Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,217 members, 7,822,102 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:32 AM

Reps To FG: Direct DSTV, Others To Implement Pay-As-You-Go Tariff - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reps To FG: Direct DSTV, Others To Implement Pay-As-You-Go Tariff (42442 Views)

G-70 Reps To Femi Gbajabiamila: Meet Our Terms Or Face Legal Action, / House Speakership Dogara Rallies PDP, APC Reps To Stage Surprise / PDP Reps To Keep Vigilance On NASS To Prevent Saraki’s Impeachment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reps To FG: Direct DSTV, Others To Implement Pay-As-You-Go Tariff by desiredhome: 9:26am On Mar 18, 2020
fairfora:
Who's the fed govt? Are the reps not part of fg? They're the highest beneficiaries of multi choice in Nigeria. They should do the needful cos the fraud has been here from time immemorial. They do pay as you view in their home country but has found it so difficult to do the Thames in Nigeria. Only a responsible govt frowns at mistreatment meted out to its citizens...this consumerism must end.
Let one Nigerian company enter the the market and bring the pay as you use tariff like globacom did telecommunication, today MTN would still have been per minute call if not for glo
Re: Reps To FG: Direct DSTV, Others To Implement Pay-As-You-Go Tariff by femixville(m): 9:28am On Mar 18, 2020
Can the Devil fight against himself.. Think on that first
You don't expect them to just decide that, cos the elites are having shares in those company.. Multi choice has deep connection � in Nigeria.. If Osinbajo, obasanjo and the rest can have top shares in mtn, and the rest, why will they fight what they profit from..
You yourself, can you?
Re: Reps To FG: Direct DSTV, Others To Implement Pay-As-You-Go Tariff by Cantonese: 9:33am On Mar 18, 2020
densiks:

Nice one from rep Idems from Akwa Ibom but I take the news with a pinch of salt as this is not the first time this issue has been raised at the highest levels of government but the conspirators keep shooting it down after making noise about it for a while.

If only Nigerians knew the details about the ownership structure and shareholding of multichoice Nigeria and why successive governments have been looking the other way anytime this issue of PAYG is brought up.

For now,it remains a wish and a mere motion!

And as usual they had to set up a committee with a mandate of four weeks. Rest assured that nothing positive will come out of it for Nigerians.
Re: Reps To FG: Direct DSTV, Others To Implement Pay-As-You-Go Tariff by johnpablo541(m): 9:41am On Mar 18, 2020
Goodman247:
there must be laws to regulate the activities of businesses so that they don't exploiting the masses.can multichoice do that in South africa.we don't have a working government and active labour unions

DSTV subscription is cheaper in Nigeria.

Dstv compact is 6800naira in Nigeria
While Dstv compact is 399Rands(8700naira) in south africa.

3 Likes

Re: Reps To FG: Direct DSTV, Others To Implement Pay-As-You-Go Tariff by luluman: 9:44am On Mar 18, 2020
fairfora:
Who's the fed govt? Are the reps not part of fg? They're the highest beneficiaries of multi choice in Nigeria. They should do the needful cos the fraud has been here from time immemorial. They do pay as you view in their home country but has found it so difficult to do the Thames in Nigeria. Only a responsible govt frowns at mistreatment meted out to its citizens...this consumerism must end.
Now that they are out to do right you are quick to fault them.Dont just talk because you have a fast typing finger, think first.
Re: Reps To FG: Direct DSTV, Others To Implement Pay-As-You-Go Tariff by janeimofeh: 9:47am On Mar 18, 2020
That is why I stopped subscribing to all our pay TV and opted for OURTV, since I only have to buy their decoder for N11,900 and don't pay anything again.

I have less than 3hrs daily to watch TV and phcn will still do their wahala, so I wise up.

I have been enjoying OurTV (www.ourtv.ng) since I got it and I don't pay monthly subscription....
Re: Reps To FG: Direct DSTV, Others To Implement Pay-As-You-Go Tariff by guy222: 9:49am On Mar 18, 2020
Simplyleo:

It is my useless Nigerian leaders, not yours pls.

Under that my useless leaders, network service providers operate on pay as you go "without power".

Pls, you are a whiteman, so allow we black Nigerians to decide what we want.
this is the best way to reply an idiot.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reps To FG: Direct DSTV, Others To Implement Pay-As-You-Go Tariff by sniperr007(m): 9:59am On Mar 18, 2020
CharleyBright:

Lets lick their asses and get the jobs... that what people like you always like to say.
If that is Ok by you, it is not Ok by many of us.
So because DSTV is employing Nigerians, we should allow them to exploit us?
You sound like a Multichoice staff.
That was what MTN was saying when they told them to adopt Pay as you go. Today how much is MTN making after they adopted Pay as you go?
Business is a Win- Win. You cant be making billions while i am not getting good value for my money.
I repeat they should pack and go if they wont deal.

