Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,408 members, 7,826,579 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 04:32 PM

APC Governors Demand Automatic Tickets For Obaseki, Akeredolu - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Governors Demand Automatic Tickets For Obaseki, Akeredolu (41551 Views)

Crisis Rocks PDP Over Automatic Tickets For N/assembly Members / Oshiomhole Forecloses Automatic Tickets For Kogi, Bauchi, Kaduna Govs / APC Dangles Automatic Tickets Before Aggrieved Senators, Reps (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC Governors Demand Automatic Tickets For Obaseki, Akeredolu by zoomzoom(m): 9:53am On Mar 20, 2020
=babyfaceafrica post=87601136]So it is not the people that decide again.. Na governors.. This country na joke.

When have THE PEOPLE ever decided?.
THE PEOPLE DECIDE NOTHING.
Re: APC Governors Demand Automatic Tickets For Obaseki, Akeredolu by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:54am On Mar 20, 2020
DenreleDave:
Yes ooo

is backkkkkkk

My man survived from corona virus

Manna welcome back

Make we sing naira Marley song for ur haters

Toba doko malole
Shakira pin Kari le
Your man ke?
We no be man o madam.
We are simply we.
We have to go take good care of businesses.
we keep going from glory to glory.
God is Great.
We pray you and every members of your family be safe from Coronavirus and every one of us on Nairaland.
We no get haters o,
they only hate our darling country, not us.
Don't get it twisted!

To continue your lyrics on a NM level...

Ati lo ati de (We have gone and we have returned)

Ẹni ori yọ o di’le (He who the head saves is great)

Ẹni ba lọ l’o ba de  (The one that went with me also returned)

Igba ti mo pada de (When I returned)

Loba de mi l’ade (They crowned me)

K’ade ko pẹ l’ori  (May the crown stay long on one’s head)

Ki bata k’o pe l’ẹsẹ (May the shoes stay long on my feet)

K’awon ọta mi kan l’ẹsẹ (Let all my enemies break their leg)

K’awon mejeji kan l’ese (Let the both of them break their legs)

Inside life.....
Mafo.....
grin cheesy wink

@topic,
the indigenes of the respective states will choose their candidates at the right time
God bless Edo state.
God bless Ondo state.
God bless Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: APC Governors Demand Automatic Tickets For Obaseki, Akeredolu by DenreleDave(m): 9:56am On Mar 20, 2020
[quote author= post=87602219]
Your man ke?
We no be man o madam.
We are simply we.
We pray you and every members of your family be safe from Coronavirus and every one of us on Nairaland.

To continue your lyrics on a NM level...

Ati lo ati de (We have gone and we have returned)
Ẹni ori yọ o di’le (He who the head saves is great)

Ẹni ba lọ l’o ba de  (The one that went with me also returned)

Igba ti mo pada de (When I returned)

Loba de mi l’ade (They crowned me)

K’ade ko pẹ l’ori  (May the crown stay long on one’s head)

Ki bata k’o pe l’ẹsẹ (May the shoes stay long on my feet)

K’awon ọta mi kan l’ẹsẹ (Let all my enemies break their leg)

K’awon mejeji kan l’ese (Let the both of them break their legs)

grin cheesy wink[/quote

Naso ooo
Re: APC Governors Demand Automatic Tickets For Obaseki, Akeredolu by osazsky(m): 9:58am On Mar 20, 2020
Hotfreez:

Aketi would get the ticket, Obaseki won't get the ticket and would be seriously disgraced.

Just so you know, this same Kebbi Governor intervened for Ambode but couldn't do anything when Lagos Apc members rejected Ambode.
I don't know what u mean by APC members is it not aslem ojezua that will conduct d primaries for u mind Edo APC is kanaka. I am a card carrying member too obaseki all the way kudos sir congrat u fought like a lion I love ur courage ..pls does agrived APC members who are angry cuz u didn't open Edo treasury for them should be dealt with..sir imagine if u open d treasury for them and return ticketing to kabaka they will all start shouting obaseki is d best thing that happened to Edo state..u can't fight d land.ask them wat did obaseki do ? they have nothing to say all they will say is DAT u sent them poisonous cow last year DEC spits on d traitor ize iyamu
Re: APC Governors Demand Automatic Tickets For Obaseki, Akeredolu by Enwhen(m): 10:01am On Mar 20, 2020
Hotfreez:

Aketi would get the ticket, Obaseki won't get the ticket and would be seriously disgraced.

Just so you know, this same Kebbi Governor intervened for Ambode but couldn't do anything when Lagos Apc members rejected Ambode.

