Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,309 members, 7,822,538 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:33 PM

Public Health Advisory To Nigerians On Coronavirus Disease - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Public Health Advisory To Nigerians On Coronavirus Disease (31558 Views)

Jonathan Adewunmi Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In USA / Man Who Returned From India In January Dies Of Coronavirus Disease In Lagos / A Doctor, Two Others Die Of Coronavirus Disease In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Public Health Advisory To Nigerians On Coronavirus Disease by quickly: 9:53pm On Mar 17, 2020
sexylassie2:

The countries that has been shut down do not depend on oil and do not have an import dorminated economy like nigeria.

Close down Nigeria and see people not been able to feed their families again.

see y i call u aboki sense
Oil/any Cargo travels from Sea port to Seaport. Or from FPSO terminal well to terminal. Very small amount of people doing that.

Oil people rarely interact with public because they are offshore in teminals

People are carrying virus from continent to Continent through Air port and airplanes. Contaminating passengers, air stewards and members of public visitng airports

Everybody in the plane has 50% chance of contracting the disease. those seating beside the person have 90% chance.

Advance countries are shutting air travel because this is how the diesaese spreads and overwhelms a country.

The only way to stop the spread is through social distancing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Otg_DFhUn8

2 Likes

Re: Public Health Advisory To Nigerians On Coronavirus Disease by sexylassie2(f): 9:53pm On Mar 17, 2020
CptCharlesVane:
But you people closed the border for months on na or have they been reopened or is it when it is about saving the lives of people you now rationalize about the economy? Didn’t you guys say closed borders promote local production? So why not produce the gloves and sanitizers and gadgets locally? Or weren’t people feeding their families before the Buhari government shut the borders ever since?

It is damn glaring from countries that have their healthcare systems currently overwhelmed by CoVid19 that they never took it seriously, like you are doing here until their parents and grandparents started dying and no room for any other operations in hospitals only Coronavirus. If they could do it over, it would be a shutdown early because once it’s in ...

There are many rural communities in Nigeria with just nurses if any at all in their clinics. This thing you’re rationalizing away about economy is capable of wiping out villages of aged people if left unchecked. Currently, there are not enough doctors in Nigeria and 9 out of 10 fresh graduates are taking exams to leave the country. You really don’t know what this is, check the numbers in Italy how it has progressed in days and yet to peak in a country with world class healthcare system. They now choose who to treat and who to let die

Well, hope you won’t be the person traveling up and down to go see your parents and aged relatives because you are young but ask the Italians, even young people get taken into ICU and need oxygen.

I think, you miss the point of the border closure,people importing by road (half of the goods were foreign rice and goods we could produce in Nigeria)

But govt didn't stop Nigerian companies from exporting their raw materials and finished goods to other African countries by road.

This present case we have is different, every sector of Nigerian economy will be affected if there is a total lockdown
Re: Public Health Advisory To Nigerians On Coronavirus Disease by quickly: 9:58pm On Mar 17, 2020
THE CORONA VIRUS HAS ALREADY CAUSED GLOBAL RECESSION.

WALL STREET -ENGINE OF THE WORLD FINANCIAL SYSTEM HAS SHUTDOWN

CHINA- IMPORTANT ENGINE OF WORLD MANUFACTURING SYSTEM -SHUTDOWN

EUROPE- SHUT DOWN

ARAB-SHUTDOWN

IF YOU DONT PROTECT YOUR SYSTEM YOU WILL SHUT DOWN TOO

1 Like

Re: Public Health Advisory To Nigerians On Coronavirus Disease by sexylassie2(f): 10:01pm On Mar 17, 2020
quickly:

see y i call u aboki sense
Oil/any Cargo travels from Sea port to Seaport. Or from FPSO terminal well to terminal. Very small amount of people doing that.

Oil people rarely interact with public because they are offshore in teminals

People are carrying virus from continent to Continent through Air port and airplanes. Contaminating passengers, air stewards and members of public visitng airports

Everybody in the plane has 50% chance of contracting the disease. those seating beside the person have 90% chance.

Advance countries are shutting air travel because this is how the diesaese spreads and overwhelms a country.

The only way to stop the spread is through social distancing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Otg_DFhUn8

I don't understand your point, how does it relate. Knowing technical terms in oil business is different from the real happening of oil sales where the law of demand and supply happens.

Any major crisis viruses, natural disasters, war can cause oil production and demand to either go up or down, it has nothing to do with people working in rigs.