Can you compare the service DStv gives to startimes,tstv etc?
Can you compare the service mtn gives you to Glo?
Can you compare the service standard chartered bank gives you to GTB/access.

There is major difference.

Sorry to say, these SA firms gives better service than our Naija firms

If you feel that the money DStv charges is too much, why not focus on startimes that's cheaper so you can pay less.

As for me. I will pay for a better service and quality video if it means extra cash.

Hitv came around 2007/08. With FG (ministry of information) support, Where are they now? Crashed!!

2 Likes

Re: Reps To FG: Direct DSTV, Others To Implement Pay-As-You-Go Tariff by sniperr007(m): 10:03am On Mar 18, 2020
ornicus:

abeg let them pack and go jare. maybe TSTV will fill the vaccuum. [sarcasm] these nitwits think that all the channels dstv provides are not paid for. let them stream zee world and champions league and burn their internet.

let them return to the giant satelitte plates of my youth and the absolutely horrible signals. nonsense

I tell people, if you feel a product is too expensive, leave it and pay for a cheaper one.

If you feel Benz is too expensive, will you tell government to reduce price of Benz.
Go and buy your Toyota in peace.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reps To FG: Direct DSTV, Others To Implement Pay-As-You-Go Tariff by Nobody: 10:04am On Mar 18, 2020
GamalNasser:

No wonder someone calls you scammerleo on this forum
it will never be well with you. Since you’re supporting the suffering in this country.

What’s your gain? Are you happy DSTv taking us for a ride?

1 Like

Re: Reps To FG: Direct DSTV, Others To Implement Pay-As-You-Go Tariff by Heykaypee: 10:09am On Mar 18, 2020
Check this out!

Imagine!
U just paid for TV Cable subscription and then happen to travel for 1 month,
that is just a total waste of money.

Thank God for Ourtv , which I bought few weeks ago.
This enables me watch Premium Contents without Monthly subscription.

N11, 900 for the Decoder and you are good to go.
Re: Reps To FG: Direct DSTV, Others To Implement Pay-As-You-Go Tariff by Nobody: 10:10am On Mar 18, 2020
luluman:
Now that they are out to do right you are quick to fault them.Dont just talk because you have a fast typing finger, think first.
you talk as if you're ignorant of the federal government and their lies. I dont make comments without first thinking like most of you people do. Anyway let's see if this would see the light of the day. All of the law makers enjoy free subscription of dstv packages and unlimited data and calls from telecoms service providers. Some of them also are stake holders in multichoice. This isn't the first time the issue would come to the fore. Google is your friend if in doubt
Re: Reps To FG: Direct DSTV, Others To Implement Pay-As-You-Go Tariff by seunlayi(m): 10:12am On Mar 18, 2020
NothingDoMe:
Thing is you want it available whenever electricity supply is available. They dont switch it off because you dont have electricity.

Maybe they will oblige your request If you let them know when you watch it so that they can switch off as well and put it on when you are ready.
sorry if your post make sense to you
Re: Reps To FG: Direct DSTV, Others To Implement Pay-As-You-Go Tariff by Nobody: 10:26am On Mar 18, 2020
desiredhome:

Let one Nigerian company enter the the market and bring the pay as you use tariff like globacom did telecommunication, today MTN would still have been per minute call if not for glo
You have a point there. Monopoly needs to be broken. Startimes is really spoiling market for multi choice. I learnt they now cover some live marches of popular leagues. If you don't watch startimes for a while, your money is intact. I also have it at home.
Re: Reps To FG: Direct DSTV, Others To Implement Pay-As-You-Go Tariff by NothingDoMe: 10:36am On Mar 18, 2020
seunlayi:
sorry if your post make sense to you
Sorry that you lack the understanding.
Re: Reps To FG: Direct DSTV, Others To Implement Pay-As-You-Go Tariff by luluman: 10:50am On Mar 18, 2020
fairfora:
you talk as if you're ignorant of the federal government and their lies. I dont make comments without first thinking like most of you people do. Anyway let's see if this would see the light of the day. All of the law makers enjoy free subscription of dstv packages and unlimited data and calls from telecoms service providers. Some of them also are stake holders in multichoice. This isn't the first time the issue would come to the fore. Google is your friend if in doubt
Then be positive and show your support,not to be quick in attacking their every move.
Re: Reps To FG: Direct DSTV, Others To Implement Pay-As-You-Go Tariff by Nobody: 10:53am On Mar 18, 2020
luluman:
Then be positive and show your support,not to be quick in attacking their every move.
okay. Maybe this time, they'd walk their talk.

