Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:49 PM

Zubby Michael Calls Out AMVCA Organisers For Being Political - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Zubby Michael Calls Out AMVCA Organisers For Being Political (2069 Views)

Nigerian Fans Lambast Grammy Organisers For Describing Wizkid As ‘up-and-com... / Zubby Michael Spraying Dollars On New York Stripper / Zubby Michael Builds A House, Set For Housewarming (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Zubby Michael Calls Out AMVCA Organisers For Being Political by orjisblog(m): 11:42am On Mar 17, 2020
#AMVCA: Zubby Michael Calls Out AMVCA Organisers For Being Political - Photos |Orjisblog

Nollywood star and SA To Anambra state Governor, Zubby Michael calls out the organizers of the recent held AMVCA Awards for not recognizing the real owners of the movie "Living in bondage" which got numerous awards a fourth night ago.(Orjisblog media)

He went further say that the "award was a joke and political" he also replied a fan saying that "the organisers were Yoruba's and couldn't recognize the pillars and legends of Nollywood, the likes of Late Sam loco, Paw paw, Ski and so many more".

Stating that living in bondage 8 got numerous awards and yet the first and original owners weren't recognized.

What do you think about this??
https://orjisblog.com.ng/2020/03/17/amvca-zubby-michael-calls-out-amvca-organisers-for-being-political-photos-orjisblog/

Cc: mynd44, lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Zubby Michael Calls Out AMVCA Organisers For Being Political by BiafranBushBoy: 11:58am On Mar 17, 2020
Is any award real in Nigeria?

Like how can you give a sequel an award and neglect the main version?

Can we ever get things right and we'll on this country?

I am so confused in this country, and even Coronavirus can bear me witness.

6 Likes

Re: Zubby Michael Calls Out AMVCA Organisers For Being Political by espn(m): 12:03pm On Mar 17, 2020
See mentality...why bring yoruba into this...

3 Likes

Re: Zubby Michael Calls Out AMVCA Organisers For Being Political by Dareal90s(m): 12:15pm On Mar 17, 2020
Envy kill you there, Igbo's too shld goan organize theirs, abi must Yoruba babysit you always?

2 Likes

Re: Zubby Michael Calls Out AMVCA Organisers For Being Political by Oyindidi(f): 12:32pm On Mar 17, 2020
This Country don tire person I believe Buhari dey regret for winning this tenure.
Re: Zubby Michael Calls Out AMVCA Organisers For Being Political by kissGuys: 12:43pm On Mar 17, 2020
Although i dont get why he will mention yoruba tribe... But heck! he is right!! The award is biased...

But not from his point of view...

Accepted, the originators of nollywood are majorly from the east.. Which makes them viable for awards in any category that has to deal with contemporary achievements.. Or any exceptional inputs of the present as regards their different careers in nollywood.. That said

Zubby is wrong if he thinks all those five days made Asaba movies of his deserves even a backyard award...

Dont miss the point..

Zubby is a fantastic actor and so are some other actors that act mainly in home videos.. But honestly speaking..

These kinda videos are distasteful and poorly done to say the least... From camera.. To storyline... To editing to soundtrack.. Like, they do everything in a rush just to shoot 5 seasons in two weeks...

The budget for home movies are also relatively low... Thus, they make use of substandard instruments and unprofessional casts and crews to fill in the space.. And thats why, two scenes into them... I sleep off..

How can such movies be nominated for any award talk more of winning it

Cinema movies on the other hand are more nicely scripted, edited with sophisticated instruments and the best of locations.. Most of the movies are creatively shot differently to give the viewers a new sense of interest... They make nigerian movies appealing to see.. Tho not all of them...

To the biased part of AMWCA... The organisers are not really out for the viewers' choice.. I mean.. They select the movies they like, nominate the actors of their choice.. And still tell me its viewers' choice

How do we now trust the votings and the supposed winners that emerged??...

Gone are the days the award reeks of prestige and class.. These days its just filled with bandwagons with nothing to write home about... A movie that is yet to premier even won an award... Imagine that??...

And plus

Living in bondage is a great movie but certainly not the best as it stands now..

So from we the actual viewers.. The award is biased.. And a far glory of its former self.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Zubby Michael Calls Out AMVCA Organisers For Being Political by Nobody: 12:50pm On Mar 17, 2020
Oyindidi:
This Country don tire person I believe dey regret for winning this tenure.
What is this one saying? Please its either you write in pidgin or correct English language. Stop wasting our data with your English. Its like you dont know that what you wrote can spread corona virus.
Re: Zubby Michael Calls Out AMVCA Organisers For Being Political by Nobody: 12:53pm On Mar 17, 2020
He is right but he does not have to be tribalistic. when 80% of those that won in the event are from the east.
Re: Zubby Michael Calls Out AMVCA Organisers For Being Political by Kennyprince: 1:19pm On Mar 17, 2020
The very day hover Samuel Ortom received many awards for his "performance" in office was the same day I knew awards in Nigeria are jokes.

Hmmmmm
Re: Zubby Michael Calls Out AMVCA Organisers For Being Political by Oyindidi(f): 2:18pm On Mar 17, 2020
BlueDomera:
What is this one saying? Please its either you write in pidgin or correct English language. Stop wasting our data with your English. Its like you dont know that what you wrote can spread corona virus.
I
D
I
O
T
Re: Zubby Michael Calls Out AMVCA Organisers For Being Political by pocohantas(f): 2:32pm On Mar 17, 2020
I don’t think it is tribalism, it is more of classism from my observations.

