Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,433 members, 7,954,723 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 07:58 AM

APC Governors Demand Automatic Tickets For Obaseki, Akeredolu - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Governors Demand Automatic Tickets For Obaseki, Akeredolu (41781 Views)

Crisis Rocks PDP Over Automatic Tickets For N/assembly Members / Oshiomhole Forecloses Automatic Tickets For Kogi, Bauchi, Kaduna Govs / APC Dangles Automatic Tickets Before Aggrieved Senators, Reps (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC Governors Demand Automatic Tickets For Obaseki, Akeredolu by Nobody: 10:40am On Mar 20, 2020
hisexcellency34:
Temidayo Akinsuyi, Lagos

Ahead of the gover­norship elections in Edo and Ondo states, governors elected on the platform of the ruling All Progressives Con­gress (APC) have demanded automatic tickets for Gover­nor Godwin Obaseki of Edo and his counterpart in Ondo, Arakunrin Rotimi Akeredo­lu, Daily Independent has gathered.

According to a credible source, the governors under the aegis of the Progressives Governors’ Forum (PGF) took the decision at a closed door meeting held at the Kebbi Governor’s Lodge on Wednes­day night which lasted till Thursday morning in Abuja.

Both Obaseki and Ak­eredolu are among the forces who want Adams Oshiom­hole ousted as the party’s na­tional chairman.

It would be recalled that the governors had a meeting earlier on Monday where they all agreed to postpone the National Executive Council (NEC) meeting of the par­ty where Oshiomhole’s fate would have been sealed.

While fielding questions from journalists after the first meeting, chairman of APC Governors’ Forum and Kebbi State governor, Atiku Bagudu, said President Mu­hammadu Buhari obliged the request of the governors on the postponement of the meeting.

He also said they informed Buhari that the governors had agreed to resolve all lingering crises bedeviling the party, a request he also obliged.

“Also, we seek Mr. Presi­dent’s support to postpone the National Executive Council (NEC) meeting that is sched­uled for tomorrow until such a time that the governors are ready to report back,” he said.

Asked what was the presi­dent’s response to the request, Bagudu said Buhari gladly ac­ceded to the demand because it was the APC governors’ unanimous decision.

“Among the issues we dis­cussed was the resolution that the governors have taken to work together to resolve all the issues in the party,” he said.

Speaking on what necessi­tated Wednesday’s meeting, our source said the governors were worried because Osh­iomhole upon resumption of office on Tuesday never men­tioned anything about his rift with Obaseki and Akeredolu but only spoke about his rec­onciliation with estranged members of the National Working Committee (NWC) whom he had earlier suspend­ed from office.

“Oshiomhole said he is ready to turn a new leaf and settle all disputes with those opposed to his leadership. When he resumed office, he only spoke about lifting the suspension on the party’s Deputy National Chairman (North), Sen. Lawal Shuaibu, and National Vice Chairman (North), Inuwa Abdulkadir in the spirit of reconciliation.

“The governors met on Wednesday evening at the Kebbi Governor’s Lodge and there it was agreed that there should be automatic tickets for Governor Obaseki and Akeredolu. Any contrary ac­tion by the national chairman is a sign that he is not really sincere about finding a lasting solution to the crisis rocking the party”.

When contacted, Gover­nor Akeredolu in a chat with our correspondent said he couldn’t comment on the reso­lution reached at the meeting because he was absent.

Speaking to our corre­spondent, Festus Asiriuwa, an APC chieftain from Edo State, while lauding the gov­ernors’ decision said Oshiom­hole’s silence hours after the faction loyal to him in Edo APC opened a new secretariat shows that he is not ready for genuine reconciliation.

“It is a bold move by the governors but will Oshiom­hole abide by it? Less than 24 hours after he resumed office as chairman, his loyal­ists opened a new secretariat in Edo State. Have you heard any word from Oshiomhole condemning it? Yet he said he is ready for genuine rec­onciliation.

“What he doesn’t under­stand is the fact that those claiming to be his loyalists in Edo APC are only after their selfish interests. Since they know he doesn’t want Obaseki to get the ticket, they are pretending to be loyal to him so he can consider one of them as the party’s flagbearer.

“Now having realised that the odds are against them and Obaseki may clinch the ticket, they have decided to go all out by opening a new secretariat. But I can assure you that they will all be dealt with.”

Alhaji Lawal Shuaibu, Deputy National Chairman, North, had on Wednesday warned the party’s leadership against toying with Edo State governorship ticket.

He declared without equivocation that Governor Godwin Obaseki remains the strongest candidate for APC in the coming gubernatorial poll in Edo State.

According to him, no party drops a candidate who is per­forming, insisting that global practice cannot be jettisoned in the case of Edo State.