1 Like

Re: Reps To FG: Direct DSTV, Others To Implement Pay-As-You-Go Tariff by ogubolokento(m): 11:09am On Mar 18, 2020
Plz stop this your initial gragra, we have been exploited for years both phed, gotv, DStv, thy should implement it or leave the space for another company.
Re: Reps To FG: Direct DSTV, Others To Implement Pay-As-You-Go Tariff by ebukabanky(m): 11:20am On Mar 18, 2020
This is long over due.......it's d best and only way....we have all been extorted.
Re: Reps To FG: Direct DSTV, Others To Implement Pay-As-You-Go Tariff by RussellRutherfo: 11:39am On Mar 18, 2020
Sirsuky:
Don't trust those fraudtician cos any time they need bribe from DStv they come with trick as if they care for common man

True
Re: Reps To FG: Direct DSTV, Others To Implement Pay-As-You-Go Tariff by IADEJOH: 11:48am On Mar 18, 2020
If FG can not force them to implement pay as you go, Nigerian can choose not to subscribe to them.

Believe me , it can be done!
Re: Reps To FG: Direct DSTV, Others To Implement Pay-As-You-Go Tariff by connkg(m): 11:57am On Mar 18, 2020
Why does Hon. Gbajabiamila need an investigating committee? Perhaps is has never been aware of the problem or there is a side of truth he believes is not yet apparent?
Why do we need to begin with committees on this issue? It has been raised before.
The House can either engage with the providers for a better deal or act, in some other way.
What, exactly, is being investigated?
Re: Reps To FG: Direct DSTV, Others To Implement Pay-As-You-Go Tariff by Mentorme: 12:39pm On Mar 18, 2020
GamalNasser:

It's different here , your phones use batteries and can be on for over 24 hours without charging and you buy your airtime prepaid meaning you have paid for the full value before you even use it ...
Nothing is different.
Let them do their part and forget about us.
Re: Reps To FG: Direct DSTV, Others To Implement Pay-As-You-Go Tariff by desiredhome: 1:10pm On Mar 18, 2020
fairfora:
You have a point there. Monopoly needs to be broken. Startimes is really spoiling market for multi choice. I learnt they now cover some live marches of popular leagues. If you don't watch startimes for a while, your money is intact. I also have it at home.
It's true, let me let me go and switch over to Star times
Re: Reps To FG: Direct DSTV, Others To Implement Pay-As-You-Go Tariff by Nobody: 1:29pm On Mar 18, 2020
GermanMelania:

Landlord should also suspend rent for the month you traveled.
And if you forget your phone for house the company should refund part of the money you used to buy it
If you get hungry within 2 days after leaving buka you should be able to go back for another round.

Why is it a problem in Nigeria? What about other countries that regulates it? Your view or assertion doesn't apply in my opinion.
Re: Reps To FG: Direct DSTV, Others To Implement Pay-As-You-Go Tariff by GamalNasser: 1:45pm On Mar 18, 2020
Mentorme:

Nothing is different.
Let them do their part and forget about us.

If you want pay as you go now get a smart TV and stream jare
Re: Reps To FG: Direct DSTV, Others To Implement Pay-As-You-Go Tariff by doctor2016(m): 1:57pm On Mar 18, 2020
Federal governoment should giveus saible light ,we need light 24hrs no stopping
Re: Reps To FG: Direct DSTV, Others To Implement Pay-As-You-Go Tariff by luluman: 2:57pm On Mar 18, 2020
fairfora:
okay. Maybe this time, they'd walk their talk.
correct.
Re: Reps To FG: Direct DSTV, Others To Implement Pay-As-You-Go Tariff by TheStarsAlign: 4:17pm On Mar 18, 2020
I don't know why this govt/ are so unintelligent. Simply remove the unfair advantages they have through your laws and their monopoly will fade away.

Why do you even want to be telling a company how to run their business. MTN once said Per Second Billing was not possible in Nigeria but nobody forced them to change to Per Second Billing when Glo came.

Make the market viable for new comers and watch things change. Moreover, are lawmakers not suppose to make the laws why calling executive abi they're trying to confirm we're truely in a military regime. Force does not always work.

You people should have sense.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reps To FG: Direct DSTV, Others To Implement Pay-As-You-Go Tariff by solomonsly11(m): 4:39pm On Mar 18, 2020
PLEASE FEDERAL GOVRRNMEN MAKE DSTV AND OTHERS TARIFF TO BE PAY AA YOU GO THE EXPLOITATION IS TOO MUCH. THIS IS THE ONLY COUNTRY THEY ARE MAKING FREE MONEY.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

ISWAP Distributes Fliers In Borno Threatens Residents Giving Information To Army / President Jonathan In Israel (Pictures) / See 9 States Buhari's Anti-corruption Battle Is Raging

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.