are still asking how we come up with a vision for Nigeria then it means Nigeria has been a waste of time.

Nigeria has no unifying factor, no national philosophy and no common value system. How an Igbo man sees Nigeria is not Hausa/Fulani man sees Nigeria, nor is it how a Yoruba man sees it. Out of all that chaos, some people are still hoping that miracle will happen

It is time for all Nigerians to face the fact that not all unions will be successful. Not all marriages will work and Nigeria can never work.

The only vision for Nigeria is disintegration so that the component units can manage their lands and resources for their better tomorrow
Re: What Is Your Vision For Nigeria? by orisa37: 10:40am On Mar 16, 2020
STOP RIFA IN ALL ITS RAMIFICATIONS.
APPLY PREC WITH ALL LEGITIMACIES.

RIFA IS RUGA, ISLAMISATION FULANISATION AND ANARCHY.

PREC IS POLICING RESOURCING AND ELECTIONEERING CONTROL.
Re: What Is Your Vision For Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:03am On Mar 16, 2020
gidgiddy:

You are using South Sudan as an example? Why not use Czech Republic, Estonia and East Timor who all broke out of the original country that they used to belong to and are today doing well?

Nigeria was just a British colonial experiment to see if the ethnic nationalities that were brought together could forge a progressive union. That experiment has long failed. If after 105 years as a country and 60 years of independence, we are still asking how we come up with a vision for Nigeria then it means Nigeria has been a waste of time.

Nigeria has no unifying factor, no national philosophy and no common value system. How an Igbo man sees Nigeria is not Hausa/Fulani man sees Nigeria, nor is it how a Yoruba man sees it. Out of all that chaos, some people are still hoping that miracle will happen

It is time for all Nigerians to face the fact that not all unions will be successful. Not all marriages will work and Nigeria can never work.

The only vision for Nigeria is disintegration so that the component units can manage their lands and resources for their better tomorrow

Ok, my boss

Why did you go to Europe sir?

Why did you not stay in Africa to pick a sample?

You know why, we are too immature in our knowledge and mastery of nation building!

Europeans have been at this game for 1000s of years sir.

We are still learning work.

They gave us all our ideas of governance and political institutions.

My ancestors didn't know jack about nations and nation building.

They were more concerned about protecting their tribes and the interests which unfortunately hasn't changed till date.

The British political experiment as you call it hasn't failed.

It has endured a nasty and bloody civil war plus deadly military coups and military governments and has risen out of it all to be the nation where a German Chancellor will visit one day and the next it is the British Prime Minister all to seek our hands in partnership.

Same European champions.

Obviously both women leaders saw what the average Nigerian on the street cannot see about his own country.

I am not an average Nigerian and
I am not on the street.

Because I chose not to so be.

Disintegration is not a vision by true leaders.

It is an questionable elixir offered by opportunists.

1 Like

Re: What Is Your Vision For Nigeria? by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 12:15pm On Mar 16, 2020
samuelivingston:

Ok, my boss

Very true
Re: What Is Your Vision For Nigeria? by gidgiddy: 12:52pm On Mar 16, 2020
samuelivingston:

Ok, my boss

You know why, we are too immature in our knowledge and mastery of nation building!

Europeans have been at this game for 1000s of years sir.

We are still learning work.

They gave us all our ideas of governance and political institutions.

My ancestors didn't know jack about nations and nation building.

They were more concerned about protecting their tribes and the interests which unfortunately hasn't changed till date.

The British political experiment as you call it hasn't failed.

It has endured a nasty and bloody civil war plus deadly military coups and military governments and has risen out of it all to be the nation where a German Chancellor will visit one day and the next it is the British Prime Minister all to seek our hands in partnership.

Same European champions.

Obviously both women leaders saw what the average Nigerian on the street cannot see about his own country.

I am not an average Nigerian and
I am not on the street.

Because I chose not to so be.

Disintegration is not a vision by true leaders.

In another 100 years, your grand children will still be looking for the vision of Nigeria

What does not work, will not work.
Re: What Is Your Vision For Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:47pm On Mar 16, 2020
gidgiddy:

In another 100 years, your grand children will still be looking for the vision of Nigeria

What does not work, will not work.

So it's ipob that will work?

And upon will not need any vision nor any leaders because it's more perfect than even El Dorado.

Keep up the faith
Re: What Is Your Vision For Nigeria? by Viktom(m): 12:08pm On Mar 31, 2020
donbachi:

Nice idea you have here dude

(1) (Reply)

Convicted Senator Uzo Kalu Loses Again: / Nigeria Will Go Into Recession If COVID-19 Continues Beyond Six Months – Financ / Why Do Some Nigerians Call Indians 'SIR'???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.