Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,252 members, 7,811,698 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:32 PM

APC Crisis: The Deal That Saved Oshiomhole - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Crisis: The Deal That Saved Oshiomhole (45095 Views)

NASS Leadership: Deal That Fetched Akpabio Tinubu’s Endorsement / APC Crisis: The Whole Thing Is Stranger Than Fiction - FFK Reacts / Faces Behind Deal That Landed Nigeria In $9.6bn Mess (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC Crisis: The Deal That Saved Oshiomhole by EagleSquare1(m): 8:41am On Mar 19, 2020
You think so? So straight forward? Ok nah, Obaseki should go ahead and set up a committee to plan his victory party.

clarocuzioo:
I continue to say this, the nonsense that happened to Ambode can only happen in Lagos.
No sitting governor that knows how to weild power will tolorate such nonsense from any greedy and selfish godfather.

Ambode come and see how to humble a godfather. Oshiomhole don humble.
Obaseki second term is too sure.

1 Like

Re: APC Crisis: The Deal That Saved Oshiomhole by Brunicekid(m): 8:41am On Mar 19, 2020
helinues:
Lies

Oshiomole is too stubborn and arrogant to let Obaseki go like that. Infact he might no mind to loose his chairman position just to see Obaseki gone.

We are watching and reading as things unfold
From my looks, Oshiomhole don humble... He has been humbled by the removal threats.

1 Like

Re: APC Crisis: The Deal That Saved Oshiomhole by abdulazeez1002(m): 8:41am On Mar 19, 2020
helinues:

For the fact Obaseki is the new hero you people are supporting now means he is a gonner..

Whoever you people support must go into political Oblivion

From Ambode to Saraki to Dino... grin
grin grin grin
Re: APC Crisis: The Deal That Saved Oshiomhole by fyneguy: 8:43am On Mar 19, 2020
clarocuzioo:
I continue to say this, the nonsense that happened to Ambode can only happen in Lagos.
No sitting governor that knows how to weild power will tolorate such nonsense from any greedy and selfish godfather.

lol He has not got the ticet, you are already jubilating. You are naive. Wait for it.

1 Like

Re: APC Crisis: The Deal That Saved Oshiomhole by Nobody: 8:43am On Mar 19, 2020
Viktom:
let those of us in Benin tell you the story as it is. even if oshiomhole were to contest the gubernatorial election against obaseki he will definitely lose. The Binis will not abandon their son for oshiomohle besides he has the Oba in support. as it stands now a thousand oshiomohle cannot stop Obaseki.
keep quiet there na Binis dey kill the obaseki pass sef.

I am talking as an obaseki supporter myself, the oba at no time made a concrete stand on the fight if not e for nor even reach this level.

Palace is divided (igbe, esogban, etc all have different partisan opinions).

4 Likes

Re: APC Crisis: The Deal That Saved Oshiomhole by jaxxy(m): 8:44am On Mar 19, 2020
helinues:
Lies

Oshiomole is too stubborn and arrogant to let Obaseki go like that. Infact he might no mind to loose his chairman position just to see Obaseki gone.

Obaseki was the main figure who saved Oshiomoles ass here. They gave him a lifeline to retrace his misguided steps.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: APC Crisis: The Deal That Saved Oshiomhole by MasterKernel: 8:45am On Mar 19, 2020
helinues:

Both Oshiomole and Obaseki goofed. So I want both of them gone.

What foundation are they laying for upcoming Edo politicians?

I can't agree less, but if the Governor is working, he shouldn't go. The party isn't as important as the people.

1 Like

Re: APC Crisis: The Deal That Saved Oshiomhole by Heffalump(m): 8:45am On Mar 19, 2020
I am very very sure the usurper called Ize Iyamu and his clique will not like this reconciliatory move at the APC National Secretariat grin

2 Likes

Re: APC Crisis: The Deal That Saved Oshiomhole by Nobody: 8:45am On Mar 19, 2020
babyfaceafrica:
Na in talk say make deputy forge result?
Na him nor fit screen those him dey give ticket to cos him don collect money

1 Like

Re: APC Crisis: The Deal That Saved Oshiomhole by Nobody: 8:46am On Mar 19, 2020
helinues:
Lies

i will admit - obaseki and co pulled a master stroke. that is outflanking of the highest degree - knocking osh baba out in his ward.

1 Like

Re: APC Crisis: The Deal That Saved Oshiomhole by vickydevoka(m): 8:47am On Mar 19, 2020
clarocuzioo:

Lagos is to big for one person. Tinibu no be one person o. Na community him be
Re: APC Crisis: The Deal That Saved Oshiomhole by Viktom(m): 8:48am On Mar 19, 2020
Nigeria is certainly cursed with bad leaders, who are only interested in their pockets, it is just a fight for the space to loot. Anyways I am working on a book on how African can be great using Nigeria as a case study. Anyone interested in the development of Nigeria and Africa at large can contact me, let coauthor.
08149487642. No WhatsApp please, call or sms
Re: APC Crisis: The Deal That Saved Oshiomhole by Nobody: 8:48am On Mar 19, 2020
Lostz:
Obaseki will be foolish to trust him. he will just sabotage everything.

