Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,044 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:46 AM

Mikel Obi’s Wife Defends Him After Being Sacked For Criticizing The League Over - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Mikel Obi’s Wife Defends Him After Being Sacked For Criticizing The League Over (3260 Views)

Kevin Hart’s Ex Wife Defends Draya Michele, 39, Getting Pregnant By Jalen Green / 2face Endorsing Ikhide Ikheloa Post Criticizing The Bible And Religion / Bovi Slams I Go Dye For Criticizing Emmanuel Uduaghan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mikel Obi’s Wife Defends Him After Being Sacked For Criticizing The League Over by Citizenshelm: 8:07am On Mar 18, 2020
Mikel Obi’s wife defends him after being sacked for criticizing the league over safety

Nigerian footballer, John Obi Mikel’ wife, Olga, has defended him after he had his Trabzonspor contract terminated by mutual consent, Dailyleakers.com

The former Chelsea star recently took to his IG page to criticize the Turkish Super Lig's decision to carry on playing matches despite the coronavirus outbreak.

He criticised Turkey for not suspending League for coronavirus and he refused to play last game. .

Shortly afterwards, his contract was terminated and he cane under attack from trolls, prompting his wife to speak up in his defense. .

Following the termination which was through mutual consent, Mikel will not be paid any compensation as he agreed to give up all forward-looking rights and receivables.

The midfielder’s contract would have run until 2021 had he stayed on at Trabzonspor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywaHoe4ClJs

Cc MissyB3
Cc Fynestboi
Cc Seun
Cc Mynd44

Re: Mikel Obi’s Wife Defends Him After Being Sacked For Criticizing The League Over by Romanoff(f): 8:09am On Mar 18, 2020
He did no wrong

9 Likes

Re: Mikel Obi’s Wife Defends Him After Being Sacked For Criticizing The League Over by thorpido(m): 8:28am On Mar 18, 2020
Well,there are better ways to get this across to the people concerned.
He's the loser here.
Re: Mikel Obi’s Wife Defends Him After Being Sacked For Criticizing The League Over by Nobody: 8:29am On Mar 18, 2020
World people!
Please Check my signature to support my hustle
Re: Mikel Obi’s Wife Defends Him After Being Sacked For Criticizing The League Over by lifezone247(m): 8:30am On Mar 18, 2020
The woman don’t even like Mikel playing in turkey in the first place, so I think she will be very happy to see him leave.

4 Likes

Re: Mikel Obi’s Wife Defends Him After Being Sacked For Criticizing The League Over by NextD18: 8:31am On Mar 18, 2020
Women don't joke with "FAMILY FIRST" when they are young wives. That's the only time they value that line.cheesy

But when they become mother in-laws and their sons start using the line "FAMILY FIRST", they'll say he has married a witch who want to take her son's attention away from her.

They are naturally wired to be selfish by supporting only the things that will benefit them at that point in time.

I won't take the defense of Mikel's wife serious, because a reasonable woman should have said "SAFETY FIRST", showing she cares for the safety of other people, not "FAMILY FIRST" because she's the wife. cheesy cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mikel Obi’s Wife Defends Him After Being Sacked For Criticizing The League Over by cRobo: 8:39am On Mar 18, 2020
He have money that's why he could quit his job

In one word "INSUBORDINATION"

I won't say a word

1 Like

Re: Mikel Obi’s Wife Defends Him After Being Sacked For Criticizing The League Over by lugo99(m): 8:41am On Mar 18, 2020
Nice one Obi... FamFirst... As a man and the head of the family, u have to protect ur home..
Re: Mikel Obi’s Wife Defends Him After Being Sacked For Criticizing The League Over by flexyebe(m): 8:56am On Mar 18, 2020
If mayor leagues and FIFA has suspended all their football events at this moment,what is turkey league?my brother you did well safety first.

1 Like

Re: Mikel Obi’s Wife Defends Him After Being Sacked For Criticizing The League Over by Lcf69(m): 9:11am On Mar 18, 2020
WOwww!!! Does she have any options than to Self-service the situation... Pinned.
Re: Mikel Obi’s Wife Defends Him After Being Sacked For Criticizing The League Over by Lcf69(m): 9:14am On Mar 18, 2020
WOwww!!! Does she have any other options than to Self-service the Matter... Pinned.
Re: Mikel Obi’s Wife Defends Him After Being Sacked For Criticizing The League Over by Humphrizy(m): 9:15am On Mar 18, 2020
Seriously what Mikel said ain't had atall...even Ronaldo don run go back Portugal...of a truth,there is more to life than Football.
Re: Mikel Obi’s Wife Defends Him After Being Sacked For Criticizing The League Over by HMarshal(m): 9:56am On Mar 18, 2020
Obi! You don belle full, talk true! �
When enuf money dey,u fit tell ur boss Bleep u sef.
I pity the wife, family first is when u av enuf money to Carter for em, hope it doesn't turn to "go out & look for club like ur fellow men" one day
Re: Mikel Obi’s Wife Defends Him After Being Sacked For Criticizing The League Over by Skinnienigga(m): 10:15am On Mar 18, 2020
thorpido:
Well,there are better ways to get this across to the people concerned.
He's the loser here.

