Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,699 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:43 PM

The Earth Shifted Under Acn's Feet In Ikorodu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Earth Shifted Under Acn's Feet In Ikorodu (730 Views)

Senator Abe Walks On Bare Feet In His Community (Photos) / ACN To GEJ: Apologize For Misleading Nigerians On Anti-corruption Fight / Jonathan Is A Trainee President - ACN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Earth Shifted Under Acn's Feet In Ikorodu by felele(m): 12:07am On Dec 26, 2010
On Thursday, 23rd of December 2010, the people of Ikorodu Constituency 2 put the lie to the claims of the ACN and the media that they are the most popular party in Lagos by handing over the House of Assembly seat in that constituency to the PDP in a bye-election.

For reasons best known to them, the media have refused to report this earth-shaking event, at least as far as Lagos State is concerned. This indicates clearly what some of us have always known. The ACN, or whatever name Bola Tinubu's party is called, is deeply unpopular in Lagos State, and has been since 2003. They have lied, cheated, screamed and intimidated their way into office since 2003, but it seems Lagosians are now saying, no more!!

I wonder what will happen when they lose Lagos State, as they will, at the next general elections.
Re: The Earth Shifted Under Acn's Feet In Ikorodu by Faeb: 1:06am On Dec 26, 2010
The Ikorodu poll was a close run, but a shocker all the same.
Re: The Earth Shifted Under Acn's Feet In Ikorodu by Gbawe: 1:48am On Dec 26, 2010
felele:

On Thursday, 23rd of December 2010, the people of Ikorodu Constituency 2 put the lie to the claims of the ACN and the media that they are the most popular party in Lagos by handing over the House of Assembly seat in that constituency to the PDP in a bye-election.

For reasons best known to them, the media have refused to report this earth-shaking event, at least as far as Lagos State is concerned. This indicates clearly what some of us have always known. The ACN, or whatever name Bola Tinubu's party is called, is deeply unpopular in Lagos State, and has been since 2003. They have lied, cheated, screamed and intimidated their way into office since 2003, but it seems Lagosians are now saying, no more!!

I wonder what will happen when they lose Lagos State, as they will, at the next general elections.

grin grin grin Stick around buddy. I posted a poll , on Nairaland, from the PDP website the other day showing that 70% of Nigerians dont want the PDP leading the nation  shocked shocked shocked. Lo and behold the poll was taken down, from the PDP website, literally minutes after I posted links to it via Nairaland !!!!! Saharareporters carried news of this occurence that exposes how jittery the PDP is;

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/panicky-pdp-yanks-online-polls-showing-ruling-party-trailing-other-parties

The PDP will be heavily defeated in the next election. That is what Nigerians have indicated consistently. Rigging will be resisted more effectively this time as well .You dont rule disastrously for 11 years and expect the red carpet treatment. PDP can forget Lagos and they should be ready to concede the entire SW region to the ACN Party. If other regions of Nigeria know what is good for them they will fight to get rid of the "evil" PDP.
Re: The Earth Shifted Under Acn's Feet In Ikorodu by jacobs123(m): 9:51am On Dec 26, 2010
Gbawe:

grin grin grin Stick around buddy. I posted a poll , on Nairaland, from the PDP website the other day showing that 70% of Nigerians dont want the PDP leading the nation  shocked shocked shocked. Lo and behold the poll was taken down, from the PDP website, literally minutes after I posted links to it via Nairaland !!!!! Saharareporters carried news of this occurence that exposes how jittery the PDP is;

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/panicky-pdp-yanks-online-polls-showing-ruling-party-trailing-other-parties

The PDP will be heavily defeated in the next election. That is what Nigerians have indicated consistently. Rigging will be resisted more effectively this time as well .You dont rule disastrously for 11 years and expect the red carpet treatment. PDP can forget Lagos and they should be ready to concede the entire SW region to the ACN Party. If other regions of Nigeria know what is good for them they will fight to get rid of the "evil" PDP.

I agree with your position largely but ACN has been disastrous in Lagos especially with the overwhelming majority. I think the best bet for electorates in Lagos may be retaining Fashola (in the absence of a better Gubernatorial candidate from other parties, PDP is not an option) and keeping him on his toes by electing House of Assembly/Rep members from PDP and other parties. ACN will definitely be hearing from the people of Eti-Osa at he polls (for the arrogance of the toll gate) and also from the Doctors, teachers and their families but I think Fashola may just retain his position.

This may even be a win-win for Fashola and electorates, frees him from Tinubu and the Speaker's (Ikuforiji's threat). I also suspect that FAshola has put Lagos in a huge debt which will not be good for the next governor.
Re: The Earth Shifted Under Acn's Feet In Ikorodu by Nsiman(m): 1:58pm On Dec 26, 2010
Gej will takeover lagos to pdp

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Plans 10-year Bond In First Foreign Sale / The Head That Fits The Cap / Don’t Call An Ijaw Man Drunk Sailor Fisherman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.