Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,997 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:51 AM

Coronavirus: Court Rejects Total Border Shutdown Request - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Coronavirus: Court Rejects Total Border Shutdown Request (51367 Views)

Edo: Again, Court Rejects Shaibu's Plea To Stop Impeachment / Court Rejects Fg’s Request For Arrest Warrant Against Ekweremadu / Court Rejects Application To Halt Planned Removal Of Saraki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coronavirus: Court Rejects Total Border Shutdown Request by enemyofprogress: 9:07pm On Mar 20, 2020
Na una sabi.

Dominique abeg bring my poundy make i chop jare
Re: Coronavirus: Court Rejects Total Border Shutdown Request by Vainglory: 9:09pm On Mar 20, 2020
FrLukas:
The Judiciary can't force the Executive to make decisions on how to run the affairs of the country that pertains to the powers of the executive, unless those decisions are illegal, I think... I stand to be corrected.
Note that the plaintiff is a lawyer. Or do you know the law more than a lawyer?
Re: Coronavirus: Court Rejects Total Border Shutdown Request by karashita: 9:09pm On Mar 20, 2020
SCORPION1902:
Useless court.

Table tennis court!

NONSENSICAL NONSENSE!

grin grin
Re: Coronavirus: Court Rejects Total Border Shutdown Request by Exmilitant(m): 9:13pm On Mar 20, 2020
I don't think those harping on border closure knows the implications. We are not a producing nation, even the petrol,diesel, kerosene and gas we use are imported. Who knows how long the virus is going to hang around? Is there enough commodities (imported)that will go round if everywhere is shut down? These are the questions you all needs to ask before fighting for border closure.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Court Rejects Total Border Shutdown Request by Nobody: 9:14pm On Mar 20, 2020
Vainglory:
Note that the plaintiff is a lawyer. Or do you know the law more than a lawyer?

What makes you think I'm not a lawyer myself?

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Court Rejects Total Border Shutdown Request by PWAPUTI2010(m): 9:15pm On Mar 20, 2020
Its only in Nigeria, court of law can dictate and order by the executive, our laws need to review, court proceedings are now becoming a business market.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Court Rejects Total Border Shutdown Request by Nobody: 9:16pm On Mar 20, 2020
OkpaNsukkaisBae:

you have a point.

i think the judiciary can't do sh!t here except the executive is encroaching on the provisions of the constitution.

oversight functions? i doubt

No, not oversight function.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Court Rejects Total Border Shutdown Request by computermouse(m): 9:16pm On Mar 20, 2020
LosC:

https://punchng.com/coronavirus-court-rejects-total-border-shutdown-request/

What is all this rubbish judgment like this- close the border!!! - is man made for the law or law made for man - no humans no effective law-

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Court Rejects Total Border Shutdown Request by Nobody: 9:19pm On Mar 20, 2020
anything wey make iran follow for the affected countries.... forget an

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Court Rejects Total Border Shutdown Request by Gabbriell: 9:20pm On Mar 20, 2020
Buhari daughter just returned few days ago. U guys forget that most of this people have their families all abroad. How can u ask them to totally close the border?. Haba, let's be reasonable na

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Court Rejects Total Border Shutdown Request by Nobody: 9:23pm On Mar 20, 2020
anigbajumo:

Good,shebi we dey dea the together.Heaven wan fall no be matter of only one person,we all dey dea together with that deaf man in Abuja chilling with tax payer money,we go suffer am together,make Dem no close am ooooo....

The Judiciary can't, but the legislative assembly can.

They have the power of oversight function and since they are the direct representatives of the people, they can ask the president or any of his ministers to appear before them and explain why he has refused a total shut down of airports.

Do you understand now.
Re: Coronavirus: Court Rejects Total Border Shutdown Request by ORBLIGHTS(m): 9:26pm On Mar 20, 2020
cry THIS COUNTRY TOYING WITH THE LIVES OF ITS CITIZENS... Hmmm
Re: Coronavirus: Court Rejects Total Border Shutdown Request by Nobody: 9:29pm On Mar 20, 2020
Yenefer:
We do not know where family judges acquired illegibly perplexing handwriting; nevertheless, extraordinary lawyers intellectuality, counterbalancing indecipherability, transcendentalizes intercommunications’ incomprehensibleness. We went down to the river,
We set down on the bank.
We tried to think but couldn't,
So we jumped in and sank.

Communication can be achieved when raw data or streams of bits of signal both 1's and 0's are transferred from the receiving end with the help of the transducer through the communication channel be it wired or wireless modulated with the carrier wave and get to the receiving end without losses, attenuation, interference or bits misplacement.

Simply put if after using big Grammer and nobody understands you that's not communication.
Re: Coronavirus: Court Rejects Total Border Shutdown Request by WelcomeToBiafra: 9:29pm On Mar 20, 2020
Nigeria is evil.

Now the whole world has now know the injustices against Biafrans. Nigeria courts shutdown BiafraLand borders, seaports and economy for the past 60 years.

Now this same fulani nigeria supporter of APC courts don't want to shutdown so called nigeria borders if there is any at all for prevention of China virus.

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Court Rejects Total Border Shutdown Request by BreconHills(m): 9:30pm On Mar 20, 2020
FrLukas:
The Judiciary can't force the Executive to make decisions on how to run the affairs of the country that pertains to the powers of the executive, unless those decisions are illegal, I think... I stand to be corrected.

You are somewhat right. It can however enforce constitutional provisions for instance ensuring the safety and well being of Nigerian citizens. In my opinion, the case was filed more for nuisance and publicity purposes than anything else. First it was brought under the wrong sections of the constitution - see my initial point above. Secondly, NASS should have been made a party to the suit and thirdly the motion should have been on notice - you cannot be asking for an ex parte order to force or compel performance. This breaches the legal maxim "Audi alteram partem" - a party has a right to be heard.