People working in rigs can also be infected and that is very risky since they work far away from human lives.
Re: Public Health Advisory To Nigerians On Coronavirus Disease by Nairalandmonika: 10:04pm On Mar 17, 2020
Funny enough I came in contact with someone from UK two day ago, it didn't occur to me tell now. Fear come dey catch me now. It was even unexpected my aunt just showed up from UK without informing anyone. She's not even sef isolating wahala dey.

1 Like

Re: Public Health Advisory To Nigerians On Coronavirus Disease by CptCharlesVane: 10:07pm On Mar 17, 2020
The Nigerian thing about being broke and poverty being the worst of the human condition is a really problematic notion. People survived world wars, and various kinds persecution without any conception of financial status.

First, people would not all go broke if they changed their lifestyles for 6 weeks to 3 months. People grow food they eat and can eat in Nigeria much more than these countries you seem to think have so much money to afford to shut down their economies. These measures had only become necessary!

Every village I have been to including the one I did my NYSC did not seem to have what to eat as a problem, even when they didn’t have money for WAEC fees.

Question for you, if Nigeria declares war or was at war against say Cameroon would you advocate leaving borders open for your business and finance rationalizations when the rival armies could invade through the open borders and massacre everybody at one fell swoop? What is more important then... food and safety or bank balance?

It is a pandemic and many countries have started implementing war time measures because the projection doesn’t look good at all. Many countries including African countries are learning from the Italy ‘mistake’ and Nigerians seem to be partying ...

I sincerely hope I’m overreacting
sexylassie2:

The point you are missing

Is if Nigeria go broke because of total lockdown, you will go broke, we will all go broke, the virus will even spread fast because no cash to control it.

Don't forget we are a poor country, we depend on oil.

We also depend on expatriate to run many manufacturing equipment that gives us our oil out put and manufacturing output.

The govt is thinking of survival of everyone and not its collapse

A total collapse because of border shut down, the effect will be more than covid 9
Re: Public Health Advisory To Nigerians On Coronavirus Disease by watchindelta(m): 10:09pm On Mar 17, 2020
The same economy China they look that why this virus destroying nearly the world. Even na China economy is crying. The same thing happened to Italy! Protecting the economy lol. Na they lost economy n lost citizens life join. This shit is not to play with..

2 Likes

Re: Public Health Advisory To Nigerians On Coronavirus Disease by CptCharlesVane: 10:14pm On Mar 17, 2020
I suspect Nigerians would just be heartless. After being in flights with many people and crossing many airports. Man! And I’m sure they’ll be attending parties and gatherings.

All the new cases around me have been asymptotic. The data about cases is often two weeks behind the real situation. Well,
Nairalandmonika:
Funny enough I came in contact with someone from UK two day ago, it didn't occur to me tell now. Fear come dey catch me now. It was even unexpected my aunt just showed up from UK without informing anyone. She's not even sef isolating wahala dey.

1 Like

Re: Public Health Advisory To Nigerians On Coronavirus Disease by CptCharlesVane: 10:24pm On Mar 17, 2020
Lockdowns are for containment. I never mentioned lockdowns but from the way the NCDC allegedly misinforms the people, and the government and people like yourself are going about it a lockdown would become inevitable. And at this point if it’s only the economic impact and economics you romanticize about then you must not have heard about Covid19.

Please educate yourself.
sexylassie2:

I think, you miss the point of the border closure,people importing by road (half of the goods were foreign rice and goods we could produce in Nigeria)

But govt didn't stop Nigerian companies from exporting their raw materials and finished goods to other African countries by road.

This present case we have is different, every sector of Nigerian economy will be affected if there is a total lockdown

1 Like

Re: Public Health Advisory To Nigerians On Coronavirus Disease by Angelfrost(m): 10:25pm On Mar 17, 2020
xynerise:

If they open border we will still go bankrupt and die

We??!... Speak for thyself sir!!! grin
Re: Public Health Advisory To Nigerians On Coronavirus Disease by ALABACONNECT(m): 10:26pm On Mar 17, 2020
Tho afflictions shall rise from every corner, never forget who got you covered.

For your affordable UK used smart TVs, ACs and Soundsystems, check my signature
Re: Public Health Advisory To Nigerians On Coronavirus Disease by quickly: 10:27pm On Mar 17, 2020
sexylassie2:

I don't understand your point, how does it relate. Knowing technical terms in oil business is different from the real happening of oil sales where the law of demand and supply happens.