The forces against Ambode in Lagos CANNOT be compare to those against Obaseki....the Lagos house was against Ambode, but Gov Obaseki is fully in control of the Edo house.., he only has issue with Oshomole...I'm VERY SURE Obaseki will get the tickets mark my monicker, but I am not sure if he would win it ...he wounded Oshobaba badly , I am not sure whether Oshobaba will forgive him despite agreement reached with the president and the COS, Abba Kyari who is also interested in Oshobaba case becuase of 2023.
Re: APC Governors Demand Automatic Tickets For Obaseki, Akeredolu by teepain: 10:01am On Mar 20, 2020
lighteast:
Please help a brother, someone is using his affluence to deal with me even when he is the one at fault all because I don't have anybody to come to my rescue or speak for me, what an evil world.

Why don't you open a thread on this and supply all necessary pieces of information that can help your cause. Doing that might help you in getting the help you seek.

Mention me, in the event that you open the thread.
Re: APC Governors Demand Automatic Tickets For Obaseki, Akeredolu by osazsky(m): 10:05am On Mar 20, 2020
greall12:
Mad people when world are in pain of coronal virus they are after automatic ticket . Ogun kill you all.
una go just they type rubbish even in america as I speaks democrats are slugging it out with baiden or u don't have satalite in ur house
Re: APC Governors Demand Automatic Tickets For Obaseki, Akeredolu by seunmsg(m): 10:08am On Mar 20, 2020
helinues:

Sticking with SW matter would be better..

Just saying.

Please keep your unsolicited advice. I’m a Nigerian and an APC supporter. I can comment on any matter affecting any part of Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: APC Governors Demand Automatic Tickets For Obaseki, Akeredolu by helinues: 10:09am On Mar 20, 2020
seunmsg:

Please keep your unsolicited advice. I’m a Nigerian and an APC supporter. I can comment on any matter affecting any part of Nigeria.

Ok sir
Re: APC Governors Demand Automatic Tickets For Obaseki, Akeredolu by dotedote: 10:10am On Mar 20, 2020
AtikuNetwork:
That would be undemocratic. Any governor that is worth his salt should be ready and confident enough to test his own popularity. After dividing their party in their states due to their authoritarianism and dictatorial styles, they now want to impose themselves on the party. 8 years should not be automatic for any governor. He should be ready to compete for his party's ticket.

Unfortunately, the people being governed over don't get to vote in primaries.

2 Likes

Re: APC Governors Demand Automatic Tickets For Obaseki, Akeredolu by switspin(f): 10:10am On Mar 20, 2020
OVIHINNO:
If they are sure of their political credentials why not go all out and contest the primaries?
Featherweights claiming Heavyweights.
Primaries are not won based on political credentials
Re: APC Governors Demand Automatic Tickets For Obaseki, Akeredolu by Hotfreez: 10:10am On Mar 20, 2020
osazsky:
I don't know what u mean by APC members is it not aslem ojezua that will conduct d primaries for u mind Edo APC is kanaka. I am a card carrying member too obaseki all the way kudos sir congrat u fought like a lion I love ur courage ..pls does agrived APC members who are angry cuz u didn't open Edo treasury for them should be dealt with..sir imagine if u open d treasury for them and return ticketing to kabaka they will all start shouting obaseki is d best thing that happened to Edo state..u can't fight d land.ask them wat did obaseki do ? they have nothing to say all they will say is DAT u sent them poisonous cow last year DEC spits on d traitor ize iyamu

Not only Alselm Ojezua, it is Bob Izua. Jack Obinyan that fool making noise for Obaseki and insulting everyone has been shut up. Stay here and be making noise.

You think it is the local Edo Apc that would conduct primaries? You are very ignorant. Apc NWC from Abuja is sending those to conduct the Primaries in Edo and who do you think is the leader of the NWC?

4 Likes

Re: APC Governors Demand Automatic Tickets For Obaseki, Akeredolu by osazsky(m): 10:11am On Mar 20, 2020
Enwhen:

The forces against Ambode in Lagos CANNOT be compare to those against Obaseki....the Lagos house was against Ambode, but Gov Obaseki is fully in control of the Edo house.., he only has issue with Oshomole...I'm VERY SURE Obaseki will get the tickets mark my monicker, but I am not sure if he would win it ...he wounded Oshobaba badly , I am not sure whether Oshobaba will forgive him despite agreement reached with the president and the COS, Abba Kyari who is also interested in Oshobaba case becuase of 2023.
the truth is that ambode was not proactive and was a coward,obaseki saw it coming that was y he refused inauguration for tiger edoro and ugiagbe. he would have been impeached if he didn't make that move inauguration was done by 10pm for obaseki loyalist with d speaker quickly installed and u know DAT proclamation can't be issued twice so innec will soon conduct another election to fill those spaces in 2 months time.that is politics for u its a game,the smartest has it all

