Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,305 members, 7,811,904 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:00 PM

Western Union Flagged Me For Suspicious Transactions - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Western Union Flagged Me For Suspicious Transactions (20273 Views)

Should I Report This Suspicious Transaction Or Play Along?? / Why Onyema Was Flagged By The US - Advice From A US Based Business Man. / How Does Western Union Money Transfer Work In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Western Union Flagged Me For Suspicious Transactions by dejavubobo1(m): 10:48am On Feb 08
I'm a data analyst. Got a little weekly pay job from an academy in Europe. Surprisingly after 3months of work and weekly payment, My name was flagged by western union on suspicion of fraud (with my pay for February second week cancelled after many hours seating infront of the computer).

It's very appalling and morale draining to be profiled in one's own country. I really wish I could push for a law suit and make them understand not all Nigerians are criminals and seeing us/considering us as one will have consequences.

Has anyone had such terrible experience, how did you handle?

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Western Union Flagged Me For Suspicious Transactions by FOOTSOLDIER2(f): 4:42pm On Feb 08
FCT

The Tinubulation effect cheesy grin

Nigeria itself is a flagged country

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: Western Union Flagged Me For Suspicious Transactions by Brendaniel: 4:42pm On Feb 08
dejavubobo1:
I'm a data analyst. Got a little weekly pay job from an academy in Europe. Surprisingly after 3months of work and weekly payment, My name was flagged by western union on suspicion of fraud (with my pay for February second week cancelled after many hours seating infront of the computer).

It's very appalling and morale draining to be profiled in one's own country. I really wish I could push for a law suit and make them understand not all Nigerians are criminals and seeing us/considering us as one will have consequences.

Sorry for your experience, I have experienced something similar in the past but not from western union, but from a foreign bank.

What I did was to write to their customer care detailing my work, screenshots of the platform I use and the payment evidence made from the platform or your employer, just be as plain as possible and wait for their response, just cooperate with them, it worked for me

Lastly try and change from western union, there are other ways to receive your money, except the only form of payment is western union

125 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Western Union Flagged Me For Suspicious Transactions by olaric(m): 4:42pm On Feb 08
I am hearing this for the first time, and I have been receiving my payments through WU for some years now. Though I have used Moneygram in the past, their rates are good too.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Western Union Flagged Me For Suspicious Transactions by unclejb2(m): 4:42pm On Feb 08
When you have a global drug lord as president,

49 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Western Union Flagged Me For Suspicious Transactions by SmartyPants(m): 4:42pm On Feb 08
Western Union is not it. There are better ways to get your money.

4 Likes

Re: Western Union Flagged Me For Suspicious Transactions by stagger: 4:43pm On Feb 08
Open an account with Wise or Geegpay and say goodbye to these issues.

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Western Union Flagged Me For Suspicious Transactions by Donpuffy(m): 4:43pm On Feb 08
If money was sent to you twice before you make a withdrawal. You will definitely be flagged.

So always withdraw the first payment before you allow money to be sent to you again.

67 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Western Union Flagged Me For Suspicious Transactions by frankputer: 4:43pm On Feb 08
Hmm

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Western Union Flagged Me For Suspicious Transactions by YoungLionken(m): 4:43pm On Feb 08
They thought it was ill gotten money from fraud. It can be resolved ASAP. Just follow the procedure demanded..

Moneygram's rate is better than western union, their processes too...

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Western Union Flagged Me For Suspicious Transactions by chenny360(m): 4:43pm On Feb 08
WU wahala too much . If possible you can use MoneyGram. They are less problematic..

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Western Union Flagged Me For Suspicious Transactions by Helgreenluv(m): 4:43pm On Feb 08
unclejb2:
When you have a drug lord as president
Efulefu. Egbe igwe gbagbuo gi

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Western Union Flagged Me For Suspicious Transactions by tuzle(m): 4:43pm On Feb 08
stagger:
Open an account with Wise or Geegpay and say goodbye to these issues.
yeah geegpay is oaky

2 Likes

Re: Western Union Flagged Me For Suspicious Transactions by ASHTAROTH: 4:44pm On Feb 08
Switch to different payment services. Dem dey mad!
But whatever you do never ever use Revolut.

2 Likes

Re: Western Union Flagged Me For Suspicious Transactions by MANNABBQGRILLS: 4:44pm On Feb 08
I really wish I could push for a law suit and make them understand not all Nigerians are criminals and seeing us/considering us as one will have consequences
Some of us @MANNA experienced this many years back with one of their competitors, while working with some foreign countries back then as representatives of their African market and brand Ambassadors,
We did (and still doing) a good job for them,
But when it gets to the time of getting paid (4K dolls every 2 weeks) in foreign currencies, na for there wahala go start.
It was a long front and back thing till we found another solution.