Mainly for those uptown Instagram actors and actresses. The ones you must own a DSTV and watch ROK tv to know. Then be on IG to keep up with them.

Way back when we used to hire movies in video clubs, we knew who were in our movie industry. Now I can’t even keep up with their names. Some I know their faces, but never their names. It wasn’t like that before.

That was how they overhyped Adesua. Beautiful lady, elegant, classy- but her acting is average to me. However, she is part of the clique.

Who made the sequel to a movie without giving due honor to the original? angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Zubby Michael Calls Out AMVCA Organisers For Being Political by crackkhaus: 3:13pm On Mar 17, 2020
Did this guy even watch that award show before going online to embarrass himself?

When IK Osagioduwa was busy mentioning names of legendary actors (Pete Edochie, Kanayo O Kanayo, Chiwetalu Agu etc.) along with their photos being displayed on the projector and getting a thundering applause from the audience, did his DSTV signal go off?

Me that hardly watches Nigerian movies, I'm aware that Kenneth Okonkwo who was one of the original actors of the old Living in Bondage starred in this remake as well, while the lady who acted as Merit in the old movie was sitted in the audience... IK even sat beside her one time and presented.

This one just siddon dey mumu himself with that signboard birthmark plastered on his forehead.
Re: Zubby Michael Calls Out AMVCA Organisers For Being Political by Dimmatic(f): 3:21pm On Mar 17, 2020
Dareal90s:
Envy kill you there, Igbo's too shld goan organize theirs, abi must Yoruba babysit you always?
Seriously u think with ur anus.
Re: Zubby Michael Calls Out AMVCA Organisers For Being Political by Dareal90s(m): 3:23pm On Mar 17, 2020
Dimmatic:
Seriously u think with ur anus.
Same way u think
Re: Zubby Michael Calls Out AMVCA Organisers For Being Political by HMarshal(m): 3:51pm On Mar 17, 2020
Dareal90s:

Am igbo,but u av a point,asides the unrully words
Re: Zubby Michael Calls Out AMVCA Organisers For Being Political by HMarshal(m): 3:53pm On Mar 17, 2020
Oyindidi:
I
D
I
O
T

He�! Savage
Re: Zubby Michael Calls Out AMVCA Organisers For Being Political by isamoore(m): 3:59pm On Mar 17, 2020
Zuby shut there, na ur asaba movies wen be say na only one story line u won take win award...mumu if u won win award enter lagos market, dis movie with better story line, with better production studio
Re: Zubby Michael Calls Out AMVCA Organisers For Being Political by Sanchez01: 4:02pm On Mar 17, 2020
Zubby disappointed on this a whole lot!

1. The Nigerian movie industry started in the West and not the South or East like he is trying to portray.
2. I honestly don't understand the basis for 'honouring' dead actors. It wasn't like there was a category for this in this year's AMVCA.
3. The first 'Living in Bondage' doesn't need to be recognized before the new one can win an award. It makes no sense.
4. How many Nigerian movie lovers truly voted? We have a way of claiming the whole thing was rigged when you didn't vote.

The tribalism was too cheap. He should have based his claims on solid evidence before tribalizing his rant. This is inferiority complex at play.

1 Like

Re: Zubby Michael Calls Out AMVCA Organisers For Being Political by DModeCntStopMe: 4:19pm On Mar 17, 2020
shocked

The country has made everyone mad

The madness took another dimension when buhari forcefully took power

Since then everything has nosedived

What a country
Re: Zubby Michael Calls Out AMVCA Organisers For Being Political by DModeCntStopMe: 4:20pm On Mar 17, 2020
Sanchez01:
[s]Zubby disappointed on this a whole lot!

1. The Nigerian movie industry started in the West and not the South or East like he is trying to portray.
2. I honestly don't understand the basis for 'honouring' dead actors. It wasn't like there was a category for this in this year's AMVCA.
3. The first 'Living in Bondage' doesn't need to be recognized before the new one can win an award. It makes no sense.
4. How many Nigerian movie lovers truly voted? We have a way of claiming the whole thing was rigged when you didn't vote.

The tribalism was too cheap. He should have based his claims on solid evidence before tribalizing his rant. This is inferiority complex at play.[/s]
Re: Zubby Michael Calls Out AMVCA Organisers For Being Political by jagorinho: 5:03pm On Mar 17, 2020
Sanchez01:
Zubby disappointed on this a whole lot!

The tribalism was too cheap. He should have based his claims on solid evidence before tribalizing his rant. This is inferiority complex at play.
when it comes to tribalism, there is no difference in the thinking faculty of both an educated and non educated easterner, all their woes are caused by the Yorubas, what they fail to understand is that you can not always dominate in an heterogeneous country like ours, Igbos dominate the national team, no qualms!!! but when other tribes are dominating other sector, they will be crying foul, of recent one was even saying before you can be a star in the music industry, you have to be Yoruba, I was like wtf!!!, one of the things I detest most is seeing matured people behaving like kids, the senate should pass a bill which will allow correctional facilities to be built for such deranged people.
Re: Zubby Michael Calls Out AMVCA Organisers For Being Political by Humphrizy(m): 5:38pm On Mar 17, 2020
Gbam....Shebi I been talk am

(1) (Reply)

I Prefer Girls That Are Still Staying With Their Parents – Zlatan Ibile / Meet The World's Shortest Man / Famous People From You Home-town

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.