1 Like

Re: APC Governors Demand Automatic Tickets For Obaseki, Akeredolu by OVIHINNO(m): 10:14am On Mar 20, 2020
switspin:

Primaries are not won based on political credentials
So what wins it?
Re: APC Governors Demand Automatic Tickets For Obaseki, Akeredolu by Hotfreez: 10:15am On Mar 20, 2020
Enwhen:

Obaseki is in control of which House? Yellow House or Blue House? The same Obaseki that couldn't get majority of the House members to support him and he's relying on a minority? Don't worry, it would be direct primaries. The fool who decided to lock out other members of the house, their constituents who are Apc members would reply Obaseki.

Asides Edo House, there are very many Apc members in Edo state who are with Obaseki today but inwardly working for Oshiomole. If you doubt it, how did INTERPOL know that Obaseki and his Finance Commissioner were moving cash and were caught in France? When election comes, they would be activated and would do the job from inside.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Governors Demand Automatic Tickets For Obaseki, Akeredolu by segun18(m): 10:16am On Mar 20, 2020
heartbraker:
This is act of sacastica bulivaniom of a docoium in an obvertarian I which I can not phantom the d concurion in discern to the objection of the supacratic jagalista
Sumarry: all is well

Lol ..You must have been a Kegites member whilst in University..

1 Like

Re: APC Governors Demand Automatic Tickets For Obaseki, Akeredolu by osazsky(m): 10:24am On Mar 20, 2020
OVIHINNO:

So what wins it?
who contested primaries with buhari and trump d law is that any president or governor that has done well should represent d party. obaseki credentials will then be tested at d field against ogbede iheama of pdp
Re: APC Governors Demand Automatic Tickets For Obaseki, Akeredolu by wetmenow: 10:28am On Mar 20, 2020
seunmsg:
Automatic ticket for what? If they have done well, they shouldn’t be scared of a level playing field contest for the party ticket. APC Governors forum cannot decide for APC members in Ondo and Edo State. The tickets will be contested for by all interested aspirants and the winners shall fly the flag of the party. No automatic ticket for anybody.

Buhari and Bello they gave automatic ticket to did they perform well? No. Nigeria politics nothing like level playing ground. they only a point the candidate that will loyal to them and not the masses.
Re: APC Governors Demand Automatic Tickets For Obaseki, Akeredolu by Ruggedpen: 10:30am On Mar 20, 2020
seunmsg:

Must I be from both states to post my opinion?
sorry your opinion end here
Re: APC Governors Demand Automatic Tickets For Obaseki, Akeredolu by Sunrise258: 10:30am On Mar 20, 2020
"...It does not make sense to bring another person to contest against the gover­nor. Governor Obaseki is the strongest candidate of the APC we have in Edo State”.

See how confused this governors are? If they have performed as claimed and are the strongest to beat, why are they afraid of common primary with a new comer?

1 Like

Re: APC Governors Demand Automatic Tickets For Obaseki, Akeredolu by Enwhen(m): 10:32am On Mar 20, 2020
Hotfreez:

Obaseki is in control of which House? Yellow House or Blue House? The same Obaseki that couldn't get majority of the House members to support him and he's relying on a minority? Don't worry, it would be direct primaries. The fool who decided to lock out other members of the house, their constituents who are Apc members would reply Obaseki.

Asides Edo House, there are very many Apc members in Edo state who are with Obaseki today but inwardly working for Oshiomole. If you doubt it, how did INTERPOL know that Obaseki and his Finance Commissioner were moving cash and were caught in France? When election comes, they would be activated and would do the job from inside.

It's still a speculation... Baba Buhari indirectly told Oshobaba to settle and allow Obaseki get the ticket...its complicated now, becuase , the APC chaiman of Edo, Mr Anslem is on suspension by APC national level...also National chairman Oshobaba is also on suspension by his ward...and all these are in the court and this reminds us of what happened in Rivers btw Oshobaba backed Sen. Magnus Abe and Amaechi , at the end the SC said none of the chaimen was eligible to conduct primary for the APC in Rivers and such, the APC have no candidate in Rivers election...similar issue in Zamfara btw Oshobaba backed Sen Marafa against Then Gov Yari....Settlement is the best bet else , APC will never be a winner no matter the outcome of the election , becuase any faction , be it the Oshobaba or Obaseki faction, whowever takes to court will deny any other the APC victory...very complicated...the reason Baba Buhari ordered for peace.
Re: APC Governors Demand Automatic Tickets For Obaseki, Akeredolu by ogbonti: 10:32am On Mar 20, 2020
Maxymilliano:

Pastor Ize Iyamu don enter one chance ...

if oshiomole is wise, he should extend this spirit of reconciliation to everyone in the party - wether friends or foes. In politics, leaders hardly survive rebellion and when a leader does, he needs to “carry everyone along” Obaseki will make or mar Oshiomole’s political career”

His inability to control Obaseki effectively by making genuine peace with him so in turn he can gain the respect of the governor will define who Oshiomole is and he will not survive the second and final fall. pride, they say goeth before the fall .. last week or two, he was begging to get his position back, now against all conventional wisdom he got it back and petty pride is standing in his way.. oshiomole use your brain if you still have it, my small advise for the midget!

2 Likes

Re: APC Governors Demand Automatic Tickets For Obaseki, Akeredolu by Nobody: 10:33am On Mar 20, 2020
teepain:

Why don't you open a thread on this and supply all necessary pieces of information that can help your cause. Doing that might help you in getting the help you seek.

Thank you sir
Re: APC Governors Demand Automatic Tickets For Obaseki, Akeredolu by seunmsg(m): 10:35am On Mar 20, 2020
Ruggedpen:
sorry your opinion end here

And yours ends where?

1 Like

Re: APC Governors Demand Automatic Tickets For Obaseki, Akeredolu by osazsky(m): 10:35am On Mar 20, 2020
Sunrise258:
"...It does not make sense to bring another person to contest against the gover­nor. Governor Obaseki is the strongest candidate of the APC we have in Edo State”.

See how confused this governors are? If they have performed as claimed and are the strongest to beat, why are they afraid of common primary with a new comer?
just as buhari was d strongest candidate of APC against atiku...ize iyamu is a native doctor and political proustite with educational disability no one takes him serious over here in Edo state. he will even SCOP so low to destroy his own house and always blames a sitting governor for it he even did it against oshio that is all he knows Abt politics nothing more
Re: APC Governors Demand Automatic Tickets For Obaseki, Akeredolu by levi2(m): 10:36am On Mar 20, 2020
How will the look on Kabaka's face be like....☹☹
Re: APC Governors Demand Automatic Tickets For Obaseki, Akeredolu by Nobody: 10:36am On Mar 20, 2020
teepain:

We can chat on WhatsApp, its sensitive, I don't know if the guy is on Nairaland, I am scared... Zero 9 zero 73 73 27 48
Re: APC Governors Demand Automatic Tickets For Obaseki, Akeredolu by Nobody: 10:36am On Mar 20, 2020
Hotfreez:

What happened?
We can chat on WhatsApp, its sensitive, I don't know if the guy is on Nairaland, I am scared... Zero 9 zero 73 73 27 48
Re: APC Governors Demand Automatic Tickets For Obaseki, Akeredolu by Tunmise4real: 10:37am On Mar 20, 2020
helinues:
As expected. Those Governors can never get name. Junk journalism

Well, automatic tickets may sure for Aketi but as for Obaseki, na automatic reverse tickets sure for him

Your political observation is quite wrong. Aketi is a parasite to APC giving him automatic ticket will end the party in disaster bcs he not loved by people of ondo state. come to Akure and smell his mess........
Re: APC Governors Demand Automatic Tickets For Obaseki, Akeredolu by Jubilee1982: 10:37am On Mar 20, 2020
Automatic ticket my foot. Why was Ambode of Lagos State not given automatic ticket?.Or didn't he perform? Infact from presidency to the councilor, there should not be automatic ticket. Equal level playing field please!!!!
Re: APC Governors Demand Automatic Tickets For Obaseki, Akeredolu by 13october: 10:40am On Mar 20, 2020
Fake news
So Kebbi government house is the party Secretariat.
What are the names of the governors that attended the meeting
If A governor had perform well and he is on ground, why are they panicking of primary.
Yeye they worry them

hisexcellency34:
Temidayo Akinsuyi, Lagos

Ahead of the gover­norship elections in Edo and Ondo states, governors elected on the platform of the ruling All Progressives Con­gress (APC) have demanded automatic tickets for Gover­nor Godwin Obaseki of Edo and his counterpart in Ondo, Arakunrin Rotimi Akeredo­lu, Daily Independent has gathered.

According to a credible source, the governors under the aegis of the Progressives Governors’ Forum (PGF) took the decision at a closed door meeting held at the Kebbi Governor’s Lodge on Wednes­day night which lasted till Thursday morning in Abuja.

