Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,217 members, 7,822,106 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:36 AM

Reps To FG: Direct DSTV, Others To Implement Pay-As-You-Go Tariff - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reps To FG: Direct DSTV, Others To Implement Pay-As-You-Go Tariff (42443 Views)

G-70 Reps To Femi Gbajabiamila: Meet Our Terms Or Face Legal Action, / House Speakership Dogara Rallies PDP, APC Reps To Stage Surprise / PDP Reps To Keep Vigilance On NASS To Prevent Saraki’s Impeachment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reps To FG: Direct DSTV, Others To Implement Pay-As-You-Go Tariff by orlarlakeside(m): 4:40pm On Mar 18, 2020
The funniest part is that; you can't even use use their antennas to access local TV stations after subscription expiry. Nigeria is a joke.
Re: Reps To FG: Direct DSTV, Others To Implement Pay-As-You-Go Tariff by reiddecuti: 5:01pm On Mar 18, 2020
Sirsuky:
Don't trust those fraudtician cos any time they need bribe from DStv they come with trick as if they care for common man

Expect an increment after this so call motion by the house from multi choice.
Re: Reps To FG: Direct DSTV, Others To Implement Pay-As-You-Go Tariff by AlishaaMae: 5:06pm On Mar 18, 2020
densiks:

Nice one from rep Idems from Akwa Ibom but I take the news with a pinch of salt as this is not the first time this issue has been raised at the highest levels of government but the conspirators keep shooting it down after making noise about it for a while.

If only Nigerians knew the details about the ownership structure and shareholding of AlishaaMae Nigeria and why successive governments have been looking the other way anytime this issue of PAYG is brought up.

For now,it remains a wish and a mere motion!
Re: Reps To FG: Direct DSTV, Others To Implement Pay-As-You-Go Tariff by Phyde: 5:08pm On Mar 18, 2020
Sirsuky:
Don't trust those fraudtician cos any time they need bribe from DStv they come with trick as if they care for common man
You just said my mind sir. I hope one day we will be delivered from this scam. cry
Re: Reps To FG: Direct DSTV, Others To Implement Pay-As-You-Go Tariff by 77up(m): 6:53pm On Mar 18, 2020
If this can be done, its a welcome development.
Re: Reps To FG: Direct DSTV, Others To Implement Pay-As-You-Go Tariff by GermanMelania: 7:13pm On Mar 18, 2020
PARACLETOS:

Why is it a problem in Nigeria? What about other countries that regulates it? Your view or assertion doesn't apply in my opinion.

Thats rubbish. And stop invoking other countries. Yoy guys are happy to do ao until it is about God and homosexuality you remember you are africans.
But since you want to go there:
In th us if the cable or cell company cuts yoy off for non paymebt. Yoy take 40 days to pay and reconbect, yoy still owe for that 1 month they disconnected and u couldnt use it.
Doed that seem fair or makr sense to you?

Lets stop with other countries do so and so.
Re: Reps To FG: Direct DSTV, Others To Implement Pay-As-You-Go Tariff by kasshoggi(m): 7:38pm On Mar 18, 2020
StarTimes actually operates the pay as you use model. They have daily, weekly and monthly subscriptions.

Those that know, know. Those that don't, now you know!

GamalNasser:

Tell your useless leaders to fix electricity first before saying anyone should implement pay as u go ...without stable electricity telling cable TV provider to do pay as you go is telling them to close business. You can't force a revenue model on any business , let the FG use NTA startimes to start the pay as you go model let see how far they can go
Re: Reps To FG: Direct DSTV, Others To Implement Pay-As-You-Go Tariff by shumuel(m): 8:02pm On Mar 18, 2020
Islie:

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/reps-to-fg-direct-dstv-others-to-implement-pay-as-you-go-tariff.html

the only GO service Nigeria would ger from DSTV is "Fix it-on-the-GO"
grin
Re: Reps To FG: Direct DSTV, Others To Implement Pay-As-You-Go Tariff by TMKsouth: 8:18pm On Mar 18, 2020
BBC NEWS

TV giant offers free news service to South Africans.

