Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,599 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:52 PM

Coronavirus: Pastor Adeboye Prays, Advises Nigerians - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Coronavirus: Pastor Adeboye Prays, Advises Nigerians (68198 Views)

Christians From Other Denominations Will Bow Before You - Adeboye Prays For RCCG / Bishop Oyedepo And His Wife Kneel Down As Pastor Adeboye Prays For Them / Adeboye Prays For Joshua Mike-Bamiloye & Tolulope Mary Odesola At Their Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coronavirus: Pastor Adeboye Prays, Advises Nigerians by ABCthings: 12:44pm On Mar 18, 2020
allandutch:
Which part of what he said is outrageous?

"I want to assure you that so far you are in the secret place of the most high, no Virus can come near your dwelling."
Well, he's a pastor what do you expect him to say?
I'm confused too maybe they expected him to say "This year, Corona must locate you".
Re: Coronavirus: Pastor Adeboye Prays, Advises Nigerians by backnbeta(f): 12:44pm On Mar 18, 2020
Im just disappointed that baba didn't tell us when the virus will disappear undecided
Re: Coronavirus: Pastor Adeboye Prays, Advises Nigerians by Gbenguzy: 12:46pm On Mar 18, 2020
MelesZenawi:
Pentecostal churches are the problems of this country.

They have configured, subjugated and brain washed the minds of their followes and creating followership without proper God's word.

You can as well refer to them as CEO of their churches( Company) and chairman board of directors in the church company business.

They are many Redeem, winners, mountain of fire, Iginla, house on the rock, synagogue...etc

These churches has made christianity a laughing stock in eyes of men and other religions.

Until all these churches are abolished, they will continue to work on minds of people with their tactics.

I just pray that what some people type on. Nairaland won't take them to hell fire
Re: Coronavirus: Pastor Adeboye Prays, Advises Nigerians by Nobody: 12:46pm On Mar 18, 2020
Re: Coronavirus: Pastor Adeboye Prays, Advises Nigerians by Nobody: 12:46pm On Mar 18, 2020
BlackTrice:

You forgot to mention your church since you're against all pentecostal churches.
If you're catholic, nbok all if una na de same

FYI. Religion na scam...

The old orthodox churches remains the true church.
Re: Coronavirus: Pastor Adeboye Prays, Advises Nigerians by dovee69: 12:48pm On Mar 18, 2020
Let the Federal Government share all the Corona Virus Patient to the various Pentecostal Churches for healing. That will save us a huge amount of money and the Churches will double their fellowership, it a win win for the Churches and Nigerians.
Re: Coronavirus: Pastor Adeboye Prays, Advises Nigerians by Clinghton: 12:56pm On Mar 18, 2020
I don't think any sensible human would find that video controversial
Re: Coronavirus: Pastor Adeboye Prays, Advises Nigerians by Toxay(m): 12:59pm On Mar 18, 2020
maynation:
We all are Christians but you don't just foolishly pray over something that requires you to use your IQ.
Your brain isn't just for decoration, there is a reason God gave you. Scientists are doing everything to come up with Vaccines and our Nigerian GOs are in their closets claiming to pray.
Take your prayers to where the patients are quarantined and we will take you seriously.

I am not the religious type but what have you used your own brain to do to help the situation except to rant on nairaland.Atleast he is encouraging hygiene and precautionary measures.
You are young with a young brain and useless but yet criticising an older brain.
Re: Coronavirus: Pastor Adeboye Prays, Advises Nigerians by ORBLIGHTS(m): 12:59pm On Mar 18, 2020
AND WITH WHAT SOME OF YOU ARE TYPING HERE... IF THEY SHOULD CALL ON TOMORROW'S LEADERS.... U'LL ANSWER, HUH?
Re: Coronavirus: Pastor Adeboye Prays, Advises Nigerians by dollarlander: 1:02pm On Mar 18, 2020
MelesZenawi:

They have configured, subjugated and brain washed the minds of their followes and creating followership without proper God's word.

You can as well refer to them as CEO of their churches( Company) and chairman board of directors in the church company business.

They are many Redeem, winners, mountain of fire, Iginla, house on the rock, synagogue...etc

These churches has made christianity a laughing stock in eyes of men and other religions.

Until all these churches are abolished, they will continue to work on minds of people with their tactics.

Exodus 15:26  He said, "If you will obey me completely by doing what I consider right and by keeping my commands, I will not punish you with any of the diseases that I brought on the Egyptians. I am the LORD, the one who heals you." 

Also Read Exodus 12: 1-32.

