Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,518 members, 7,836,976 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:15 PM

Kenyan Politician -- The Chameleon - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Kenyan Politician -- The Chameleon (717 Views)

Kenyan Man Attempts To Enlarge His Joystick With Intimacy Gadget, Hospitalized / Xenophobia: Nigerian Men Are Snatching Our Wives – South African Politician / Kenyan Forces Claim Control Of Westgate Mall (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kenyan Politician -- The Chameleon by lipuka(m): 9:58am On Dec 24, 2010
Kenya has done it again. Kenyan politicians have voted to get out of ICC. The reason? Ocampo mentioned some names of the prime suspects in the 2007 post election violence. They now say Kenya is a sovereign state and can handle the case internally. Very strange indeed. Barely a year ago, the same legislators rejected setting up a local tribunal, since, in their opinion, the courts could not be trusted. So they kept calling on the suspects be be tried at the Hague.

I have no doubt in my mind that they made this call, thinking that it would take upto 30 years before the cases came up. They thought they would be dead by then. Sadly Ocampo wants do do it within the shortest possible time. He talks of calling these people by next year, hence the panic.

So the same politicians, who were calling for the perpetrators of the violence to be punished, are now saying they should not be punished. Sadly, even our own Prime Minister is in the same boat. Kibaki, in his true trademark style, has not uttered a word. Of course it is an open secret that Ocampo would not stop with the six people he mentioned. After all, they too will mention other names, and give evidence, And this is what worries a lot of people in kenya.

We are not through with this. I can assure you that Kenya will not co operate with Ocampo. even though they have been saying they will. One thing I can assure you is that there will be more violence in the next elections. Right now, I am ashamed to be a Kenyan.
Re: Kenyan Politician -- The Chameleon by rudia(f): 1:41pm On Apr 19, 2011
kweli wewe umelipuka, haya ya kwetu yatawasaidia na nini?
Re: Kenyan Politician -- The Chameleon by coldhearts(f): 6:46pm On Apr 19, 2011
Nigeria la ti te le awon kenya o, awa o fe ICC smiley.
Re: Kenyan Politician -- The Chameleon by lipuka(m): 11:53am On Apr 20, 2011
Politicians all over are all alike, at least in Africa. just look at Nigeria. I believe Goodluck Jonathan won the elections, but just look at what is now happening!

(1) (Reply)

Happy 235 Yrs Usa / Islam Could Be Dominant UK Religion In 10 Years – Census Analysis / Hillary Clinton For US Presidency In 2016?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.