South Africa's pay TV service DSTV is offering free access to 24-hour news channels to non-subscribers in the country.

“Staying informed about the latest news on the [coronavirus outbreak] is the first step in stopping its spread,” MultiChoice Group which owns Dstv said in a statement.

Viewers will have access to international broadcasters like BBC World, CNN and Euronews Now.

They will also get access to local channels: eNCA, SABC News, Newzroom Afrika.

The channels will be available through DStv Now and MultiChoice’s online streaming platform that are available on PCs, smartphones, tablets, smart TVs and Xbox consoles, the company said.

Dstv has 14 million subscribers in Africa, half of them in South Africa
Re: Reps To FG: Direct DSTV, Others To Implement Pay-As-You-Go Tariff by Mentorme: 9:53pm On Mar 18, 2020
GamalNasser:

If you want pay as you go now get a smart TV and stream jare
Both, are not the same
Re: Reps To FG: Direct DSTV, Others To Implement Pay-As-You-Go Tariff by ghettochild4u(m): 10:13pm On Mar 18, 2020
seunlayi:
That is why I stopped subscribing to all our pay TV. I have less than 2hrs daily to watch TV and Phcn will still hold the light, you will have to power gen.... and they receive money for 24hr x 30days. This is pure cheating.

Thank God our eyes are opened and next is phch to give everybody meters
It's best to switch to iptv
Re: Reps To FG: Direct DSTV, Others To Implement Pay-As-You-Go Tariff by VaselineCrew: 10:19pm On Mar 18, 2020
I’m sorry, but I can’t agree with you lot here.

How can government start setting pricing models for a private company?

Did anyone force you to watch DSTV?

You guys are acting like DSTV is the same as roads, healthcare, electricity and all.

Please Nigerians, try to have some sense, it’s getting embarrassing
Re: Reps To FG: Direct DSTV, Others To Implement Pay-As-You-Go Tariff by ghettochild4u(m): 10:19pm On Mar 18, 2020
[quote author=Flier post=87537520]U Pay as you go actually make no sense,the company will run down
They should just allow people to select Channel of their choice and pay for it as it’s done in developed world [/quote
Why are companies abroad not closed up n yet they do pay as u go??
Can u balance that for me
Re: Reps To FG: Direct DSTV, Others To Implement Pay-As-You-Go Tariff by VaselineCrew: 10:24pm On Mar 18, 2020
and the fact that most of you agree with this is very disheartening.

So if you start a business and set prices for adults and children, you mean government can just come in and tell you not to price adults and children separately?

Or what of clubs were girls get in free and guys pay? So federal government will come and interfere with that too?

Abeg, you guys should put your thinking hats on and pressure government into giving you the basics of life which they have hidden from you, not stupid DSTV

I mean what gives you the right to change DSTVs pricing model?

You all sound very delusional
Re: Reps To FG: Direct DSTV, Others To Implement Pay-As-You-Go Tariff by VaselineCrew: 10:26pm On Mar 18, 2020
I guess some of you want to be communists.

If you don’t like DSTV, set up a competing company that has alternative pricing models.

Don’t force a private company like some Dictator
Re: Reps To FG: Direct DSTV, Others To Implement Pay-As-You-Go Tariff by kelviniro(m): 12:20am On Mar 19, 2020
Great move by the senate.... cool cool cool
Re: Reps To FG: Direct DSTV, Others To Implement Pay-As-You-Go Tariff by kelviniro(m): 12:23am On Mar 19, 2020
[quote author=VaselineCrew post=87563898]and the fact that most of you agree with this is very disheartening.

So if you start a business and set prices for adults and children, you mean government can just come in and tell you not to price adults and children separately?

Or what of clubs were girls get in free and guys pay? So federal government will come and interfere with that too?

Abeg, you guys should put your thinking hats on and pressure government into giving you the basics of life which they have hidden from you, not stupid DSTV

I mean what gives you the right to change DSTVs pricing model?

You all sound very delusional

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

ISWAP Distributes Fliers In Borno Threatens Residents Giving Information To Army / President Jonathan In Israel (Pictures) / See 9 States Buhari's Anti-corruption Battle Is Raging

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.