Any major crisis viruses, natural disasters, war can cause oil production and demand to either go up or down, it has nothing to do with people working in rigs.

People working in rigs can also be infected and that is very risky since they work far away from human lives.

Look here I work in oil industry, accounting can go on online, debit and credit can be done online but the oil business of transporting oil from field is in remote location with maybe 10ppl on rotation.

This Corona VIrus has shut down the world economy . World Economy is controlled by New York ,CHina , London etc. In these places every business has shut down.

Most Oil Accounting or sales can be done automated online and not through ledger.
Most of these can be done on the cloud thru SAP or MAximo.

This Corona diease is coming from China ,the only way to control the spreading from continent to continent is by stopping human beings from carring it through airports. This is the reason people around the world are having Air Travel Ban and Closure of Airspace.

Closing border for 30days will let slow the spread.

CLose all UK,Close CHINA, Close Europe , Close USA flights into Nigeria.

This time last week US had only 3 infected people, who flew in from Europe. Now in one week US has thousands testing positive with 69 deaths.
Some towns are under quarantine or curfew

This disease is multiplying per second hopefully it doesn't merge with ebola

Trump closed air travel to CHina which Europe Refused to do . Now they have closed all border.

People are underestimating this Corona diease, it is worse than Ebola.

You know that Nurses and Doctors are usually the first victim, then they spread it to their family members who spread it to other people.

IDris elba tested positive yesterday and he said he had no symptoms.

Nigeria Airports are testing for high temperature but that can be manipulated by taking aspirin.

Corona virus attacks lungs and then you die by not been able to breathe.

Does Nigeria have respirators?

2 Likes

Re: Public Health Advisory To Nigerians On Coronavirus Disease by Angelfrost(m): 10:28pm On Mar 17, 2020
sexylassie2:

The countries that has been shut down do not depend on oil and do not have an import dorminated economy like nigeria.

Close down Nigeria and see people not been able to feed their families again.

Honestly, I'm tired of explaining basic economics to supposedly educated youths...
Re: Public Health Advisory To Nigerians On Coronavirus Disease by quickly: 10:29pm On Mar 17, 2020
sexylassie2:

Even with open border Buhari policies are anti business

IF he catches the virus, I will see where he will run to.

Last time with ear pain he ran to London.

Let him go there now if they will not pursue him.

UK NHS is overwhelmed right nnow

1 Like

Re: Public Health Advisory To Nigerians On Coronavirus Disease by quickly: 10:30pm On Mar 17, 2020
Angelfrost:

Honestly, I'm tired of explaining basic economics to supposedly educated youths...

No mind am with her aboki sense.

This is what happens when you have someone with out basic waec schooling in charge.

In a normal country , a president will step in an do the common sense thing.

Nigeria stand nothing to gain from opening its border.

IF corona enter plus book haram , NA suicide be that because all the expenditure will be on these items

2 Likes

Re: Public Health Advisory To Nigerians On Coronavirus Disease by sexylassie2(f): 10:36pm On Mar 17, 2020
Angelfrost:

You go tired.
Re: Public Health Advisory To Nigerians On Coronavirus Disease by Angelfrost(m): 10:41pm On Mar 17, 2020
sexylassie2:

You go tired.

What even irritates me is not their clamour for total self isolation... Not one of them has yet been able to come up with a workable survival plan for a nation of over 200 million people in the face of a non functioning economy... Not a single salient point!!!

Shut the the entire economy down, and what next??!... Simple yet complicated question not one of them can supply a realistic (or even laughable theoretical) answer!!!
Re: Public Health Advisory To Nigerians On Coronavirus Disease by sexylassie2(f): 10:43pm On Mar 17, 2020
quickly:

Look here I work in oil industry, accounting can go on online, debit and credit can be done online but the oil business of transporting oil from field is in remote location with maybe 10ppl on rotation.

This Corona VIrus has shut down the world economy . World Economy is controlled by New York ,CHina , London etc. In these places every business has shut down.

Most Oil Accounting or sales can be done automated online and not through ledger.
Most of these can be done on the cloud thru SAP or MAximo.

This Corona diease is coming from China ,the only way to control the spreading from continent to continent is by stopping human beings from carring it through airports. This is the reason people around the world are having Air Travel Ban and Closure of Airspace.

Closing border for 30days will let slow the spread.

CLose all UK,Close CHINA, Close Europe , Close USA flights into Nigeria.

This time last week US had only 3 infected people, who flew in from Europe. Now US has thousands testing positive with 69 deaths.

