Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,025 members, 7,956,797 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 07:13 PM

We Will Not Shut Down Churches Because Of Coronavirus - PFN Chairman - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / We Will Not Shut Down Churches Because Of Coronavirus - PFN Chairman (2083 Views)

COVID-19: Ijede General Hospital Not Shut Down — Olufunmilayo Bankole / Latest Worldwide Cases Of Coronavirus (Photo) / Ghana: 2 Suspected Cases Of Coronavirus Recorded In Accra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Will Not Shut Down Churches Because Of Coronavirus - PFN Chairman by winningwinner(m): 9:30pm On Mar 19, 2020
Joshua Opayinka, chairman of the Pentecostal Fellowship of Nigeria (PFN) in one of the Western States of Nigeria has declared that churches would not stop holding services because of the Coronavirus pandemic.

He said the pandemic was an evil spirit floating around the world and would find it impossible to enter the church.

Opayinka, who spoke to the BBN Yoruba, said only the power of prayers could stop the virus from spreading.

“They cannot tell us to close worship centres because of coronavirus; cutting the head off is not the solution to a headache,” he said, stressing that God was aware of the pandemic sweeping through the world and only had the solution.

The cleric urged Christians to intensify prayers to God to bring an end to the pandemic, adding that God killed Ebola and the congregation should call Him again to kill coronavirus.

Opayinka said: “The evil spirit that travels around the world is what is called Coronavirus, anybody who brings this spirit to the church will not be able to enter the church, the spirit will not enter the church,” he declared.

The cleric said the church would abide by any instruction given by the government over coronavirus but urged it not to shutdown worship centres because only congregational worship would provide solution to the pandemic.

Source:
https://thewhistler.ng/we-will-not-shut-down-churches-for-coronavirus-pfn-chairman/
Re: We Will Not Shut Down Churches Because Of Coronavirus - PFN Chairman by Amotolongbo(f): 9:33pm On Mar 19, 2020
The fact is that majority of these pastors won’t care if church services hold or not, so far the tithes and offerings are getting to the church, members can stay at home against corona.

4 Likes

Re: We Will Not Shut Down Churches Because Of Coronavirus - PFN Chairman by topsam1(m): 9:35pm On Mar 19, 2020
Hahaha, see wetin tithing don cause now...
winningwinner:
Joshua Opayinka, chairman of the Pentecostal Fellowship of Nigeria (PFN) in one of the Western States of Nigeria has declared that churches would not stop holding services because of the Coronavirus pandemic.

He said the pandemic was an evil spirit floating around the world and would find it impossible to enter the church.

Opayinka, who spoke to the BBN Yoruba, said only the power of prayers could stop the virus from spreading.

“They cannot tell us to close worship centres because of coronavirus; cutting the head off is not the solution to a headache,” he said, stressing that God was aware of the pandemic sweeping through the world and only had the solution.

The cleric urged Christians to intensify prayers to God to bring an end to the pandemic, adding that God killed Ebola and the congregation should call Him again to kill coronavirus.

Opayinka said: “The evil spirit that travels around the world is what is called Coronavirus, anybody who brings this spirit to the church will not be able to enter the church, the spirit will not enter the church,” he declared.

The cleric said the church would abide by any instruction given by the government over coronavirus but urged it not to shutdown worship centres because only congregational worship would provide solution to the pandemic.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Will Not Shut Down Churches Because Of Coronavirus - PFN Chairman by seunlayi(m): 9:36pm On Mar 19, 2020
Sir, go back to your bible and read it to know more about the duty of Christian to the govt. I can't tell you where to read because you should know better. Govt has spoken and even if it is your local govt chairman, this must be obeyed sir

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Will Not Shut Down Churches Because Of Coronavirus - PFN Chairman by winningwinner(m): 9:38pm On Mar 19, 2020

1 Like

Re: We Will Not Shut Down Churches Because Of Coronavirus - PFN Chairman by shugaboy6102(m): 9:40pm On Mar 19, 2020
This man wants to put the lives of his members @ risk. It is wise to obey constituted authorities.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Will Not Shut Down Churches Because Of Coronavirus - PFN Chairman by Nobody: 9:43pm On Mar 19, 2020
Religion is a curse

1 Like

Re: We Will Not Shut Down Churches Because Of Coronavirus - PFN Chairman by Nobody: 9:45pm On Mar 19, 2020
The Christian faith becomes nothing, should churches be shut down. We have faith in the miracles Jesus did...and still does. If God could heal people with the dreaded HIV in my church, what the hell is the Coronavirus?

2 Likes

Re: We Will Not Shut Down Churches Because Of Coronavirus - PFN Chairman by winningwinner(m): 9:45pm On Mar 19, 2020
[quote author=simplelex post=87592368]Religion is a curse[/quote

Only in your dream..
Re: We Will Not Shut Down Churches Because Of Coronavirus - PFN Chairman by Mizwisdom(f): 9:46pm On Mar 19, 2020
May God be praised!
Re: We Will Not Shut Down Churches Because Of Coronavirus - PFN Chairman by winningwinner(m): 9:46pm On Mar 19, 2020
fairfora:
The Christian faith becomes nothing, should churches be shut down. If God could heal people with the dreaded HIV in my church, what the hell is the Coronavirus?

I go with you my dear...
Re: We Will Not Shut Down Churches Because Of Coronavirus - PFN Chairman by espn(m): 9:47pm On Mar 19, 2020
Africans Africans Africans...

1 Like

Re: We Will Not Shut Down Churches Because Of Coronavirus - PFN Chairman by Ehiscotch(m): 9:48pm On Mar 19, 2020
"God doesn't in dwell in houses made by human hands" (Acts 7 vs 48). The building might be under lock and key but the spirit of God moves to and fro the earth...