Another of those things that sends NL and social media chasing rabbit trails.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Court Rejects Total Border Shutdown Request by Nobody: 9:33pm On Mar 20, 2020
BreconHills:

You are somewhat right. It can however enforce constitutional provisions for instance ensuring the safety and well being of Nigerian citizens. In my opinion, the case was filed more for nuisance and publicity purposes than anything else. First it was brought under the wrong sections of the constitution - see my initial point above. Secondly, NASS should have been made a party to the suit and thirdly the motion should have been on notice - you cannot be asking for an ex parte order to force or compel performance. This breaches the legal maxim "Audi alteram partem" - a party has a right to be heard.

Another of those things that sends NL and social media chasing rabbit trails.

I agree with you.

Probably a lawyer who wants to milk the situation to make a name for himself.
Re: Coronavirus: Court Rejects Total Border Shutdown Request by eyinjuege: 9:39pm On Mar 20, 2020
Stop travelling about..
Una no dey hear word?

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Court Rejects Total Border Shutdown Request by Nobody: 9:44pm On Mar 20, 2020
Yenefer:
We do not know where family judges acquired illegibly perplexing handwriting; nevertheless, extraordinary lawyers intellectuality, counterbalancing indecipherability, transcendentalizes intercommunications’ incomprehensibleness. We went down to the river,
We set down on the bank.
Are you a lawyer?
Re: Coronavirus: Court Rejects Total Border Shutdown Request by donMIG(m): 9:46pm On Mar 20, 2020
Na mad country b dissss
Re: Coronavirus: Court Rejects Total Border Shutdown Request by ALABACONNECT(m): 9:56pm On Mar 20, 2020
You see eh, this particular egungun in Nigeria eh doesn't even know about precautionary measures.

Well, for your smart TVs, ACs and Soundsystems, check my signature
Re: Coronavirus: Court Rejects Total Border Shutdown Request by Cousin9999: 10:04pm On Mar 20, 2020
It's okay.

The people can keep whites and asians out.

Re: Coronavirus: Court Rejects Total Border Shutdown Request by jidxin(m): 10:18pm On Mar 20, 2020
Nbote:
What rubbish? Which court? Dis is d tym for d Pr3sudent dat has never obeyed court orders to disobey dis one too oo.. Dis is how useless d judiciary has become. Every dick and harry can run to dem to get an injunction
you just spewed nonsense.... Unlearned
Re: Coronavirus: Court Rejects Total Border Shutdown Request by guy222: 10:19pm On Mar 20, 2020
mistijude:
At a time when everybody was learning English language, you refuse to learn,no wonder you mistaken shut for short
Bros see as you the disgrace yourself, you wey the correct someboby you con worst pass the person wey you the correct. Your entire sentence is not just wrong but wrong
Re: Coronavirus: Court Rejects Total Border Shutdown Request by guy222: 10:22pm On Mar 20, 2020
Yenefer:
We set down on the bank.
Have you taken your drugs today?
Re: Coronavirus: Court Rejects Total Border Shutdown Request by Nobody: 10:30pm On Mar 20, 2020
When the disease hit Nigeria, God forbid ooo I think the court will then take action on getting the border close right, Nigeria with corruption....
Re: Coronavirus: Court Rejects Total Border Shutdown Request by skywalker240(m): 10:48pm On Mar 20, 2020
mrZENographer:
The globalists-angels are in every key nation.

I laugh in parables.
The new world order activist, the extremely wealthy of the wealthy in all sector of the world (bankers, merchants, policticians clergies etc ) the satanist (Jesuits, klu klux klan, the masons nazis and illuminanties) those few people who hold this world to ransom and ofcourse ochestrated by principalities in high places that work under that red dragon.

i applaud your parable with wisdom salute.

respect.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Court Rejects Total Border Shutdown Request by bellotaofeek: 10:50pm On Mar 20, 2020
The most susceptible are the ones with low immune system. Maybe God want to ans our prayers once and for all. Let the border be opened. We all Knw how they closed border to stop importantion of rice without any court order. Slow poke them !
Re: Coronavirus: Court Rejects Total Border Shutdown Request by mrZENographer: 11:05pm On Mar 20, 2020
skywalker240:

The new world order activist, the extremely wealthy of the wealthy in all sector of the world (bankers, merchants, policticians clergies etc ) the satanist (Jesuits, klu klux klan, the masons nazis and illuminanties) those few people who hold this world to ransom and ofcourse ochestrated by principalities in high places that work under that red dragon.

i applaud your parable with wisdom salute.

respect.

Thank you brother. And respect to you for knowing all these.
Keep the warning flag high.
Re: Coronavirus: Court Rejects Total Border Shutdown Request by Ustec: 11:26pm On Mar 20, 2020
tophumble:
Hmmmmmmm
If Corona virus in Nigeria is as serious as that of China and Italy, even Justice Inyang Ekwo himself will be on self isolation and he will not be available to deliver such judgement.

Well the judgement is still ok for now Sha
Just politics,
To appease the gods,if only you know what i mean.
Re: Coronavirus: Court Rejects Total Border Shutdown Request by k2money(m): 11:30pm On Mar 20, 2020
That judge must be mad
Re: Coronavirus: Court Rejects Total Border Shutdown Request by Jakub1: 11:31pm On Mar 20, 2020
[s]
FrLukas:

What makes you think I'm not a lawyer myself?
[/s]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ahmad Salkida Says ISWAP Behind Attack That Killed Over 100 Nigerian Soldiers / Obidients Hold Wheelbarrow Rally In The North / More Evidence On Sanusi's Mistress Scandal - Sahara Reporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.