Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,582 members, 7,816,434 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:13 AM

Governor Abiodun: Symbol Of Decent Politics In Ógùn State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Abiodun: Symbol Of Decent Politics In Ógùn State (734 Views)

Ngige: Lack Of Decent Paying Jobs Huge Incubators Of Insecurity In Nigeria / Saraki Will Be Removed From Politics In 2019 – Oshiomhole Reacts To Kwara By Ele / Recent Nigerian Politics In Funny Meme Collections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Governor Abiodun: Symbol Of Decent Politics In Ógùn State by Olaholu(m): 5:30am On Mar 17, 2020
*Governor Dapo Abiodun; Master Of Decent Politics Of Our Time (By: Ola Muritala).*

To blaze the trail or to play the game, it is abysmal and acrimonious to act the usual goat. If we must therefore get a different result, we must do it differently. Only those who hate peace will not testify to the living fact that the way politics is being played and practiced by the current Governor of Ogun State, Prince Dapo Abiodun is by far better than how it was played by many, now and in the past. Governor Abiodun as a matter of fact, has brought into Ogun politics, forgiveness, Inclusiveness, accommodation of one another and sincerity. These are the facts I am here to impact for us not to depart from the right path.

... I have a dream which content must be translated into reality in the nearest future, a time would come, when the spirit of brotherhood will prevail over the Satan of segregation. (Martin Luther King, Jr). This dream
of a great man is gradually becoming a reality in Ogun State, Nigeria, under the leadership of the sage, Prince Dapo Abiodun MFR, the State Governor.

In life, we often secure an opportunity of choosing between options or among alternatives. Good or bad, the two are models, patterns and samples but one is great, best and excellent while the other is little, ignoble and dishonorable. Whichever one we choose to admire, definately reflects the kind of humans we are. Decent or indecent, right or wrong, life is more beautiful and does not need a rough treatment. Let's make it decent, just like the way His Excellency, Prince Dapo Abiodun MFR, the incumbent Governor of Ogun State is threading it.

I started noticing His Excellency, Gov. Abiodun's ways of life since campaign and during electioneering periods, each time I wrote, and there was unpleasant words in my "write up", He immediately disapproved such 'write up" and advises me to be less abusive, that politics should be played decently. One day, I told an elder in my town, Owode-Egba, to decipher on the decent politics His Excellency always tells me about. Behold, the elder said, Ola, don't you know Dapo Abiodun is wealthy, rich in wisdom and he's a Prince? Hence, Prince and Princess do not fight like slaves. Meaning, (Omooba kì ń jagun bí ẹrú). Prince Dapo Abiodun is truly a Prince, well trained and one with a very beautiful heart. Therefore, If all of us can emulate the sage's style of politics, there won't be rooms for hatred for one another, killings of political opponents and unnecessary demolison of people's properties, especially, those who are against one's government and idiology.

We were all disappointed seeing His Excellency, Governor Abiodun not making any Executive order on May 29, 2019. Honestly, myself and many others, went to the Moshood Abiola Stadium, Kuto, Abeokuta on the swearing-in ceremony of the good hearted Governor, to witness and corroborate how some past leaders in the State will be dealt with through Governor's Executive orders. But all of us were disappointed to see that His Excellency did not make a single order. Instead, he thanked God for his life and that of the good people of the State and further highlights how he intends to make Ogun State a great State through his vision and mission to giving Ogun State; a good, focused and qualitative governance and creating an enabling environment for accountability, transparency, equity and fairness in the conduct of government affairs, towards creating an enduring economic future for the State and individual prosperity for the people and enabling environment for investors. Wow! This is wonderful and commendable. Truly, Leadership is anyway not by the size of our caps and size of our clothes but only by the endowed gift of God.
It's totally not our fault to have expected His Excellency to make orders reverting some decisions of the past administration but the fault of how it was being done and practiced before him and now.