Some towns are under quarantine or curfew

Trump closed air travel to CHina which Europe Refused to do . Now they have closed all border.

People are underestimating this Corona diease, it is worse than Ebola.

You know that Nurses and Doctors are usually the first victim, then they spread it to their family members who spread it to other people.

IDris elba tested positive yesterday and he said he had no symptoms.

Nigeria Airports are testing for high temperature but that can be manipulated by taking aspirin.

Corona virus attacks lungs and then you die by not been able to breathe.

Does Nigeria have respirators?

Not every businesses are shoot down in the developed world.

Many businesses are working remotely.

Only outdoor businesses are shot down.

Even with the shot down, businesses are losing heavily and most of these countries have a very diverse economy.

Imagine a total shut down of a country like Nigeria that depends on only oil

What do you think the impact will be, choas.

Hospitals won't run because no salary to pay workers

And many more.
Re: Public Health Advisory To Nigerians On Coronavirus Disease by sexylassie2(f): 10:51pm On Mar 17, 2020
Angelfrost:

What even irritates me is not their clamour for total self isolation... Not one of them has yet been able to come up with a workable survival plan for a nation of over 200 million people in the face of a non functioning economy... Not a single salient point!!!

Shut the the entire economy down, and what next??!... Simple yet complicated question not one of them can supply a realistic (or even laughable theoretical) answer!!!

They hardly think in this part of the world.

Their main job is to complain, complain and complain till they are frustrated.

Now that govt have given them advice on what to do, instead of them to protect themselves, they are still complaining.

They want total shutdown but no idea on what they will eat, drink and perform normal duties during shutdown

Govt can't go bankrupt because of some virus, it has to survive too.

Group thinking is a big disease here.
Re: Public Health Advisory To Nigerians On Coronavirus Disease by quickly: 11:01pm On Mar 17, 2020
sexylassie2:

Not every businesses are shoot down in the developed world.

Many businesses are working remotely.

Only outdoor businesses are shot down.

Even with the shot down, businesses are losing heavily and most of these countries have a very diverse economy.

Imagine a total shut down of a country like Nigeria that depends on only oil

What do you think the impact will be, choas.

Hospitals won't run because no salary to pay workers

And many more.

they said Government needs to shut down airspace and airtravel for 30days at least.

to stop spread of Corona.

How is this hard to comprehend

Ur talking of business, by the time Corona enters no business will happen

IF there is a contagion is society business will seize to exist.
For example in america people are hoarding food now because every one is staying home.

Which business is Nigeria doing even the oil is being explored by Western companies. Nigeria is collecting tax

Right now if you stop the spread of the diease it will serve the country better than closing air travel.

This is not complaining but simple common sense

Shows Buhari is useless as expected... In a good country buhari should not be a Councillor in a local government talkless president

https://www.theguardian.com/world/video/2020/mar/16/drone-footage-shows-empty-roads-in-italy-amid-coronavirus-lockdown-video

2 Likes

Re: Public Health Advisory To Nigerians On Coronavirus Disease by quickly: 11:02pm On Mar 17, 2020
sexylassie2:

Now that govt have given them advice on what to do, instead of them to protect themselves, they are still complaining.

They want total shutdown but no idea on what they will eat, drink and perform normal duties during shutdown

Sorry to say but u are the one not thinking

Buhari closed land borders to West Africa because of rice.

IS that not bad for economy?

2 Likes

Re: Public Health Advisory To Nigerians On Coronavirus Disease by MT: 11:05pm On Mar 17, 2020
South Africa not only closed borders against US , UK, Italy , Spain , China , France citizens, they also revoked the visas the SA embassies had issued to them. That's what I call making statement but Nigeria, all these are face-saving measures. The govt does not want to close the borders against citizens of Western nation so as not to offend their respective govt. So sad!. Giant of Africa indeed.

3 Likes

Re: Public Health Advisory To Nigerians On Coronavirus Disease by Reference(m): 11:14pm On Mar 17, 2020
sexylassie2:
So they can't close down Nigeria because we do not produce essential things for our survival.

Business men and women have to travel to China and other countries to source for raw materials to produce here in Nigeria and also essential finished goods we need.

If they close down Nigeria, many people will starve and companies might go bankrupt and people will be out of jobs.

Please don't misinform people. Cargo flights are going on ans seaports remain open all over the world even to.those countries that have shut their borders.

Passenger travel is not necessary to import or export essential commodities. Our oil continues to go out everyday. That is not sanctioned by any country. The lines of trade are established so there is no need for human interventions except when things go wrong.

