Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,765 members, 7,817,111 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:06 AM

Coronavirus: FG Orders Closure Of Varsities, Schools Nationwide - Health (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Coronavirus: FG Orders Closure Of Varsities, Schools Nationwide (103923 Views)

Coronavirus: FG To Ban Inter-State Travel, Close Motor Parks / Coronavirus: FG To Use Police, Military To Enforce Social Distancing / Coronavirus: FG Confirms Five New Cases (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coronavirus: FG Orders Closure Of Varsities, Schools Nationwide by fabuloz1(m): 11:55pm On Mar 19, 2020
Amaa2019:
Wonders shal never end, see the same person who talk say Northern gov quick close skul cos them no wan learn (dem prefer illiteracy) today na same man dey talk why govt no close skul from day1
Some people's mouth are like double edged sword grin

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: FG Orders Closure Of Varsities, Schools Nationwide by electron: 11:57pm On Mar 19, 2020
I disagree with your statement. Naija govt approach is still much proactive compare to the developed country which I am .

RandomVic:

Oga this is a matter of life and death! Not your usual APC, PDP nonsense. Rational governments around the world shut down schools with immediate effect whilst ours was dragging its feet leaving our borders open practically inviting the virus to our shores.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: FG Orders Closure Of Varsities, Schools Nationwide by millionboi2: 11:58pm On Mar 19, 2020
starbuck:
Most private schools won't heed to it especially my kids school...
thy can b arrested.

U don't disobey government
Re: Coronavirus: FG Orders Closure Of Varsities, Schools Nationwide by Nobody: 12:00am On Mar 20, 2020
Talking from experience

nrexzy:
Na badt market for hustling babes ooo
Re: Coronavirus: FG Orders Closure Of Varsities, Schools Nationwide by xtremeTall(m): 12:11am On Mar 20, 2020
RandomVic:

Oga this is a matter of life and death! Not your usual APC, PDP nonsense. Rational governments around the world shut down schools with immediate effect whilst ours was dragging its feet leaving our borders open practically inviting the virus to our shores.
you see too dey talk...u still prove am grin

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: FG Orders Closure Of Varsities, Schools Nationwide by mvem(m): 12:15am On Mar 20, 2020
iHart:
the thing is, if you think you want to curtail the spread, you shouldn't allow those who already have been isolated in a camp to go home. If any one already had it, it will be impossible to trace the spread. In one of the camps, a corps member that came from UK tested positive.
I understand...but I don't think anyone tested positive for we would have known and ncdc would have updated their inf

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: FG Orders Closure Of Varsities, Schools Nationwide by mvem(m): 12:15am On Mar 20, 2020
iHart:
the thing is, if you think you want to curtail the spread, you shouldn't allow those who already have been isolated in a camp to go home. If any one already had it, it will be impossible to trace the spread. In one of the camps, a corps member that came from UK tested positive.
I understand...but I don't think anyone tested positive for we would have known and ncdc would have updated their info
Re: Coronavirus: FG Orders Closure Of Varsities, Schools Nationwide by Tintinnoty(m): 12:17am On Mar 20, 2020
starbuck:
Most private schools won't heed to it especially my kids school...
More like your kids attend kingdom heritage owned by winners chapel. The management of that school too stubborn for my liking.
Re: Coronavirus: FG Orders Closure Of Varsities, Schools Nationwide by willyjacs(m): 12:17am On Mar 20, 2020
RandomVic:
While other countries have shut down schools since day 1. We are always too slow to react in this part of the world.
how did other countries shut down schools in day one
Where this pikin Comot from sef?

Dunno why it's people that are not current that complain the most.

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: FG Orders Closure Of Varsities, Schools Nationwide by willyjacs(m): 12:19am On Mar 20, 2020
RandomVic:

so with all the border closures nd the right things those countries did, how come the virus still filled their countries in thousands

3 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: FG Orders Closure Of Varsities, Schools Nationwide by willyjacs(m): 12:21am On Mar 20, 2020
Amaa2019:
Wonders shal never end, see the same person who talk say Northern gov quick close skul cos them no wan learn (dem prefer illiteracy) today na same man dey talk why govt no close skul from day1
that dude is sick from ignorance

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: FG Orders Closure Of Varsities, Schools Nationwide by Myself2(m): 12:46am On Mar 20, 2020
youngsahito:
you talk too much Mr Man...if they do anything u will still talk

Na their way

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: FG Orders Closure Of Varsities, Schools Nationwide by TempleHouse: 12:59am On Mar 20, 2020
iHart:
Those Corpers they sent home,... They should have isolated them in the camp for more weeks than sending them home. Now they have sent them home, they will go and spread the virus.
Even the PDP Rallies, and all attendees are super carrier of COVID 19 and people should avoid them otherwise...
Re: Coronavirus: FG Orders Closure Of Varsities, Schools Nationwide by sapientia(m): 1:42am On Mar 20, 2020
iHart:
Those Corpers they sent home,... They should have isolated them in the camp for more weeks than sending them home. Now they have sent them home, they will go and spread the virus.

