Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,094 members, 7,811,067 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:07 PM

Why Are Europeans Persecuting Muslims? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are Europeans Persecuting Muslims? (1879 Views)

Poll: Why do you think Europeans are Persecuting Muslims?

Natural Hatred for Islam: 12% (3 votes)
The fear of terrorism: 33% (8 votes)
The fear that Islam may rise above xtianity: 12% (3 votes)
It's justified b/c Muslims do the same in the middle east: 12% (3 votes)
Inferiority complex among Christians: 29% (7 votes)
This poll has ended

Africans We Need To Take Over Europe Before The Arabs Becos Europeans Are Too... / Mam Tells Muslim Migrants To Breed With Europeans To 'conquer Their Countries' / Who Is Persecuting Who? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Europeans Persecuting Muslims? by AloyEmeka8: 11:10pm On Dec 25, 2010
[size=14pt]Muslims targeted as racist violence rises in Europe[/size]
FRIDAY, 09 JULY 2010 07:26   
Today's Zaman
[size=14pt]VOTE PLZ [/size]
The European Commission Against Racism and Intolerance (ECRI) has announced that racist violence grew in Europe in 2009, leading to strong warnings from human rights organizations.

The annual ECRI report covering January-December 2009 was announced yesterday and examined the main trends in the fields of racism, racial discrimination, xenophobia, anti-Semitism and intolerance in Europe. An economic crisis accompanied by uncertainty in many European countries has contributed to the increase of racial violence, according to the ECRI. One of the main findings of the ECRI report underlines that Muslims continue to be discriminated against in employment, law enforcement, town planning, immigration and education, and that they were lately targeted by specific legal restrictions.

ECRI Chair Nils Muiznieks announced he was alarmed by the general rise in racist violence in Europe. "In the last year there has been a hardening of the immigration debate and a rise in xenophobic and intolerant attitudes in general, including virulent verbal attacks and violent incidents," he said.

In the report, the ECRI expressed its concern about the effects of the economic crisis on vulnerable groups -- in particular the rise in unemployment and cuts to social services. The negative climate of public opinion, fuelled by increasingly xenophobic political speech, has led to immigrants being held responsible for unemployment and the deterioration of security.

The annual report frequently criticized in its pages politicians who used anti-immigration and anti-Islam rhetoric for electoral purposes. The ECRI strongly makes the point on human rights abuses while combating terrorism. "Other issues of concern for the ECRI are the persistence of the widespread police practice of racial profiling, abuses in the fight against terrorism and police brutality against vulnerable groups," said the ECRI in a written statement on the occasion of the publication of its annual report.

The main topics the ECRI has highlighted are as follows:

Roma and Travelers continue to experience open hostility and social exclusion, as well as raids against their settlements and murders.

Anti-black racism persists in Europe, often translated into attacks against this community, and color-related insults are frequent at sports events.

Muslims continue to be discriminated against in employment, law enforcement, town planning, immigration and education, and lately they have been targeted by specific legal restrictions. States need to do more to encourage tolerance of religious diversity.

Anti-Semitism persists in Europe. Attacks on synagogues and Jewish cemeteries and Holocaust denial continue to be issues of concern.

http://www.khilafah.com/index.php/news-watch/europe/9825-muslims-targeted-as-racist-violence-rises-in-europe
Re: Why Are Europeans Persecuting Muslims? by Dsense(m): 12:19am On Dec 26, 2010
It's a strategized tactis they actually use against muslims with aim of demolishing Islam . . . . . . And which most arab countries are always the victims and some parts in africa. . . . . . . .But let's check our community and ask ourself , . . .Who helps to implement these strategies? . . . . .It's still we doing ourself.
Re: Why Are Europeans Persecuting Muslims? by AloyEmeka8: 3:05am On Dec 26, 2010
Interesting poll so far. wink wink wink
Re: Why Are Europeans Persecuting Muslims? by Dsense(m): 3:07am On Dec 26, 2010
Yup yup yup . . .Thanks grin
Re: Why Are Europeans Persecuting Muslims? by AloyEmeka8: 11:50pm On Dec 26, 2010
م
هبحأ هولأس : لحريأ
وهو كبحي, تمص يبلق
ةظحل ثحبي نع
ةباجا
مهيضرت مهتكستو مث
لاق هفورظ هتربجأ
ىلع ليحرلا مل
مهضرت
ةباجالا ملو