I see him returning to PDP as usual. that is the life of a Nigerian politician
It's not a matter of trust, so long as he gets his ticket, oshomole is condemned to support him (it doesn't have to be openly in campaign ground since he is shy)

All the logistics backing would be given obaseki, baba sef get the people support na that apc logistics e be need cos Dem Sabi change election korokoro

2 Likes

Re: APC Crisis: The Deal That Saved Oshiomhole by abdulazeez1002(m): 8:48am On Mar 19, 2020
Viktom:
let those of us in Benin tell you the story as it is. even if oshiomhole were to contest the gubernatorial election against obaseki he will definitely lose. The Binis will not abandon their son for oshiomohle besides he has the Oba in support. as it stands now a thousand oshiomohle cannot stop Obaseki.
Lies tongue

1 Like

Re: APC Crisis: The Deal That Saved Oshiomhole by bigpicture001: 8:49am On Mar 19, 2020
Lawgod247:
A game of interests. You can't fail to admit the role Tinubu played in quelling the entire fracas though. Anyways, for CAC Company or Business Name registration, Foundation, Schools, Church, NGO, Trademark, TIN, SCUMI, NAFDAC number etc, talk to us at www. Lawlab. Com. ng. Osho saved his neck and gets to hold the wand a little longer.

Explain tinubu role

1 Like

Re: APC Crisis: The Deal That Saved Oshiomhole by MondayOsunbor(m): 8:49am On Mar 19, 2020
Viktom:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2020/03/apc-crisis-horse-trading-that-saved-oshiomhole/amp/

the only time you see nigerian politicians get serious is when their position is being danger

1 Like

Re: APC Crisis: The Deal That Saved Oshiomhole by bigpicture001: 8:50am On Mar 19, 2020
Viktom:
Nigeria is certainly cursed with bad leaders, who are only interested in their pockets, it is just a fight for the space to loot. Anyways I am working on a book on how African can be great using Nigeria as a case study. Anyone interested in the development of Nigeria and Africa at large can contact me, let coauthor.
08149487642. No WhatsApp please, call or sms

Ok
Re: APC Crisis: The Deal That Saved Oshiomhole by EagleSquare1(m): 8:51am On Mar 19, 2020
This is what baffles me when I hear certain comments from some political analysts.
Suddenly, Obaseki is a political maverick because he holds the purse.
As for the governorship election, people forget that we have the man Ize-Iyamu on standby, and that it took an Oshiomhole to stop him from defeating Obaseki. Oshiomhole had to beg the people of Edo to honour him by choosing Godwin Obaseki.
Remember, Ize-Iyamu is also a Bini son. He has supporters and he has structures, even if not very active now, which can be revived and oiled overnight.

Anyways, Obaseki can go to sleep assured of a second term, abi?

helinues:

Between Oshiomole and Obaseki, who has more support base in Edo state?

3 Likes

Re: APC Crisis: The Deal That Saved Oshiomhole by AmazingELixir: 8:53am On Mar 19, 2020
nzeobi:
What of ize iyamu and others that defected to APC hoping for oshiomoles magic.

grin

One billion Naira question
Re: APC Crisis: The Deal That Saved Oshiomhole by helinues: 8:57am On Mar 19, 2020
MasterKernel:

I can't agree less, but if the Governor is working, he shouldn't go. The party isn't as important as the people.

A working Governor shouldn't be distracted by mere noise.
Re: APC Crisis: The Deal That Saved Oshiomhole by Nobody: 8:57am On Mar 19, 2020
Mikehot:
It's not a matter of trust, so long as he gets his ticket, oshomole is condemned to support him (it doesn't have to be openly in campaign ground since he is shy)

All the logistics backing would be given obaseki, baba sef get the people support na that apc logistics e be need cos Dem Sabi change election korokoro
will be nice if obaseki win the primary and lose the main election.
Re: APC Crisis: The Deal That Saved Oshiomhole by tnktosin(m): 8:58am On Mar 19, 2020
Now, this is the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

Mikehot:
Oga let me tell you what is happening in Edo as a true son not the ones you read on paper.

People didn't like obaseki at first only because they thought he would be a lap dog to oshomole.

Now fate has designed it that he is governor, alot of people have come to discover he was even what Edo needs now (he knows how to manage resources and meet salaries and infrastructures)

He is liberal and level headed, he has stopped alot of the high handdness not just oshomole but in Edo atlarge from community cds, tax etc

And he is working without making noise, let him continue but oshomole said he is God.

