Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,760 members, 7,824,183 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:19 AM

Udom Succumbs To Nkanga's Pressure, Nominates Wife As Commissioner - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Udom Succumbs To Nkanga's Pressure, Nominates Wife As Commissioner (1368 Views)

Extortion: MC Oluomo Succumbs To Jdwan’s Demands / Udom Emmanuel Commissions Idongesit Nkanga Avenue To Mark Akwa Ibom @35 / Protest As Makinde Nominates Seun Fakorede As Commissioner For Youth & Sports (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Udom Succumbs To Nkanga's Pressure, Nominates Wife As Commissioner by UncommonReports(m): 6:13pm On Mar 20, 2020
Reprieve has come the way of Air Commodore Idongesit Nkanga Rtd, as he is set to nominate another family member into the state executive council.
Despite concerns and counter opinion being raised about his insistence in always nominating his family members, the former Governor is still bent on making his wife the Commissioner.
Report has it that apart from his wife who is serving as a PA to Martha Udom, his brother, Samuel Nkanga is presently the Vice Chairman of Nsit Ibom LGA and another of his brother Amanam Nkanga is the SSA to the Governor on peace and conflict resolution

A source who pleaded to remain anonymous said
Nkanga informed a group of carefully selected supporters at his residence in Uyo on Thursday night that he has on several occasions been reminding the Governor on the need to recognize his contribution and the role he played in the 2019 general elections that saw to the victory of the PDP in the state.
He insists that the Governor will compensate him by giving him a slot as he was duly recognized and rewarded same in the last administration of Obong Godswill Akpabio who he admitted was magnanimous in offering him a slot in the state exco, "As the DG of campaign organization who led the party to victory, I'm entitled to a slot in the state executive council,
I nominated the Commissioner for Education who was later moved to Ministry of Women Affairs in Akpabio's regime." Nkanga boasted.

Quizzed on the influence of the present Commissioner for women affairs,Dr Gloria Edet the former Governor said she has benefited in the merger of two major ministries Agriculture and Women Affairs.
The Governor has assured me that he will unbundle the Ministry to give way to new hands who are expected to perform credibly in his completion agenda and he tipped his wife as one who could deliver as he said his wife is more experienced in handling women than Gloria Edet.

Our source also added that the elated Nkanga went on to say that the chances of another lobbyist, Mr Victor Umondak emerging the Commissioner has been dimmed with the proscription of secret cults by the state government. Obong Victor Umondak, a former Chairman of Nsit Ibom LGA and a renowned leader of a deadly cult group was also one of his options for the Nsit Ibom slot of Commissioner but with the recent ban on cult activities by the Governor he doesn't stand the chance of making it to the Executive Council unless the Governor is not sincere with the proscription.

" Udom can't afford to deny me the opportunity to nominate a Commissioner when he has accorded the National Legal Adviser of the party the honor of nominating two persons into the state executive council. Barr Emmanuel Enoidem has nominated his boy Barr Mbetobong Okpongette and one Mrs Umana into the yet to be constituted state exco." Nkanga was quoted to have told his supporters.

1 Like

Re: Udom Succumbs To Nkanga's Pressure, Nominates Wife As Commissioner by Fasindo: 6:17pm On Mar 20, 2020
h
Re: Udom Succumbs To Nkanga's Pressure, Nominates Wife As Commissioner by jaytee01(m): 6:25pm On Mar 20, 2020
Hachet job
Re: Udom Succumbs To Nkanga's Pressure, Nominates Wife As Commissioner by Blackking98(m): 6:35pm On Mar 20, 2020
Lol y'all should develop Akwa Ibom Las Las o

1 Like

Re: Udom Succumbs To Nkanga's Pressure, Nominates Wife As Commissioner by Citytrend: 6:38pm On Mar 20, 2020
Let the President kuku employ all his his own family members na.
Re: Udom Succumbs To Nkanga's Pressure, Nominates Wife As Commissioner by wiseone28: 8:49pm On Mar 20, 2020
Supid people i don't want to blame that Angel for bringing me to Africa

(1) (Reply)

Osinbajo’s Whereabouts Uncovered / Governor Akeredolu Disqualify To Participate In Apc Ondo Primaries Election / Oshiomhole Angry Because I Refused To Help Him Defraud Edo People —obaseki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.