Translation: Love muslims as you love yourself. wink wink wink
Re: Why Are Europeans Persecuting Muslims? by Jenwitemi(m): 12:11am On Dec 27, 2010
You mean the muslims who do not want to integrate with the european way of life? Is that the muslims that you want people to love? How can you give love to people who think that they are so different that they refuse to integrate?
Aloy_Emeka:

Love muslims as you love yourself. wink wink wink
Re: Why Are Europeans Persecuting Muslims? by drrionelli(m): 8:12am On Dec 27, 2010
Aloy_Emeka:

م
وهو كبحي, تمص يبلق
ةظحل ثحبي نع
ةباجا
مهيضرت مهتكستو مث
لاق هفورظ هتربجأ
ىلع ليحرلا مل
مهضرت
ةباجالا ملو

Indeed, a truly fine sentiment.  We should all love one another as we do ourselves.

There seems to be much writing for so concise a thought.  What's the literal translation, if I may ask?
Re: Why Are Europeans Persecuting Muslims? by Mudley313: 12:22pm On Dec 27, 2010
i'm actually in europe right now and the muslims here (mostly turks) are actually much more racist towards blacks than your average european. so i say, fvck em!
Re: Why Are Europeans Persecuting Muslims? by Sweetnecta: 7:55pm On Dec 27, 2010
by and large the turks are not that religious after 2nd world war.

islam is just coming back into their hearts.

if the whole of muslims are persecuted, it will not diminish Islam a notch. it will be a test for the muslims; either true muslims or majority are hypocrites.

interestingly, most christians do not see this as evil. the jews refused to be integrated, a long time ago?
Re: Why Are Europeans Persecuting Muslims? by LagosShia: 8:17pm On Dec 27, 2010
i think the poll option #3 and #5 are the same.
Re: Why Are Europeans Persecuting Muslims? by AloyEmeka8: 9:15pm On Dec 27, 2010
Jenwitemi:

You mean the muslims who do not want to integrate with the european way of life? Is that the muslims that you want people to love? How can you give love to people who think that they are so different that they refuse to integrate?
So if someone refuses to adopt your culture, the best way to treat such person is by discriminating against him or her?. Didn't Jesus teach us to love one another whether the person is a believer or not?.
Re: Why Are Europeans Persecuting Muslims? by Jenwitemi(m): 12:12am On Dec 28, 2010
Aloy_Emeka:

So if someone refuses to adopt your culture, the best way to treat such person is by discriminating against him or her?
Yes! If a foreigner comes to your country and fails to integrate, then that foreigner deserves nothing but scorn you and your fellow countrymen and women. Because it is a discriminatory act to refuse to integrate with the people you have chosen to live with.

Aloy_Emeka:

Didn't Jesus teach us to love one another whether the person is a believer or not?.
Well, since i am no jesusbot, i don't really give a damn what he taught. I only know that a healthy human relationship should be symbiotic. If you want your neighbour(s) to accept you, then be ready to accept them as well. Simple logic that is eternal in truth.

Moreover, that quote from Jesus was meant for all peoples and not just christians. Meaning that it goes for muslims as well. If muslims want acceptance, then they should show some to their fellow human beings. BTW, how accepting are muslims to other peoples of different cultures and world views in their own home countries? Not very accepting, are they? Hypocrisy of the highest order.
Re: Why Are Europeans Persecuting Muslims? by Dsense(m): 12:35am On Dec 28, 2010
^^^What kind of human being are you . . .Idiot?
So pple like still exist.Sometimes i just feel like . . . . . .
Like we do have it in Islam we also have it in christianity . . . . .Some muslims wouldn't integate and same goes with some christians too . . . .So tell me why would you judge a religion because of a small group that woudn't integrate?. . . . .So dumb.
Re: Why Are Europeans Persecuting Muslims? by Cogent: 12:35am On Dec 28, 2010
@Jenwentimi,
Pardon, but don't you think discriminating against others because of their refusal to adopt your way of life/choosing to be different is unjust? Considering that their own ways of life is what they are used to and more comfortable with, and understand?
I don't mean to cause offence but with that way of thinking, you might as well support Adolf Hitler for murdering the jews because they were different. Or are you supporting it because of the hatred you have for the muslim people?
@Aloy, seriously, what is the interpretation of that Arabic writing you posted there? grin
Re: Why Are Europeans Persecuting Muslims? by Jenwitemi(m): 12:39am On Dec 28, 2010
Small group, indeed? If this is about small and insignificant numbers of muslims who don't want to integrate, then why are we discussing this topic? Why is this topic posted in the first place? So that you muslims can cry persecution in order to get attention? Pathetic! cool
D-sense:

