Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,862 members, 7,817,543 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:06 PM

. - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / . (6670 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: . by DeepSoul(f): 1:38am On Dec 26, 2010
Farxiya:

Wtf?? Who the hell said I was mixed?? I'm Somali, my hair is common trait my people posses. Try gaining knowledge about a subject before you make such ridiculous assumptions.

^^ Abeg slow down lady! I wasn't referring to you as "mixed". That was a general statement, not in any way directed at you. I didnt even know you aren't Nigerian. I sabi you b4? Now that you've mentioned you're Somalian, there lies the difference. Women from that part tend to have naturally softer and curlier hair than the average Nigeria woman.

I wasn't making "ridiculous assumptions", just a general statement.

Kapish?
Re: . by busygirl(f): 1:45am On Dec 26, 2010
Farxiya:

Why would anyone want to date a girl with fake hair in the first place?  

Just find a nice girl who's all natural. I'm sure things will be much more easier on your wallet that way.

Go and sit somewhere jor! Who is not fake?? Even celebs and people from other races. I am tired of all these natural this, natural that talks. Like deepsoul said, there is fake and there is fake. Each to their own!

@POSTER, I strongly suggest that you and your girl sit down and redefine your relationship. If you can't afford it, does she want you to rob a bank? Sincerely, you guys need to talk about this coz money issues in a relationship could ruin it.
jeeez! I'm just surprised at  some ladies' ideology, If I want brazillian hair, I would buy it myself because it is for my own use. *justsaying*
Re: . by holydante(m): 1:46am On Dec 26, 2010
Merry Xmas @ Op,
It seems you've got to clamp your feet down and define certain things in the relationship. Just like someone pointed out, if she's mature(300 level or not), d meat in her brain would have informed her that its just a matter of sacrifice and time and she can virtually have all she wants Beyounce style(you sound optimistic and promising abt ur career)
She can have immediate value @ d expense of future security.

This attitude is not just for those in school, by default I don't date school ladies, an MTN contract babe I got acquianted with recently asked for dough for brazilian hair too (am aware her monthly pay is abt N75k) I told her to use her money and that I'l reimburse her later, she didn't bring it up again.
Re: . by chikeorji123(m): 1:52am On Dec 26, 2010
it's even the guy that cause the hectic problem by asking her to write a list grin. Since u are not yet upto the task grin grin grin
Re: . by tpia1: 2:56am On Dec 26, 2010
the thread has turned into something else again?

na wa oh!!

small time now we'll hear about how people's lips are natural, not lipstick.
Re: . by iyatrustee(f): 6:40am On Dec 26, 2010
@ poster. Try buy am Expression Disney Weave. Its the china version of Brazillian hair. Looks just as natural and doesn't tangle. What else,its use and throway cos it cost just N1k cool cool cool
Re: . by Gboliwe: 7:32am On Dec 26, 2010
Next time just give her money you can afford for the occassion and dont ask for list
Re: . by MrsEve2(f): 7:44am On Dec 26, 2010
Just make sure she is NOT NEAR THE FIRE. THAT ALL IMMA SAY.
Re: . by heavyg(m): 8:13am On Dec 26, 2010
@holy dante-a prosperous new year 2 u, my guy. I get u wot uv said,
@mrs eve-am sure its not al d girls on d streets who av fake hair, use brazilian hair. Am yet 2 hear of any catching fire.
@iya trustee-if we cn get thru this, il let her know it.