This is the act of God over the sins of the world. If you like pray if you like don't pray. It is he who dies of Coronavirus that his case has ended here on earth.
Re: Coronavirus: Pastor Adeboye Prays, Advises Nigerians by ORBLIGHTS(m): 1:02pm On Mar 18, 2020
Toxay:

I am not the religious type but what have you used your own brain to do to help the situation except to rant on nairaland.Atleast he is encouraging hygiene and precautionary measures.
You are young with a young brain and useless but yet criticising an older brain.

THAT'S THE KIND OF YOUTHS WE HAVE NOW

SENSELESS AND JOBLESS
Re: Coronavirus: Pastor Adeboye Prays, Advises Nigerians by kingxsamz(m): 1:02pm On Mar 18, 2020
temmypotter:
We have a president who has said nothing, not one word about this issue since the start, our borders are wide open as if to bring in even more of the virus - I'm weak!

Enter Pastor Adeboye - One of the most influential and respected Nigerians in the world, giving words of hope, prayers and lays emphasis on preventive measures in these trying times and Nigerian "woke" trigger-happy youths begin to insult him to his face! What in the hell!

I'm a youth as well and I must say I'm deeply worried for our generation! We have lost what little manners we had growing up, He's not just an elder, He's a man of God, you don't have to be religious to have simple moral ethics like respecting the elderly - while not all of us may believe in the supernatural, we all pray and hope for a better tomorrow and I dare say the words from some tongues are more potent than others - one of those tongues is that of Pastor Adeboye, There is a force behind him that has kept him at the pinnacle all these years - and that force is ever ready to curse as well as bless.

No one's saying you must agree to his ideas or bless him for them.... but don't curse him! don't invite curses to your lives.
Make we hear word abeg.
Man of God or elder...
If you talk sh!t, be ready to receive serious backlash.
I'm sure you've insulted the president or one politician before.
Re: Coronavirus: Pastor Adeboye Prays, Advises Nigerians by kingxsamz(m): 1:04pm On Mar 18, 2020
For those who don't know why the video is causing outrage, watch the video and see for yourself.
Re: Coronavirus: Pastor Adeboye Prays, Advises Nigerians by akinademayowa(m): 1:09pm On Mar 18, 2020
Some people are just simply being stupid. Because if not that they have somewhat contaminated brain, why would anyone fault any of the words Pastor Adeboye said in this statement.
They have ears that have been configured to hear the wrong things and hands quick to write slanderous statements against sane advices
Re: Coronavirus: Pastor Adeboye Prays, Advises Nigerians by Masterclass32: 1:10pm On Mar 18, 2020
Its like some misguided fellows are looking for the slightest reasons to attack men of God.

If u don't buy what he said, move on. He is also entitled to his opinions and views.
Re: Coronavirus: Pastor Adeboye Prays, Advises Nigerians by kingxsamz(m): 1:11pm On Mar 18, 2020
'' I believe that this is a time for God to show you clearly that there's a difference between those sho serve him and those who do not''. Those were his words in the video.

That's what's causing the outrage.
Re: Coronavirus: Pastor Adeboye Prays, Advises Nigerians by Umejiaku87(m): 1:15pm On Mar 18, 2020
MelesZenawi:

How’s this connected to the topic?
Re: Coronavirus: Pastor Adeboye Prays, Advises Nigerians by davien(m): 1:15pm On Mar 18, 2020
Instead of praying at the comfort of your home, why not travel out to heal the afflicted? undecided
Re: Coronavirus: Pastor Adeboye Prays, Advises Nigerians by maasoap(m): 1:42pm On Mar 18, 2020
temmypotter:
We have a president who has said nothing, not one word about this issue since the start, our borders are wide open as if to bring in even more of the virus - I'm weak!

Enter Pastor Adeboye - One of the most influential and respected Nigerians in the world, giving words of hope, prayers and lays emphasis on preventive measures in these trying times and Nigerian "woke" trigger-happy youths begin to insult him to his face! What in the hell!

I'm a youth as well and I must say I'm deeply worried for our generation! We have lost what little manners we had growing up, He's not just an elder, He's a man of God, you don't have to be religious to have simple moral ethics like respecting the elderly - while not all of us may believe in the supernatural, we all pray and hope for a better tomorrow and I dare say the words from some tongues are more potent than others - one of those tongues is that of Pastor Adeboye, There is a force behind him that has kept him at the pinnacle all these years - and that force is ever ready to curse as well as bless.

No one's saying you must agree to his ideas or bless him for them.... but don't curse him! don't invite curses to your lives.