^^^What kind of human being are you . . .?
So pple like still exist.Sometimes i just feel like . . . . . .
Like we do have it in Islam we also have it in christianity . . . . .Some muslims wouldn't integate and same goes with some christians too . . . .So tell me why would you judge a religion because of a small group that woudn't integrate?. . . . .So dumb.
Re: Why Are Europeans Persecuting Muslims? by Cogent: 12:52am On Dec 28, 2010
@jenwitemi,
omo, take it easy. grin
even you know that your integration argument is invalid. Stop clinging to it to avoid looking bad. Try to love your neighbour as you love yourself. Peace out.
Re: Why Are Europeans Persecuting Muslims? by Jenwitemi(m): 12:55am On Dec 28, 2010
Cogent:

@Jenwentimi,
Pardon, but don't you think discriminating against others because of their refusal to adopt your way of life/choosing to be different is unjust? Considering that their own ways of life is what they are used to and more comfortable with, and understand?
My point is very simple. A muslim person refusing to integrate in a newly adopted society is also discriminating against that newly adopted society's values and norms. Muslims cannot expect to just arrive into a new society and expect that society to totally bend to their whims, can they? How many islamic societies are as accommodating as the european societies when it comes to accepting people of foreign cultures? How many of them? Can any of you whining about persecution of muslims name just one such islamic society?

Cogent:

I don't mean to cause offence but with that way of thinking, you might as well support Adolf Hitler for murdering the jews because they were different. Or are you supporting it because of the hatred you have for the muslim people?
Or i might as well support islamic clerics who's firm belief is that anyone who is not a muslim is an infidel not worth being called human being. We all know how muslim minds work from all the indoctrinations from all them bloodthirsty islamic clerics and their "holy" korans. Please, you persecution whiners should take your hurt feelings some place else. It is well known in europe that what you muslims are looking for is to change the european societies into an islamic one. Muslims are not on that continent to integrate and live harmoniously with others. Because of the fascist tendencies of islam, the religion and it's adherents will remain a constant menace to the european citizens, and the more muslims try to isolate themselves from the rest the bigger the suspicion of a threat it will be. That is a fact of life so you guys better change your ways or live with whatever consequences that comes with your rigidity.
Enough of the whinings, please. Noone is interested in hearing them.
Re: Why Are Europeans Persecuting Muslims? by Jenwitemi(m): 1:02am On Dec 28, 2010
Cogent:

@jenwitemi,
omo, take it easy. grin
even you know that your integration argument is invalid. Stop clinging to it to avoid looking bad. Try to love your neighbour as you love yourself. Peace out.
Why is the integration point invalid when that is the central issue? I live on the european continent, you know. And i know very well what is going on. Europe is even way too accommodating to foreign muslims as it is. It has already become a case of "give them an inch and they will take a mile". The muslims are now trying to change the european societal norms to fit their ways of living while they are showing that they are not ready to do likewise. How can you not expect resentments from Europeans as a result? Get real, mate.
Re: Why Are Europeans Persecuting Muslims? by Dsense(m): 2:31am On Dec 28, 2010
Jenwitemi:

Small group, indeed? If this is about small and insignificant numbers of muslims who don't want to integrate, then why are we discussing this topic? Why is this topic posted in the first place? So that you muslims can cry persecution in order to get attention? Pathetic! cool
It's never a suprise at all . . . . .You are so dumb and your comments take me back to the  . . . . . . lipsrsealed
My fiancee is a christian samething with my friends ''90%'' and we do integrate,We have nver had any prb.Same thing with many people.And believe me if a group is not ready to integrate,It shouldn't be a problem at cause that could a reason for what they have found in the society that can't flow with their concept of worshiping.Of course i believe there are groups in Islam who would never integrate samething with some christians . .  .So this is not more a religious problem but the reality of where the new world is driving us to . .  . .  .  .So i'm against any islamic or christian group that would mind integrating with the society so far it does not affect their religion.
Btw . . .This thread was opened by your fellow christian not a muslim.few christains think the way you think and i'm very sure that this is not what your being taught by the Holy Bible and the pastors.
Re: Why Are Europeans Persecuting Muslims? by drrionelli(m): 2:58am On Dec 28, 2010
@Aloy_Emeka:
Cogent and I have both asked you in a non-threatening manner for a literal translation of the posting you made earlier. Why do you not oblige us?
Re: Why Are Europeans Persecuting Muslims? by Jenwitemi(m): 3:15am On Dec 28, 2010
D-sense:

It's never a suprise at all . . . . .You are so dumb and your comments take me back to the  . . . . . . lipsrsealed
My fiancee is a christian samething with my friends ''90%'' and we do integrate,We have nver had any prb.Same thing with many people.
Well, good for you and your fiancee. Folks like you would probably integrate well with the european societies. But we are not talking about you two now, are we? This thread is about those muslims who are refusing to integrate. They are the ones who are feeling "persecuted" because the europeans will not accept their mentality of isolation. Well, too bad for them.