He said the party can learn valuable lessons from what is going on in USA where no­body is challenging Donald Trump among the Republi­cans.

Quoting President Mu­hammadu Buhari’s comment during the last NEC of the party, Shuaibu maintained that the APC cannot afford to leave a performing candidate to experiment with a new person.

“Edo is not a time bomb. We all heard President Buhari during the last NEC meeting announce that any governor who has performed deserves a second term. There is no time bomb because why should you prefer any other person than the sitting governor?

“It is like that all over the world even in America that started this democracy. Don­ald Trump has no opposition and nobody is contesting against him. It does not make sense to bring another person to contest against the gover­nor. Governor Obaseki is the strongest candidate of the APC we have in Edo State”.

https://www.independent.ng/2020-guber-polls-apc-govs-demand-automatic-tickets-for-obaseki-akeredolu/
Why can't APC demand an automatic ticket for Ambode? Yeye people
Re: APC Governors Demand Automatic Tickets For Obaseki, Akeredolu by helinues: 10:41am On Mar 20, 2020
Tunmise4real:

Your political observation is quite wrong. Aketi is a parasite to APC giving him automatic ticket will end the party in disaster bcs he not loved by people of ondo state. come to Akure and smell his mess........

So should we now choose political differences over development?
Re: APC Governors Demand Automatic Tickets For Obaseki, Akeredolu by Indispensable85(m): 10:42am On Mar 20, 2020
Governors are the problem of Nigeria. Is that democracy to force candidates on people? You sit in Abuja and foist candidates on other states what if they work against them after the automatic ticket. Why will people be scared of primaries? I thought it was democracy! Isn't this the same godfatherism obaseki was kicking against? In the end it's all about personal interest and what suits you. Politicians are indeed deceitful!

2 Likes

Re: APC Governors Demand Automatic Tickets For Obaseki, Akeredolu by osazsky(m): 10:50am On Mar 20, 2020
Gforce2015:

Why can't APC demand an automatic ticket for Ambode? Yeye people
pained Yoruba osun migrant who ended up trekking d whole of Lagos in search of a better life but ended up licking tinubu ass....immediately ambode accepted defeat without even making a single move I concluded that all Yoruba men are Coward. how do they even sleep with their wives or toast a lady.is still a wonder all they do is shout and rant but they will nerver fight. File fileh fileh no blows I served in d West I saw all these things laugh wan kill me die then in 2006. u can't be shouting in Edo or Delta up and down without fighting when wood and stone near u.na blood we go they see First to pick instrument wins it all spits
Re: APC Governors Demand Automatic Tickets For Obaseki, Akeredolu by Aladdin1(m): 11:02am On Mar 20, 2020
27Pushing30:
In a Democracy? They’re mad
Very mad!!

1 Like

Re: APC Governors Demand Automatic Tickets For Obaseki, Akeredolu by MercyWave10: 11:09am On Mar 20, 2020
Applications are currently ongoing for the Mercy Wave Full university scholarships, click on this link for details on how to register.

https://www.nairaland.com/5745983/mercy-wave-full-university-scholarships
Re: APC Governors Demand Automatic Tickets For Obaseki, Akeredolu by Hotfreez: 11:09am On Mar 20, 2020
Enwhen:

It's still a speculation... Baba Buhari indirectly told Oshobaba to settle and allow Obaseki get the ticket...its complicated now, becuase , the APC chaiman of Edo, Mr Anslem is on suspension by APC national level...also National chairman Oshobaba is also on suspension by his ward...and all these are in the court and this reminds us of what happened in Rivers btw Oshobaba backed Sen. Magnus Abe and Amaechi , at the end the SC said none of the chaimen was eligible to conduct primary for the APC in Rivers and such, the APC have no candidate in Rivers election...similar issue in Zamfara btw Oshobaba backed Sen Marafa against Then Gov Yari....Settlement is the best bet else , APC will never be a winner no matter the outcome of the election , becuase any faction , be it the Oshobaba or Obaseki faction, whowever takes to court will deny any other the APC victory...very complicated...the reason Baba Buhari ordered for peace.

Now, I get you.
According to the APC constitution, can a National officer of the party be suspended by the ward?

They're eventually going to pull a David Lyon on Obaseki.
Re: APC Governors Demand Automatic Tickets For Obaseki, Akeredolu by Kiaka8: 11:10am On Mar 20, 2020
[s]
post=87602219:

Your man ke?
We no be man o madam.
We are simply we.
We have to go take good care of businesses.
we keep going from glory to glory.
God is Great.
We pray you and every members of your family be safe from Coronavirus and every one of us on Nairaland.
We no get haters o,
they only hate our darling country, not us.
Don't get it twisted!

To continue your lyrics on a NM level...

