Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,224 members, 7,815,279 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:10 AM

6 Soldiers Killed In Boko Haram Ambush In Banki, Borno State - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 6 Soldiers Killed In Boko Haram Ambush In Banki, Borno State (31421 Views)

Lt Col AH ALI: Pictures Of One Of The Soldiers Before The Ambush In Delta / 22 Soldiers Killed In Ambush In Delta State Community Graphics Warning. / Colonel D.C. Bako Dies After Boko Haram Ambush. Army Confirms Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 Soldiers Killed In Boko Haram Ambush In Banki, Borno State by Kwanza: 9:48am On Mar 16, 2020
Suspected members of the Boko Haram on Sunday morning ambushed Nigerian troops in Banki area of Borno State killing six soldiers.

Military sources confirmed that the attack occurred close to Banki junction.

PREMIUM TIMES is withholding the identities of the slain soldiers to allow the army brief the families. However, the victims, members of the 151 Task Force battalion, include two sergeants, two lance corporals and two privates.

“We lost six soldiers to Boko Haram terrorists this morning. The guys came unexpectedly with sophisticated weapons,” an army officer in Borno said, asking not to be named for fear of victimisation.

Banki is 130 km southeast of Maiduguri, the Borno state capital. Apart from the original residents, the community also houses some 45,000 people displaced by the Boko Haram violence.

When contacted on the attack, the army spokesperson Sagir Musa said he has no information about it.

“I don’t know what you want me to confirm because as I speak to you I’m not in Nigeria. I’m on course in London. Thank you,” he said.

Sunday’s attack in Banki is the latest in a string of attacks by the terror group on Borno communities.

The Boko Haram insurgency in Northern Nigeria has caused over 30,000 deaths and displaced millions of others, mainly in Adamawa, Borno and Yobe states, according to the United Nations.

The Nigerian military has been able to limit the activities of the terror group to the three North-eastern states. However, the group is still able to carry out attacks on civilian and military targets in those three states.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/382068-six-nigerian-soldiers-killed-in-boko-haram-ambush.html

1 Like

Re: 6 Soldiers Killed In Boko Haram Ambush In Banki, Borno State by cRobo: 10:00am On Mar 16, 2020
I am tired of typing R.I.P. for our gallant soldier

They deserve better

High time for Nigeria Govt. to contract private security to tackle insecurity

Well

I won't say a word

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Soldiers Killed In Boko Haram Ambush In Banki, Borno State by donbachi(m): 10:04am On Mar 16, 2020
Soldiers killed and buried...boko harm members caught and be rehabilitated...anything again?

119 Likes 10 Shares

Re: 6 Soldiers Killed In Boko Haram Ambush In Banki, Borno State by pbethel: 10:08am On Mar 16, 2020
God in heaven please put an end to this terrorism in Nigeria

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Soldiers Killed In Boko Haram Ambush In Banki, Borno State by Omnivalent(m): 10:15am On Mar 16, 2020
All these boko haram ambush are as a result of traitors in the millitary camp and as well as those giving the rescue informations to the soldiers.
I could remember, the day my town's person who is in the military told us of their experience in maiduguri, of how they were informed by a police officer that the boko haram has threatened to attack a certain place. On hearing this, they rushed to the village in disguise in order to overtake them, so as to reduce the rate of life loss in the village. But to their greatest suprise it was a death trap.
A few meters into the village, the boko haram bandits opened fire on their bus.
How did these guys know that it were soldiers that were inside the bus, even without them wearing military uniform?
After a successful defeat, two of out of them were captured alive, while others died, along with 3 of their soldiers.
After much drilling, the captured bandits opened up that information got to them via the police officer.
wink
The police officer was later killed though.

60 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 6 Soldiers Killed In Boko Haram Ambush In Banki, Borno State by EzzyCarter: 11:24am On Mar 16, 2020
sad
Re: 6 Soldiers Killed In Boko Haram Ambush In Banki, Borno State by Ojiofor: 12:17pm On Mar 16, 2020
Omnivalent:
All these boko haram ambush are as a result of traitors in the millitary camp and as well as those giving the rescue informations to the soldiers.
I could remember, the day my town's person who is in the military told us of their experience in maiduguri, of how they were informed by a police officer that the boko haram has threatened to attack a certain place. On hearing this, they rushed to the village in disguise in order to overtake them, so as to reduce the rate of life loss in the village. But to their greatest suprise it was a death trap.
How did these guys know that it were soldiers that were inside the bus, even without them wearing military uniform?
After a successful defeat, two of out of them were captured alive, while others died, along with 3 of their soldiers.
After much drilling, the captured bandits opened up that information got to them via the police officer.
wink

Rehabilitated Boko Haram members in army.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Soldiers Killed In Boko Haram Ambush In Banki, Borno State by QuickStandard: 1:23pm On Mar 16, 2020
Not again.
Too many bad things has happened this year.
This wasn't what we expected the vision 2020 to be like.