I don't see how he goofed, he actually used the only word oshomole understands which is create enough pressure for consessions.

He has liased with oshomole b4 but he refused, the private University shrouded in mystery which oshomole built with Edo money, as well as the billions oshomole took in promise to end erosion in Edo state are supposed to be the cases obaseki would have gone personal on if indeed it went beyond just his governorship ticket
Re: APC Crisis: The Deal That Saved Oshiomhole by Lawgod247: 8:59am On Mar 19, 2020
bigpicture001:

Explain tinubu role

Concisely put, there are two individuals that dictate the heart beat of the APC as a political party viz: PMB and Tinubu. It is behind this two that the rest queue behind. Anyone not behind this two is a lone ranger.

Now, as the crisis raged, PMB and Tinubu maintained their cool. When Tinubu took a position and made same public, other members of the party on the fense hitherto, found their voices. Some of those against osho and who had hitherto been on the offensive cowered and fell in line.

That simple stance taken by Tinubu saved the day to some extent.

My opinion though.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Crisis: The Deal That Saved Oshiomhole by juman(m): 9:02am On Mar 19, 2020
Oshiomhole, trust worthy person.
We know him so much.
Re: APC Crisis: The Deal That Saved Oshiomhole by yemolee2001(m): 9:03am On Mar 19, 2020
It is good to be good. Ambode was very arrogant when he was a governor, he had no good relationship with other top politicians in his state and so, nobody to support him for the 2nd term. He also had no good relationship with other governors unlike Obaseki that was able to even suspend Oshiomole in his own ward because he has many top politicians in his state on his side and also has some governors (may be with presidency self) on his side.
clarocuzioo:

One thing is common in both cases, godfatherism.
The difference is , one decided to fight like a man with balls while the other acted sissy, and today you can see the results of the both men.

So technically Obaseki has drawn a template on how to fight a godfather and survive.

1 Like

Re: APC Crisis: The Deal That Saved Oshiomhole by realstars: 9:05am On Mar 19, 2020
If Corona Pesist Who Will Care About Voting Morons Into Who's Office?

1 Like

Re: APC Crisis: The Deal That Saved Oshiomhole by MasterKernel: 9:06am On Mar 19, 2020
helinues:

A working Governor shouldn't be distracted by mere noise.

It's not mere noise. He's the Chairman of the Governor's exam body, of which if he doesn't fight it, he will be blackmailed and shipped out irrespective of his efforts.
Re: APC Crisis: The Deal That Saved Oshiomhole by Asekhamhe1: 9:09am On Mar 19, 2020
Now i can vote my obaseki. The man deserve a second term. The governor dey work. Edo like better thing biko

1 Like

Re: APC Crisis: The Deal That Saved Oshiomhole by encryptjay(m): 9:13am On Mar 19, 2020
Obaseki too get balls. Oshiomole should stop all these gra gra, people pulling the strings don't have time for such.

1 Like

Re: APC Crisis: The Deal That Saved Oshiomhole by ernieboy(m): 9:15am On Mar 19, 2020
BUHARIISCURSED:

Stubborn fly they follow corpse enter grave, we tell you say Edo no be Lagos. Wetin go make Obaseki enter second term, forget am my brother Adams is finished politically in Edo state as shaibu go take him structure for Edo north. Na why he they fight gragra but he has lost, imagine the fool made his cousin the minister from Edo state of all qualified persons.
he also wanted to make his son take over shaibu's seat in the h of r, but for the stiff opposition and outcry he would have succeeded. Presently his brother is one of the renegade house of assembly members, he wants to turn Edo north to his family property.

1 Like

Re: APC Crisis: The Deal That Saved Oshiomhole by Silla007: 9:17am On Mar 19, 2020
Viktom:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2020/03/apc-crisis-horse-trading-that-saved-oshiomhole/amp/

Politics is the aggregation of the interests of the ruling class not for the ruled.

1 Like

Re: APC Crisis: The Deal That Saved Oshiomhole by tunderay(m): 9:18am On Mar 19, 2020
clarocuzioo:

One thing is common in both cases, godfatherism.
The difference is , one decided to fight like a man with balls while the other acted sissy, and today you can see the results of the both men.

So technically Obaseki has drawn a template on how to fight a godfather and survive.
Yes, I agree both are godfatherrism. But talking about fight, Ambode cant fight any fight in his own case, you guys are just looking at him as a weakling, he is not, it was a battle he will always lose. Even Obaseki only leveraged on the fact that Oshiomole is the party chairman and so his position can be threatened, and of course not as powerful and influential as Tinubu .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Senate Gives Osinbajo 3 Conditions To Accept Magu / "If I do not see the Yahaya Bello case to the end, I will resign" - Olukoyede / Pictures Of Top Nigeria Politicians In Suit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.