Ati lo ati de (We have gone and we have returned)

Ẹni ori yọ o di’le (He who the head saves is great)

Ẹni ba lọ l’o ba de  (The one that went with me also returned)

Igba ti mo pada de (When I returned)

Loba de mi l’ade (They crowned me)

K’ade ko pẹ l’ori  (May the crown stay long on one’s head)

Ki bata k’o pe l’ẹsẹ (May the shoes stay long on my feet)

K’awon ọta mi kan l’ẹsẹ (Let all my enemies break their leg)

K’awon mejeji kan l’ese (Let the both of them break their legs)

Inside life.....
Mafo.....
grin cheesy wink

@topic,
the indigenes of the respective states will choose their candidates at the right time
God bless Edo state.
God bless Ondo state.
God bless Nigeria.
[/s]
Re: APC Governors Demand Automatic Tickets For Obaseki, Akeredolu by tfelicityk(m): 11:20am On Mar 20, 2020
Are they afraid of primary election before?
Re: APC Governors Demand Automatic Tickets For Obaseki, Akeredolu by bluecircle470: 11:20am On Mar 20, 2020
helinues:
As expected. Those Governors can never get name. Junk journalism

Well, automatic tickets may sure for Aketi but as for Obaseki, na automatic reverse tickets sure for him

Go and Google the names of the governors that made up PGF in APC
Re: APC Governors Demand Automatic Tickets For Obaseki, Akeredolu by MondayOsunbor(m): 11:21am On Mar 20, 2020
helinues:

Well, automatic tickets may sure for Aketi but as for Obaseki, na automatic reverse tickets sure for him

Oshiomhole said he is ready to turn a new leaf

a fool at 80 is a fool for ________________?
Re: APC Governors Demand Automatic Tickets For Obaseki, Akeredolu by iberrylee(m): 11:30am On Mar 20, 2020
Lostz:
face your Yoruba land

He cant face Yoruba land Cus this is a Yoruba owned site and anything posted here can be ponder upon by him, it's you that should get your filthy self out of this platform. Eranko jatijati
Re: APC Governors Demand Automatic Tickets For Obaseki, Akeredolu by iberrylee(m): 11:37am On Mar 20, 2020
osazsky:
pained Yoruba osun migrant who ended up trekking d whole of Lagos in search of a better life but ended up licking tinubu ass....immediately ambode accepted defeat without even making a single move I concluded that all Yoruba men are Coward. how do they even sleep with their wives or toast a lady.is still a wonder all they do is shout and rant but they will nerver fight. File fileh fileh no blows I served in d West I saw all these things laugh wan kill me die then in 2006. u can't be shouting in Edo or Delta up and down without fighting when wood and stone near u.na blood we go they see First to pick instrument wins it all spits

You're nothing but a bloody illiterate Edo cutist,why can't you read what you typed before posting it oponu omo olé, you even served in south west and Ogun did not waste your blood..Eranko calling someone coward when Fulani headsmen are busy raping your mother in the village all you do is pick race

You will die very soon if care ain't taken
Re: APC Governors Demand Automatic Tickets For Obaseki, Akeredolu by nezer83: 11:46am On Mar 20, 2020
I see another Zamfara playing out in Edo State if APC Edo do not put their house in order.
Oshiomole should stop being greedy and allow Obaseki contest for a second term after all he was a 2 term governor.
Re: APC Governors Demand Automatic Tickets For Obaseki, Akeredolu by Tunmise4real: 11:59am On Mar 20, 2020
helinues:

So should we now choose political differences over development?

No, am just correcting your distorted political view.
In terms of development I will rate him 50%, but don't always believe the totality of what is being aired on the radio/tv. Politician always play to the gallery. Come and feel the pulse of ondo people are measure their reactions in term of governance.
Re: APC Governors Demand Automatic Tickets For Obaseki, Akeredolu by Johnson8976: 12:00pm On Mar 20, 2020
see below
Re: APC Governors Demand Automatic Tickets For Obaseki, Akeredolu by Nobody: 12:08pm On Mar 20, 2020
osazsky:

If God wan punish you now make one yoruba boy give your pikin belle and run away. Yep. The hatred wey you get for Yoruba people Nah him go kill you .
Re: APC Governors Demand Automatic Tickets For Obaseki, Akeredolu by Austino50: 12:20pm On Mar 20, 2020
Idiot privilege people they failed on arrival this time again.....no no no to automatic ticket for Godwin Obasiki no automatic ticket for any one all most face primary election and the most populous candidate accepted by the people most emerged period....one man one vote, one woman one vote must stand......no way for 9 against 14
Re: APC Governors Demand Automatic Tickets For Obaseki, Akeredolu by Austino50: 12:24pm On Mar 20, 2020
helinues:

no way for automatic ticket for any one all must face their people and let the most populous candidate emerge simple....yeye dey smell nonsense indeed
Re: APC Governors Demand Automatic Tickets For Obaseki, Akeredolu by Austino50: 12:28pm On Mar 20, 2020
PapaBaby:
I said it, Obaseki would get the ticket or he'd work with PDP.
Edo state is historically half PDP and half APC. With Obaseki on board, APC can kiss the south south goodbye.
forget stories no automatic ticket for Godwin Obasiki mark my word....battle lost already, foolish and ungrateful person