Look, they just used mikel as scape goat. There were other players that supported him and more were likely to. The Turkish league needed a deterrent and terminating Mikel's contract was the best. What has his club got to lose? They are basically winning the league and Mikel is in his 30s..black too.

I think he did right for calling the league out. He'll get a lot of sympathizers and if he still wants to play, he will def find a club that'll take him in. He has always been a family man, he isn't broke too. Let him be safe first.

1 Like

Re: Mikel Obi’s Wife Defends Him After Being Sacked For Criticizing The League Over by omonla10(m): 10:48am On Mar 18, 2020
HMarshal:
Obi! You don belle full, talk true! �
When enuf money dey,u fit tell ur boss Bleep u sef.
I pity the wife, family first is when u av enuf money to Carter for em, hope it doesn't turn to "go out & look for club like ur fellow men" one day
in other words, ure saying, playing for trabzonspor is more important than the safety of his family abi.. ur surname should be poverty cos it's only poverty stricken souls that reason this way...

so sorry if it looks like insult.
Re: Mikel Obi’s Wife Defends Him After Being Sacked For Criticizing The League Over by victorian(f): 11:07am On Mar 18, 2020
He shouldn't have voiced out his yearning.

Now they've freed him to go be with family.

I hope he's happy now?

Anyways his wife family are super rich, they can take care of him ,his wife and kids.

Possibly he will join the mafia cartel. grin
Re: Mikel Obi’s Wife Defends Him After Being Sacked For Criticizing The League Over by HMarshal(m): 11:37am On Mar 18, 2020
omonla10:
in other words, ure saying, playing for trabzonspor is more important than the safety of his family abi.. ur surname should be poverty cos it's only poverty stricken souls that reason this way...

so sorry if it looks like insult.

Faaaam! You don't even know me & u come @me this way? Has the conversation been taken to the slums where even a guenie pig can spew all the rott it's stomach refused to digest on my foot? Xter they say is like smoke,which not even the key pads can hide. Am a bit concerned,were u dropped on ur head as an infant or u were aborted severally & instead of just being flushed out,the procedure only made u uncultured & mannerless? How fraustrating can life be for u?
Be anything fam,buh pls don't be unfortunate. How's ur dad doing bytheway.
Re: Mikel Obi’s Wife Defends Him After Being Sacked For Criticizing The League Over by otipoju(m): 12:05pm On Mar 18, 2020
He will get another club before the year runs out.
Re: Mikel Obi’s Wife Defends Him After Being Sacked For Criticizing The League Over by omonla10(m): 12:10pm On Mar 18, 2020
HMarshal:

Faaaam! You don't even know me & u come @me this way? Has the conversation been taken to the slums where even a guenie pig can spew all the rott it's stomach refused to digest on my foot? Xter they say is like smoke,which not even the key pads can hide. Am a bit concerned,were u dropped on ur head as an infant or u were aborted severally & instead of just being flushed out,the procedure only made u uncultured & mannerless? How fraustrating can life be for u?
thanks bye
Re: Mikel Obi’s Wife Defends Him After Being Sacked For Criticizing The League Over by MarieAnn2012: 12:11pm On Mar 18, 2020
HMarshal:

Who are you? Typical povert.y stri.cken Nigerian trying to claim what he is not.
Just make your point or Sh.ut it!!!
Re: Mikel Obi’s Wife Defends Him After Being Sacked For Criticizing The League Over by HMarshal(m): 12:18pm On Mar 18, 2020
MarieAnn2012:

Who are you? Typical povert.y stri.cken Nigerian trying to claim what he is not.
Just make your point or Sh.ut it!!!

Has the baton of stupidity been passed to u too? I wont say more than that cos I would really not engage women in banter. Just pls get some brain to that beauty else it wastes ...pls don't mentione again
Re: Mikel Obi’s Wife Defends Him After Being Sacked For Criticizing The League Over by HMarshal(m): 12:49pm On Mar 18, 2020
omonla10:
thanks bye
Sorry about that, you suldnt go @any1 like dat irrespective.maturity in comments matters too.#OneLove
Re: Mikel Obi’s Wife Defends Him After Being Sacked For Criticizing The League Over by ImmaculateJOE(m): 1:46pm On Mar 18, 2020
Has Mikel legally married her..?

(1) (Reply)

Actress Nkechi Blessing Show Off Millions Of Naira She Made At Her Shop Opening / Ay And His Wife Mabel Engage In Fierce Tennis Battle / Bbnaija Nengi And Vee Playfully Pranks Lycon In His Hotel Room

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.