Wait, they were all sent home?
Re: Coronavirus: FG Orders Closure Of Varsities, Schools Nationwide by Thunderblasts(m): 1:52am On Mar 20, 2020
youngsahito:
you talk too much Mr Man...if they do anything u will still talk
They ain't proactive at all. If they were, Corona wouldn't have entered Nigeria sef
Re: Coronavirus: FG Orders Closure Of Varsities, Schools Nationwide by Judybash93(m): 1:54am On Mar 20, 2020
rrreer:
The end time.....if you know you know

Yes oOo... Just like the Spanish Flu epidemic, World war 1, World war 2, Small pox epidemic and stuffs like that cheesy
Re: Coronavirus: FG Orders Closure Of Varsities, Schools Nationwide by koladata(m): 2:07am On Mar 20, 2020
Well said my brother , this is not the usual APC and PDP blame game, I was a buhari fan, i hate the man to the bone right now. This is not electric or road project that the useless snail has be dragging for years, just close the borders!!! just close the borders, i'm sure many nigerians already have this virus, just that we don't have good testing measures.
RandomVic:

Re: Coronavirus: FG Orders Closure Of Varsities, Schools Nationwide by Henry22(m): 2:13am On Mar 20, 2020
RandomVic:
While other countries have shut down schools since day 1. We are always too slow to react in this part of the world.

Hv u forgotten we hv baba go slow as president?
Re: Coronavirus: FG Orders Closure Of Varsities, Schools Nationwide by AIIyIic(f): 2:39am On Mar 20, 2020
Lumig:
All this closing of schools worship centers may not really make any difference if our market places are not closed...

Very very true.
Unfortunately this is the bitter truth

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: FG Orders Closure Of Varsities, Schools Nationwide by londayo: 2:55am On Mar 20, 2020
Maski87:
Please can we do runs from home
not only runs from home, you can even waka from home
Re: Coronavirus: FG Orders Closure Of Varsities, Schools Nationwide by nurex01(m): 2:59am On Mar 20, 2020
rrreer:
The end time.....if you know you know
it's not the end, please
Re: Coronavirus: FG Orders Closure Of Varsities, Schools Nationwide by gare(f): 3:14am On Mar 20, 2020
sheylarhh:
https://punchng.com/breaking-coronavirus-fg-orders-closure-of-varsities-schools-nationwide/

What are they waiting for to close our borders?
This government is playing with people's lives, no one should be allowed in anymore from any country.
Re: Coronavirus: FG Orders Closure Of Varsities, Schools Nationwide by bendazum: 3:22am On Mar 20, 2020
nuele:
Federal government always unclear! Why not simply say closure of all federal schools nationwide and private schools in the FCT. Let the states handle states schools and private schools in their jurisdiction. Let's be consistent with our laws, no need for federal taunting the state. This might impede the original purpose.

Federal supercedes the state. Allowing individual states to shut down schools may not be effective.

It's an emergency and thus needs such Presidential Orders.
Re: Coronavirus: FG Orders Closure Of Varsities, Schools Nationwide by Cholison(m): 3:26am On Mar 20, 2020
The government has been living in denial all along, no the disaster is here full blast. Prayers.......................
Re: Coronavirus: FG Orders Closure Of Varsities, Schools Nationwide by ofiko123(m): 3:32am On Mar 20, 2020
Nice one from the government, this will help to reduce the spread of the virus...
Re: Coronavirus: FG Orders Closure Of Varsities, Schools Nationwide by bendazum: 3:42am On Mar 20, 2020
How will they enforce it?

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: FG Orders Closure Of Varsities, Schools Nationwide by bendazum: 3:49am On Mar 20, 2020
Olu3939:
Why won't they? It pays them to close than to remain open. Do you know how much it costs to run a school for two weeks? That's what the proprietor will save. Parents have paid. No refunds will be made.

It wont prevent them from paying workers salary even if they close for 2 months.
Re: Coronavirus: FG Orders Closure Of Varsities, Schools Nationwide by bendazum: 3:50am On Mar 20, 2020
Smithwilliams826:
And u told u all parents paid? U think its easy to run a sch in Nigeria?

It depends on your school policy.
Re: Coronavirus: FG Orders Closure Of Varsities, Schools Nationwide by ofiko123(m): 4:09am On Mar 20, 2020
Nice one from the federal government...
Re: Coronavirus: FG Orders Closure Of Varsities, Schools Nationwide by EgunMogaji2: 4:19am On Mar 20, 2020
Boko Haram upon hearing the news

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: FG Orders Closure Of Varsities, Schools Nationwide by EgunMogaji2: 4:21am On Mar 20, 2020
bendazum:
How will they enforce it?

In my younger days, army go don full for ground complete with tanks cool

I miss military rule.

Argue with your keyboard as i’m doing social distancing.

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: FG Orders Closure Of Varsities, Schools Nationwide by EgunMogaji2: 4:22am On Mar 20, 2020

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

UK's First Coronavirus Mega Hospital With 4,000 Beds And Cubicle (Pics) / 150 People Died In Kano From An Unknown Disease / 15 Chinese Doctors Arrive In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.