All these is due to the Nigerians that have given the country a bad name both in and out of the country.
For those criminal souls,
They will all end up in prison and deaths.
They will never enjoy thr fruits of their labors for soiling the country's name out there and for making outsiders look at all Nigerians as criminals.

We Rise ✔️

14 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Western Union Flagged Me For Suspicious Transactions by Parydelegate: 4:44pm On Feb 08
Reading
Re: Western Union Flagged Me For Suspicious Transactions by Ijaya123: 4:44pm On Feb 08
So people still use Western Union?

5 Likes

Re: Western Union Flagged Me For Suspicious Transactions by CaptMG: 4:44pm On Feb 08
We
Re: Western Union Flagged Me For Suspicious Transactions by otokzmail(m): 4:45pm On Feb 08
MoneyGram also makes sense.

3 Likes

Re: Western Union Flagged Me For Suspicious Transactions by Desammyst(m): 4:45pm On Feb 08
Hmm. Problems that tech people face on the internet.

Bro, can you connect with me via email? sammysttheanalyst@gmail.com
I want to make an enquiry from you. Thank you.

3 Likes

Re: Western Union Flagged Me For Suspicious Transactions by chino4(m): 4:45pm On Feb 08
Speak to your Lawyer and sue them ,it doesn't cost much.
Re: Western Union Flagged Me For Suspicious Transactions by suskumayaya(m): 4:46pm On Feb 08
It is better to open a domiciliary account with a bank.

6 Likes

Re: Western Union Flagged Me For Suspicious Transactions by kenniefawole(m): 4:46pm On Feb 08
Na wa o
Re: Western Union Flagged Me For Suspicious Transactions by Daniel058(m): 4:47pm On Feb 08
TRY USING MONEYGRAM OR WORLD REMIT

Yahoo men and women From this country don spoil our name
dejavubobo1:

4 Likes

Re: Western Union Flagged Me For Suspicious Transactions by suskumayaya(m): 4:47pm On Feb 08
chino4:
Speak to your Lawyer and sue them ,it doesn't cost much.
It won't amount to anything. Their terms and conditions will cover them.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Western Union Flagged Me For Suspicious Transactions by BucketMan: 4:47pm On Feb 08
You can try PayPal but I also would not recommend it. Those of us earning in foreign currency can attest to the unfair situation on all the international platforms unless you can somehow convince your company to send your remuneration via bitcoin.

5 Likes

Re: Western Union Flagged Me For Suspicious Transactions by Goodnewsforlife: 4:47pm On Feb 08
FOOTSOLDIER2:
FCT

The Tinubulation effect cheesy grin
don’t b stupid

This downer have anything to do with tinubu, once a transaction is deemed suspicious bank will hold the money till u are able to present enough evidence that the transaction is legit

I don’t blame u though, it’s obvious u are one of those low cadre boys that have never done huge sums before

Even if obi were to b president, bank will do same even if d president is trump or biden

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Western Union Flagged Me For Suspicious Transactions by SincereBigot: 4:48pm On Feb 08
Western Union has a limit to the amount you can receive in a year, it could be 5000$ or more.. when you exceed this limit, any transaction that occurs with your name will be refunded to the sender after initially showing ‘available for pick up’..

Now that’s where moneygram comes in

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Western Union Flagged Me For Suspicious Transactions by zebszebs: 4:48pm On Feb 08
There is Deel, even grey finance and Geeg, there is normal DOM accounts, why is anyone using WU in 2024?

Get updated

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Western Union Flagged Me For Suspicious Transactions by DeShineShine(m): 4:48pm On Feb 08
Being profiled doesn't mean you're a criminal. You should have opened a dom account for your transactions and by so doing you must have erased suspicions because due diligence must have been carried out on you and your transactions. Write Western Union and explain yourself, if possible visit their office since you're sure you are not into illicit business.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Western Union Flagged Me For Suspicious Transactions by abhosts(m): 4:49pm On Feb 08
Shebi una say yahoo boyz are heroes. Make una continue to dey glorify criminals. Religious hypocrites like Nigerians usually produce the most morally bankrupt individuals.

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Myths About Naira Devaluation - Nonso Obikili / Confusion At Ports As FG Increases Import Tariff / CBN Asks Banks To Pay Higher Interest On Savings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.