Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,839 members, 7,956,164 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 06:26 AM

Folk Tales , Short Stories, Inspirational Quotes Section - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Folk Tales , Short Stories, Inspirational Quotes Section (588 Views)

The Sugar Mum [An Inspirational Story of Love] / Tales Of Abigail / My Islamic Short Stories (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Folk Tales , Short Stories, Inspirational Quotes Section by WriterX(m): 7:04am On Mar 17, 2020
for lovers of short stories , folktales, inspirational and motivational stories, famous quotes this is the section .

PLS POST YOUR STORIES HERE TO HELP ENCOURAGE , GIVE INSIGHT, CHEER,MOTIVATE OTHERS.

JUST ONE AT A TIME , WE CAN MAKE THIS SECTION GREAT AND LIVELY.

THANKS .
Re: Folk Tales , Short Stories, Inspirational Quotes Section by WriterX(m): 9:14am On Mar 17, 2020
THE THINGS WE SAY

Once an old man spread rumors that his neighbor was a thief.
As a result, the young man was arrested. Days later the young man was proven innocent. After being released he sued the old man for wrongly accusing him. In the court the old man told the Judge: “They were just comments, didn’t harm anyone.”
The judge told the old man: “Write all the things you said about him on a piece of paper. Cut them up and on the way home, throw the pieces of paper out. Tomorrow, come back to hear the sentence.”

Next day, the judge told the old man: “Before receiving the sentence, you will have to go out and gather all the pieces of paper that you threw out yesterday.”

The old man said: “I can’t do that! The wind spread them and I won’t know where to find them.” The judge then replied: “The same way, simple comments may destroy the honor of a man to such an extent that one is not able to fix it.
If you can’t speak well of someone, rather don’t say anything.” Let’s all be masters of our mouths, so that we won’t be slaves of our words.
Re: Folk Tales , Short Stories, Inspirational Quotes Section by Mavikolo2020: 12:12pm On Mar 17, 2020
I love this
Re: Folk Tales , Short Stories, Inspirational Quotes Section by WriterX(m): 1:36pm On Mar 17, 2020
LAZINESS WONT GET YOU ANYWHERE

. Laziness won’t get you anywhere “In ancient times, a king had his men place a boulder on a roadway. He then hid in the bushes, and watched to see if anyone would move the boulder out of the way. Some of the king’s wealthiest merchants and courtiers passed by and simply walked around it.
Many people blamed the King for not keeping the roads clear, but none of them did anything about getting the stone removed. One day, a peasant came along carrying vegetables. Upon approaching the boulder, the peasant laid down his burden and tried to push the stone out of the way. After much pushing and straining, he finally managed.
After the peasant went back to pick up his vegetables, he noticed a purse lying in the road where the boulder had been. The purse contained many gold coins and note from the King explain that the gold was for the person who removed the boulder from the road.”
THE END
Re: Folk Tales , Short Stories, Inspirational Quotes Section by WriterX(m): 1:37pm On Mar 17, 2020
Don’t say something you regret out of anger

“There once was a little boy who had a very bad temper. His father decided to hand him a bag of nails and said that every time the boy lost his temper, he had to hammer a nail into the fence. On the first day, the boy hammered 37 nails into that fence. The boy gradually began to control his temper over the next few weeks, and the number of nails he was hammering into the fence slowly decreased. He discovered it was easier to control his temper than to hammer those nails into the fence.
Finally, the day came when the boy didn’t lose his temper at all. He told his father the news and the father suggested that the boy should now pull out a nail every day he kept his temper under control.
The days passed and the young boy was finally able to tell his father that all the nails were gone. The father took his son by the hand and led him to the fence.
‘You have done well, my son, but look at the holes in the fence. The fence will never be the same. When you say things in anger, they leave a scar just like this one. You can put a knife in a man and draw it out. It won’t matter how many times you say I’m sorry, the wound is still there.'”

THE END.
Re: Folk Tales , Short Stories, Inspirational Quotes Section by WriterX(m): 1:38pm On Mar 17, 2020
Stop wasting your time complaining

“People visit a wise man complaining about the same problems over and over again. One day, he decided to tell them a joke and they all roared with laughter. After a few minutes, he told them the same joke and only a few of them smiled. Then he told the same joke for a third time, but no one laughed or smiled anymore. The wise man smiled and said: ‘You can’t laugh at the same joke over and over. So why are you always crying about the same problem?'”
THE END.
Re: Folk Tales , Short Stories, Inspirational Quotes Section by WriterX(m): 1:39pm On Mar 17, 2020
Damaged souls still have worth

“A shop owner placed a sign above his door that said: ‘Puppies For Sale.’
Signs like this always have a way of attracting young children, and to no surprise, a boy saw the sign and approached the owner; ‘How much are you going to sell the puppies for?’ he asked.
The store owner replied, ‘Anywhere from $30 to $50.’ The little boy pulled out some change from his pocket. ‘I have $2.37,’ he said. ‘Can I please look at them?’ The shop owner smiled and whistled. Out of the kennel came Lady, who ran down the aisle of his shop followed by five teeny, tiny balls of fur.
One puppy was lagging considerably behind. Immediately the little boy singled out the lagging, limping puppy and said, ‘What’s wrong with that little dog?’
The shop owner explained that the veterinarian had examined the little puppy and had discovered it didn’t have a hip socket. It would always limp. It would always be lame. The little boy became excited. ‘That is the puppy that I want to buy.’
The shop owner said, ‘No, you don’t want to buy that little dog. If you really want him, I’ll just give him to you.’ The little boy got quite upset. He looked straight into the store owner’s eyes, pointing his finger, and said; ‘I don’t want you to give him to me. That little dog is worth every bit as much as all the other dogs and I’ll pay full price. In fact, I’ll give you $2.37 now, and 50 cents a month until I have him paid for.’
The shop owner countered, ‘You really don’t want to buy this little dog. He is never going to be able to run and jump and play with you like the other puppies.’
To his surprise, the little boy reached down and rolled up his pant leg to reveal a badly twisted, crippled left leg supported by a big metal brace. He looked up at the shop owner and softly replied, ‘Well, I don’t run so well myself, and the little puppy will need someone who understands!'”

THE END.

(1) (Reply)

Free E-books And Audios / Get Your Free E-books!!!! / Translation With Yoruba Accent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.