Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,894 members, 7,824,745 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:34 PM

APC Crisis: The Deal That Saved Oshiomhole - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Crisis: The Deal That Saved Oshiomhole (45140 Views)

NASS Leadership: Deal That Fetched Akpabio Tinubu’s Endorsement / APC Crisis: The Whole Thing Is Stranger Than Fiction - FFK Reacts / Faces Behind Deal That Landed Nigeria In $9.6bn Mess (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC Crisis: The Deal That Saved Oshiomhole by clarocuzioo(m): 10:27am On Mar 19, 2020
Stillthebest:

What happened to Ambode cab happen to anyone under Tinubu in any state. Tinubu is a high stake power that not only rich but has made alot of rich men within the Lagos circle to fight his battle.

Any Governor that wants to remove that chair from Tinubu has a lot of pretentious sacrifices to make. He must deny himself during the first tenure to raise loyal men and steal some core loyal men thay fight Tinubus battle away from him.

He must be so fair to the people he governs by being doing people oriented programs.

But Ambode failed in those aspects. He acted so late and wanted to fight an august battle.

It can't work never. Not with Tinubu. Oshiomole isnt Tinubu, Edo state isnt Lagos.

Lagos has a lot of resources that are under Tinubu. He can afford to buy all the members of house of assembly with money.

Ambode doesn't have such flex and he only needs people. These people, he already seized their sources of livelihood.

This can happen to any Gov in any state that doesn't know the game of politics.

Obaseki is having his day because Oshiomole hasn't made much men, Oshiomole isnt on control of Edo structures per se, Oshiomole is too potty mouth unlike Tinubu that will rather play the game than talk.

Anyone who talks too much tends to offend alot of people and tend highly to open this weakness for people to see.

Tinubu wanted to do what he did to Ambode to, Fashola, but he had to soft pedal because Fashola had the men within Tinubu cactus that were rooting for Fashola, and Lagos populace loved him.

No one fights a political war alone.

Why did it not happen to Babatunde Raji Fashola? Why did he also go as much as still consolidating power with Fashola's camp by bringing Hamzat as deputy, which they will soon fall out?

Why was he not able to stop the ministerial nomination and confirmation of Fashola?

One thing is simple, Fashola like Obaseki has balls, Ambode does not, that's why the results are different.

Ambode simply paid the price of cowardice.
Re: APC Crisis: The Deal That Saved Oshiomhole by Nobody: 10:30am On Mar 19, 2020
[quote author=spirul77 post=87572915][/quote] you only need to have the party behind you to win primary and it is clear Obaseki has Edo APC in his pocket.

secondly I have seen many experience politicians miscalculate like Ize-iyamu did now. even ex governors miscalculate. they decamp to another party only to return when they realized their mistake .

or you think Ize-iyamu is the only politician with advisers and experience in the country?
Re: APC Crisis: The Deal That Saved Oshiomhole by drnoel: 10:38am On Mar 19, 2020
clarocuzioo:
I continue to say this, the nonsense that happened to Ambode can only happen in Lagos.
No sitting governor that knows how to weild power will tolorate such nonsense from any greedy and selfish godfather.

Ambode come and see how to humble a godfather. Oshiomhole don humble.
Obaseki second term is too sure.

It's just the same game but another day. Maybe Tinubu's hold on Lagos is too strong. He is now extending his grip onto Ogun.
Re: APC Crisis: The Deal That Saved Oshiomhole by Stillthebest: 10:47am On Mar 19, 2020
clarocuzioo:

Why did it not happen to Babatunde Raji Fashola? Why did he also go as much as still consolidating power with Fashola's camp by bringing Hamzat as deputy, which they will soon fall out?

Why was he not able to stop the ministerial nomination and confirmation of Fashola?

One thing is simple, Fashola like Obaseki has balls, Ambode does not, that's why the results are different.

Ambode simply paid the price of cowardice.