Of course, if they don't like the way eauropeans are "treating" them, they can always return back to where they came from. Afterall, they have their countries of origin, no? They either adjust to their newly adopted environments or ship out! Full stop. End of story. How about that for dumbness? cool
Re: Why Are Europeans Persecuting Muslims? by Cogent: 7:21am On Dec 28, 2010
@Jenwitemi,
you live in Europe? Wow. Are you by any chance in Luton?
@Aloy,
Sorry for whatever inconvinience our request might cause you, but do be kind enough to provide a literal translation. Thanks.
Re: Why Are Europeans Persecuting Muslims? by Cogent: 12:11pm On Dec 28, 2010
Aloy_Emeka Re: Why Are Europeans Persecuting Muslims? Re: Why Are Europeans Persecuting Muslims?
« #4 on: December 26, 2010, 11:50 PM » «# 4 on: December 26, 2010, 11:50 PM»

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

م M
هبحأ هولأس : لحريأ Hbho Holos: the freedoms
وهو كبحي, تمص يبلق A repressive, sucking Ibelk
ةظحل ثحبي نع Pzhal Thabay Na
ةباجا Pbaga
مهيضرت مهتكستو مث Mahadhart Mahtxto then
لاق هفورظ هتربجأ Laq Hvoorz Hterpjo
ىلع ليحرلا مل On departure, ml
مهضرت Mhirt
ةباجالا ملو Pbagala Mello

Translation: Love muslims as you love yourself. Translation: Love muslims as you love yourself.

angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Why Are Europeans Persecuting Muslims? by ogajim(m): 7:29pm On Dec 28, 2010
Anyone who thinks Europe discriminate against Muslims probably has not lived there or seen it up close. The turks for one have been in Germany for over five decades and yet most even some second generation refuse to learn the language, why would you be in a place you hate their way of life and language?

This Nigerian mentality of treating the foreigner better than your fellow should not be applied here, the Indians, Lebanese, Pakistanis, etc live way better in Nigeria than even their home countries which is why some of us might feel the need for Europeans to do the same.

If you love your way of life so much that you feel you don't need to change it, maybe you should remain in your home land.
Re: Why Are Europeans Persecuting Muslims? by aletheia(m): 7:39pm On Dec 28, 2010
This poll is fundamentally flawed.
Re: Why Are Europeans Persecuting Muslims? by mazaje(m): 7:47pm On Dec 28, 2010
Muslims do NOT want to integrate, they only want the Europeans to bend over backwards and accepot their primitive way of life, something the Europeans have droped centuries ago. . . . .If Muslims do not want to integrate they can always go back to their home contires. . . .Muslims do not accept non mumslims and give them equal rights in their own countries, so why they heck and they crying about discrimination?
Re: Why Are Europeans Persecuting Muslims? by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:48pm On Dec 28, 2010
Aloy_Emeka:

م
وهو كبحي, تمص يبلق
ةظحل ثحبي نع
ةباجا
مهيضرت مهتكستو مث
لاق هفورظ هتربجأ
ىلع ليحرلا مل
مهضرت
ةباجالا ملو

Acronyms for Islam.

