Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,081 members, 7,818,236 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:52 AM

Union Bank And Zenith Bank Deny Acquisition Rumour - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Union Bank And Zenith Bank Deny Acquisition Rumour (20311 Views)

Ghana’s Central Bank Suspends FX Licenses Of GT Bank And First Bank / Please Help I Just Lost My First Bank And Zenith Bank ATM Card / Union Bank Replies An Angry Customer Who Wants To Leave The Bank On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Union Bank And Zenith Bank Deny Acquisition Rumour by Humphrizy(m): 3:40pm On Mar 18, 2020
I thought as much
Re: Union Bank And Zenith Bank Deny Acquisition Rumour by Ruthlove019: 3:40pm On Mar 18, 2020
Fake news go kill ninja

1 Like

Re: Union Bank And Zenith Bank Deny Acquisition Rumour by Aidejay(m): 3:41pm On Mar 18, 2020
Two of them together should equal to a worth of 1 billion dollars
Fingers crossed.
Re: Union Bank And Zenith Bank Deny Acquisition Rumour by ntyce(m): 3:41pm On Mar 18, 2020
Nukilia:
Na fake news go finish this country! grin grin

Not fake news per se....
They didn't deny meeting?

2 Likes

Re: Union Bank And Zenith Bank Deny Acquisition Rumour by keleman992000(m): 3:46pm On Mar 18, 2020
Bloggers and fake News. we should be careful and take some news with a pinch of salt.

1 Like

Re: Union Bank And Zenith Bank Deny Acquisition Rumour by hiteelong(f): 3:59pm On Mar 18, 2020
Na so diamond and access talk initially. We are not in a hurry will see

1 Like

Re: Union Bank And Zenith Bank Deny Acquisition Rumour by abdullkabar(m): 4:01pm On Mar 18, 2020
I knew it was a fake news.
I love my UBN account.

The rate at which they are moving to knew branches and building their bank team shows they are still very much in business.
Nysc opened UBN for me, and I have fallen in love ever since.
Their banking app is light and swift.
Even Gtb dey learn for their side.
UBN
GTB
UBA

My best 3 banks tongue

4 Likes

Re: Union Bank And Zenith Bank Deny Acquisition Rumour by PHijo(m): 4:05pm On Mar 18, 2020
Diamond and Access bank also denied initially.
Re: Union Bank And Zenith Bank Deny Acquisition Rumour by dejisilva(m): 4:14pm On Mar 18, 2020
Do you have an innovative idea?

Do you lack the resources to launch that idea?

Do you know that last year over 2500 entrepreneurs won the Tony Elumelu Foundation Grant of $5000 each?

The application is still ongoing till 31st March.

Hurry now, Let us help you apply for this and other grant opportunities out there.
Visit www.treskaro.com or call 08063877465, 08182884091
Re: Union Bank And Zenith Bank Deny Acquisition Rumour by livenletlive: 4:17pm On Mar 18, 2020
Before nko? That's how they first deny and clean mouth so as not to upset the capital market and other biz interests. Then, they sneak it in behind closed doors and shamelessly announce.
Re: Union Bank And Zenith Bank Deny Acquisition Rumour by Citytrend: 4:17pm On Mar 18, 2020
This is my mother's Bank you guys are talking about
Re: Union Bank And Zenith Bank Deny Acquisition Rumour by Irore: 4:33pm On Mar 18, 2020
pmoye:
When they deny something, then you can believe it.