U are just repeating what I said.
Re: APC Crisis: The Deal That Saved Oshiomhole by Nobody: 10:50am On Mar 19, 2020
Abode would have done a great service to this country had he fought his way to re-election. Clearly Obaseki had a concrete plan, first the State of assembly fracas, then the factionalization of the state chapter of the party, getting the support of some national working committee members of the party, getting the supports of some of this colleagues etc
Obaseki is a political brain
I don't know what happened with Ambode, he outperformed others before him in just 4 years and he were denied is constitutional right just like that.
Re: APC Crisis: The Deal That Saved Oshiomhole by laughitall(m): 10:58am On Mar 19, 2020
helinues:

For the fact Obaseki is the new hero you people are supporting now means he is a gonner..

Whoever you people support must go into political Oblivion

From Ambode to Saraki to Dino... grin
u understand the game ...
Re: APC Crisis: The Deal That Saved Oshiomhole by Bimpe29: 11:10am On Mar 19, 2020
Agbero Chairman, unionism is too different from partisan politics.
Re: APC Crisis: The Deal That Saved Oshiomhole by amazingcastro94(m): 11:21am On Mar 19, 2020
You guyz supporting Obaseki are just dummy....You think for Oshiomole to agree to such terms and conditions he doesnt know what he is doing? And the constitution of the party said in a situation where there is a two factional state chairman the National Chairman of the party will direct such state to go for Direct primary which by such action make Obaseki handicapped and the National Chairman is to provide a level playing ground for all the contestant. The Edo People Movement (EPM) are anxiously waiting for that day. Have you guyz forgotten that it was the same Direct primary election that was used to oust Ambode by Tinubu. Politics is a game of smartness and interest. Most of the sitting governors are against Direct Primary.

1 Like

Re: APC Crisis: The Deal That Saved Oshiomhole by braimeddy: 11:33am On Mar 19, 2020
You are taking as if its only the binis that made up edo state
Viktom:
let those of us in Benin tell you the story as it is. even if oshiomhole were to contest the gubernatorial election against obaseki he will definitely lose. The Binis will not abandon their son for oshiomohle besides he has the Oba in support. as it stands now a thousand oshiomohle cannot stop Obaseki.
Re: APC Crisis: The Deal That Saved Oshiomhole by ridwan2919: 11:46am On Mar 19, 2020
clarocuzioo:
I continue to say this, the nonsense that happened to Ambode can only happen in Lagos.
No sitting governor that knows how to weild power will tolorate such nonsense from any greedy and selfish godfather.

But Obaseki is not greedy like Ambode, All the Local Government Chairman in Lagos said they don't want Ambode anymore
Ambode can overpower Tinubu only if he practice what Nigerians call "Chop make I Chop"
He only practice "Chop Alone"
Re: APC Crisis: The Deal That Saved Oshiomhole by namedo: 11:55am On Mar 19, 2020
Obaseki obviously has won the battle at last!

1 Like

Re: APC Crisis: The Deal That Saved Oshiomhole by Dreal1247: 12:01pm On Mar 19, 2020
clarocuzioo:

Ambode was sent away by his wife when she sent parking the resident pastor at the Ikeja chapel. She believed that as a Governor's wife, she deserved to be granted special recognition even when she came late to the church service.
Re: APC Crisis: The Deal That Saved Oshiomhole by Nobody: 12:18pm On Mar 19, 2020
Stillthebest:

What happened to Ambode cab happen to anyone under Tinubu in any state. Tinubu is a high stake power that not only rich but has made alot of rich men within the Lagos circle to fight his battle.

Any Governor that wants to remove that chair from Tinubu has a lot of pretentious sacrifices to make. He must deny himself during the first tenure to raise loyal men and steal some core loyal men thay fight Tinubus battle away from him.

He must be so fair to the people he governs by being doing people oriented programs.

But Ambode failed in those aspects. He acted so late and wanted to fight an august battle.

It can't work never. Not with Tinubu. Oshiomole isnt Tinubu, Edo state isnt Lagos.

Lagos has a lot of resources that are under Tinubu. He can afford to buy all the members of house of assembly with money.

Ambode doesn't have such flex and he only needs people. These people, he already seized their sources of livelihood.

This can happen to any Gov in any state that doesn't know the game of politics.

Obaseki is having his day because Oshiomole hasn't made much men, Oshiomole isnt on control of Edo structures per se, Oshiomole is too potty mouth unlike Tinubu that will rather play the game than talk.

Anyone who talks too much tends to offend alot of people and tend highly to open this weakness for people to see.