My people, what else should we say than to continue thanking God for giving us a Man like "Omoba" Dapo Abiodun as our Governor. I was very happy the day it was aired on the State television (Ogtv), that Ogun State Governor has absorbed into civil service, over 2000 workers deliberately recruited in April 2019 at the twilight of the last administration in the State to cause political misfortune and further create unnecessary hatred for Gov. Abiodun when he takes over the mantle of Leadership. Not only that, the former administration also elevated 18 directors to the position of permanent Secretaries (PS) status, without recourse or due process. However, despite diverse Petitions from concerned individuals to declare void, the decision of the immediate administration in all the affected critical sectors of the State's economy, Governor Abiodun with a large heart and a rare spirit of decent politics and good governance, exhibited his high mindedness, generosity, forbearance and softness, ordered the absorption of all the candidates employed towards the tail-end of the last administration and directed the immediate payment of nine months salaries owned the new workers. Indeed, this is great, commendable, loudable and praiseworthy.

In addition, Governor Abiodun forgives those who stood in his way to become the 5th executive governor of Ogun State and many of them, who seek his life to waste. This is rare and can be described as Godly. The big question is, can these people, Governor Abiodun forgives do same if they were him? Anyway, I'm an Egba and egbas don't easily forget histrories. So, I remeber when they were in power, the first thing they did was to embark on ', mission to rvenge'' which came in form of arresting and chasing of people, seizing and demolition of properties etc. Only God knows what killed late Apagun Olumide? Only Otunba Gbenga Daniel can tell how much loss he recorded in his newly opened '' Conference Hotel" hmm, may God forgive all of us and give us the grace to do it right.

Ultimately, it's very commendable to see the likes of Mr. Gboyega Nosir Isiaka, former Deputy Governor of the State, Alhaja, Salmot Badru, former Speakers of the State House of Assembly, Rt. Hon. Titi Oseni and Rt. Hon Suraj Adekumbi, former People's Democratic Party, PDP Chairman, Elder Joju Fadairo, Chief Mrs Iyabo Apanpa, Former Governor Gbenga Daniel, others associating with the incumbent Governor, His Excellency, Prince Dapo Abiodun MFR, 'Omo ogbon'. This can only happen when we have not just a Man, but a Sage. Not just a Sage, but a Gem. Not just a Gem, but a Model. Not just a Model, but Master of decent politics as Governor.

Thank you, my name is Ola Muritala.
Re: Governor Abiodun: Symbol Of Decent Politics In Ógùn State by kayusely70(m): 5:46am On Mar 17, 2020
I attest to all this uwrote as a fact without any embellishments
Re: Governor Abiodun: Symbol Of Decent Politics In Ógùn State by Lisaint(m): 5:49am On Mar 17, 2020
How much did they pay you?.
Atan-lusada- agbara rd is there!
Ado-odo to Mowo is there
Sango rd is there

You are here singing praises

2 Likes

Re: Governor Abiodun: Symbol Of Decent Politics In Ógùn State by helinues: 6:15am On Mar 17, 2020
Things wey people go lick have made Dem lost their conscience.

Even the writer couldn't point out to one tangible achiements/projects by Abiodun.

Shame on you the writer
Re: Governor Abiodun: Symbol Of Decent Politics In Ógùn State by slimfit1(m): 6:32am On Mar 17, 2020
Lisaint:
How much did they pay you?.
Atan-lusada- agbara rd is there!
Ado-odo to Mowo is there
Sango rd is there

You are here singing praises

The big question if he governor had done anything good he would have stated it on his report but he didn't. We know how it works. I've not seen any project at all from Ogun state.
Re: Governor Abiodun: Symbol Of Decent Politics In Ógùn State by 2fine2fast(m): 6:49am On Mar 17, 2020
That’s how you guys failed your UTME exams.
The title of the topic is about the style of bitterless politics played by the governor. It’s not
about his performance or non-performance. Thus the writer in his own wisdom is not obligated to write within your own already biased scope. You can criticize him based on the information he presented. Also you should open your own thread to prove your own point.
Re: Governor Abiodun: Symbol Of Decent Politics In Ógùn State by miteolu(m): 6:54am On Mar 17, 2020
That is why Dapo Abiodun is not performing. He wants to pleas all politicians in Ogun State.
Re: Governor Abiodun: Symbol Of Decent Politics In Ógùn State by princemillla(m): 7:08am On Mar 17, 2020
Confirm politician! Good one dapo.