@all-i think am going 2 av a talk wit her. I dnt c d sense of tryin 2 b d latest beyonce on campus. I'm beginnin 2 tink she wudnt make me a prudent partner. Cs it occured 2 me dat she uses thins dat r a bit expensive 4 her state. She uses d fair and white range (av seen d price tags, believ me its not peanuts) and was tellin me of how the smell of her roommate's cheap perfume&shea butter cream disgust her.
I wnt my girl 2 av a clear complexion, so i dnt mind d fair&white stuff. Bt dis issue is makin me think dat she myt turn out 2 b mor dan i envisaged. D 80k is in my at d moment
Re: . by 1one: 8:21am On Dec 26, 2010
Break up with Her!
Re: . by Girl846(f): 10:11am On Dec 26, 2010
I don't live in Nigeria so when I hear stories of how girls depend on their boyfriends for money as if their life depended on it, I get irritated. angry

This girl is obviously inconsiderate and materialistic. Beware of materialistic girls! They are the ones that use guys the most when it comes to relationships. Such girls can turn desperate just to possess the latest trends in town.
If you plan to have a future with her, such an attitude will cause a huge strain on your marriage because she only seems interested in following the trends of society whether she has the means or not!

Honestly, I am in university and I also have a part time job in my department at school solely to fund my spending on clothes, shoes, hair, accessories etc because though my father is well off, I cannot imagine using my fathers hard earned cash on such unimportant vain things or depending on a boyfriend for support.
If I decide to spend my whole salary on a shoe, then it is my call. That's the beauty of independence! cool
However, if my boyfriend decides to spoil me with gifts etc - I gladly accept. I just don't expect him to cater for my vain needs. Are we married?

After all - are you going to benefit from her brazilian hair? na food? hissss
Re: . by freecocoa(f): 1:42pm On Dec 26, 2010
Op na you find trouble,why did u ask 4 a list?don't you know what that means?it means,#i can give u whatever you want,just write it down#The girl is a very senseless girl,wanting to wear beyonce-like hair when her bank acc isn't anywhere close to B's,i just marvel at some girls,she's nt even buying it with her money,thats what's even making me mad,its just a case of pride, greed and claiming what she's not.op sit her down and tell her to stop placing her hands where e no reach and start cutting her cloth according to her size.
Re: . by Mygoldie(f): 1:46pm On Dec 26, 2010
Farxiya:

Why would anyone want to date a girl with fake hair in the first place?  

Just find a nice girl who's all natural. I'm sure things will be much more easier on your wallet that way.

do you mean somalians don't fix extentions too? ''just curious''
Re: . by Mygoldie(f): 1:51pm On Dec 26, 2010
@op if you have the money,do it,but if you don't have explain to her,you are suppose to know her type and tastes. don't come on here and start slagging her and complaining to us. what do you expect to hear from us, total strangers?
go and sort your girl out jor.
Re: . by freecocoa(f): 2:10pm On Dec 26, 2010
Mygoldie:

@op if you have the money,do it,but if you don't have explain to her,you are suppose to know her type and tastes. don't come on here and start slagging her and complaining to us. what do you expect to hear from us, total strangers?
go and sort your girl out jor.
What do u mean?which stoopid type and taste,did u read d story?its okay to want something big but why spend someone's hard earned money on something she can't afford herself?had it been she is the type that is used to such expensive stuffs,she won't lie about what she wanted the money for and she won't depend solely on a guy for her basic needs.
Re: . by heavyg(m): 2:16pm On Dec 26, 2010
@goldie
does it seem like am slaggin her off? Dats a wrong assumptn.
U'r right dat am choosing total strangers to vent to, and its totally on purpose. I nid 2 talk about dis issue, and damn if i mention a word of it to my friends. Not when i refusd buyin new shirts 4 work, complainin of no money. Jst so i cud please my woman and get her sm thins she nids.
I dnt want them 2 b in d know.
Re: . by aameyah(f): 3:34pm On Dec 26, 2010
brazilian hair is the latest craze in naija. Imagine, wit all this heat, lipsrsealed embarassed
Re: . by deniyor: 3:43pm On Dec 26, 2010
her attitude makes her a future bad wife. Funny most men will ignore it now and cry later
Re: . by MrsEve2(f): 3:44pm On Dec 26, 2010
It hot as hell in Nigeria and YALL WEARING HATS? shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: . by deniyor: 3:48pm On Dec 26, 2010
by asking her for a LIST of things she wants for xmas, you kinda moved from lover to benefactor. what happens to accepting whatever gift you give her. her response of u controlling her purse strings cos u paid the money is a big red flag. you going to buyher weaves to make up is a big mugu on ur part. Her response or attitude to that is just that of an ungrateful person who sees u as a stupid cash clown.