Tinubu wanted to do what he did to Ambode to, Fashola, but he had to soft pedal because Fashola had the men within Tinubu cactus that were rooting for Fashola, and Lagos populace loved him.

No one fights a political war alone.

you are right, many forget that fashola has succeeded in securing a second term against tinubu wish which he later joined.

So ambode may not have been a coward per say but a bad political tactician who wasn't the best at mobilizing or carrying people along.

I say this because he initially was on offensive dishing press videos on how San wo olu was mental patient.

He wasn't a coward but realized too late all controls was off him and needed the pillow to crash on.

Edo itself is a totally different scenario
Re: APC Crisis: The Deal That Saved Oshiomhole by masterflowx(m): 12:19pm On Mar 19, 2020
clarocuzioo:

I like someone like you. In fact, you reasoned well.
Re: APC Crisis: The Deal That Saved Oshiomhole by alen4smith(m): 12:19pm On Mar 19, 2020
BUHARIISCURSED:

Stubborn fly they follow corpse enter grave, we tell you say Edo no be Lagos. Wetin go make Obaseki enter second term, forget am my brother Adams is finished politically in Edo state as shaibu go take him structure for Edo north. Na why he they fight gragra but he has lost, imagine the fool made his cousin the minister from Edo state of all qualified persons.
stop over rating shuaibu he can't even deliver jattu let alone the entire Edo north.
Re: APC Crisis: The Deal That Saved Oshiomhole by spirul77: 12:23pm On Mar 19, 2020
[quote author=Lostz post=87574306]
I would like to know the reason you think ize iyamu miscalculated in his move, ize iyamu was among the founding fathers of ACN in EDO, he left for PDP due to the rift of not getting the governorship ticket, if he had stayed more than 2020 in PDP the only possible improvement he would have on his CV would have been "three time govership candidate of EDO state " and nothing more, because it's impossible for any PDP candidate to defeat anybody the APC brings,he coming to APC is a win win situation anyways even if he eventually don't get the party ticket, it's possible he may be compensated with a federal appointment, with contracts, or with anything by the state govt, so please point out the miscalculation in his move.
Re: APC Crisis: The Deal That Saved Oshiomhole by Nobody: 12:24pm On Mar 19, 2020
amazingcastro94:
You guyz supporting Obaseki are just dummy....You think for Oshiomole to agree to such terms and conditions he doesnt know what he is doing? And the constitution of the party said in a situation where there is a two factional state chairman the National Chairman of the party will direct such state to go for Direct primary which by such action make Obaseki handicapped and the National Chairman is to provide a level playing ground for all the contestant. The Edo People Movement (EPM) are anxiously waiting for that day. Have you guyz forgotten that it was the same Direct primary election that was used to oust Ambode by Tinubu. Politics is a game of smartness and interest. Most of the sitting governors are against Direct Primary.
Epm or opm is officially dead if this news is true.

In summary the reinstallment of oshomole is with the pre condition to allow peace reign in the party as a whole.

That's why he lifted the suspension of the vice chair as the first step to allow peace reign.

Epm is oshomole lap dog which he can blow the whistle to anytime
Re: APC Crisis: The Deal That Saved Oshiomhole by Nobody: 12:24pm On Mar 19, 2020
[quote author=spirul77 post=87577570][/quote] you will know once he run back to PDP
Re: APC Crisis: The Deal That Saved Oshiomhole by masterflowx(m): 12:25pm On Mar 19, 2020
Mikehot:
oshomole has more support base but his godfatherism stand is why more Edo people (Edo south, central) support obaseki in the two way contest.

Btw I thought you were against Adam high handdness when this was all playing out
Godfatherism or you did you just say...?

Re: APC Crisis: The Deal That Saved Oshiomhole by Nobody: 12:27pm On Mar 19, 2020
alen4smith:
stop over rating shuaibu he can't even deliver jattu let alone the entire Edo north.
leave that novice, shaibu that still says oshomole is his political father but wrong on obaseki till tomorrow.

