Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,012 members, 7,817,981 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:35 AM

Coronavirus: Travel Ban, Are Nigerians Included? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Coronavirus: Travel Ban, Are Nigerians Included? (553 Views)

How The Travel Ban Will Affect Nigerians / Travel Ban On Nigeria: Official US Statement / Trump Plans To Add Nigeria To US Travel Ban List - Reuters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Coronavirus: Travel Ban, Are Nigerians Included? by autolearner: 12:42pm On Mar 18, 2020
Following the Federal Government's announcement of travel restriction on 13 countries, are Nigerian citizens from these places also banned from entry into the country?

What happens if these citizens;

- Stand a risk of overstaying their Visas?

- Have run out of budgeted funds for their Vacation in such countries where they have no contacts?

There are ongoing discussions on Social Media around this, and some persons argue that the FG has the rights to restrict entry to all persons, citizens included.

Would that position be right? Please share your thoughts.

@justwise Seun
Re: Coronavirus: Travel Ban, Are Nigerians Included? by KaideeGee(m): 12:58pm On Mar 18, 2020
I don't think de ban will be permanent, it just 4 everyone 2 remain patient and at where they are

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Travel Ban, Are Nigerians Included? by autolearner: 1:25pm On Mar 18, 2020
KaideeGee:
I don't think de ban will be permanent, it just 4 everyone 2 remain patient and at where they are

Sure. But what happens when they have no funds to continue staying in the hotels and also stand the risk of overstaying their Visa?
Re: Coronavirus: Travel Ban, Are Nigerians Included? by Mizwisdom(f): 1:31pm On Mar 18, 2020
You shouldn't put people at risk, it's better to remain where you are. I think if you have Nigerian passport you will be excluded but you'll be quarantined for 14 days.
Re: Coronavirus: Travel Ban, Are Nigerians Included? by KaideeGee(m): 1:37pm On Mar 18, 2020
autolearner:

Sure. But what happens when they have no funds to continue staying in the hotels and also stand the risk of overstaying their Visa?
Honestly i have no good answer. But i don't think the FG should also ban diaspora citizens frm returning that would be plain cruel
Re: Coronavirus: Travel Ban, Are Nigerians Included? by ednut1(m): 2:01pm On Mar 18, 2020
autolearner:
Following the Federal Government's announcement of travel restriction on 13 countries, are Nigerian citizens from these places also banned from entry into the country?

What happens if these citizens;

- Stand a risk of overstaying their Visas?

- Have run out of budgeted funds for their Vacation in such countries where they have no contacts?

There are ongoing discussions on Social Media around this, and some persons argue that the FG has the rights to restrict entry to all persons, citizens included.

Would that position be right? Please share your thoughts.

@justwise Seun
airlines wont come fly to nigeria. Stranded persons should got to the 9ja embassy
Re: Coronavirus: Travel Ban, Are Nigerians Included? by autolearner: 2:04pm On Mar 18, 2020
ednut1:
airlines wont come fly to nigeria. Stranded persons should got to the 9ja embassy

Some persons who choose to reroute their ticket from London to Dubai to Nigeria to avoid these scenarios should do what?
Re: Coronavirus: Travel Ban, Are Nigerians Included? by ednut1(m): 2:05pm On Mar 18, 2020
autolearner:

Some persons who choose to reroute their ticket from London to Dubai to Nigeria to avoid these scenarios should do what?
embassy in dubai

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Travel Ban, Are Nigerians Included? by Mizwisdom(f): 2:14pm On Mar 18, 2020
People from affected countries shouldn't come into the country in the next one month. I see this one becoming like land border closure, it will definitely be longer than that.

(1) (Reply)

COVID-19: You’ll Pay For Your Evacuation Flight From Nigeria - US Tells Citizens / N2m To Relocate To Bornu State Will You Go? / I Want To Relocate To Canada With My Wife And Son Of Three Years...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.