Both Obaseki and Ak­eredolu are among the forces who want Adams Oshiom­hole ousted as the party’s na­tional chairman.

It would be recalled that the governors had a meeting earlier on Monday where they all agreed to postpone the National Executive Council (NEC) meeting of the par­ty where Oshiomhole’s fate would have been sealed.

While fielding questions from journalists after the first meeting, chairman of APC Governors’ Forum and Kebbi State governor, Atiku Bagudu, said President Mu­hammadu Buhari obliged the request of the governors on the postponement of the meeting.

He also said they informed Buhari that the governors had agreed to resolve all lingering crises bedeviling the party, a request he also obliged.

“Also, we seek Mr. Presi­dent’s support to postpone the National Executive Council (NEC) meeting that is sched­uled for tomorrow until such a time that the governors are ready to report back,” he said.

Asked what was the presi­dent’s response to the request, Bagudu said Buhari gladly ac­ceded to the demand because it was the APC governors’ unanimous decision.

“Among the issues we dis­cussed was the resolution that the governors have taken to work together to resolve all the issues in the party,” he said.

Speaking on what necessi­tated Wednesday’s meeting, our source said the governors were worried because Osh­iomhole upon resumption of office on Tuesday never men­tioned anything about his rift with Obaseki and Akeredolu but only spoke about his rec­onciliation with estranged members of the National Working Committee (NWC) whom he had earlier suspend­ed from office.

“Oshiomhole said he is ready to turn a new leaf and settle all disputes with those opposed to his leadership. When he resumed office, he only spoke about lifting the suspension on the party’s Deputy National Chairman (North), Sen. Lawal Shuaibu, and National Vice Chairman (North), Inuwa Abdulkadir in the spirit of reconciliation.

“The governors met on Wednesday evening at the Kebbi Governor’s Lodge and there it was agreed that there should be automatic tickets for Governor Obaseki and Akeredolu. Any contrary ac­tion by the national chairman is a sign that he is not really sincere about finding a lasting solution to the crisis rocking the party”.

When contacted, Gover­nor Akeredolu in a chat with our correspondent said he couldn’t comment on the reso­lution reached at the meeting because he was absent.

Speaking to our corre­spondent, Festus Asiriuwa, an APC chieftain from Edo State, while lauding the gov­ernors’ decision said Oshiom­hole’s silence hours after the faction loyal to him in Edo APC opened a new secretariat shows that he is not ready for genuine reconciliation.

“It is a bold move by the governors but will Oshiom­hole abide by it? Less than 24 hours after he resumed office as chairman, his loyal­ists opened a new secretariat in Edo State. Have you heard any word from Oshiomhole condemning it? Yet he said he is ready for genuine rec­onciliation.

“What he doesn’t under­stand is the fact that those claiming to be his loyalists in Edo APC are only after their selfish interests. Since they know he doesn’t want Obaseki to get the ticket, they are pretending to be loyal to him so he can consider one of them as the party’s flagbearer.

“Now having realised that the odds are against them and Obaseki may clinch the ticket, they have decided to go all out by opening a new secretariat. But I can assure you that they will all be dealt with.”

Alhaji Lawal Shuaibu, Deputy National Chairman, North, had on Wednesday warned the party’s leadership against toying with Edo State governorship ticket.

He declared without equivocation that Governor Godwin Obaseki remains the strongest candidate for APC in the coming gubernatorial poll in Edo State.

According to him, no party drops a candidate who is per­forming, insisting that global practice cannot be jettisoned in the case of Edo State.

He said the party can learn valuable lessons from what is going on in USA where no­body is challenging Donald Trump among the Republi­cans.

Quoting President Mu­hammadu Buhari’s comment during the last NEC of the party, Shuaibu maintained that the APC cannot afford to leave a performing candidate to experiment with a new person.

“Edo is not a time bomb. We all heard President Buhari during the last NEC meeting announce that any governor who has performed deserves a second term. There is no time bomb because why should you prefer any other person than the sitting governor?

“It is like that all over the world even in America that started this democracy. Don­ald Trump has no opposition and nobody is contesting against him. It does not make sense to bring another person to contest against the gover­nor. Governor Obaseki is the strongest candidate of the APC we have in Edo State”.

https://www.independent.ng/2020-guber-polls-apc-govs-demand-automatic-tickets-for-obaseki-akeredolu/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Orlu: Military & Police Sack Eastern Security Network (ESN) From Imo Forest / Dave Umahi Meets Bola Tinubu In Abuja (Photos) / Dino Melaye Returns Back To Office After His Victory - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.