I = I

S = Should

L = Love

A = All

M = Muslims
Re: Why Are Europeans Persecuting Muslims? by vedaxcool(m): 1:52pm On Dec 29, 2010
For those that say Muslims do not want to integrate, do u by any chance have statistics on that or was it revealed to you by the Holy Ghost?  grin And that form of arguement is obviously silly, integrate in what sense, is it by their ethnicity/race or language or mode of dressing or religious beliefs or culture or etc we need tangible points not just making a verbose statements which can be interpreted in any way, if we say language for instance then they do so at their own peril, it it is by their Ethnicity then the arguement is austoundingly silly,as we would simple refer you to the holocoust Chambers for further de-Nazisification, if it is by their culture, then democracy is just a ruse, as a strong arguement for proponents of democracy is that it ensures Plurality in the society, hence deomcratic society must be able to tolerate minorities in their mist. so which one of it should we deintegrate?  As for Persecueting Muslims, it is really not new thing, in fact anti - Islamism is very much a cultural tribute of Europe, just read their history and you will find out who they had been and how hard it is for them to leave a rather daft culture, The Economist once wrote on Turkeys bid to enter the EU, and made the following assertion "europe can only be united by religion ----" this was to mean that Christianity will always be a common ground even if other avenues failed that was why the whole of Europe rallied together during the crusades and that is why Europe keeps locking the Turks out of the EU, The EU is a christians only Club, Funny thing is the Turk is just as european like any one of them with their blonde hair and blue eyes but once u are a muslim u simply seized being a European u become Muslimpean grin. To cap it all Europe is in the middle of an Identity crisis hence they placing the blame squarely on MInorities especially muslims (the Jews are untouchable now so they can throw any spanner at them) Just read the debate that Sarkozy started in france by asking " what i it to be french" in essence if you are not like us Sho. But Just like Pharoh that worst fear keeps becoming a reliaty, Islam will triumph even if the enemies of Islam detest it.

Jenwitemi:

This thread is about those muslims who are refusing to integrate. They are the ones who are feeling "persecuted" because the europeans will not accept their mentality of isolation. Well, too bad for them.

Really, you need to see a medic, as this thread is about Why Europeans Persecuting Muslims? not about integration. What is this Integration? define pls and give us what in particular is that stuff they have done that makes them not integral grin if u get my drift.
Re: Why Are Europeans Persecuting Muslims? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 2:40pm On Dec 29, 2010
@OP You fail to mention that the current trend towards "islamophobia" is not without cause.

Can you remember the so called Hate Speeches from notable Islamic figures in the UK? do you recall how they spewed un-islamic venom and declared the UK will be islamized whether they choose to or not and that it will be by violence as well. Did you remember the threats before the Train Station Bombings,

How dare you come into a country as an immigrant, enjoy health and social benefits it has to offer, even enjoy the religious tolerance that UK gives you then you dare to open your sand-mite camel dung-filled and scarab-brain-scratching mind to say that the UK belongs to Islam and will be converted through violence. (not directed at the OP)

I dare say Islam is not about violence, Islam is a message of Peace but its messengers are obviously drunk on Blood and Violance and fail to see the Truth preached by the Prophet Mohamed (PBUH)

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/political-leaders-condemn-islamic-protest-march-1857088.html
Re: Why Are Europeans Persecuting Muslims? by vedaxcool(m): 2:55pm On Dec 29, 2010
lagerwhenindoubt:

@OP You fail to mention that the current trend towards "islamophobia" is not without cause.

Can you remember the so called Hate Speeches from notable Islamic figures in the UK? do you recall how they spewed un-islamic venom and declared the UK will be islamized whether they choose to or not and that it will be by violence as well.

I dare say Islam is not about violence, Islam is a message of Peace but its messengers are obviously drunk on Blood and Violance and fail to see the Truth preached by the Prophet Mohamed (PBUH)

You said messsegers of Islam how many of them? When people decide to abadon rationality for stupidity they surely get Idoitic results, as the Media and their Ilks like yourself are always more interested with what a insignificant few are doing that is wrong and leave the majority that are doing what is right. And again this same media and people like yourself also induldge in deliberate mis - information to create mischief, to now claim a small insignificant few( i am not aware of the so called hate speeches by some Islamic Figures) views should ginger every one in a room is to be intolerably daft if not dumb, and that is what the European press are about, find a not-so-smart person and ask him his views on certain things and make blow it out of proportion.

Even the link you gave betrayed the point of view u are espousing
Re: Why Are Europeans Persecuting Muslims? by Nobody: 12:58am On Dec 30, 2010
aletheia said:

This poll is fundamentally flawed.

I agree. wink
Re: Why Are Europeans Persecuting Muslims? by seyibrown(f): 1:04am On Dec 30, 2010
^^^^ Of course, the poll only really gives these options: Fear of Islam, or Hatred of Islam!

Why are Europeans persecuting Muslims? If they are, I will say it's because Muslims are persecuting Europeans! The biased poll has equalised Europeans to Xtians. Not all Europeans are Christians and not all Christians are Europeans

Who cares whether Islam rises above Xtianity! MANY are called, FEW are chosen! God is mightier than numbers!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tb Joshua Predicts 2012 World Hunger; Will The World Survive? / Did You Know There Is Going To Be Slavery In Heaven ? / Is Having Wet Dreams A Sin?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.