But tap into Lagos development by fixing all roads that leads to Lagos and see influx of Lagosians biz in ogun boarder town
Re: Governor Abiodun: Symbol Of Decent Politics In Ógùn State by Maxymilliano(m): 7:16am On Mar 17, 2020
miteolu:
That is why Dapo Abiodun is not performing. He wants to pleas all politicians in Ogun State.

You hit the nail on the head, and that was why it took him so long to appoint commissioners as he want to please everyone, including OGD faction, Osoba faction, GNI faction and the core APC members that stood by him, as well as some APM members that worked against Amosun's candidate.

Too many cooks spoil the broth they say.

1 Like

Re: Governor Abiodun: Symbol Of Decent Politics In Ógùn State by helinues: 7:32am On Mar 17, 2020
2fine2fast:
That’s how you guys failed your UTME exams.
The title of the topic is about the style of bitterless politics played by the governor. It’s not
about his performance or non-performance. Thus the writer in his own wisdom is not obligated to write within your own already biased scope. You can criticize him based on the information he presented. Also you should open your own thread to prove your own point.

Ultimately, it's very commendable to see the likes of Mr. Gboyega Nosir Isiaka, former Deputy Governor of the State, Alhaja, Salmot Badru, former Speakers of the State House of Assembly, Rt. Hon. Titi Oseni and Rt. Hon Suraj Adekumbi, former People's Democratic Party, PDP Chairman, Elder Joju Fadairo, Chief Mrs Iyabo Apanpa, Former Governor Gbenga Daniel, others associating with the incumbent Governor, His Excellency, Prince Dapo Abiodun MFR, 'Omo ogbon'. This can only happen when we have not just a Man, but a Sage. Not just a Sage, but a Gem. Not just a Gem, but a Model. Not just a Model, but Master of decent politics as Governor

Hehhehe, Iyen Daru Dapo

Re: Governor Abiodun: Symbol Of Decent Politics In Ógùn State by babyfaceafrica: 7:32am On Mar 17, 2020
Maxymilliano:

You hit the nail on the head, and that was why it took him so long to appoint commissioners as he want to please everyone, including OGD faction, Osoba faction, GNI faction and the core APC members that stood by him, as well as some APM members that worked against Amosun's candidate.

if he didn't please them all, and they start to complain.. It is still the same people that will label him a betrayal.. Look politics, is easier to talk about than you engage in..
Re: Governor Abiodun: Symbol Of Decent Politics In Ógùn State by Maxymilliano(m): 7:34am On Mar 17, 2020
babyfaceafrica:
if he didn't please them all, and they start to complain.. It is still the same people that will label him a betrayal.. Look politics, is easier to talk about than you engage in..

If you stay in Ogun, you'd know that Dapo is yet to find his rhythm in governance, majorly because he wants to please all sides.
Re: Governor Abiodun: Symbol Of Decent Politics In Ógùn State by StaffofOrayan(m): 7:38am On Mar 17, 2020
babyfaceafrica:

I thought politics was about the people that elected you?
When 2nd term don reach, e go dey wear helmet everywhere dey form hardworking
Re: Governor Abiodun: Symbol Of Decent Politics In Ógùn State by babyfaceafrica: 7:38am On Mar 17, 2020
Maxymilliano:

If you stay in Ogun, you'd know that Dapo is yet to find his rhythm in governance, majorly because he wants to please all sides.

Those people helped him to power, so why must he not please them?... So he should dissapoint some àbí.. Because of what?
Re: Governor Abiodun: Symbol Of Decent Politics In Ógùn State by helinues: 7:41am On Mar 17, 2020
babyfaceafrica:

Those people helped him to power, so why must he not please them?... So he should dissapoint some àbí.. Because of what?