Let's wait for what will play out in the months ahead.
Re: Union Bank And Zenith Bank Deny Acquisition Rumour by Jaymaestro(m): 5:05pm On Mar 18, 2020
Na disrespect sha even if na bizness. Union don survive so many struggles. Na like ManU Liverpool Arsenal and co.. They have tradition

1 Like

Re: Union Bank And Zenith Bank Deny Acquisition Rumour by sagaciousblog: 5:08pm On Mar 18, 2020
I actually prefer Union Bank to any other Nigerian bank

3 Likes

Re: Union Bank And Zenith Bank Deny Acquisition Rumour by Brunicekid(m): 5:12pm On Mar 18, 2020
Zico5:
No bank is that strong in this country. The moment they begin to have problems u will know what's going on. As well, politicians are part to destruction of those bank. Our system of government is also affecting their performance. Working in a bank is synonymous to high blood pressure.
Really??
Re: Union Bank And Zenith Bank Deny Acquisition Rumour by pmoye(m): 5:15pm On Mar 18, 2020
We will wait o. :-)
Irore:

Let's wait for what will play out in the months ahead.
Re: Union Bank And Zenith Bank Deny Acquisition Rumour by onlinetrading96(m): 7:18pm On Mar 18, 2020
Open domiciliary account or savings or current account with fcmb.
Contact me now click profile
Re: Union Bank And Zenith Bank Deny Acquisition Rumour by Armaggedon: 7:24pm On Mar 18, 2020
Nothing was actually denied. The two statements say "no binding offer" has been made. It simply means there are talks already. moreover the statements look alike, more like a joint statement.

1 Like

Re: Union Bank And Zenith Bank Deny Acquisition Rumour by simpleij(f): 8:15pm On Mar 18, 2020
That's how it starts, both parties always deny it.
Re: Union Bank And Zenith Bank Deny Acquisition Rumour by higgs: 8:39pm On Mar 18, 2020
They didn't deny it.They said there is no 'binding' agreement.
Re: Union Bank And Zenith Bank Deny Acquisition Rumour by stickle(m): 10:33pm On Mar 18, 2020
Non of them deny merger talk but that there is no binding offer.
My understanding is that if the offer is right there my be consideration. Never consider this as fake news on the strength of their responses.
Re: Union Bank And Zenith Bank Deny Acquisition Rumour by mmsen: 7:19am On Mar 19, 2020
Fuckthamods:
Great.. Zenith bank is way below the standard of Union bank, forget their useless packaging. They have no regards for their customers except the ones that are very wealthy

They are both good banks.
Re: Union Bank And Zenith Bank Deny Acquisition Rumour by Fuckthamods: 9:02am On Mar 19, 2020
mmsen:

They are both good banks.

Good in what context? I use both banks and out of experience i know what I'm saying.
Re: Union Bank And Zenith Bank Deny Acquisition Rumour by Bukws: 9:46am On Mar 19, 2020
Hi guys, this is not fake news.
Re: Union Bank And Zenith Bank Deny Acquisition Rumour by mmsen: 10:05am On Mar 19, 2020
Fuckthamods:

Good in what context? I use both banks and out of experience i know what I'm saying.

I use both banks and compared to others the transfers that I initiate go through without issue. They both have good apps for mobile transactions and websites.

When I need to pay cash in I do so with UBN because the process is quick and seamless. Likewise when I need to withdraw large sums of cash.
Both banks have very good customer relations.

If you want to talk about bad banks then you need to look at FCMB, they are truly terrible. Not just basic services like transferring money, withdrawing from the ATM or getting a monthly statement but customer service there is dire.
Re: Union Bank And Zenith Bank Deny Acquisition Rumour by byteem: 10:26am On Mar 19, 2020
Storyyyy thats what diamond and Access said naa... its a done deal those who know know.. all this denail is just perception control pending official announcement..
Re: Union Bank And Zenith Bank Deny Acquisition Rumour by ogbonnachrys: 11:50am On Mar 19, 2020
When a club wants to sign a player, they will keep denying even a day before signing until its official
Re: Union Bank And Zenith Bank Deny Acquisition Rumour by lawfree638: 12:12pm On Mar 21, 2020
That how access and diamond first denied for months.

This is business. They will deny at first.

themomentng:

https://thenationonlineng.net/union-bank-zenith-bank-refute-acquisition-rumour/amp/

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Is The Best Business To Start Having Low Capital In Nigeria / Western Union Flagged Me For Suspicious Transactions / Aliko Dangote Is Richer Than Roman Abromovich

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.