I pray we all will not be victims of evil this year.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 6 Soldiers Killed In Boko Haram Ambush In Banki, Borno State by shiki(m): 1:23pm On Mar 16, 2020
How I wish one day those soldiers will get one mind and tell FG that WE ARE NOT DOING AGAIN, if you don't equip us well

3 Likes

Re: 6 Soldiers Killed In Boko Haram Ambush In Banki, Borno State by sotall(m): 1:23pm On Mar 16, 2020
R.I.P gallant soldiers
Re: 6 Soldiers Killed In Boko Haram Ambush In Banki, Borno State by Bjsam01: 1:24pm On Mar 16, 2020
it is well.
Re: 6 Soldiers Killed In Boko Haram Ambush In Banki, Borno State by Ruggedniggaone: 1:24pm On Mar 16, 2020
soldiers go soldiers come bubu and Nigeria still remain the same I can't lay down my life for this useless con3 if not unemployment what will make a sane person join Nigeria army who is fighting bokoharam with stick and 5 bullets inside old ak47 that can't work for 30 minutes consecutively while bokoharam have sophisticated weapons like America soldiers anyway r.I.p to those soldiers stop joining Nigeria army because you wanna escape poverty your life is precious to your family let northerners and those useless generals that are benefiting from this war recruit their children into Nigeria army and send them to fight bokoharam it was created by them they must know how to solve it or they should just cede those 3 state to them and let the rest of us move on

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Soldiers Killed In Boko Haram Ambush In Banki, Borno State by Slawormir: 1:24pm On Mar 16, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr

Too bad

3 Likes

Re: 6 Soldiers Killed In Boko Haram Ambush In Banki, Borno State by BruncleZuma: 1:25pm On Mar 16, 2020
embarassed
Re: 6 Soldiers Killed In Boko Haram Ambush In Banki, Borno State by DrChukki: 1:25pm On Mar 16, 2020
Is a pity our innocent soldiers are dying for what they know nothing about, while the people pioneering this insurgency are in Abuja signing billions into their pockets all in the name of fighting insurgency.

A military personnel once told me never to expect Boko Haram to end because that's an avenue created by some people to make money. And I guess that's true.

In case you want to join Nigeria Army as a recruit, I don't mean to spoil your dream but think again.

4 Likes

Re: 6 Soldiers Killed In Boko Haram Ambush In Banki, Borno State by MrBachelor: 1:25pm On Mar 16, 2020
Very unfortunate.

It always seems like the terrorists have better Intel than the military.
Re: 6 Soldiers Killed In Boko Haram Ambush In Banki, Borno State by ForeThinker: 1:25pm On Mar 16, 2020
Disheartening

1Billion $ still in Voice Mail

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Soldiers Killed In Boko Haram Ambush In Banki, Borno State by Nackzy: 1:25pm On Mar 16, 2020
Buhari is working
Re: 6 Soldiers Killed In Boko Haram Ambush In Banki, Borno State by Nobody: 1:26pm On Mar 16, 2020
Nawa this country sef angry
Re: 6 Soldiers Killed In Boko Haram Ambush In Banki, Borno State by Nobody: 1:26pm On Mar 16, 2020
oya pigs, come do wetin una know ao to do best, come drink shayo n celebrate on top d news. if to say na news say soldiers kill boko haram members. we go don dey read, 'audio killings, where d pictures dey? who get d video , but now, dem pigs no need pics. or videos..foolish miscreants

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Soldiers Killed In Boko Haram Ambush In Banki, Borno State by qualityovenbake(m): 1:26pm On Mar 16, 2020
Rip to the fallen heroes.
Re: 6 Soldiers Killed In Boko Haram Ambush In Banki, Borno State by Flexherbal(m): 1:26pm On Mar 16, 2020
May their souls, rest in peace !
Re: 6 Soldiers Killed In Boko Haram Ambush In Banki, Borno State by Sunnycliff(m): 1:27pm On Mar 16, 2020
I have stopped typing RIP to those bokoharam killed because the FG is an accomplice
Re: 6 Soldiers Killed In Boko Haram Ambush In Banki, Borno State by dalass(f): 1:27pm On Mar 16, 2020
Not again!

If you check out those ambushed, they will be Southerners

RIP to the slain soldiers lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: 6 Soldiers Killed In Boko Haram Ambush In Banki, Borno State by INTEGRITYA1(m): 1:28pm On Mar 16, 2020
They said Boko Haram have been defeated.

RIP
Re: 6 Soldiers Killed In Boko Haram Ambush In Banki, Borno State by iHart(m): 1:28pm On Mar 16, 2020
Omnivalent:
wink

1 Like

Re: 6 Soldiers Killed In Boko Haram Ambush In Banki, Borno State by dadebayo1(m): 1:29pm On Mar 16, 2020
Corona... Our own version of corona virus grin Same BH the gallant officers will arrest and FG will end up granting amnesty to.... God help us all
Re: 6 Soldiers Killed In Boko Haram Ambush In Banki, Borno State by Nobody: 1:29pm On Mar 16, 2020
No condition is permanent though it may take alots of times to be out of it atimes, but nevertheless I dn't pray for any one here to ever see him/her self to ever be in an helpless and hopeless situation ever in your entire lifetime amen

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man Shot Dead By Suspected Cultists In Delta (Photos) / UBA, First Bank Robbed In Lapai Niger State, 2 Policemen, Banker Killed (Graphic / Vanessa Kei: "Bonaventure Obonyano Assaulted Me" (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.