Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,653 members, 7,823,850 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:29 PM

Convid-19 Suspected Case, Should I Report it? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Convid-19 Suspected Case, Should I Report it? (822 Views)

Coronavirus: Katsina Records First Suspected Case / Coronavirus: Suspected Case In Enugu Tests Negative / Benue Records Suspected Case Of Monkeypox (Disturbing Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Convid-19 Suspected Case, Should I Report it? by FuckAllTheMODs: 10:18am On Mar 19, 2020
I have a friend who happens to be a flat mate, he has been sneezing and coughing since 2 days ago and he didn't isolate himself, yesterday I stylishly(jokingly) told him to take measures but he told me if people don't sneeze or cough again. He even went to work today.

I'm not comfortable with him around me anymore and I am also concerned about others.

Should I report him or just let him be?
I need advice on what to do because I don't want a situation where he will think I am a bad person if he eventually test negative(you will understand what I an saying if you have been following the situation in Nigeria).
Re: Convid-19 Suspected Case, Should I Report it? by rockafela(m): 10:22am On Mar 19, 2020
You should be more concerned about yourself, send isolate yourself ASAP...call and get yourself tested
Re: Convid-19 Suspected Case, Should I Report it? by donbachi(m): 10:28am On Mar 19, 2020
Report him to who?Why u wan kill ur friend..dem go just use am do experiment with no end result..pls dont endanger him if u truely love him...pathogens at home could cause dat or an allergy.
Re: Convid-19 Suspected Case, Should I Report it? by Makavelli25: 10:35am On Mar 19, 2020
My broda Let him go out. Pack all your load and run!!!
Run!!!!! For ya live.

1 Like

Re: Convid-19 Suspected Case, Should I Report it? by Tunex252(m): 10:37am On Mar 19, 2020
Makavelli25:
My broda
Let him go out. Pack all your load and run!!!

Run!!!!! For ya live.

guy

1 Like

Re: Convid-19 Suspected Case, Should I Report it? by onos1979(f): 10:57am On Mar 19, 2020
Makavelli25:
My broda
Let him go out. Pack all your load and run!!!

Run!!!!! For ya live.

run to where? what if he is already infected?
Re: Convid-19 Suspected Case, Should I Report it? by Jakumo(m): 11:11am On Mar 19, 2020
onos1979:

If Corona virus test kits are in very short supply in the EU and USA, then it is safe to assume that such test kits are even more rare in Africa, meaning that the OP will more than likely be arrested and forcibly quarantined if he were to report himself to authorities as a possible carrier of the deadly illness.

In his shoes, I would hurriedly relocate, and then self-quarantine for two weeks, after which, if there are no clinical signs of infection, a semblance of normality can resume.

Finally, with the onset of the rainy season in West Africa, ALL seasonal coughs and sneezing will be regarded as symptoms of Corona virus, as a panic response to world events, even if they are not in fact cases of the dreaded Corona virus.

1 Like

Re: Convid-19 Suspected Case, Should I Report it? by FuckAllTheMODs: 11:11am On Mar 19, 2020
onos1979:

This is the reason why going home is not an option at the moment.

The reason why I am taking time is because around February he had same illness and recovered, so I don't know if it is the same illness, just that the symptoms are same with Convid-19 own.

I will wait for him to come back this evening, if I see that he is yet to recover, I will leave this place for now.

1 Like

Re: Convid-19 Suspected Case, Should I Report it? by Jakumo(m): 11:12am On Mar 19, 2020
FuckAllTheMODs:

This is the reason why going home is not an option at the moment.

The reason why I am taking time is because around February he had same illness and recovered, so I don't know if it is the same illness, just that the symptoms are same with Convid-19 own.

I will wait for him to come back this evening, if I see that he is yet to recover, I will leave this place for now.

Good decision.

1 Like

Re: Convid-19 Suspected Case, Should I Report it? by FuckAllTheMODs: 11:12am On Mar 19, 2020
Jakumo:

If Corona virus test kits are in very short supply in the EU and USA, then it is safe to assume that such test kits are even more rare in Africa, meaning that the OP will more than likely be arrested and forcibly quarantined if he were to report himself to authorities as a possible carrier of the deadly illness.

In his shoes, I would hurriedly relocate, and then self-quarantine for two weeks, after which, if there are no clinical signs of infection, a semblqnce of normality can resume.

Finally, with the onset of the rainy season in West Africa, ALL seasonal coughs and sneezing will be regarded as symptoms of Corona virus, as a panic response to world events, even if they are not in fact cases of the dreaded Corona virus.

Yeah, you're on point.

(1) (Reply)

COVID-19 BREAKING NEWS:-Queen Elizabeth Tests Positive To Coronavirus / Gunshot: What Happens When a bullet hits Someone / I Have Been Diagnosed Of The Silent Thief Of The Sight - GLAUCOMA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.