Ask urself, is this the type of woman you want to spend the rest of ur life with?
Re: . by aameyah(f): 4:21pm On Dec 26, 2010
@mrs eve
ppl wear caps for hours max&men r on low cut so its al gud. A well fixed weave on d oda hand, cud stay on 4 a mnth. At which point it becomes a nasal offense to the romantic man, who wants to bury his nose in his woman's hair. sad embarassed lipsrsealed
Re: . by Nobody: 4:56pm On Dec 26, 2010
LMFAO@ TITLE OF THE THREAD  cheesy
My Girl Is Mad At Me Cos I Bought Her Yaki Flip Weaveon Instead Of 80k Brazilian Hair 4 Xmas
Re: . by axeman85(m): 7:06pm On Dec 26, 2010
@poster

she is bad backside mutherfucking materialistic biatch. sorry to say

i used to have 1 like dat dat it was always buy this, buy that and i was ddoing so even when i no buy 1 single shirt for mysef, all becos i wan make her happy BUT i thank God say my eyes to see say i just be manager wey dey manage anoder person responsibility

as for ur girl if she wasnt like this before then na copy copy and folow folow dey worry am. mabie her friends wan use brazilian hair so she sef no wan dey left out.
Re: . by Farxiya(f): 11:01pm On Dec 26, 2010
Mygoldie:

do you mean somalians don't fix extentions too? ''just curious''

I've never seen a Somali woman with fake hair in my entire life. Besides wearing fake hair isn't permitted in our religion.
Re: . by Mygoldie(f): 11:05pm On Dec 26, 2010
maybe you live in somali? i understand the religious point of view,but i can assure you i have seen somalian/American girls fixing extensions,my dear.
Re: . by Farxiya(f): 11:11pm On Dec 26, 2010
Mygoldie:

maybe you live in somali? i understand the religious point of view,but i can assure you i have seen somalian/American girls fixing extensions,my dear.

Nope, I live in the states. As a matter of fact, I live in MN; the state that contains the biggest Somali American population in the USA. So I'm quite sure I know what I'm talking about. grin

Somali women just don't put extensions in their hair. Sorry
Re: . by MrsEve2(f): 11:16pm On Dec 26, 2010
There are a few somali chicks in my hometown sporting extensions. If white chicks are doing it, trust Somali chicks are doing it too.
Re: . by Mygoldie(f): 11:16pm On Dec 26, 2010
sorry? that sounds funny. grin its all good,extention adds more beauty and class to people with short hair texture.long hair is just a cliche thingy.
Re: . by freecocoa(f): 11:23pm On Dec 26, 2010
[quote author=Farxiya link=topic=574639.msg7413332#msg7413332 date=1293401.So I'm quite sure I know what I'm talking about.
Somali women just don't put extensions in their hair. Sorry
[quote][/quote] My friend you don't know what u re talking about and somalian women put fake hair whether you like it or not plus am sure you do so too thats if you don't even have one on now.
Re: . by Mygoldie(f): 11:25pm On Dec 26, 2010
hahahahaha grin grin grin grin my eyes my eyes.
Re: . by Farxiya(f): 11:54pm On Dec 26, 2010
All right than, PROVE IT. Find just ONE video or picture of a Somali girl putting extentions in her hair. I bet you won't find a single one.

I could easily find plenty of pics with Asian/hispanic/white/African American girls putting extentions on. But neither I nor the rest of you could find a single ONE showing a Somali girl with extentions.

Besides it's just not something accepted in our culture or religion. Get over it.
Re: . by MrsEve2(f): 11:58pm On Dec 26, 2010
My eyes! My eyes! cry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Internet (including Nairaland) Will Soon Be Filled With Dead People. (PICS) / Vagina Odour: Is It Just Me Or Do Other Guys Perceive It? / Is She Having An Affair With Her Boss?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.