Cos those people are more important than the Ogun electorates?
Re: Governor Abiodun: Symbol Of Decent Politics In Ógùn State by babyfaceafrica: 7:42am On Mar 17, 2020
StaffofOrayan:

I thought politics was about the people that elected you?
When 2nd term don reach, e go dey wear helmet everywhere dey form hardworking

You though politics is about the people that elected You?.. Are u a Nigerian at all?.. Which politician care about the electorate?. The kerosine sharing givenor in Abia state, the pointing plate and picture sharing governor in Lagos state, the audio govenor in Oyo State, or the dollar sharing govenor in kano state!... All of them na wash.. This dapo you are complaining about will still find something to appease the electorate when second term is near and the electorate will still vote him!!
Re: Governor Abiodun: Symbol Of Decent Politics In Ógùn State by babyfaceafrica: 7:43am On Mar 17, 2020
helinues:

Cos those people are more important than the Ogun electorates?
to dapo Abiodun, yes!!..
Re: Governor Abiodun: Symbol Of Decent Politics In Ógùn State by helinues: 7:44am On Mar 17, 2020
babyfaceafrica:
to dapo Abiodun, yes!!..

Then he should forget about second term cos his starting is the lowest of all the past Ogun governors
Re: Governor Abiodun: Symbol Of Decent Politics In Ógùn State by Maxymilliano(m): 7:45am On Mar 17, 2020
babyfaceafrica:

You may be right to some extent, but he was voted for by the populace and they deserve some dividends as well.

Ogun State is currently in a standstill.
Re: Governor Abiodun: Symbol Of Decent Politics In Ógùn State by StaffofOrayan(m): 7:46am On Mar 17, 2020
My point is you seem to "understand" perfectly why he is not working, you understand to the extent of condoning it.

As an educated fellow, your job is to spread knowledge, even if the whole country has gone dumb

babyfaceafrica:

You though politics is about the people that elected You?.. Are u a Nigerian at all?.. Which politician care about the electorate?. The kerosine sharing givenor in Abia state, the pointing plate and picture sharing governor in Lagos state, the audio govenor in Oyo State, or the dollar sharing govenor in kano state!... All of them na wash.. This dapo you are complaining about will still find something to appease the electorate when second term is near and the electorate will still vote him!!
Re: Governor Abiodun: Symbol Of Decent Politics In Ógùn State by babyfaceafrica: 7:49am On Mar 17, 2020
Maxymilliano:

You may be right to some extent, but he was voted for by the populace and they deserve some dividends as well.

Ogun State is currently in a standstill.
my brother no worry yourself, when he is through with settling his cronies, he will do something to persuade the people.... (employ graduates)... (pay pensions and gratuities?).. Do some roads... No be Nigerian politician again!!,.. Yeye bello was very useless in his first term.. He won second term.
Re: Governor Abiodun: Symbol Of Decent Politics In Ógùn State by haffaze777(m): 7:50am On Mar 17, 2020
helinues:

Hehhehe, Iyen Daru dapo

Leave our audio governor alone oooooi
Re: Governor Abiodun: Symbol Of Decent Politics In Ógùn State by babyfaceafrica: 7:50am On Mar 17, 2020
StaffofOrayan:
My point is you seem to "understand" perfectly why he is not working, you understand to the extent of condoning it.

As an educated fellow, your job is to spread knowledge, even if the whole country has gone dumb

sir... I am a realist, I don't do sentiments... Nigerian politicians are the same with their electorate... They both deserve each other

1 Like

Re: Governor Abiodun: Symbol Of Decent Politics In Ógùn State by miteolu(m): 7:52am On Mar 17, 2020
Maxymilliano:

Dapo is sharing money to all of them. All oppositions during 2019 election are now in Dapo's payroll.

Ogun has no governor but treasurer
Re: Governor Abiodun: Symbol Of Decent Politics In Ógùn State by StaffofOrayan(m): 7:58am On Mar 17, 2020
babyfaceafrica:
sir... I am a realist, I don't do sentiments... Nigerian politicians are the same with their electorate... They both deserve each other

Hehehehe
Can't even argue with that

(1) (Reply)

Orji Kalu’s Road Intervention Project In Isuikwuato Near Completion (photos) / Just In......gbagada Joggers Sentenced.........., / Name Possible Candidates That You Think Will Replace Abba Kyari's

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.