Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,700 members, 7,809,658 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:37 PM

Petrol Has Been Deregulated- Thru The Back Door... - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Petrol Has Been Deregulated- Thru The Back Door... (681 Views)

Atiku: If We Truly Deregulated, Shouldn’t Fuel Price Drop? / Amosun: How Tinubu Escaped Through The Back Door At Ogun APC Rally / Sokoto: Gang Up Against Tambuwal’s Plot To Return Through ‘back Door’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Petrol Has Been Deregulated- Thru The Back Door... by DZTech: 7:27pm On Mar 19, 2020
u read d tweet:

ANNOUNCEMENT: The official Price of Petrol in Nigeria is now N125 per Litre. A Price Modulation Mechanism is being introduced, to be managed by the Petroleum Products Pricing Regulatory Agency (PPPRA), to henceforth adjust the price in line with the market price of crude oil.
- https://twitter.com/NigeriaGov/status/1240318731781386242

did u miss it?
lemme ep u joor cheesy -
"A Price Modulation Mechanism is being introduced, to be managed by the Petroleum Products Pricing Regulatory Agency (PPPRA), to henceforth adjust the price in line with the market price of crude oil."

so.
d deed is done.
without d slightest hint of noise, protest or discussion.
did I predict dis one dis year?
I'll have to check.
enjoy! cool
Re: Petrol Has Been Deregulated- Thru The Back Door... by fastlane84: 7:36pm On Mar 19, 2020
Elaborate please thank you
Re: Petrol Has Been Deregulated- Thru The Back Door... by Nobody: 7:57pm On Mar 19, 2020
For deregulation to happen, the government has to announce that

1. It is no longer setting the price of fuel

2. Pricing is now in the hands of oil companies and marketers

1 Like

Re: Petrol Has Been Deregulated- Thru The Back Door... by ojesymsym: 8:00pm On Mar 19, 2020
As long as government fixes a price, it is not yet deregulated. That's why I always laugh when people say GEJ tried to deregulate PM's in 2012 when he also fixed a price.

DZTech:
u read d tweet:

did u miss it?
lemme ep u joor cheesy -
"A Price Modulation Mechanism is being introduced, to be managed by the Petroleum Products Pricing Regulatory Agency (PPPRA), to henceforth adjust the price in line with the market price of crude oil."

so.
d deed is done.
I'll have to check.
enjoy! cool
Re: Petrol Has Been Deregulated- Thru The Back Door... by Xisnin(m): 8:23pm On Mar 19, 2020
DZTech:
u read d tweet:

did u miss it?
lemme ep u joor cheesy -

so.
d deed is done.
I'll have to check.
enjoy! cool
Nothing to see here.
Price fixing is the opposite of deregulation.
When was the last time the government announced the price per kg of Garri?
That is your cue.
Re: Petrol Has Been Deregulated- Thru The Back Door... by DZTech: 12:01am On Mar 20, 2020
Xisnin:

Nothing to see here.
That is your cue.
in developed nations, many deregulated products r under caveat of govt's ditrect management- from petrol and diesel to dairy products.
in d us, govt gives farmers subsidies or buy up excess stock- just to stabilize prices.
d UK govt regulates pump price on a regular basis, pardon d pun.
grants and stimulus packages r also ways of helping specific industries.
so when prices change with external factors, it's deregulated- despite occasional govt interventions.
Re: Petrol Has Been Deregulated- Thru The Back Door... by DZTech: 12:03am On Mar 20, 2020
Xisnin:

Nothing to see here.
That is your cue.
how many direct govt subventions do farmers enjoy?
fertilizer, seedlings, tools, training, etc?
and u still think d price of ur garri is market driven?
Re: Petrol Has Been Deregulated- Thru The Back Door... by DZTech: 12:09am On Mar 20, 2020
ojesymsym:
As long as government fixes a price, it is not yet deregulated. That's why I always laugh when people say GEJ tried to deregulate PM's in 2012 when he also fixed a price.

d price in 2012 was d exact price of a litre as landed in a filling station, based on source at d time- d us.
interestingly, it was also d naira equivalent price of 1 litre of petrol in d us, as at 31/12/2011.
considering wholesale purchase, transportation costs, etc I expect d marketers had a healthy margin.
I checked.
u can too
Re: Petrol Has Been Deregulated- Thru The Back Door... by DZTech: 12:11am On Mar 20, 2020
kikero:

kindly read my previous discourse to see why ur summation is slightly off course.

cheers!
Re: Petrol Has Been Deregulated- Thru The Back Door... by DZTech: 12:14am On Mar 20, 2020
fastlane84:
Elaborate please thank you
kindly read thru my previous discourse with oers above. if u still have questions, lemme know! smiley
Re: Petrol Has Been Deregulated- Thru The Back Door... by poiZon: 7:57am On Mar 20, 2020
ojesymsym:

So by removing 20naira that is deregulation?

Hmmm
Re: Petrol Has Been Deregulated- Thru The Back Door... by DZTech: 5:05pm On Mar 20, 2020
poiZon:

So by removing 20naira that is deregulation?

Hmmm
it's ridiculous, but how can they do more?
we use about $19 to produce a barrel.
at under $30 per barrel, wots d gain?
we're in serious trouble.
Re: Petrol Has Been Deregulated- Thru The Back Door... by Hbabarb: 5:09pm On Mar 20, 2020
This is not a good news, this Country ehnn
Re: Petrol Has Been Deregulated- Thru The Back Door... by GeorgeTheCoder: 5:18pm On Mar 20, 2020
kikero:

Go and read the communique again. That is exactly what the government has done.

(1) (Reply)

Throwback: How We Made Anambra Nigeria’s 4th Largest Economy — Gov Obiano / Opinion: Reasons Why Abba Kyari's Death Could Stay Hidden For 2 Weeks / Miyetti Allah To Roll Out 100,000 Vigilantes Across Nigeria – Abdullahi Bodejo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.