To those above me, stop taking subjective opinions of clerics and pastors as the general Christian belief ( which has been clearly expounded in the bible).

1 Like

Re: We Will Not Shut Down Churches Because Of Coronavirus - PFN Chairman by Nobody: 9:54pm On Mar 19, 2020
I will personally sue you.
Re: We Will Not Shut Down Churches Because Of Coronavirus - PFN Chairman by winningwinner(m): 9:55pm On Mar 19, 2020
Ehiscotch:
"God doesn't in dwell in houses made by human hands" (Acts 7 vs 48). The building might be under lock and key but the spirit of God moves to and fro the earth...

To those above me, stop taking subjective opinions of clerics and pastors as the general Christian belief ( which has been clearly expounded in the bible).

Is that the spirit of a fearful or a fearless Christian? You even quoted the Scriptures to buttress... It's well...
Re: We Will Not Shut Down Churches Because Of Coronavirus - PFN Chairman by Ehiscotch(m): 9:56pm On Mar 19, 2020
winningwinner:

Is that the spirit of a fearful or a fearless Christian? You even quoted the Scriptures to buttress... It's well...

I didn't get your comment clearly, kindly rephrase.
Re: We Will Not Shut Down Churches Because Of Coronavirus - PFN Chairman by winningwinner(m): 10:00pm On Mar 19, 2020
seunlayi:
Sir, go back to your bible and read it to know more about the duty of Christian to the govt. I can't tell you where to read because you should know better. Govt has spoken and even if it is your local govt chairman, this must be obeyed sir

You speak as if those in power care so much...
Re: We Will Not Shut Down Churches Because Of Coronavirus - PFN Chairman by segable(m): 10:05pm On Mar 19, 2020
this man should be locked up if he refused to abide by the government directives...
Re: We Will Not Shut Down Churches Because Of Coronavirus - PFN Chairman by winningwinner(m): 10:05pm On Mar 19, 2020
Ehiscotch:

I didn't get your comment clearly, kindly rephrase.

The Chairman was practically trying to show us living faith, and no one manifests that faith by following from behind. Going to Church practically moves God to do the unthinkable. Faith is for those that lead from the front...
Re: We Will Not Shut Down Churches Because Of Coronavirus - PFN Chairman by winningwinner(m): 10:07pm On Mar 19, 2020
segable:
this man should be locked up if he refused to abide by the government directives...

Did the government order Churches to shut down?
Re: We Will Not Shut Down Churches Because Of Coronavirus - PFN Chairman by winningwinner(m): 10:12pm On Mar 19, 2020
Amotolongbo:
The fact is that majority of these pastors won’t care if church services hold or not, so far the tithes and offerings are getting to the church, members can stay at home against corona.

Have you ever paid tithe before...? What is the highest amount you paid?
Re: We Will Not Shut Down Churches Because Of Coronavirus - PFN Chairman by illicit(m): 10:13pm On Mar 19, 2020
it's left for members to decide... majority should carry the vote or the virus
Re: We Will Not Shut Down Churches Because Of Coronavirus - PFN Chairman by jantofubu(m): 10:20pm On Mar 19, 2020
They don't wanna miss their tithe
Re: We Will Not Shut Down Churches Because Of Coronavirus - PFN Chairman by Amotolongbo(f): 10:22pm On Mar 19, 2020
winningwinner:

Have you ever paid tithe before...? What is the highest amount you paid?
I think I’ve done that in the past when I was being gullible.

So?
Re: We Will Not Shut Down Churches Because Of Coronavirus - PFN Chairman by holsconcept(m): 10:23pm On Mar 19, 2020
Are these pastorprenuers waiting for the Virus to kill people before using their so called faith to heal those tested positive? This is the time they can show the whole world that their faith can move mountains. It's not just by mouth.
Re: We Will Not Shut Down Churches Because Of Coronavirus - PFN Chairman by Dadaboy: 10:25pm On Mar 19, 2020
They should check this mans brain. He is not mentally stable
Re: We Will Not Shut Down Churches Because Of Coronavirus - PFN Chairman by Dadaboy: 10:27pm On Mar 19, 2020
fairfora:
The Christian faith becomes nothing, should churches be shut down. We have faith in the miracles Jesus did...and still does. If God could heal people with the dreaded HIV in my church, what the hell is the Coronavirus?
Mumu raised to the power of 9

3 Likes

Re: We Will Not Shut Down Churches Because Of Coronavirus - PFN Chairman by cRobo: 10:57pm On Mar 19, 2020
I am not surprised

Even Jesus had Judas Iscariot

I won't say a word
Re: We Will Not Shut Down Churches Because Of Coronavirus - PFN Chairman by winningwinner(m): 11:04pm On Mar 19, 2020
Amotolongbo:
I think I’ve done that in the past when I was being gullible.

So?

No wonder...
Re: We Will Not Shut Down Churches Because Of Coronavirus - PFN Chairman by winningwinner(m): 11:05pm On Mar 19, 2020
holsconcept:
Are these pastorprenuers waiting for the Virus to kill people before using their so called faith to heal those tested positive? This is the time they can show the whole world that their faith can move mountains. It's not just by mouth.

It doesn't work for doubters, it's only for believers....
Re: We Will Not Shut Down Churches Because Of Coronavirus - PFN Chairman by winningwinner(m): 11:10pm On Mar 19, 2020
Dadaboy:

Why?
Re: We Will Not Shut Down Churches Because Of Coronavirus - PFN Chairman by uboma(m): 11:34pm On Mar 19, 2020
Dadaboy:

Seconded.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Meat And Fish, Which Is More Proteinous? / Join Me On My Weighloss Challenge / How To Make Your Teeths As White As Snow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.