2 Likes

Re: Public Health Advisory To Nigerians On Coronavirus Disease by MetalJigsaw(m): 11:45pm On Mar 17, 2020
sexylassie2:
So they can't close down Nigeria because we do not produce essential things for our survival.

Business men and women have to travel to China and other countries to source for raw materials to produce here in Nigeria and also essential finished goods we need.

If they close down Nigeria, many people will starve and companies might go bankrupt and people will be out of jobs.
Are all this you mentioned more important that people's
Lives and health.?

2 Likes

Re: Public Health Advisory To Nigerians On Coronavirus Disease by Farastein(m): 1:22am On Mar 18, 2020
Greetings Everyone;

Help Us achieve up to 5,000 votes. Thanks in anticipation.

Please, click the link below and like my short story “Tales of Jideofor” shortlisted as one of the eight finalist for GogeAfrica 20th Anniversary Writing Competition…

Please Click the link, LIKE & Share to aid my journey to the coveted price. Thank you as you do.

Also, Enjoy the read.

https://www.gogeafrica.tv/myposts_item/tales-of-jideofor-by-mokwenye-ehis-ndudi/
lalasticlala:

http://covid19.ncdc.gov.ng/advisory.html
Re: Public Health Advisory To Nigerians On Coronavirus Disease by Bianda24: 1:34am On Mar 18, 2020
Contacting COVID 19 is not a death sentence but then we have to be careful. Non challance of Nigeria government is worrisome. All the advisories you read on the pages of newspapers are just public stunt. The government is not trying and not proactive. Anyway, the people are the government and many of them are seeing the pandemic as a means of enriching themselves forgetting that they are nor apared.

1 Like

Re: Public Health Advisory To Nigerians On Coronavirus Disease by Fragility6: 6:46am On Mar 18, 2020
sexylassie2:

Go and do your research

The border close down was for only imported goods especially rice to boast rice production at home

Companies in Nigeria could export finished goods by road to other countries.
I neva heard of any company dat went bankrupt madam. U dat know oya tell me, u dey back out. Clearly you are one of buhari's blind followers. No words for u again
Re: Public Health Advisory To Nigerians On Coronavirus Disease by executive12: 7:08am On Mar 18, 2020
emror4u:
Can you just imagine this hopeless government, test includes Temperature checks!!!, Like seriously?? So that's the only test they run... My God!!!! shocked angry shocked angry

Can't they just shut the damned borders for goodness sake

That's the test every other country is running at the airports for now. It's almost impossible for now, to test everybody for the covid-19, except for those exhibiting symptoms.
Re: Public Health Advisory To Nigerians On Coronavirus Disease by Nairalandmonika: 7:14am On Mar 18, 2020
CptCharlesVane:
I suspect Nigerians would just be heartless. After being in flights with many people and crossing many airports. Man! And I’m sure they’ll be attending parties and gatherings.

All the new cases around me have been asymptotic. The data about cases is often two weeks behind the real situation. Well,
All new case around you?
What does that mean
Re: Public Health Advisory To Nigerians On Coronavirus Disease by Nairalandmonika: 7:21am On Mar 18, 2020
sexylassie2:

You are very foolish, shey is until we have 30 thousand case like Italy b4 u will have sense. If things get bad 4 us like Italy, then the whole country will be put on sef quarantine 4 at least 30 day. No business activities of any kind, no school no church no nothing. That's when u will have sense. People are closing borders to prevent what's happening in Italy to happen to them u dey here dey yarn dust. You don't know anything so just STFU.

1 Like

Re: Public Health Advisory To Nigerians On Coronavirus Disease by executive12: 7:36am On Mar 18, 2020
klever18:
Could you believe 80% of Nigerians don't know corona is in Nigeria?.

The federal ministry of health have failed woefully no pr system nothing nothing.
National Orientation Agency?

Many Nigerians actually think that the corona virus is fake.
I think the Federal Ministry of Health and the NCDC are doing a good job in providing us information on the virus and what to do to prevent the disease.
The problem is, I believe, the mass illiteracy in the country. Many Nigerians (mostly the illiterates) either believe it's fake or that black people are immune.
When (not if) the virus starts spreading in Nigeria, we would be in real trouble.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

BREAKING: Nigeria Records New Ebola Cases / The Geepee Tank In Your Compound, When Was The Last Time It Was Washed? / This Exoskeleton Is Designed To Help Disabled People Walk Freely (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.