Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,751 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:22 AM

. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / . (1016 Views)

Is Vet Medicine Still Profitable.. Pls I Need Advice / Which One Is Better Between Radiography And Physiotherapy / Admitted To Study Vet Medicine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by Nobody: 11:36pm On Mar 19, 2020
Re: . by skylane: 11:40pm On Mar 19, 2020
pstmikol1:
Pls nairalanders which is the best between vet. Medicine and radiography in terms of job opportunities and prestige.
Tnks
so many people undersetimate vet .medcine,but i only laugh,well both are good but one thing with vet med is you are ready to be your own boss anytime,and we vets are called "jack of all trade"radiography too its good,but it boils down to your passion

1 Like

Re: . by Vega100: 11:42pm On Mar 19, 2020
Radiography if u know what's best for you.
Re: . by Zeeknow3245(m): 11:45pm On Mar 19, 2020
Veterinary medicine is good, very good if you love animals and rewarding but to be sincere u won't be satisfied here in Nigeria but a good result in school can be beneficial. For Radiography, it makes you of sophisticated machinery and radio isotopes which might be dangerous if not probably handled. Radiography is good and it will favour both here and abroad even more than veterinary medicine
Re: . by Zeeknow3245(m): 11:45pm On Mar 19, 2020
Veterinary medicine is good, very good if you love animals and rewarding but to be sincere u won't be satisfied here in Nigeria but a good result in school can be beneficial. For Radiography, it makes use of sophisticated machinery and radio isotopes which might be dangerous if not probably handled. Radiography is good and it will favour both here and abroad even more than veterinary medicine
Re: . by Stephaustin(m): 7:26am On Mar 20, 2020
Re: . by Stephaustin(m): 7:30am On Mar 20, 2020
pstmikol1:
Pls nairalanders which is the best between vet. Medicine and radiography in terms of job opportunities and prestige.
Tnks
If you like animals and would love to treat them, vet medicine then is good for you. However, I seriously doubt the availability of opportunities in Nigeria for doctors of veterinary medicine.

Radiography is now a hot cake in Nigerian universities. Many people are not even aware of the course yet, and few universities offer it. Currently, you rarely see an unemployed radiographer (In fact, I don't even think there is any unemployed radiographer because radiographers are scarce). Most times, you see radiographers working in more than one hospital at the same time while some own their private establishments and still work in other hospitals. That's to show you how scarce they are. If you doubt me, ask people in medical/health professions.

Talking about being the boss of your own, both courses can offer you such opportunity.

Talking about prestige, radiography

Talking about current job opportunities, radiography.

In summary, if you don't have passion for the care for animals, please go for radiography.

You can also read through the following topics and then make your choice.

https://www.nairaland.com/4262876/mbbs-medical-radiography

https://www.nairaland.com/4345768/admitted-study-vet-medicine

https://www.nairaland.com/3059056/no-graduate-medical-radiography-unemployed

https://www.nairaland.com/3903461/medicine-pharmacy-nursing-medical-laboratory

2 Likes

Re: . by MizTyna(f): 8:12am On Mar 20, 2020
Radiography. You'll make money anywhere you are, including this country
Re: . by made2fit(f): 11:23am On Apr 20, 2020
pstmikol1:
Tnks

Good day, saw you e-mailed me. I don't use that e-mail anymore. I assume you wrote to thank me, having received the funds. You are welcome. Remain blessed.
Re: . by Nobody: 12:44pm On Apr 20, 2020
made2fit:

Good day, saw you e-mailed me. I don't use that e-mail anymore. I assume you wrote to thank me, having received the funds. You are welcome. Remain blessed.
Yes ma, you surprised me, thanks so much, may God bless u abundantly, i appreciate.
Re: . by usoroakpan(m): 3:18pm On Apr 20, 2020
Pls choose radiography anytime anyday
Re: . by Ginomel(m): 2:18pm On Apr 28, 2020
made2fit:

(1) (Reply)

Get Latest Oracle 1z0-1042 Exam Dumps With 100% Success Guarantee / The Next Decision / Thread For Avid Book Readers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.