Na file shaibu dey carry follow oshomole when he was governor sef, Edo north only knows apc because of oshomole
Re: APC Crisis: The Deal That Saved Oshiomhole by spirul77: 12:34pm On Mar 19, 2020
[quote author=udeagbalaC post=87574839]
If you can compare ambode's situation to that of obaseki it means you really don't understand this, in ambode's case, ALL the state house of assembly members were loyal to tinubu which is different in EDO, the Lagos house of assembly had the numbers to impeach ambode, all the local govt chairmen were loyal to tinubu as well.
Re: APC Crisis: The Deal That Saved Oshiomhole by spirul77: 12:36pm On Mar 19, 2020
[quote author=masterflowx post=87577613]
I laugh when you talk of godfatherism, is obaseki not a product of godfatherism?

1 Like

Re: APC Crisis: The Deal That Saved Oshiomhole by Yebosola(m): 12:40pm On Mar 19, 2020
clarocuzioo:

Chasing clout as big brother contestant or what?

Please everybody is not a retard like you. Spare me the remaining of ur low IQ by getting of my mention. You are still a kid. So go and deal with ur mate. I still have my personal respect for Sanwolu based on a personal encounter years back, ur foolishness won't change that or make me act otherwise.

Encounter my foot,swerve jor,you are a slowpoke,I know your type,u will result to insult once your lies are casted.
Re: APC Crisis: The Deal That Saved Oshiomhole by masterflowx(m): 12:43pm On Mar 19, 2020
[quote author=spirul77 post=87577897][/quote]

Yes he's, but go back to the picture and study it very well.
Re: APC Crisis: The Deal That Saved Oshiomhole by WelcomeToBiafra: 12:48pm On Mar 19, 2020
He was asked to hands-off Edo, stop harassing northern leaders, and stop his high-handedness. The presidency gave him tasks.’’

We know the taske fulani presidency gave him. The task is to hand over Edo to fulani political terrorist.

IPOB security must do something about all these fulani political slaves before they finish selling our people and our land to fulani.

Cowards complying to fulani guns and ammos/bullets.

We shall see where you nigerian politicians in BiafraLand will run to on D Day.

Re: APC Crisis: The Deal That Saved Oshiomhole by Indispensable85(m): 1:03pm On Mar 19, 2020
Speculative journalism!

2 Likes

Re: APC Crisis: The Deal That Saved Oshiomhole by phillipsword(m): 1:26pm On Mar 19, 2020
I might not be a prophet or anything but I follow after the political trend....the truth must be said so long #Oshomole remains the national chairman.......that is the end of Obaseki Era

1 Like

Re: APC Crisis: The Deal That Saved Oshiomhole by fidelswiz: 1:40pm On Mar 19, 2020
Meet us today for any form of furniture works,
Add us up on facebook with Ay furniture to see our admirable designs 07060554019

1 Like

Re: APC Crisis: The Deal That Saved Oshiomhole by desgiezd(m): 1:49pm On Mar 19, 2020
clarocuzioo:

So you think Ambode can do to Jagaban what Obaseki did to Oshiomhole.

Stop deceiving yourself
Re: APC Crisis: The Deal That Saved Oshiomhole by Hallenjay: 2:48pm On Mar 19, 2020
clarocuzioo:

That's because there's nobody from his enclave to challenge his godfatherism. Such greed, foolishness and selfishness can never happen in my enclave, Rochas tried it , and today he can tell better the difference.

Tinubu is only showing himself because he is surrounded by cowards that dare challenge him. Further politics the National level in the upcoming weeks will test a lot of things,

Let's just watch and see.
fact but if u can travel down d lane,lagos politics back den was killed and go.Tinubu used dos periods to grow very strong boys who r working 4 him up till now and he has enough oil to expand and carry dem along for a very long time

2 Likes

Re: APC Crisis: The Deal That Saved Oshiomhole by itsene: 3:25pm On Mar 19, 2020
Oshiomhole came out to support party reconciliation and , to ignorant obaseki supporters, that means 2nd term has been approved. What foolishness!
When and where did Oshiomhole, Buhari, Obaseki and Kyari meet to hash out a deal.?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Governor Obiano Visits Bridge Head Onitsha. Expresses Dissatisfaction (Pictures) / Fayose Helps Man With Eye-Cataract At Akure-Ado (Photos) / Joshua Dongoyaro Speech After Buhari Government Was Overthrown 34 Years Ago

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.