1 Like

Re: APC Governors Demand Automatic Tickets For Obaseki, Akeredolu by Austino50: 12:35pm On Mar 20, 2020
This are same people who claimed they want to give the party apc back to the people, so in a democracy they will be making this kind of undemocratic demand, well it wont work and they know it, the people must have their say through democratic means which is the primaries election in fact direct primary election to vote for their prefer candidate simple.....no to undemocratic demand from any group of privilege idiots

1 Like

Re: APC Governors Demand Automatic Tickets For Obaseki, Akeredolu by Forumobserver12(m): 12:35pm On Mar 20, 2020
seunmsg:
Automatic ticket for what? If they have done well, they shouldn’t be scared of a level playing field contest for the party ticket. APC Governors forum cannot decide for APC members in Ondo and Edo State. The tickets will be contested for by all interested aspirants and the winners shall fly the flag of the party. No automatic ticket for anybody.

Here we go again, so can we now conclude that PMB did not perform creditably well since he was handed automatic Ticket without primaries? I can smell Double Standard from your comment..
Re: APC Governors Demand Automatic Tickets For Obaseki, Akeredolu by Austino50: 12:37pm On Mar 20, 2020
I can categorically say here that their demand is dead on arrival
Re: APC Governors Demand Automatic Tickets For Obaseki, Akeredolu by hallarmy(m): 12:41pm On Mar 20, 2020
this is Nigeria DO or DIE politics founded by olusegun obasanjo...let's enjoy it while it lasts.
Re: APC Governors Demand Automatic Tickets For Obaseki, Akeredolu by Austino50: 12:44pm On Mar 20, 2020
Malehoearound:

As an Edo man , the day oshomole will give automatic ticket to Obaseki he cease to be my leader.
Don't worry yourself their demand is already dead on arrival...Osho baba I know will not be cowed into such undemocratic demand not to talk of giving automatic ticket to fool like Obasiki

1 Like 1 Share

Re: APC Governors Demand Automatic Tickets For Obaseki, Akeredolu by osazsky(m): 12:47pm On Mar 20, 2020
Gforce2015:

If God wan punish you now make one yoruba boy give your pikin belle and run away. Yep. The hatred wey you get for Yoruba people Nah him go kill you .
how do u guys talk to girls no boldness at all
Re: APC Governors Demand Automatic Tickets For Obaseki, Akeredolu by osazsky(m): 12:49pm On Mar 20, 2020
Forumobserver12:

Here we go again, so can we now conclude that PMB did not perform creditably well since he was handed automatic Ticket without primaries? I can smell Double Standard from your comment..
just ignore our Yoruba slaves hyprocrites everywhere
Re: APC Governors Demand Automatic Tickets For Obaseki, Akeredolu by Austino50: 12:49pm On Mar 20, 2020
Humphrizy:
Sharpshooters party Of Nigeria..Clash of the Titans.

Seems Nigeria no longer practice real democracy...it's now Democrazy "Government of the leaders...by the leaders and for the leaders"
Dead on arrival demand, Osho baba I know will not be cowed into such undemocratic demand not to talk of giving automatic ticket to an idiot like Obasiki... no way for 9 greater than 14 in the Edo assemblies
Re: APC Governors Demand Automatic Tickets For Obaseki, Akeredolu by AsomughaChuks05: 12:50pm On Mar 20, 2020
The Osho mole I know is very vengeful obaseki is dreaming if he thinks Osho mole will allow him to get a second term. Osho baba only agreed for peace so that he can preside over the primaries and deal with obaseki. After that he won't mind if he is permanently removed as chairman.
Re: APC Governors Demand Automatic Tickets For Obaseki, Akeredolu by seunmsg(m): 12:52pm On Mar 20, 2020
Forumobserver12:

PMB was not given automatic ticket. The party made nomination forms available to all party members that are interested in contesting for the ticket. Only PMB purchased and returned the nomination form. So, how’s that automatic ticket?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Heavy Gunfire In Zaria As Troops Attempt To Arrest Shiite Leader Zakzaky / Namadi Sambo: 'How El-Rufai Respects Me, No Governor Past Or Present Does That.. / Risikat Ajoke Adegeye Is Dead (King Sunny Ade's Wife Dies)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.