Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,138 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:54 AM

FG Orders Closure Of Varsities, Schools Nationwide Over The Fear Of Coronavirus - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Orders Closure Of Varsities, Schools Nationwide Over The Fear Of Coronavirus (799 Views)

All Imo Flights Blacklisted Nationwide Over Attack On NLC President / FG Deploys Security Operatives To Airports Nationwide Over Threats / Edo Assembly Holds First Plenary, Orders Closure Of House’s Bank Accounts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

FG Orders Closure Of Varsities, Schools Nationwide Over The Fear Of Coronavirus by Transparent(m): 8:53pm On Mar 19, 2020
The Federal Ministry of Education has ordered the immediate closure of tertiary institutions, secondary and primary schools nationwide over the fear of coronavirus in Nigeria and as part of the precaution measures to reduce the spread of the virus.

The Permanent Secretary of the Ministry of Education, Mr Sonny Echono, confirmed this to The PUNCH in Abuja on Thursday.

When sent an inquiry through a text message, Echono simply replied, “Confirmed.”

MORE NEWS: https://www.akinblog.com/2020/03/19/fg-orders-closure-of-varsities-schools-nationwide-over-the-fear-of-coronavirus/
Re: FG Orders Closure Of Varsities, Schools Nationwide Over The Fear Of Coronavirus by horladtop(m): 8:54pm On Mar 19, 2020
Yea
Re: FG Orders Closure Of Varsities, Schools Nationwide Over The Fear Of Coronavirus by ThatFairGuy: 8:54pm On Mar 19, 2020
Closure of varsities or restrictions of movement(into) in our international airport angry. They must be sniffing something
Meanwhile, I missed someone here, wink

2 Likes

Re: FG Orders Closure Of Varsities, Schools Nationwide Over The Fear Of Coronavirus by seunlayi(m): 8:55pm On Mar 19, 2020
This closure could have been delayed till a later date had it be that govt yielded to the call to close our doors against travelers /carriers earlier while we continue to monitor the now cured Italian man index.

And I m happy because there is nowhere for anybody to run to grin we are in this together and we are all going to pay for it.
Re: FG Orders Closure Of Varsities, Schools Nationwide Over The Fear Of Coronavirus by Olofin2(m): 8:55pm On Mar 19, 2020
G
Re: FG Orders Closure Of Varsities, Schools Nationwide Over The Fear Of Coronavirus by binsanni(m): 8:56pm On Mar 19, 2020
e don happen

egungun how market

Re: FG Orders Closure Of Varsities, Schools Nationwide Over The Fear Of Coronavirus by seunlayi(m): 8:56pm On Mar 19, 2020
ThatFairGuy:
I missed someone here, wink
he travelled but now back from UK.

I think this is one of the reasons for the delay in our flight restrictions

Re: FG Orders Closure Of Varsities, Schools Nationwide Over The Fear Of Coronavirus by Citytrend: 8:57pm On Mar 19, 2020
This could've been avoided with common Border closure few weeks ago. But they won't because the President daughter. The Nigerian priceless virtue was abroad on jamboree.

Honestly, this is not the Nigeria our fallen Heroes died for!!!!
Re: FG Orders Closure Of Varsities, Schools Nationwide Over The Fear Of Coronavirus by seunlayi(m): 8:57pm On Mar 19, 2020
Is what this govt caused
Re: FG Orders Closure Of Varsities, Schools Nationwide Over The Fear Of Coronavirus by ThatFairGuy: 9:00pm On Mar 19, 2020
So that's why he hasn't been online. Eeyah cheesy cheesy
seunlayi:
he is now in wuhan
Re: FG Orders Closure Of Varsities, Schools Nationwide Over The Fear Of Coronavirus by Kenmatt(m): 9:02pm On Mar 19, 2020
My question, will it take effect after ASUU strike?
Re: FG Orders Closure Of Varsities, Schools Nationwide Over The Fear Of Coronavirus by Young03(m): 9:13pm On Mar 19, 2020
ASUU no go like this news
Good move at least before school resume, money go don come.
bet9ja own pain me oo

1 Like

Re: FG Orders Closure Of Varsities, Schools Nationwide Over The Fear Of Coronavirus by Mynd44: 9:20pm On Mar 19, 2020

(1)

Locking Down Lagos, Abuja For Two Weeks Dangerous, Adegboruwa Tells Buhari / We Went From The Most Arrogant Chest Beaters To International Beggers / Ndi Enugu B'anyi Our Poverty Index Is 60%: Return Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.