Another brainwashed mofo
Re: Coronavirus: Pastor Adeboye Prays, Advises Nigerians by festus2001: 1:43pm On Mar 18, 2020
God bless you sir. Daddy G. O my general overseer
Re: Coronavirus: Pastor Adeboye Prays, Advises Nigerians by PotatoSalad(m): 1:50pm On Mar 18, 2020
kingsleybrave:
If I get his statement correct...... i deduce it's only unbelievers the virus will catch...... shocked shocked shocked
Na wa ooooo.........does he means that believers are immune to the virus ....wow ... that's a good news ......
That means I can walk and travel freely then ..... ........on my way to China........
I love this man so so much......
Exactly what caused the outrage
Re: Coronavirus: Pastor Adeboye Prays, Advises Nigerians by SincerreLemmore: 1:56pm On Mar 18, 2020
ABBkelvin:
Yea right, all Christian are special and snowflakes until the inevitable happen to them. Life is 100% logical, even your emotion no matter how difficult has pattern to it. Stop being myopic to the way the world works and use your brain to think at least for a sec. When you get shot appropriately you'll die unless you're rescue by medics, when you have cancer and HIV your immune system get detoriated, when you have Flu your system become weak and so and forth and no prayer or faith can save you from them. Bunch of dumbos who never for once lived. SincerreLemmore
Re: Coronavirus: Pastor Adeboye Prays, Advises Nigerians by EverythinDeals: 2:01pm On Mar 18, 2020
MelesZenawi:

Thunder fire you there for calling for eradication of churches. God punish your destiny there eediot
Re: Coronavirus: Pastor Adeboye Prays, Advises Nigerians by EverythinDeals: 2:02pm On Mar 18, 2020
maynation:
We all are Christians but you don't just foolishly pray over something that requires you to use your IQ.
Your brain isn't just for decoration, there is a reason God gave you. Scientists are doing everything to come up with Vaccines and our Nigerian GOs are in their closets claiming to pray.
Take your prayers to where the patients are quarantined and we will take you seriously.

Another Muslim fanatic. Leave Christianity alone

Leave Christianity and it's imperfections alone. Focus on your hypocrisy
Re: Coronavirus: Pastor Adeboye Prays, Advises Nigerians by EverythinDeals: 2:04pm On Mar 18, 2020
ABBkelvin:
Yea right, all Christian are special and snowflakes until the inevitable happen to them. Life is 100% logical, even your emotion no matter how difficult has pattern to it. Stop being myopic to the way the world works and use your brain to think at least for a sec. When you get shot appropriately you'll die unless you're rescue by medics, when you have cancer and HIV your immune system get detoriated, when you have Flu your system become weak and so and forth and no prayer or faith can save you from them. Bunch of dumbos who never for once lived.

Life isn't designs to fit into your narrative. Leave your reality out of people's liberty to determine theirs. Ote
Re: Coronavirus: Pastor Adeboye Prays, Advises Nigerians by bhella10: 2:05pm On Mar 18, 2020
MelesZenawi:

In the last days anti Christ like you are bound to crawl out from dark places
Re: Coronavirus: Pastor Adeboye Prays, Advises Nigerians by shadeyinka(m): 2:15pm On Mar 18, 2020
maynation:
Your bias is preventing you from seeing. Did you see where he suggested washing of hands and general cleanliness?
Re: Coronavirus: Pastor Adeboye Prays, Advises Nigerians by Nobody: 2:18pm On Mar 18, 2020
MelesZenawi:

Pentecostal churches are your headache? Then you will die of serious headache o.
When it comes to religion, there is only one which has taken this nation backward, and that's Islam
Re: Coronavirus: Pastor Adeboye Prays, Advises Nigerians by Reussite: 2:47pm On Mar 18, 2020
Prayers & proper hygiene are much needed at a time like this.
Re: Coronavirus: Pastor Adeboye Prays, Advises Nigerians by statesman6: 2:52pm On Mar 18, 2020
Tomide007:
People who criticized him for praying are just mad, if u don't want the prayer, reject it......let pple be Christians in peace.
are you a Christian coz you don't even comment like a Christian. You're just angry for nothing
Re: Coronavirus: Pastor Adeboye Prays, Advises Nigerians by grandstar(m): 2:54pm On Mar 18, 2020
Tomide007:
People who criticized him for praying are just mad, if u don't want the prayer, reject it......let pple be Christians in peace.

You don't sound like a Christian, why criticize those who condemn him? You aren't a Christian

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Pastor Adeboye Prays, Advises Nigerians by damocool(m): 2:59pm On Mar 18, 2020
It shall be unto me according to my faith, Amen..... The prayer is not for everybody, it is only directed to those with faith...

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

"Touch My Wife, I Will Kill You" - Pastor Adeboye Declares / TB Joshua’s Wife Evict Disciples From SCOAN (Video) / Very Soon Nobody Would Be Able To Buy Or Sell Anything Without The Chips

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.